Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2017 11:14:52   
Grawlix

Ok so I got my first few turn ins of Void Spartan but RNG is disappoint so I'll just get the armor version of VHL. What's the best way to get non-mem Voucher of Nul and how long did it take you guys? Also same question but with Tainted Gems, Gems of Nul, and Diamonds? (I'm currently doing Gem Exchange, Larvae, and 0Nly Da Stronk Surviev Tod A for both respectively)

< Message edited by Grawlix -- 8/28/2017 11:31:59 >
AQW  Post #: 151
8/28/2017 11:24:45   
Metakirby

Well, Vouchers are highly variable, might take you a couple turn ins, might take you days, weeks, months.

Assuming you only have access to normal means, I would suggest doing Larvae and selling any member vouchers you get, this will also get you a couple other resources in the meantime. Once you reach the gold cap, just use up all your gold on Assistant (and again, selling any member vouchers you get) and once you run out of gold, go back to Larvae and repeat the process.
It's only a matter of RNG rolling in your favor from that point on.

For Tainted Gems, you should do Cube Reagent, it's more consistent and even when Gem Exchange gives you a good rate of TGs, Cube Reagent will still be better in the long run.

Only he Strong Survive Today is currently the best non mem method of farming Diamonds, so you got that one right.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 8/28/2017 11:26:37 >
AQW  Post #: 152
8/28/2017 11:30:02   
Grawlix

I edited my post a bit after you replied, but can you explain why Cube Reagent is better? (I have the Betrayal Blade with the quest in my inventory which is still only 30 spaces so I keep going back and forth to the bank)

Removed quote. Please do not quote the full post directly above yours as it is considered spam. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 8/31/2017 11:13:36 >
AQW  Post #: 153
8/28/2017 11:41:46   
Metakirby

Gem Exchange takes anywhere from 45 seconds to well over a minute per turn in and the droprate is ~33%, I believe, based on what other people have said.

Cube reagent takes about a minute per turn in and is a guaranteed TG, so statistically, Cube Reagent is a better option. You can also stack cubes to 500, so you don't need to turn in every time you have the quest completed.

Larvae is really the only way for a non mem to get Gems, excluding special pets and a quest which requires a Non Mem Voucher to begin with, so just stick with Larvae for those.

If there's no way you can get a couple extra bagspaces to keep the 8th Betrayal Blade, then it may be worth considering Gem Exchange, only maybe though.
You can still /join brightfortress and use Evil Beleen to fast travel to Dage the Evil (or Dage the Good), open the merge shop and click on the hilt of the Revontheous the Good sword pet. It will require a little bit more back and forth than just having the 8th Blade in your inventory, but it can save you that 1 extra bagspace, if needed.

I can also see you have a couple items which you won't need while farming, like the 5k PvP medal and maybe banking Archpaladin and use Diamon for your farming needs.
AQW  Post #: 154
8/31/2017 2:16:19   
Foulman

You can also leech Cubes in Boxes, and all Makai drops in Miltonius' Secret. It's good to be lazy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 155
9/3/2017 13:54:50   
DiscipleOfDage

Should I farm for the nulgath nation house before trying to get AFDL items? I like how the enchanted nation house gives easy access to several crucial quests but it is a large grind.
Post #: 156
9/3/2017 14:21:32   
Metakirby

Getting the house first would make AFDL farming slightly less painful, so I would suggest doing it first, since AFDL pieces are currently only valuable if you:
a) Don't have CoA + a 15% dmg2all weapon, both which are fairly easy to get.
b) Want to combine one of the non weapon pieces with a racial boost like BLoD, Chaorrupter etc.
Once the rewrite happens, AFDL will gain a higher priority IMO, but who knows when that will happen.

ENNH giving you easy access to Larvae and Supplies saves you potentially a lot of time not needing to find a Drudgen every time you want to farm. You are going to do Supplies/Assistant A LOT when farming AFDL.

On a side note, 49 turn ins of Void Spartan, the armor still hasn't dropped.
What sacrifice do I have to make before the Void accepts me? Because 490 Gems, 735 Diamonds, 49 Contracts, 49 Red Jaspers and 24.5 million gold is apparently not enough.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 9/3/2017 14:51:33 >
AQW  Post #: 157
9/3/2017 14:23:34   
The ErosionSeeker

Looks like you forgot to sacrifice a goat, because here's my progress so far:

[1] Void Spartan
Void Spartan Daggers
Void Spartan Blade and Shield
[6] Void Spartan Spear
[6 8] Void Spartan Blade
[9] Void Spartan Banners
[3 8 9 10 11 13] Void Spartan Cape
[3 5 7 8 12 13] Void Spartan Shielded Cape
Void Spartan Spear and Shield
[1 3 4 7 8 9 10 12 13] Void Spartan Helm
[2 3 4 5 7 11 13] Void Spartan Helm and Scarf

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 9/3/2017 15:24:39 >
DF AQW  Post #: 158
9/4/2017 5:32:12   
Grawlix

Can anyone explain why Void Knight armor was 2k ACs?
AQW  Post #: 159
9/4/2017 7:30:20   
axell5

Because that's the price they thought about giving it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
9/4/2017 11:03:38   
The ErosionSeeker

[1] Void Spartan
[17] Void Spartan Daggers
[19] Void Spartan Blade and Shield
[6] Void Spartan Spear
[6 8] Void Spartan Blade
[9 15 17] Void Spartan Banners
[3 8 9 10 11 13 19 21] Void Spartan Cape
[3 5 7 8 12 13 14 19] Void Spartan Shielded Cape
Void Spartan Spear and Shield
[1 3 4 7 8 9 10 12 13 15 17 21] Void Spartan Helm
[2 3 4 5 7 11 13 15 16 17 20 21] Void Spartan Helm and Scarf

[18] blank

Blurrgh, gold stashes ran out, need to start getting more of that yellow alongside gems and the other stuff :^(
DF AQW  Post #: 161
9/4/2017 15:24:05   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Can anyone explain why Void Knight armor was 2k ACs?

Dark Caster started a tradition of 2000 AC armors and was very successful as a sort of exclusive armor with above-average prestige for a rare. New 2k AC Dark Caster armors have since come out almost every year, and certain Nulgath armors would be made 2k ACs to follow in that tradition, starting with BloodFiend of Nulgath in preparation for the war. Then during the war, DeathFiend of Nulgath would also be released as a rare 2000 AC armor. Void Knight of Nulgath also comes with the maximum 25% boost for both XP and class points. Most players who'd want this can access this through an Awe, Doomlord or Dark Sun Mage item but for those who can't that can be a nice little bonus too.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 162
9/4/2017 16:17:28   
Apeiron

@Grawlix: Unless a member of the staff explains it, we can only guess.
I think is because "tradition" (like The Finnish Phoenix said) and the name . Back in the day, having the void knight (now Void of Miltonius Nulgath) was kind of a big deal and so, just like dark caster, that name holds "prestige".
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 163
9/5/2017 1:34:05   
The ErosionSeeker

1x Void Spartan [1]
1x Void Spartan Daggers [17]
1x Void Spartan Blade and Shield [19]
1x Void Spartan Spear [6]
2x Void Spartan Blade [6 8]
4x Void Spartan Banners [9 15 17 23]
9x Void Spartan Cape [3 8 9 10 11 13 19 21 23]
8x Void Spartan Shielded Cape [3 5 7 8 12 13 14 19]
0x Void Spartan Spear and Shield []
13x Void Spartan Helm [1 3 4 7 8 9 10 12 13 15 17 21 25]
14x Void Spartan Helm and Scarf [2 3 4 5 7 11 13 15 16 17 20 21 24 25]

no drops [18 22]

Some more progress, and some more data points.
It's implied that Spear+Shield was 2% before being raised to match Armor, although whether that means Armor/Daggers/Spear/Blade/Blade+Shield/Spear+Shield are either 3% or 5% or 10%, remains unknown.
DF AQW  Post #: 164
9/5/2017 5:23:54   
flyingmongoose

What language/system are the runes on Nulgath items part of?

I obviously dont mean the obvious Greek ones. Those ones are super obvious.
I want to know what the flowery stuff is like on Black Blood Blade, Bane of Nulgath, Evolved Soul Ripper etc. unless that is Greek and I'm missing something.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/5/2017 5:40:07 >
AQW  Post #: 165
9/5/2017 5:31:31   
Grawlix

^ I compared the looks of the letters and I can confidently say that they're Greek.
AQW  Post #: 166
9/5/2017 11:24:46   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

There actually is an image floating around somewhere that's got all the runes and what their English letters are, but I have no idea where it is.

I would note though that the Wiki does have the translations of Nulgath items that have the runes, so you could just check that.
AQ AQW  Post #: 167
9/5/2017 11:38:33   
Grawlix

^ You're prolly not referring to me but I looked up the translations and the different Greek letters. The runes which translate to "Miltonius" start with a slightly stylized version of the Greek letter Mu which is M in english.
AQW  Post #: 168
9/5/2017 19:38:52   
The ErosionSeeker

2x Void Spartan [1 28]
1x Void Spartan Daggers [17]
1x Void Spartan Blade and Shield [19]
2x Void Spartan Spear [6 28]
2x Void Spartan Blade [6 8]
6x Void Spartan Banners [9 15 17 23 26 27]
9x Void Spartan Cape [3 8 9 10 11 13 19 21 23]
9x Void Spartan Shielded Cape [3 5 7 8 12 13 14 19]
1x Void Spartan Spear and Shield [29]
15x Void Spartan Helm [1 3 4 7 8 9 10 12 13 15 17 21 25 27 28]
14x Void Spartan Helm and Scarf [2 3 4 5 7 11 13 15 16 17 20 21 24 25]

no drops [18 22]

Spearshield came last at 29 turn-ins, which was headed by a second Armor & Spear drop on the 28th.
As always, these numbers are biased by way of me stopping now that I've got all the items, however every turn-in I did do was with all items banked to see just when they would drop.
DF AQW  Post #: 169
9/5/2017 21:50:14   
The Finnish Phoenix

After 197 turn-ins this year, the Unidentified Gemstone of Nulgath has finally dropped!

It does exist after all!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 170
9/5/2017 22:41:56   
Tris
Canis lupus dingo

I come bearing gifts!

...Not really, but since I do need it from time to time for the wiki, I can definitely share the image with the rune alphabet translations here: Click!

Carry on with your Nulgath-farming. :]
DF AQW  Post #: 171
9/5/2017 23:47:51   
LouisCyphere

So Nulgath made his own alphabet?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
9/6/2017 0:13:37   
DiscipleOfDage

Seeing how there are several quests that need a ton of items to complete, with some of the items having their own headache of a quest that you need to complete, in which the rewards could be random, meaning you'd have to get all the items again to complete it, how do people stay motivated to farm for items like ENNH or AFDL items? Seems a bit too daunting to me.

Not to mention some drops are 1% or lower.

< Message edited by DiscipleOfDage -- 9/6/2017 0:22:11 >
Post #: 173
9/6/2017 1:01:26   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I think I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed the farm for AFDL, much more than the one I'm on right now for VHL. AFDL had enough variety to me that I never felt like I was bored with it. Sure, sometimes getting some of the drops was a bit of a grind, but most things seemed to drop often enough that it never felt like I was slogging through it. Granted, CVKS helped a ton with it, as did Crag and Bamboozle. But basically, you just have to set a goal and go for that each day. I liked to try to get a turn in of Willpower Extraction done every day or two, and I could usually meet that goal. But if you don't have as much time or resources, just try to get three or four things for the quest every day, and then soon enough you'll be turning in the quest. AFDL's rough because of the Uni 35 RNG but at this point in the game, you don't need the full set. Get both helms or one helm and the cape and you'll be fine. Try to combine things too: go for Uni 19 and King Klunk's Crown at the same time by doing The Assistant.

I also found it easier for me to only stack the things as much as I needed for the quest. So I wouldn't stack up a huge number of Chaoroots or Favors or anything beforehand, I'd just get as many as I needed for one turn-in and then go on to the next thing. It helps to keep you from getting burned out on farming the same thing over and over again.
AQ AQW  Post #: 174
9/6/2017 9:59:29   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I think I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed the farm for AFDL, much more than the one I'm on right now for VHL. AFDL had enough variety to me that I never felt like I was bored with it. Sure, sometimes getting some of the drops was a bit of a grind, but most things seemed to drop often enough that it never felt like I was slogging through it. Granted, CVKS helped a ton with it, as did Crag and Bamboozle. But basically, you just have to set a goal and go for that each day. I liked to try to get a turn in of Willpower Extraction done every day or two, and I could usually meet that goal. But if you don't have as much time or resources, just try to get three or four things for the quest every day, and then soon enough you'll be turning in the quest. AFDL's rough because of the Uni 35 RNG but at this point in the game, you don't need the full set. Get both helms or one helm and the cape and you'll be fine. Try to combine things too: go for Uni 19 and King Klunk's Crown at the same time by doing The Assistant.

I also found it easier for me to only stack the things as much as I needed for the quest. So I wouldn't stack up a huge number of Chaoroots or Favors or anything beforehand, I'd just get as many as I needed for one turn-in and then go on to the next thing. It helps to keep you from getting burned out on farming the same thing over and over again.

The only way I can rationalize where you're coming is that the VHL line only seems worse because it's the grind you're currently on and at the forefront of your mind, but it's by far the better line because you can actually make surefire progress towards your end goal rather than be entirely at the mercy of something beyond your control in the RNG. It's not without reason that you're in the minority and that the AFDL line is as hated as it is. Void Highlord's quest has virtually no RNG and the Archfiend Doomlord chain involves *a lot* throughout.

It's also not without reason that Unidentified 35 is widely considered the worst-handled quest item in the game's history, please don't encourage Asuka and/or Tendou to persist in such asinine quest development. "You don't have to go for AFDL" is not an argument for the AFDL farm being enjoyable or reasonable. AFDL is the item to get, the endgame item and the core of the set.

I'm very happy with how VHL was handled at pretty much all levels besides the initial release when Roentgenium was a percentage drop and thankfully that was fixed by being made a 100% drop with a greater required quantity.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition