Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2017 2:06:33   
Rancore AQW

@Ricky, Meta
Thank you both ^_^
Post #: 51
7/28/2017 2:22:55   
Loftyz

Asuka, is Receipt of Nulgath reasonable enough to farm? I'm not aware of really anyone who's gotten it from the 'Receipt of Nulgath' quest.
AQW  Post #: 52
7/28/2017 2:33:26   
Silver Sky Magician

Well if most people think Receipt of Nulgath isn't worth it then the solution is clearly to make the farming requirements more reasonable make it a required item for the next hardcore farming set
Epic  Post #: 53
7/28/2017 6:45:20   
you stop

quote:

I spent over 45 million gold to get Uni 23

lmao alright. already at 24.1m gold. let's see if i break your record lol. tho if anything, it's quite annoying how it only drops from The Assistant
AQW  Post #: 54
7/29/2017 2:44:12   
Rastaban

NNH and ENNH are not AC tagged.

...What?
Post #: 55
7/29/2017 4:01:27   
fxmybrute13

The only benefit that a house item being AC-tagged, is that if you sell it, it'll appear in your buyback shop. And then only if its bought and not obtained as a drop. You can't store house items in your bank, so not having NNH and ENNH be AC-tagged isn't really a big issue.
DF AQW  Post #: 56
7/29/2017 6:34:07   
megakyle777

Question: what are your limits when it comes to making items hard to farm? You joke a lot about how we'd all kill you, but where would you and Tendou draw the lines if you had free reign and did not have to worry about consequences/us murdering you?

Also, Nulgath Reagent Exchange when?
DF  Post #: 57
7/29/2017 9:17:04   
XeNON_54

There's already Tainted Deal where you can exchange Tainted Gems for Dark Crystal Shards.
I think an inverse where you trade DCSs for TGs would be pretty good as well.
Post #: 58
7/29/2017 11:48:13   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

Asuka, is Receipt of Nulgath reasonable enough to farm? I'm not aware of really anyone who's gotten it from the 'Receipt of Nulgath' quest.

Depends what you find reasonable. I mean its one of those things, ya know.

quote:

what are your limits when it comes to making items hard to farm? You joke a lot about how we'd all kill you, but where would you and Tendou draw the lines if you had free reign and did not have to worry about consequences/us murdering you?

TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE,here is a conversation Ten and I had once (A is me, T is Tendou)
A: You know we have gems right
T: Yes
A: What if we use an existing gem everyone hates
T: ??
A: Two words. Power Gems.
T: ...Don't those take like a week to get one?
A: Yes
T: ....The players AND the staff will kill us. Pls. But sure, lets go for it
We were not allowed.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
7/29/2017 11:50:36   
The ErosionSeeker

As long as it isn't for a random drop thing, that shouldn't even matter.
People survived doing VHL for 2 weeks just fine.
DF AQW  Post #: 60
7/29/2017 15:36:31   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Who in the world could possibly have given you the crazy notion that Power Gems would be a good thing to use

Though I do think it's good to point out that last bit there:
quote:

We were not allowed.
Remember that they can plot and scheme and come up with ways to torture us with farming all they want, but they ultimately do have to get it approved.
AQ AQW  Post #: 61
7/29/2017 22:22:40   
megakyle777

quote:

TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE,here is a conversation Ten and I had once (A is me, T is Tendou)
A: You know we have gems right
T: Yes
A: What if we use an existing gem everyone hates
T: ??
A: Two words. Power Gems.
T: ...Don't those take like a week to get one?
A: Yes
T: ....The players AND the staff will kill us. Pls. But sure, lets go for it
We were not allowed.

So... what you are saying is the only limits you set yourselves in your evil is how likely we are to lynch you for it and if you can get it approved? Is there no point where you would go "Ok, look even I think this is too evil to farm?"
DF  Post #: 62
7/29/2017 22:54:54   
ShatteredReality

Have you guys thought of using items that can only be obtained only once (such as from one time only quests)? That way if players delete the item, they'll never be able to get them back.
AQW  Post #: 63
7/29/2017 23:02:57   
Jams Loyal Subject

Just gunna repost this since I didn't get a response the first time

quote:

Just checked Dirtlicker's shop to confirm and it still only has the Evolved Blood, Hex and Shadow Orbs so if something was added it definitely wasn't there.

The only thing I could think of that sort of matches the description is the Void Paladin set, but even that was released over a year later to a different NPC and requiring different resources.

Other pets with quests released since then such as buffed Tendurrrr and Gem of Nul have all been legend only farming pets rather than free player with item rewards.

Unless there's some super secret item I'm missing?

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
7/30/2017 0:34:08   
Foulman

@Jams Loyal Subject
No secret items at all.

@Asuka
Why are the drop rates for "Only the Strong Survive Today" so different? I'm getting like 30/3 medals every time I get 5 Legion helms. Also, I keep disconnecting in the middle, which means that I lose all of my temporary items. This is really triggering, especially because Legion Helms have a pretty low drop rate.

< Message edited by Foulman -- 7/30/2017 1:12:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
7/30/2017 1:35:16   
Aura Knight

You already mentioned the consideration of using power gems being shot down, and that got me thinking. What was the most frustrating quest you considered making to get an item? I'd probably say the quest for the roentgenium was the most evil when it first came out. Back when only four were needed but the drop rate was 5% instead of guaranteed. Anything worse than that planned or going to happen? Please say no. Such a thing might be inhumane.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 66
7/30/2017 20:51:51   
Asuka

quote:

So... what you are saying is the only limits you set yourselves in your evil is how likely we are to lynch you for it and if you can get it approved? Is there no point where you would go "Ok, look even I think this is too evil to farm?"

Yep! You guys aren't the only ones we gave headaches to :]

quote:

Just gunna repost this since I didn't get a response the first time

Don't quote me on this because I'm only 75% sure but I think it ultimately became the Gem of Nulgath pet
I'll have to look at my records because I know we did something for it

quote:

Why are the drop rates for "Only the Strong Survive Today" so different?

That was during the war. I was only staff on oversoul at the time I believe. Did not make any quests.

quote:

You already mentioned the consideration of using power gems being shot down, and that got me thinking. What was the most frustrating quest you considered making to get an item? I'd probably say the quest for the roentgenium was the most evil when it first came out. Back when only four were needed but the drop rate was 5% instead of guaranteed. Anything worse than that planned or going to happen? Please say no. Such a thing might be inhumane.

Yes. Oh please, Roens being 5% was an outburst of me being annoyed with people. There has beeen MUCH MUCH worse in terms of design
Dont worry. Even we know what wont fly and what will.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
7/30/2017 21:46:30   
Iron Volvametal

quote:

Don't quote me on this because I'm only 75% sure but I think it ultimately became the Gem of Nulgath pet
I'll have to look at my records because I know we did something for it
AQW  Post #: 68
7/31/2017 0:19:55   
megakyle777

quote:

That was during the war. I was only staff on oversoul at the time I believe. Did not make any quests.

Quick question on that actualy I've been meaning to ask for a while: assuming some strage elderich stars allign and OS gets considered to have a update at some point, are you still technically testing staff on that game? And what sort of bribe do I have to give you for us to get some game updates to that game? I'm fully willing to back your absolute worst farming idea and not lynch you for it if that works as a bribe.
DF  Post #: 69
7/31/2017 5:15:06   
Ziorac

quote:

Have you guys thought of using items that can only be obtained only once (such as from one time only quests)? That way if players delete the item, they'll never be able to get them back.
Please don't ever ever do this. If you do the quest, don't know the value of the item and delete it only to find it was useful for something later on, it'd be a huge let down. I don't want to live in a world where I have to hold on to every single item 'just in case'.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
7/31/2017 5:28:01   
Asuka

quote:

Quick question on that actualy I've been meaning to ask for a while: assuming some strage elderich stars allign and OS gets considered to have a update at some point, are you still technically testing staff on that game? And what sort of bribe do I have to give you for us to get some game updates to that game? I'm fully willing to back your absolute worst farming idea and not lynch you for it if that works as a bribe.

Yes, I am still staff technically on OS. Also I take double stuffed oreos thank you.

quote:

Please don't ever ever do this. If you do the quest, don't know the value of the item and delete it only to find it was useful for something later on, it'd be a huge let down. I don't want to live in a world where I have to hold on to every single item 'just in case'.

Eheh...Early concept of Void Paladin had this because a staff suggested it to me...
What they didnt tell me it was also a needed component for ArchPaladin you can only get once anyways.
Took it out immediately. Dont worry I wont be ever doing that
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
7/31/2017 7:48:35   
megakyle777

quote:

Yes, I am still staff technically on OS. Also I take double stuffed oreos thank you.

TO THE OVERSOUL FORUMS TO GET EVERYONE TO GIVE ASUKA DOUBLE STUFFED OREOS! I alas can't get any double stuffed oreos due to not having a lot of money and living in another country. Will you settle for me backing your next insane farming idea no matter how insane it is?

Oh right and a more serious AQW question: Have you ever thought about a Nulgath Exchange Rate type thing where you can exchange one type or reagent for another and if so are you/the staff open to it? What would the issues with it be? I have a ton of, say, feind tokens or Blood Gems or DCS I rarely use and to be ablt to trade some of those to get some diamonds or Gems Or Roetengiums would be nice.
DF  Post #: 72
7/31/2017 9:52:03   
Ĉon
The Darklight Hero

Who is Aelita and why'd you steal their emerald?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
7/31/2017 10:26:05   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Aelita is (was? Dunno if they're still active) one of the testers. And, a model! Though why Asuka stole their emerald I cannot know.

quote:

Have you ever thought about a Nulgath Exchange Rate type thing where you can exchange one type or reagent for another and if so are you/the staff open to it? What would the issues with it be?
I am not Asuka (obviously) but there are a number of issues that can come up pretty easily. First and biggest, I'd say, is that there's really no clear equivalencies between all the quests and merges. Requirements have changed over time and with easier farming methods being available, it can totally throw off the effective value of an item. They'd then probably have to keep in mind exchange rates for any future thing requiring Nulgath reagents, and it may end up guiding their creation process more than it should.

IIRC, The ErosionSeeker began a project trying to determine the equivalencies/exchange rates of things, until realizing what a massive undertaking it would be (if it wasn't TES, sorry! Lemme know!). So if someone were willing to spend a number of weeks working out the exchange rates for everything, it may help them determine a system, but I doubt they've got the time to do it on their own. My best guess, though, is that we'll just have the exchange system that is already in-game, via the quests. Maybe those will get tweaked a bit, or maybe a few new ones will get added, but I wouldn't count on it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 74
7/31/2017 10:36:15   
XeNON_54

The only trade quest is A Tainted Deal though.
It's technically 10TGs to 1DCS but the quest uses 50TGs so it gives out 5DCSs.
But there's no reversal so it's a one-sided exchange.

I guess there's Void Destroyer Diamond too but it's too random to be considered a legit exchange quest.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition