Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2017= Forge OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2017= Forge OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2017 0:03:13   
  Starflame13

This thread will be your OOC forum for the competitors of the Forge Arena to discuss tactics, collaborations, plots, as well as to ask questions of your fellow combatants and to provide any additional details necessary to clarify your character or your actions.

Each of the combatants in this arena will be placed at an equidistant starting point. The order in which you are listed in the roster is the relative location you enter the arena in, with the first competitor entering in at the North of the arena and moving clockwise around the edge of the arena. Alternatively, you can view this as the competitor listed above you will be on your right and the competitor listed below you in the roster will enter in on your left. All contestants are assumed to enter roughly at the same time, regardless of posting order.

Feel free to ask me questions within this thread, via PM, or via IRC if you have any details you would like clarified. As a reminder, our new IRC channel is #RPooc , and details of how to join it can be found in the initial OOC thread. You can also use the IRC channel to collaborate with the other forumites.

The Roster
Anki - Block C3, created by draketh99!
Michelle Verona , created by Axicia! Idle Out
Alastasia Mayvendel, created by Dragonknight315!
Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis , created by Kellehendros!
Edward, created by deathlord45!
Ee-nuk Chuk va Tuktuk, created by TormentedDragon!

In addition, I will be editing in any questions that may be useful for all combatants to read. Beginning with:

What are the dimensions of the arena?
All Paragon Phase arenas share a similar construction when it comes to the dimensions. From the geometric center it is 65 feet (19.8 meters) of terrain until reaching either a barrier wall or, such as with Spike or Sky, the lethal hazards ringing the arena. Entrance ways vary by arena in terms of design, but consist of eight equidistant points starting from cardinal North. Were one to connect the entrances with lines, you would inscribe a perfect octagon within the circle of the arena.

But we have fewer than 8 in the arena!
While arenas are designed with a maximum occupancy of eight contestants, we'd rather let people spread out and have more arena variety than to crowd everyone into a single arena. Any locations after the last person on the roster is placed would be considered Vacant.

What's the deal with these pillars?
The normal pillars are 20 feet high (6.1 meters) before they pass through the smoke barrier ceiling. There are 16 of them, evenly spaced and forming a ring halfway between the outer edge and the center of the arena. Each are about 3 feet (.9 meters) in diameter. Like the walls, they shed light from the cracks of lava and are hot to the touch.

The central pillar, or "Heart" of the Forge turns to lava about 3 feet (0.9 meters) from the ground. Its flames stay within its boundaries as if it was a stone pillar, but it WILL badly burn anything that touches it and incinerate anything that tries to pass fully through it, regardless of protection.

As an aside, anything that passes up or through the smoke barrier ceiling is considered "out of bounds" and will not re-enter the arena.

Do the gates out of the arena remain open?
Yes, but they fill with a smoke barrier once you pass through. If you choose to pass through the smoke barrier, you will be forfeiting the fight.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/29/2017 0:53:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/24/2017 0:37:26   
Dragonknight315

Good luck, guys! I'm...a bit shocked, being filled in the room with so much talent. I'm a complete amateur, but I hope I can offer something to the table.

If you need to ask anything of me, you can reach me here in the OOC, a PM, or on Discord as Dragonknight315#6292.

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 7/24/2017 12:44:03 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/24/2017 1:36:08   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

Best of luck to all! I look forward to meeting you all in the Forge! I likely won't be able to post until Tuesday evening.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, this thread and discord are the best ways to get a hold of me! Discord ID: draketh99#3916
DF  Post #: 3
7/24/2017 3:16:05   
Axicia

I'll get something up in a bit, I promise.
Hope we'll have a good time together! Looking forward to meeting and crossing blades you all in the Forge. I check the OOC rather religiously, if you want to get a hold of me. But if you prefer a more personal communication, you can PM me here or poke me on Discord: Axicia#3300
Post #: 4
7/24/2017 19:47:51   
deathlord45

This is going to be interesting to say the least. Good luck everyone. We're gonna need it.

Discord name: Death Clock#1711
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
7/24/2017 20:16:32   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Starflame, if we could get an answer to a question that came up on Discord: Could we get a general idea of where Forge is located in relation to the EC complex? The see-through ceiling (for spectators) is reminiscent of Cellar, but there is no mention of a staircase or ladder leading down to the gates allowing ingress. Is Forge underground, or is it simply a self-contained building on ground level?

Aiming to get a post up tomorrow, pending RL shenanigans. If anyone has need of me, I can be reached here, there (via PM), or everywhere (on mIRC in #rpooc as Kell/Teras, or on Discord Kell#8884).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
7/24/2017 20:35:49   
  Starflame13

@Kellehendros - The floors down to Forge slope somewhat, but it's not fully underground. It's housed in a newly-formed crater in one of the rocky outcroppings on the outer edge of the arena complex.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/24/2017 21:28:46   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Axicia, since it seems we're going to rumble, I was hoping you could clarify something for me regarding your character. Your bio sheet seems to be missing an explanation of what the Betrayer is.

Which is to say: What does the object in question look like? You describe it as being a magical item and generally appearing white, but that doesn't tell me if it is a dagger, a handkerchief, or a hipflask. My guess, based on the fact it is not inside spoiler tags, is that this is a piece of gear visible on Michelle's person, but I don't have anything to tell me what it actually is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
7/24/2017 21:57:07   
Axicia

Ah, yes. Betrayer is the hibiscus decoration on her head mentioned in her appearance tab, Kellehendros
Post #: 9
7/24/2017 21:59:59   
TormentedDragon

So is it always on fire? Or is it only sometimes on fire?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
7/24/2017 22:35:47   
Axicia

Yes, though when not in use it only "burns" with magical flames of several colors, more like a pretty decoration. Only when it is in use (See: Spirit Flare) does it emit actual, harmful fire.
Post #: 11
7/24/2017 23:22:05   
Dragonknight315

Earlier today, I worked on making a map for the Forge. Visuals always help, and it should put things into scale.

http://imgur.com/l2PE2W3

The pillars are not equidistant from each other, but blame that on my shoddy paint skills. Everything else is roughly to scale.

But yeah, first post made. This is going to be tough...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
7/25/2017 20:28:59   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Let's get down the business.

*Cues the Disney tunes.*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
7/26/2017 1:37:27   
Dragonknight315

Axicia, since I am going to be moving near you, any clarifications you need on Alastasia?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
7/26/2017 5:02:54   
Axicia

Dragonknight315, none for now, rather...

Kellehendros and Dragonknight315, since if I brawl both of you it would be 2vs1, what do you say? Are you okay with this engagement or should we wait for the others? If I recall correctly, one character hasn't made their intro post yet.
Post #: 15
7/26/2017 12:42:46   
Dragonknight315

Personally, I'm fine with starting the engagement Axcia. How I move mostly depends on your post.

And yes Deathlord has not made his first post/entry for Edward. If he does try to engage, he might attack Kell from behind, making this quite the brawl. It would be interesting how it turns out....

Deathlord, are you okay with us moving on?

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 7/26/2017 18:22:02 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
7/26/2017 18:44:23   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm game if you are, Axicia.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
7/28/2017 17:51:43   
TormentedDragon

Post.

Anki is not ignored - she is being stealthy and Ee-nuk did not see her due to general visibility issues. Meksuit provides lots of vision barriers. Also loud.

Edward also didn't get noticed for similar reasons though he seems to be less purposefully stealthy.

Is probably obvious but assuming is bad so:
Bug-man = Teras
Red-hair = Michelle
Paleface = Alastasia

Ee-nuk approaches from general central area.

Edit: additional clarification - as indicated in first post, "taunt" transmits Ee-nuk's voice through the speakers. That button makes his words eminently audible. Shouldn't need clarification, but again assuming leads to problems.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/28/2017 18:41:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
7/28/2017 23:15:20   
Dragonknight315

Whew. So, I made my post. I was waiting for Axicia to post, but that didn't happen.

Alastasia can't see Ee-Nuk but can hear where the sound is coming from. Thus, she assumes the sound comes from the same place.
From Draketh's post, I don't think Alastasia would be able to see Anki. He stealthy as it is, and the pillars should be in the way of her sight. Can't say the same for Edward.

Lunara is a friend of her's back home in Allevia. The two become close in the last two years after she defeated the water spirit. She's a talented hunter and former assassin. If I get the chance, I'll elaborate more on her (and another important character) later.

A lot of actions are going on. I tried my best to condense it all with what time I had.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
7/29/2017 0:52:33   
  Starflame13

Axicia! You have not posted since your last post on 07/24/2017, at 9:15pm. Your deadline for making your next post has passed. You are hereby disqualified due to Rule #3: Idle out. Your character is now at the mercy of the other combatants.

Again, if you know ahead of time that you will miss a deadline or be out of town, please let me know as soon as possible. I can't guarantee we can work with every situation, but prior knowledge is helpful.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
7/30/2017 2:28:11   
Dragonknight315

Death, can you give a rough idea as to how much force Edward's bow can give when fully notched? I know it's slim, but how slim? Also, are the tips of the arrows thin and long or more broad and wide?

EDIT: On that note, how is his quiver on his back? Is it supported by several straps, or is it somehow attached to the back of a belt?

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 7/30/2017 4:30:05 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
7/31/2017 1:20:41   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

I would like to request a 24 hour extension for my next post, as I'm going to be flying across the country. I'm hoping not to need it, but should anything go wrong with flight plans or jet lag take hold, I'd like that buffer, please.

Thank you!
DF  Post #: 22
7/31/2017 11:45:41   
  Starflame13

@draketh99 - Hopefully the flights will go well, but you have the extension if it's necessary.

If anyone working/collaborating with draketh needs a half-day or full-day extension because of a potentially later post on his end, please let me know.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
7/31/2017 20:17:19   
deathlord45

Dragonknight, What do you mean by slim? It's an average sized bow. The arrows are thin and long; the quiver is on his back through several straps around lower abdomen

< Message edited by deathlord45 -- 7/31/2017 20:46:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
8/1/2017 1:56:05   
TormentedDragon

Anki is no longer ignored!

Anki and Alastasia are both pale-faces. Fortunately, Anki has white hair while Alastasia has blonde hair.

Of course they're also dressed differently but gob only cares about clothes sometimes.

Feel free for asking clarification questions here or on Discord.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2017= Forge OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition