Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AE= What is the most epic battle in EpicDuel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =AE= What is the most epic battle in EpicDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2017 17:41:15   
  Alina
Battleon Sorceress

Hello all,

I have a very important question for you -- what is the most epic / memorable / your favorite battle in EpicDuel history? It can be from any storyline, any encounter... but it must be mind-blowingly cool!
Please reply here with your answers, and I will check back over the course of the week.

Thank you, and Battle On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/12/2017 19:06:33   
The Jop

Kartherax and the Black Abyss Spider.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/12/2017 19:33:57   
Kaizoku

Mercenaries when Hybrid Armor was still a passive.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
7/12/2017 22:22:44   
Silver Sky Magician

Dunno what AE has planned but I think most players would agree that their most epic battles were last-gasp close matches against other skilled players, which don't translate well to an event showcasing the greatest villains of all time.

But we have had some pretty cool fights against NPCs too. For a long time Nightwraith was the hardest boss around due to his combination of durability and luck. Admin 11 was (I think) the first boss requiring an ally to fight alongside you, and he was quite significant to the plot as well. M4tr1x was (I think) the first legend boss, and she's the iconic face of ED. Personally I have especially fond memories of fighting Saeva Lionhart alongside my annoyingly unreliable NPC partner, Rev.
Post #: 4
7/12/2017 23:40:35   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Infernal Infiltration War :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/13/2017 4:05:14   
HwarangxDxArcher

I don't follow the storyline much in this game, I played mostly pvp :P

I loved it when it just come out and passive skill make every class unique in their own way.
DF Epic  Post #: 6
7/13/2017 8:58:15   
Greed Redemption

Every fight I had before the game went downhill, were the best. I didn't come online to just battle. I didn't come online just to get to max level. I didn't come online to buy Varium just for nothing. I had a purpose in this game. It was something that made me feel, well, alive. This is a place where I feel at home. I got on everyday after school in 2009 playing and haven't stopped till recently this year of 2017. I remember 2013 in omega I kept telling my friends, "Don't quit! They will fix the game guys." I guess that in the end, I only wasted their time. But I miss the fun we had and I didn't want it to go away. I wanted the fun to stay because they made my day better. Even on my worst times growing up. I met many great people on here who were also great counselors to me. I will never find a game that did this for me like this game has. 2009-2012, Everyday I was happy to play ED. When omega came out I can't remember if it was late 2012 or just hit 2013 but i'll just put it this way. 2012-2017 To sad to play. The only reason I played this game was not for the battles... It was for the friends and "brothers" I met along the way. Whom are all gone now. Goodbye :(

My most epic time though is when I defeated 800+ players back in delta and winning 1v1 championship.
-Vizrus

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 7/13/2017 9:01:01 >
Epic  Post #: 7
7/13/2017 11:28:26   
Wind

The live wars Exile vs Legion for events. Infernal Infiltration War ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/13/2017 19:14:15   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I still have nightmares of fighting Oz
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/14/2017 14:41:51   
8x

lol what? You need some epic battle ideas for AQ3D or something?
Epic  Post #: 10
7/14/2017 22:17:31   
Kanbaru

When Back in 2012 (Epicduel Delta), The Player .RayMan. as a Tech Mage Fought against the Player DeathNightmare, a Blood Mage (Blood Mage was so OP the other Classes didnt stand a chance), But the Hero, .RayMan. Didnt let an OP class mess his plans about Killing the OP Classes with the Weaker ones, so after all the Turns and Health/Energy Gained using BloodLust and Reroute (Pls bring passives back), .RayMan. Manages to OutSmart Deathnightmare with the Skill called *malfunction* which lowed his Resistance and forced him into using his limited energy on an useless energy shield, Why useless? Because .RayMan. Only used it to make him think that if he didnt used energy shield to cover the lost resistances, he would of died really fast, but him thinking that, was .RayMan. plan all along...

...He just wanted to force him use the Shield Because He had a Physical gun with Deadly aim and the Physical Gamma Bot with a deadly Bludgeon Rage to be used after Deathnightmare applied the energy Shield Which was devastating for him, resulting in the desperation of Deathnightmare, He was so desperate that he Started using the Black Market Ilegal Items, The: HealthBoosters and Energy Boosters, to come back to the game but after using all the boosters he was still facing the Mighty Skills of .RayMan. , Even after his use of boosters, .RayMan. was still at 90% of health while DeathNightmare was at just 20%, After Many Blocks with less dexterity and deflections with less support by Deathnightmare, he still managed to stay short against the hero .RayMan. Because the hero used his energy resources well enough to manage to Heal Loop, combining Reroute with the Skill Field Medic, .RayMan. was able to Heal 20 times more than Deathnightmare, Resulting in a slow and Painful Death to the Raged Deady Aim Sidearm Damage, Dealing 20% of Deathnightmare total HP, Just enough to put him to sleep.

So this was one of the best Epic Duels in history for the Game EpicDuel.

And AE, Dont make the same mistake Blizzard did with WoW, as you can see the game turned really bad with the lastest Expansions and most of the community want the Old Phases/Expansions back, the same goes for Epicduel, the lastest Expansions didnt meet the expectations and players demand the old Phases to come back just so they can play a better n more fun game.

< Message edited by Kanbaru -- 7/14/2017 22:20:16 >
Post #: 11
7/26/2017 19:51:43   
Wootz

Hard choice to make here. There were a lot of them worthy of memory.

The earliest one I remember was back when I was still a F2P player, level 27 and faced "Devil..", a capped player with the best items and the illusive Founder Duel Master armor and through some hardcore battling I managed to win and gain entry to his faction.
Other memorable ones futured a duel againts Titan where he one shotted me with eleven thousand damage, aswell as Rainaka (Lycus) who did the same. A couple of friendly duels with Charfade, Wiseman, Wind, Battle Elf and The Joker X. Most respect for everyone whom I made friends in this game, I'll never forget it and sure hope you aswell won't forget the fun and memorable moments. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/28/2017 2:58:23   
Skullhax

From what I recall the most Epic part of my EpicDuel journey is the older phases when EPICDuel actually used to be EPIC, until of course AE decided they no longer needed to pay the game any attention. Thereafter comes my most favourite part of EPICDuel and, aside from the friends I've made, again this has a large link with AE and how they used to pay it attention. My favourite part is when the devs actually used to care. My most memorable battle is between me and the helpteam and this is not an ongoing issue but it was EPIC whilst is lasted.
Post #: 13
8/1/2017 8:51:04   
Satafou

The fact no one has mentioned a 2vs2 battle between good players is just sad. There shouldn't really be any other answer than that theme, even if you're not a 2vs2 player everyone has done an intense 2vs2 between good players or friends and i don't see how even an intense 1vs1 never mind npc could come close to that.
Post #: 14
8/7/2017 21:01:07   
Daph Duck

Paige and variation vs t.600 and edzo
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/9/2017 11:29:12   
Mother1

I would say it was my most epic battle but for me several things were the most epic

1) My very first attempt at the 2 vs 2 champ. While I didn't win I was able to get to the number 7 spot with a 100% win ratio back in delta.

2) Infernal war Best war ever played In my opinion. Had so much fun trying to get the best cheevo while bashing those vault walls.

3) Golden Yeti Tourney. Back in early omega when the game was still playable for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2.
Epic  Post #: 16
8/15/2017 15:48:35   
Gold Shock

There were many, MANY battles that even to this day, never got the exposure they deserved. I think some of the most memorable battles consisted of 2v2 that usually involved players like: Daphne (aka Dax), Snake King, RP6, 5050, skr33ch, Velvetcheeks, 8rlxo (8x). IMO some of the greatest memories and battles were made in Beta.

What made beta so awesome, wasn't about the skill trees or class builds. It was the attitude, personality and community that was being established back then.

When this game was first released it was raw and simple. Mages were the only class that needed to be nerfed (anyone remember Chaos1x & OxBlooD? ) and that could of been fixed by reducing reroute. They messed it all up with agility and focus (with damage increase which has now been scraped). Now the gamma bot is pretty redundant. There is a lot in this game that should of never made it into game and now because of it, builds are now very limited. This is a shame because when this game was RAW (Early Beta) builds were creative. Early beta was a fabulous time. From the day Alpha ended up until probably around late april of 2010, this game had a very large amount of potential. At the time their were no major requirements on skills, no limitations such as focus and agility, no major skill requirements, no OP +5 builds with Gamma Bot, people were friendly ( FLATH!), and best of all, the players were free to do as they pleased with their builds, and to get creative!

However, as i'm sure a handful of you may know; It wasn't just battles that made this game so great.

I think one of my most memorable aspects of the game outside of battles was that desperation for everyone reaching that "Pro" status. I feel like the game really set the template up for that well. I craved the competitiveness like a pregnant woman craves chocolate,

To me a pro is a player that has an experience, a player that can keep up with the curve, a player that can lead his team mate to victory or even better read his or her team mates mind. A pro is any player who can make the best of what they got, ( varium or non varium, fully enhanced equipment vs not, max level vs not etc). A pro is also a player who have/had good memories of this game. A pro is a player who have eternal rivalries, friends, and feels anger and ( not or) happiness while playing the game. And finally a pro is a player who contributes to the game, either by buying varium packages or by contributing to the forum ( i.e general discussion of ED suggestion) or by making videos that when the look back on later, all the can say is good times.

There is nothing like a unique build, every build in this game use the same basic strategy, but a pro is a player who knows how to add their own spice to the build, and over time the spice the add to their build makes that build unique, but as time passes by, that unique build became part of the basic strategy used in every build.

There were so many other memorable aspects to ED:

It was the personality. The community.

It had little to do with the latest build or stats.

Being creative and keeping every class capable of killing each other with opposing builds. But unfortunately those days have gone, and now you have to get in line and pay up to become the best class.

EpicDuel had so much potential and interaction then. Nightwraith And Titan actually would visit in game and communicate with the players in the forums.

The old ED forum was much more edgy and far less censored. The thread deletion rate was somewhere around 1%. So many memories where made in the original forums. I am still mad to this day there is no archive.

Many players were doing all they could to make a name for themselves and faction competition was extremely fierce.

There was incentive to actually reach level cap (30) and join hardcore factions: Three Stars & A Sun, The Evil Council, Death Syndicate X, Super Freaks United, Renegade Masters.

There was an attitude and swagger to some of the true legends of the game back then. It was a glorious time.

There was also a lot of hope And faith in both the promises and potential growth of the game to come.

Playing Epicduel was a journey, there was actually a purpose & goal. I remember there were in-game goals established by the ED community to reach:

To get to level cap
To have a respectable win/lost record (over 70%)
To buy at least one varium pack to help support the game
To have warlord ranking (minimum)
To have 5 stars (minimum)
To belong to a good faction (a good faction was alive and competitive..flags, WD, team dailys)
To contribute on forum, make useful and constructive posts
To help new players get better
To have won at least one daily champ medal
To be famous without begging.
To beat all NPCS
To be able to make your own builds
To win and respect the player who lost
To be on one of the All-Time leaderboard

Trying to achieve all of the above was very memorable for me.

< Message edited by Wind -- 8/28/2017 23:17:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/27/2017 11:35:16   
hello there

MY most epic time was when they stopped the following being possible

"My most epic time though is when I defeated 800+ players back in delta and winning 1v1 championship."

And got rid of p2w....

Post #: 18
8/28/2017 13:07:13   
Greed Redemption

@Hello there

It was a fun time, whats wrong with that?
Epic  Post #: 19
8/28/2017 16:11:32   
One Winged Angel1357

You literally payed money to make the game unplayable for people who didn't. It's been a few years since I did the math but the numbers came out to like a seven level difference when just comparing average F2P players vs average varium players. In the most extreme cases you were looking at a 10+ level difference. This was just for cap vs cap players and I would hate to see the numbers as we stretched down the five level gap due to how awful the stat modifier curve looked prior to Omega

Statements like this make me wonder how I ever ended up on the guest team because I often vocally disagreed with the games practices.

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 8/28/2017 16:13:20 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/29/2017 0:29:02   
Mother1

@ Hello There

"Got rid of pay to win?"

Sorry but they never got rid of it at best omega nerfed it but it is still there. From the promo's that come back in a year for free to play (if it wad gone promo's would be available for all from the start not just paying players) to the old promo cores that are varium only. then there are the recycled wars where bombs can be brought that if someone wanted to can wreak a free to play players hard work in less than 5 minutes if they spend enough.

@ OWA

Sadly that is how it was back in those days and it is still like that in a sense today but nerfed. Due to them making varium give power when you got to the higher levels where Varium players were it was either pay to level the field when fighting them and making non-varium players punching bags or don't pay and be a punching bag to every varium player. a lot of my friends quit back then because they refused to do so.
Epic  Post #: 21
8/29/2017 15:09:38   
One Winged Angel1357

@mother I've been around since 09 I got to watch that power creep first hand but a much younger me didn't fully understand what was going on. I could only imagine if the me that made the giant thread on credits post the exp curve update was the same me that played back then.

It's also now seen as marketing suicide which is why it isn't as clearly broken to a P2W system in AQ3D.

If I had to pick an epic fight to keep this post somewhat on topic I'd point to beating George Lowe as a F2P prior to the bug that gave every weapon the icy chill effect
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/30/2017 17:00:54   
lampur1

Been a while since I last posted/answered to anything but for me personally probably when I first killed Nightwraith to get his birthday box key thingy.

I always wanted Platinum's Pride but since ive always been a f2p bleb I had to get the next best thing which was Nightwraith's duds. (Platinum's Pride and Frostbane/Frost Slayer were my 14 year old self's dreams.)

But my most memorable fight was probably against Seth Juron since he was my first ally boss battle where I didn't open a new tab (if you know what I mean) That day I made a good friend.

I'd say the most epic part about this game was the community back when Famous players had Fame and not some random people who beg 24/7.(Illuminator and Nightangel are still my 2 fav ED youtubers even though both of them quit already)

< Message edited by lampur1 -- 8/30/2017 17:01:36 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/10/2017 23:48:58   
ValkyrieXIV

Determination and sheer willpower were the key to beating varium knights back in 2012 when I started. Despite being a completely free player I had a very impression 3-1 win/lose ratio. I had mad respect from everyone I faced and had my build copied heavily in 2v2. Til this day I use a similar build (though only viable mostly in 2v2) people ask me how do I have so many 1v1 wins..........well, lemme tell you a time where you could win using YOUR created build...
Post #: 24
9/12/2017 9:36:03   
Xendran

Some of the most memorable battlers were taking the most fine-tuned builds and pitting them against each other.

The heal loop mirror match was a surprisingly interesting one, and almost reminds me of what Old School Runescape PVP is like.
It was a game of managing resources, but since both players have the ability to heal to full health, comboing them down while they are at low HP and unable to heal becomes the way to win. Rather than simply beating them through raw damage effectiveness, there were times when skipping your turn was legitimately the best play.

I want you guys to think about that for a minute, there was a time in EpicDuel where skipping your turn was a legitimate and correct decision to make. Despite all of the imbalances in the game, there was still strategy.
Doing weaker attacks to not over-supply them on mana, skipping your turn to prevent them from raging, needing to get them on certain HP amounts to try to combo them down before cooldowns, etc.

There was just a lot more to think about and it allowed those of us who could think multiple turns ahead to come up with builds and strategies that really evolved over time and were able to adapt to the meta.
It's what i've grown to love from CCGs like Eternal and Magic: The Gathering these days, they retain exactly that feel that I loved about epic duel.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =AE= What is the most epic battle in EpicDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition