Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 25«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2017 14:24:06   
  Solanaceae

ArchKnightshade of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I did some testing a while back. IIRC, Spiral Carve and Awe Blast are not, but Health Vamp and Mana Vamp are tripled (or whatever the Magnitude multiplier is nowadays).
DF AQW  Post #: 76
7/16/2017 14:32:28   
The ErosionSeeker

Oh, speaking of HP vamp, I'm pretty sure it's not healing for 2/3 of the damage, or if it is, it's curved/capped.
I definitely didn't shoot back to full hp with a 6k vamp crit, and I doubt that I get more than 600 from a big attack, anyways. Values given from CS for that fast triple attack action.
DF AQW  Post #: 77
7/16/2017 14:39:29   
you stop

@sol i hit about 25k as well with that combo but i really just dont like running out of resources :^) just some personal pet peeve
AQW  Post #: 78
7/16/2017 14:41:50   
  Solanaceae

Health Vamp heals for 2/3 of one's noncrit damage. (Melee Dodge.txt) I also believe that it's unaffected by damage boosts, either temporary or from equipment/passives. Not sure whether it varies based off damage range though.
DF AQW  Post #: 79
7/17/2017 2:47:18   
Pokemaster13

I finally got Thief of Hours and Master Ranger after years of them coming out, and ToH is still bugged?

I see who no one uses them anymore though, their damage output is horrendous...
Enhancements full luck for both right?
Post #: 80
7/17/2017 2:56:22   
Aura Knight

I've been using full thief on ToH. Seems to work well. The class does seem to be in need of an update. Been having issues for so long and doesn't appear they're all fixed. I don't know the most optimal enhancements for the class so thief might be bad, but it works for me.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 81
7/17/2017 3:52:22   
Foulman

Seeing as SSOT has infinite damage potential, I'm using Full Thief. You have just enough haste at level 60 to keep looping the skills without breaking out of the damage combo. You also get added survivability from dodge, and a slightly better hit chance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
7/17/2017 21:08:05   
  Solanaceae

SSoT not only has excellent long-term DPS but great short-term DPS as well. Using level 85 full Lucky without Awe/damage boosts, Undead Artix exploded in 41 seconds (~2680 DPS), while Jir'abin Challenge melted in 5 minutes and 19 seconds (~3625 DPS). With both Mana Vamp and a 15% damage boost, Jir'abin died in 2 minutes and 32 seconds (~7607 DPS). Mana Vamp lets you do crazy shenanigans, like using 3 5 4 3 2 3 every so often to get 50k+ nukes. The highest one I saw was 59k. I know that Awe enhancements cause a huge variation in kill times, but regardless, SSoT has completely exceeded my expectations. However, I still can't recommend it to anybody not drowning with ACs (which is most people) because it costs six times as much as LightCaster.
DF AQW  Post #: 83
7/17/2017 23:30:25   
Edme MacHeath

The longer the fight, the higher SSoTs DPS will go. I've gone much further with the DoTs than 59k however even without mana vamp or any awe enhancements.
I usually am able to get well into the 80-100k before I'm unable to properly continue to manage the skills. SSoTs DPS however really shines with a stonecrusher, giving it the highest sustainable DPS. Easily being able to work it's DoT to kill 1million+HP bosses in under a minute and a half with the proper usage of skills. This puts it far past a lightcaster or a void highlord. It's never been that it struggles with mana exactly, it's rather that it's just not entirely sustainable to get the DoTs to keep going indefinitely. It easily can surpass VHL and lightcaster and easily can become better than the other chronos. It's the highest DPS class ingame if everything is done correctly. It's kinda unconvential due to the fact that DoTs will eventually reset because you will eventually run out of mana. And the survival is good at best, It's somewhat spammable on the HoT and the mana isn't gonna last forever. It has enough to survive, just don't expect to fight challenge bosses. It's mana and HP is that it survives but doesn't quite sustain indefinitely. You can last quite long before you run out of mana to keep the damage going but it wont be forever.
AQ  Post #: 84
7/18/2017 1:15:02   
Rastaban

How fast does it kill Desolich with a good party?
Post #: 85
7/18/2017 3:31:17   
Foulman

@Rastaban around 5 minutes, if you have SC, SSOT, LC, Arch Pally, LDMK. Maybe even less.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
7/18/2017 4:48:21   
you stop

Less. Just add in Archfiend and Arachnomancer lol

(people seem to be forgetting about these supports that can really skyrocket your damage)

also, @sol: thanks for that mana vamp tip kek i really couldnt decide which enh to use, whether that or spiral carve but now it seems that the choice is clear

< Message edited by you stop -- 7/18/2017 4:54:52 >
AQW  Post #: 87
7/18/2017 5:48:02   
Loftyz

quote:

It's kinda unconvential due to the fact that DoTs will eventually reset because you will eventually run out of mana. And the survival is good at best, It's somewhat spammable on the HoT and the mana isn't gonna last forever. It has enough to survive, just don't expect to fight challenge bosses. It's mana and HP is that it survives but doesn't quite sustain indefinitely.

Just make some mana potions at /alchemyacademy.

I really think SSoT is a meme class. muh infinite damage. Things can still go wrong, like the Archpaladin missing their -90% attack against a high-level enemy, which can cause you to die and lose everything. I could be wrong about it since I've never used it and don't know how much it benefits from testing server, but I don't think it will be better than CDK in an ideal party (although CDK solo has no sustain and terribly inconsistent crits). It's probably a good alternative, though.

< Message edited by Loftyz -- 7/18/2017 7:29:38 >
AQW  Post #: 88
7/18/2017 15:28:01   
oAristotle

Is Daimon worth the 2k Acs?

Post moved and merged. Please check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 7/18/2017 16:36:00 >
AQW  Post #: 89
7/18/2017 17:06:26   
fxmybrute13

If you're a mem, no. Just farm for it.
If you're a non-mem, no. Just stick to Blaze binder, which you have at rank 10.
DF AQW  Post #: 90
7/18/2017 17:46:37   
ghoal

All classes are worth ACs
AQW  Post #: 91
7/18/2017 18:01:09   
Aura Knight

Not if you can easily farm for them they're not.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 92
7/18/2017 18:05:24   
Metakirby

In the technical sense, yes, every class has an assigned AC cost, which means it is worth* ACs, but paying 2k ACs to save a couple hours of farming is generally not worth it, unless you for some reason want the class ASAP.
Ranger, ToH, Battlemage, Arachnomancer, Evolved Shaman, Lycan, Pyromancer, Cryomancer, Soul Cleaver and so on are not worth it from a power standpoint, so unless it's your only method of obtaining them, the class is Lightcaster, you are gonna buy the class to try it out before farming it, or you have more ACs than you will ever need, then buying a class would not be worth it. Or a mix of any of those things.

*In the sense that it's value is the amount of ACs spend, totally unrelated to the term of a class being "worth it".

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/18/2017 18:09:11 >
AQW  Post #: 93
7/18/2017 18:53:58   
Zamar

I don't think its fair to say buying a class with ACs is not worth it if you can obtain the class by farming. Even though I have farmed for all of my classes, I never advise anyone that they shouldn't buy a class for ACs.

I have a friend that bought Blaze Binder and Stone Crusher for ACs.

There were times when people in Yulgar insulted him for this fact. They said they were better than him because they actually farmed for the class and weren't "lazy" like him.

I am not going to go into specifics, but most of the times when I see people with difficult-to-get items, I don't always trust they did it legitimately. I know this isn't always the case, but still, I think it is the majority of the cases. If I see someone with Master Ranger (oh god, I remember farming Sandsea reputation), I always have more doubt in their method of obtaining it than I would for someone who bought the "Ranger" class for ACs.

I just think people who buy classes for ACs shouldn't feel ashamed for obtaining a class this way instead of farming for it. They saved their time, and if you are like most people, you value time above all else.

I also have come to respect most people who support this game financially by purchasing membership and ACs (even though I haven't spent a penny myself). They are the people that keep this game running.

I think there are those that play this game because they like the sense of achievement from completing something (myself) and others who play this game mostly for dress-up/socializing. If the latter doesn't want to grind for a class, I think its perfectly acceptable.

< Message edited by Zamar -- 7/18/2017 18:59:39 >
Post #: 94
7/18/2017 19:34:24   
thulsa doom

quote:

Is Daimon worth the 2k Acs?

Yeah, I'd say it is. It can clear a room with 4000+HP monsters very quickly since it essentially has 3 nukes (~6000, ~3000 and ~2000). It's not a spamming class though, so you will have to watch your mana. Lower HP mobs (like Makai) can be taken out pretty effeciently by just using your first skill and AA. It's also pretty good at soloing and support thanks to its strong heal that can also help your party.
So yeah, if you don't feel like spending the time to Farm for it, go ahead and buy it -- you can always rank it up fast and see if you like it enough to keep it.

< Message edited by thulsa doom -- 7/18/2017 19:49:06 >
AQW  Post #: 95
7/18/2017 19:54:48   
Zeldax

Daimon only requires being a Legend and 200k gold (other than buying it with ACs).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
7/18/2017 22:26:05   
fxmybrute13

I don't think any of us believe that buying a class for 2K ACs when it can be farmed, would call it being lazy. We would simply consider it an inefficient use of ACs, and believe that ACs would better be spent elsewhere. This includes practical uses for ACs such as DragonBlade or inventory space, or nice-looking cosmetic items, to which everybody has their own taste.

Agreed, everybody has their own situation, but without delving too much into personal details, we can only talk from a general perspective.
DF AQW  Post #: 97
7/19/2017 4:55:22   
Foulman

If you want extra safety in tough boss fights, Blademaster with ArchPally and SC should always keep the damage low.
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
7/19/2017 10:38:12   
ryujii05

With the current level cap and class updates, is Abyssal Angel still the best/one of the best class for farming multiple mobs?

Can't test on my own at the moment because I stopped playing for almost 6 months and I'm still stucked at lvl 66...

< Message edited by ryujii05 -- 7/19/2017 10:40:25 >
AQW  Post #: 99
7/19/2017 11:44:52   
Zamar

@ryujii05

Yes, Abyssal Angel is still the best/one of the best class for farming multiple mobs. Though I don't own it, I think its a little better than both Blaze Binder and Shaman.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 25«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition