Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2017 10:51:17   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I think we probably have a different definition of what constitutes and exchange quest. To me, it's pretty much any quest that's using Nulgath reagents to obtain different Nulgath reagents. So, for example, on Crag and Bamboozle alone you've got:
-Diamond Exchange
-The Poisonous Deal
-The Refreshing Deal
-GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...
-Crag's Thirst

Granted, it's on a Legend-only 5k AC pet, as are some that are on Drudgen, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
AQ AQW  Post #: 76
7/31/2017 12:10:27   
The ErosionSeeker

quote:

IIRC, The ErosionSeeker began a project trying to determine the equivalencies/exchange rates of things, until realizing what a massive undertaking it would be (if it wasn't TES, sorry! Lemme know!). So if someone were willing to spend a number of weeks working out the exchange rates for everything, it may help them determine a system, but I doubt they've got the time to do it on their own. My best guess, though, is that we'll just have the exchange system that is already in-game, via the quests. Maybe those will get tweaked a bit, or maybe a few new ones will get added, but I wouldn't count on it.

I do remember starting something like this, but there is either only making a hierarchy of things, or some awful way involving cataloging every single quest's drop rates in order to come up with a baseline (3 diamonds = 1 contract = leery contract = ?x 100k gold = ?x blood cloaks = ?x The Assistant).
It's also kind of pointless, because it would involve both having every conversion method, and having every resource.
Example, 120 essence => 20 gem <= plague spear + tainted/purified claymore + 5x blood gem (5x tendurrr + 400x fragment of chaos + 40x broken betrayal blade) + 5x or 30x bag of dirt (5x total of wheel/assistant/larvae/etc since you get 25 from KTV).
Given the vast disparities between quest drop rates, as well as the weirdness of the Tendurrr quests, make it a flood of inane stats.
So far, barring Bamboozle's contract exchange, there is no quest offering a good exchange rate, so it hardly matters.

Also that post is probably gone because I was dumb and didn't save it, following which the forum probably purged the thread :^(

quote:

I guess there's Void Destroyer Diamond too but it's too random to be considered a legit exchange quest.

I've gotten the diamond in each of the 60+ times I've done that quest, if it's not 100% then it is an exceedingly high drop rate.
Also a fairly terrible deal, but an "exchange quest" none the less.

Will we ever get a weapon version of Sin of Revontheus? There is the rare pet and a Black Friday version, but no actual weapon. Maybe as a Juggernaut?
Any plans on other OS imports?

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 7/31/2017 12:12:09 >
DF AQW  Post #: 77
7/31/2017 13:17:14   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

I am not Asuka (obviously) but there are a number of issues that can come up pretty easily. First and biggest, I'd say, is that there's really no clear equivalencies between all the quests and merges. Requirements have changed over time and with easier farming methods being available, it can totally throw off the effective value of an item. They'd then probably have to keep in mind exchange rates for any future thing requiring Nulgath reagents, and it may end up guiding their creation process more than it should.

Hi Asuka, I'm dad. What you said though is spot on. IOt would reguarly need updating and man hours to keep it updated and it would be a headache for us on a lot of issues.

quote:

Who is Aelita and why'd you steal their emerald?

Aelita is someone you see i *gets dragged away by unknown forces, unable to speak more about who Aelita is* I uhh...I like gems.

quote:

Will we ever get a weapon version of Sin of Revontheus? There is the rare pet and a Black Friday version, but no actual weapon. Maybe as a Juggernaut?
Any plans on other OS imports?

HUH. Neat. I always thought there was a weaponized version. Hmm, maybe.
and yes, I always have plans about bringing things over from OS
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 78
7/31/2017 13:24:37   
Ashes Of Miltonius

What do you guys think about releasing more standalone Nulgath items? For example,

Skull Of Nulgath
Vestige Of Nulgath
SoulSkewer of Nulgath
Sinister Leech Blade of Nulgath

I think you get the point. These items don't have a specific set, which really sets them apart from normal Nulgath items. I, personally, really enjoy making Nulgath sets with these standalone items. Thanks for reading .
AQW  Post #: 79
7/31/2017 13:31:07   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Who is Aelita and why'd you steal their emerald?
quote:

Aelita is someone you see i *gets dragged away by unknown forces, unable to speak more about who Aelita is* I uhh...I like gems.

so reference to
code lyoko[/link], queen of mars or this test account?

One of the links remove. Please becareful when linking wiki pages with discussion. Some of the discussion was not forum rated friendly and had to be removed ~Kiyone.

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/3/2017 22:33:54 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
7/31/2017 14:44:55   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

All of the gemstones are named after staff, so as I said before, it's the tester Aelita.
AQ AQW  Post #: 81
8/1/2017 0:58:45   
fxmybrute13

@TheErosionSeeker : Weaponized version of Sin of Revontheus? They answered.
Axe and Sword versions do exist now....
DF AQW  Post #: 82
8/1/2017 3:01:20   
Asuka

I did not see that coming, i swear
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 83
8/1/2017 3:08:17   
Aura Knight

I'm surprised there hasn't been an actual weapon version of the sin of revontheus till now and I hope a few people being given a variant doesn't mean no one else can ever get it. Seems like a weapon that's worthy of a reasonable farm. Maybe an addition to the Juggernaut quest? I already see the weapon flying around when using VHL so why can't we have it as an actual weapon?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
8/1/2017 6:09:39   
XeNON_54

quote:

Granted, it's on a Legend-only 5k AC pet, as are some that are on Drudgen, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

That's PRECISELY why I didn't mention those quests though.
While I agree with you on the definition of an exchange quest I also believe it should be available to ALL Players and not locked behind a pay-wall.
Post #: 85
8/1/2017 9:04:14   
Foulman

Speaking of OS items being ported over, we already have the Naakhir set, the Duality of Nulgath and the Gravelyn Defender. I'd really like to see Fiend of Vergill and Witchblade added in.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
8/1/2017 10:18:25   
Cinimo D

quote:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an actual weapon version of the sin of revontheus till now and I hope a few people being given a variant doesn't mean no one else can ever get it. Seems like a weapon that's worthy of a reasonable farm. Maybe an addition to the Juggernaut quest? I already see the weapon flying around when using VHL so why can't we have it as an actual weapon?

There is an actual weapon version of Sin of Revontheus, but it is being used as a personal for Sync I believe.
I've asked for it before, trust me. But, since it is used as a personal, I don't think we'll be getting it anytime soon unless they surprise us.

< Message edited by Cinimo D -- 8/1/2017 10:22:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
8/1/2017 11:02:09   
you stop

there's this if anything, though it's rare
AQW  Post #: 88
8/1/2017 11:31:12   
Asuka

I'll see what I can do, no worries
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
8/3/2017 4:57:54   
ryujii05

Do you think it is possible to change either The Poisonous Deal or The Refreshing Deal from Crag & Bamboozle to give Blood Gem of the Archfiend as a reward and Gem of Nulgath or Totem of Nulgath or both as a requirement to turn in the quest?:) I'm not sure if it will be considered balance though...
AQW  Post #: 90
8/3/2017 5:58:32   
Christophoses
AQW Release Tester & Lore Connoisseur

Who is Skew? Where does he come from?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 91
8/3/2017 15:44:58   
Asuka

He's..a thing.
Have we touched up on skew yet? We should one day do that if we haven't.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 92
8/3/2017 15:55:32   
Metakirby

The most I know about Skew is that he likes hanging out in the Void with Drickens. Maybe he got tired of whatever the Nulgath zone is classified as (a cave system, the void realm, maybe both? I honestly don't know).
AQW  Post #: 93
8/4/2017 0:40:43   
Dnightlord

Hiya this is only tangentially related to Nulgath via Polish. Polish is listed as a "Servant of the Divinity" and I've always wondered what kind of group/organization had combated Nulgath in the past, given that Polish worries that since Nulgy has been operating low key he must be about to set some plans in motion. To me this implies Nulgath must have warred with Polish's group at some point or at least did something notable enough that they are aware of his existence, either eventually resulting in Polish being sent to spy on the Archfiend. Of other note is the fact that even as a seemingly minor being, Polish has the ability to purify some key Nulgath items (although they are far more basic compared the level of evil Nulgath can imbue them with), and even states that with time he can enchant more, not to mention the old Purified Claymore description full on implies that he could cleanse the blade in its entirety as opposed to merely enchanting it.

Further just game wise I was hoping expansion on where/who exactly Polish serves could lead into a Good themed faction on par with that of the Legion and the Nation. For quite some time now I've found myself begrudging the fact that the strongest/highest difficulty to farm class, Void Highlord, has no Good equivalent, and that Good has far fewer equivalents to other late game farm items: We have the Blinding Light of Destiny to Sepulchure's armor, but Evil also has the Necrotic blade. When it comes to Undead Good boosts, what we've got are Knight of Light +5, Blinding Light of Destiny's 51%, and Light Orb cape's 5%, and the Archpaladin class innate boost, whereas if you want to make a boost set for human dmg Evil straight makes bank, Necrotic, Sepulchure, Shadowfiend Cloak, and if you manged to get the rare Doom Lord Seppy helm, thats 140% dmg boost against humans (130% if using Doomlords War mask), not to mention the numerous late game evil classes from Void Highlord to Legion Doomknight. To achieve the same kind of boosts or even just late game good items I'd happily go about collecting more undead energy/bright auras, random powerful good items like Resoluto, Ascended Paladin, the Hero Blade, Bright Knight, Sword of Hope, King Alteon's armor, Valden/Lynaria's armor, etc. alongside similarly numerous random Nulgath, Legion, and crazy Evil weapons/armors/helms to turn in and see them be purified to become new Good themed version or entirely new items (after all we know all it takes is a being with Dage level powers to do so given that Dage the Good was able to create the Paragon of Light by purifying Legion Paragons, how cool would it be to meet a being/group on Nulgy levels do the same?).

But really it all comes down to whether you guys have any plans to make late-game undead boost items to match the Evil side's human boosts, and whether we'll ever see further stuff outta Polish and the Divinity, or is that kind of happy go lucky hope something either on the outer edges of potential ideas to implement or just far down the line of priorities?
Post #: 94
8/4/2017 5:54:15   
fxmybrute13

When's the next planned change for the Random Weapon of Nulgath?
DF AQW  Post #: 95
8/4/2017 22:08:18   
Asuka

You sound like someone I know, Lord
As for when/if we can do that..I dont make the gear. Ultimately what happens, something is baited in front of me, I get the assignment for it and Ten and I decide how to make the grind for it. We aren't artists, sadly. We are just two quest designing peeps

dunno. I thought we had something for it. Maybe not.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 96
8/4/2017 22:29:56   
The ErosionSeeker

So when can we expect that 500 Cubes = 20+ Tainted Gems quest?
Cube Reagent is doing just that 20 times, but that's an additional layer of tedious clicking.

Imagine if there was no ENNH shortcut and you couldn't goto people in the Tercess room. People would still suck it up and click through the caves if there was no other way, but that's an unnecessary extra step.
DF AQW  Post #: 97
8/5/2017 10:36:43   
ShadowMoon

i personally want the Elder's Blood & Gem of Domination stack rate increased. i elder's blood up to 15 & Gems of Domination up to 3 or 4
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
8/5/2017 16:10:17   
Asuka

quote:

So when can we expect that 500 Cubes = 20+ Tainted Gems quest?
Cube Reagent is doing just that 20 times, but that's an additional layer of tedious clicking.

Dunno. Would have to talk it over with Ten and see his take. I kinda like it how it is though

quote:

elder's blood up to 15

We actually talked about this one. We decided against it.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 99
8/7/2017 4:02:52   
Foulman

RNG is too troll. I took 160 tries to get a single Uni 13 and both Vouchers, and now I get max stacks of each in 4 turn ins.
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition