Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2017 9:54:41   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

This thread is for discussing Nulgath, his items, his quests and his zone! You may also ask us (Tendou and I) direct questions here and we may even answer them, (OOOOOOH DIRECT RESPONSES). Please see below for specifically what does (and doesn't) belong in this thread.

Things to keep in mind:

• Everyone's opinions are just that. Opinions. If you don't agree, that's fine. But, there is no need for rule breaking behavior.
  • If you see a rule breaker, do these three things: Report it. Ignore it. Move on. It is forum staff's job to deal with it, not yours. We would rather you have fun with the discussion and let us worry about rules broken.
  • Constructive Criticism is meant to improve something, not rant, whine and complain to be heard. If you are going to criticise, do so with the intent to give help, not tear down.
  • Member vs Non-Member arguments, wars and discussion will not be tolerated. There is no room for it. (we love you all, promise)
  • Accomplishments can go in the =AQW= (Dis)Accomplishments Thread
  • Need a party to get something of Nulgath's or to farm? Refer to the =AQW= Let's Party! Thread.

Have fun discussing!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/25/2017 12:03:38   
you stop

any news on Kiss The Void not dropping the x2 Bloodgem chance?
AQW  Post #: 2
7/25/2017 12:10:33   
Aura Knight

Why is it that a lot of nulgath farming progress depends on RNG? Isn't guaranteed progress better to have? No one wants to do a quest that takes a day to finish only for a small chance to get something. Such a thing ruins what little interest someone may have in getting a nulgath item. And why does it seem like most quests are created just to force people to play?

One thing that would be nice to have is a single item that lets you move through Tercess without the use of the 8 or could be 9 or more items needed to do that. A Travel Pass for Tercess that can be made by merging all the items already needed to move around the area. This can save people inventory space which will likely be taken up again by nulgath reagents. Could such a thing be made or will nulgath always be what puts a huge strain on players' inventories? Even with the ac tag on items it was still a challenge to hold on to all things.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/25/2017 12:11:14   
Asuka

quote:

any news on Kiss The Void not dropping the x2 Bloodgem chance?

quote:

You may also receive, at random:

Blood Gem of the Archfiend x2

Is still there. It's not 100% though

quote:

Why is it that a lot of Nulgath farming progress depends on RNG?

When we first took on the project to became designers, we knew full well we wanted the tedious aspect of farming to stay. That 2010 era feel of it. Nowadays you have a looott of options in farming and lots are extremely beneficial pets and gear to work with. If everything was 100% no questions asked, it wouldn't be satisfactory. (least not to me anyways)

quote:

Such a thing ruins what little interest someone may have in getting a nulgath item. And why does it seem like most quests are created just to force people to play?

We are looking at ways to improve interest in this and I can't reaalllyyy share my plans just yet (as they are plans and I dont want people to stab me with pitchforks quite yet) The quests are the way they are actually because of demand as well. I had many people thank me for essentially keeping the Nation alive with Tendou and bringing a nostalgic feel back into it. We know we aren't going to please everyone. We are well aware how much the community can essentially hate us at a drop of a hat. We are however working as best as we can to improve everyone's experience, casual and hardcore farmer.

quote:

One thing that would be nice to have is a single item that lets you move through Tercess without the use of the 8 or could be 9 or more items needed to do that. Could such a thing be made or will nulgath always be what puts a huge strain on players' inventories? Even with the ac tag on items it was still a challenge to hold on to all things.

No promises but uhh...Tendou and I are ALWAYS (and I mean always) talking about this. NO PROMISES but we are experimenting with a few things.

< Message edited by Asuka -- 7/25/2017 12:23:31 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/25/2017 12:33:16   
kyzer22

We need new items to farm asuka D:
Post #: 5
7/25/2017 12:53:10   
axell5

By this point most if not all know the famous first generation of items Mr Milton brought us. Recently(could be a year or 2 ago pls don't judge me on my time perception T-T) many rare items had their tags changed accordingly to show that they are rare ones. Some have kept their "Unknown" tag(namely the OBoN , Combat style betrayal blade , Spellbound staff and Vestige. Is this something that was left out on purpose and we should be excited for the future or just missed out on the rare tag?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/25/2017 13:14:23   
LouisCyphere

AoE VHL class when? Proto VHL?

With a new class coming (hopefully) and probably other classes soon, how would you guys, Asuka and Tendou, will manage VHL to be still the "top" class? Since powercreep is a thing in AQW.

A bit off-topic, I would like to see you guys work on a clas of similar tier to VHL for the Legion. A class for AoE farming since VHL is Single Target.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/25/2017 13:31:03   
you stop

will there be any nulgath bork doqqo related material in the game?
AQW  Post #: 8
7/25/2017 13:33:21   
The ErosionSeeker

quote:

No promises but uhh...Tendou and I are ALWAYS (and I mean always) talking about this. NO PROMISES but we are experimenting with a few things.

Easy fix, ENNH room with a teleporter that brings you to whatever room you want to go to. Require some kind of trinket that needs all the travel items to make, maybe throw a VNM and some other stuff on it to make it less accessible.
DF AQW  Post #: 9
7/25/2017 15:21:59   
Hexiled

Dear Asuka,

It's been awhile since I have personally taken anything seriously so now I guess this is as good as ever. I wanted to know if you will be adding a farm to the game that will legitimately take a year to complete? I'm speaking only for myself in that I really do not have interests for the game anymore, except something to kill my time. What I mostly enjoyed wasn't obtaining an item from a farm, but just having an in-game goal to work towards every week or month. I do however suppose I am a lot older now and my time for this game just maybe over as well, but the previous stated question will be the only one I ask you game related.

Sincerely,

Hexiled
AQW  Post #: 10
7/25/2017 15:24:09   
Ryze

Hai nubs, I recently released a discussion video on youtube regarding Crag and Bamboozle.

In the comments people seemed dissapointed with the pet, calling it a waste of money, to which I disagree. I find it very useful in many cases, but I also agree to them to SOME extent. The people whp responded didn't have any arguments to why it was bad (well, expect Larvae being better), but it still got me thinking. Bamboozle has the powerful combination of Bamboozle vs. Drudgen + Supplies to spin The Wheel of Chance, and easy Unidentified 13's. I think that is enough for Bamboozle, but Crag on the other hand, is very outdated. The requirements are ridicilous for things that are much easier to obtain from free quests.

That takes me to my question, have you been thinking about updating the pet? I've been thinking a bit (very little) about the situation, and I think one solution might be instead of making it absurdly overpowered make it more balanced. Crag might give diamonds, gems, crystals etc. and Bamboozle the contracts, vouchers and weapons?

To get a clear question out of this ramble, do you have plans for Crag and Bamboozle? And if you are, what is details on that?

EDIT: Sorry for not yelling

< Message edited by Ryze -- 7/25/2017 15:36:01 >

Valar Dohaeris
AQW  Post #: 11
7/25/2017 16:16:57   
Metakirby

quote:

I wanted to know if you will be adding a farm to the game that will legitimately take a year to complete?

Just farm NSoD, but use the non mem quest to farm all the Void Auras, then you have a good year of farming ahead of you. Sure, with literal 24/7 farming, it can be done in (maybe) 2-3 months and that's even a generous estimate, doing it in less than 3 months is more or less impossible under normal circumstances, unless you can find some buddies to farm with and assuming you are not using the test servers to turn in, or farm in certain periods of test server goodness (anything ranging from the 4.6 times damage from the AFDL set to 100% droprates, resulting in 17 Void Auras per turn in, the latter being an immense time saver).

I find farms that can be reasonably done in a month or 2 (or slightly less) to be fine, VHL is fine, ENNH is fine (although Blood Gems were a pain), AFDL doesn't really have a range of farming time, it's just RNG all the way through.

Then we have BLoD which was (supposedly) going to take many months, but nowadays it can be gotten in a couple days worth of farming. Kind of the same with AoA, it's very possible in a couple days, with the right group. HoA will likely not be gotten in a single day, that's still a grind that has remained pretty consistent over the years. This comes from someone who cheesed the Helm grind via testing servers.
AQW  Post #: 12
7/25/2017 16:38:13   
polot38

How does AFDL compare to VHL in terms of difficulty to acquire? And lets assume average luck.

< Message edited by polot38 -- 7/25/2017 16:39:11 >
AQW  Post #: 13
7/25/2017 16:47:54   
flyingmongoose

How do you feel about the normalization of both Nulgath and the Legion?
They both lost their shininess and the elitism associated with them. Its no longer the secret club that the hardcore people wished it to be.
Theres been no contention between the sides and really no reason to "associate" with either in a deeper capacity.
---

Thank you for the cookie cutter response from 2014 Axell, but I will reply to it anyway.
It cant exactly "hold" the status when there's no other "farm faction" to compete against i.e no other game in town. Please dont argue for the Legion being its offset, because that's paid entry along with a "test".
Some of what you can try to get is "pretty hard" from a plebeian point of view but beyond that its just taking your time and farming, not really hard unless you're under-leveled

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 7/25/2017 17:23:28 >
AQW  Post #: 14
7/25/2017 16:49:10   
axell5

@flyingmongoose Nation is holding it's status as an endgame faction that's pretty hard.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/25/2017 16:54:29   
Stronius

@Polot38

The problem with gauging the difficulty of AFDL is the RNG requirement of getting that unidentified 35. You need that Uni 35 to get the actual armor, and completing the quest that will (potentially) drop it takes roughly a week of average-level farming. So if you turn in Willpower Extraction once or twice a day, within 3 or 4 days on average you'll have enough Malignant essences to turn in Nulgath Demands Work, which on it's own also requires a decent sum of diamonds, gems, and of course vouchers. So, this takes another day or so, assuming you haven't already gathered enough various gems as byproducts from your Willpower Extraction farming. Then of course it's just luck to get the Uni 35 to drop. It dropped for me after the 4th turn-in, luckily, but I know people who've gotten it twice in 4 turn-ins, and people who have completed the quest over 20 times without luck.

< Message edited by Stronius -- 7/25/2017 16:55:11 >

Clever, witty, and slightly Daemonic.
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Stronius
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/25/2017 18:29:13   
Asuka

quote:

Is this something that was left out on purpose and we should be excited for the future or just missed out on the rare tag?

It probably just missed the tag. We can always check..

quote:

With a new class coming (hopefully) and probably other classes soon, how would you guys, Asuka and Tendou, will manage VHL to be still the "top" class? Since powercreep is a thing in AQW.

Not for us to decide. Thats on the class testers and balancers. We aren't regularly making sure "okay lets make sure VHL is number one top dog"

quote:

will there be any nulgath bork doqqo related material in the game?

*Says something in doggo, completely unreadable*

quote:

Easy fix, ENNH room with a teleporter that brings you to whatever room you want to go to. Require some kind of trinket that needs all the travel items to make, maybe throw a VNM and some other stuff on it to make it less accessible.

Too much hassle. Way too much

quote:

I wanted to know if you will be adding a farm to the game that will legitimately take a year to complete?

STOP, THEY WILL ALL KILL ME, INCLUDING THE STAFF THEMSELVES IF I DO THIS

quote:

To get a clear question out of this ramble, do you have plans for Crag and Bamboozle? And if you are, what is details on that?

We have plans for almost everything. Whether we are allowed them is another question entirely. We did *kinda* do a mini buff with Tendurrr having the quests for specific owners of Drudgen or Crag, etc While it is a little half attempted for a buff, this is the best we can do right now.

quote:

How does AFDL compare to VHL in terms of difficulty to acquire? And lets assume average luck.

AFDL is probably more annoying because that honestly relies if you are feeling lucky. with VHL, it is a steady process.

quote:

How do you feel about the normalization of both Nulgath and the Legion?

I won't say its not there but we're two people trying our best to keep it as rewarding as possible.
quote:

Please dont argue for the Legion being its offset, because that's paid entry along with a "test".

I agree and disagree. The legion can't hold up to the Nation in terms of farm, its just the difference in difficulty is hilarious. But the Legion is also a shortcut in a way. Most if not all is an exclusive paid area for a quick and easy edgy look without time involvement.
Nation is kinda different, most things require a little effort.

< Message edited by Asuka -- 7/25/2017 21:01:02 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/25/2017 18:50:15   
Aura Knight

I've been curious about this for some time and if it's already been asked sorry for a repeat. Of the many Nulgath quests you made, are there any you'd personally hate to have to do? Do the creators hate their creations? If there are some, maybe there can be a reason to make adjustments.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
7/25/2017 18:58:59   
Asuka

Nooo, I love all my babies (except AFDL, but don't tell him. I told him he was the favorite.)

< Message edited by Asuka -- 7/25/2017 18:59:18 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/25/2017 20:37:39   
tyler6111

Will the Nulgath Challenge pet ever be buffed
Post #: 20
7/25/2017 20:52:23   
Asuka

Maybe one day. Maybe not. Only time will tell.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/25/2017 22:47:08   
goldslayer1

quote:

quote:

One thing that would be nice to have is a single item that lets you move through Tercess without the use of the 8 or could be 9 or more items needed to do that. Could such a thing be made or will nulgath always be what puts a huge strain on players' inventories? Even with the ac tag on items it was still a challenge to hold on to all things.

How about in the form of an amulet?
I know the ENNH portal suggestion might be too complicated, but maybe its possible to have an amulet that unlocks everything, and could be part of the house quests.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/25/2017 23:32:34   
you stop

is it too much to ask to add The Assistant quest to ENNH?
AQW  Post #: 23
7/25/2017 23:51:49   
Asuka

quote:

I know the ENNH portal suggestion might be too complicated, but maybe its possible to have an amulet that unlocks everything, and could be part of the house quests.

We would not limit it to something like that. It would be accessible by most, not tied to an end game reward. Like I said, we're experimenting different things.

quote:

is it too much to ask to add The Assistant quest to ENNH?

Probably can't do that, sorry.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/26/2017 1:54:15   
DoomLord8989

Hey Asuka/Tendou,

I was wondering if you'd be able add some means of which would allow those with the AC tagged, Gen 1 void breeds (not the ones which required Totems) to re-obtain the Void of Nulgath (Rare).

With the buyback feature being implemented and all, we should theoretically be able to purchase back the armor in question, which was used to turn-in/create the Blood/Fiend/Hex/Shadow of Nulgath (Rare). However, it's obvious that such a function wasn't existent back in 2010. Unlike AC, non-misc items which were bought and sold, those items which were not bought and deleted and/or used in a quest before October 2010, like Void of Nul., are essentially unlogged, and thus do not show up in the buyback shop.

I'm aware that the Shadow Orb has quests which allows us to convert between Void of Nulgath and the breeds. Unfortunately, that's an owner-only pet, with presumably a good number of Blood/Fiend/Hex/Shadow (Rare) owners having obtained their respective armour(s) from the orbs when everyone was able to access them.

BLoD owners were compensated with the new shop in the Book of Lore, after those who used the non AC-tagged BLoD to complete "Build Drakath's Armor" were evidently unable to purchase the item from the buyback shop, after it got tagged. Understandably, the circumstances aren't exactly the same, but could something along the lines of this be done for the above as well?

< Message edited by DoomLord8989 -- 7/26/2017 1:59:42 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition