Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/6/2017 11:16:25   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I think the distinction is that Void Highlord is definitely the easier of the two, but for me, AFDL was a lot more fun. None of the things that you need for VHL are really that hard. They've all got fairly easy ways to get them, so on their own they're fine. But it's the quantities that you need that make it super boring. Is it easy to get 100 TGs per Roent? Sure, you just need to get a huge number of Cubes and that's super easy to do. But it's also extremely boring to just sit there in /boxes and push a button for a while until you've gotten the Cubes. The Void Crystals are even worse. None of it's particularly difficult, but it's really monotonous. There's not a whole lot of avenue for switching things up either, as you can get most of the things within about 20 minutes. So that leaves you, pretty much every time, to grind out Approvals and Favors, Essences, Emblems, Gems, and Tainted Gems. No matter if you do those first or last, those are very likely going to be your choke points where things go slower and are really boring.

AFDL, on the other hand, requires items that are definitely more of a challenge to get, but requires them in much lower quantities on the whole. That means you can switch it up more easily and farm things in a different order if you want to, and it'll still flow pretty well. You're not spending a huge amount of time grinding the same easy thing over and over, so you're more engaged with getting the smaller quantities of slightly harder items. Now, Enough DOOM for an Archfiend is pretty bad, as it's both the last quest between you and the armour and it requires high quantities of pretty easy items, so it makes the grind excruciating. Yes, AFDL relies a lot more on RNG, and Uni 35 is a huge discouragement for a lot of people, but for me, the quest chain for AFDL on the whole is a lot more fun than VHL's.

The big takeaway is that personally, a quest chain that requires high quantities of easy-to-get items is less fun than one that requires a lower quantity of harder-to-get items. VHL's easier, AFDL's more fun.
AQ AQW  Post #: 176
9/6/2017 11:55:41   
The Finnish Phoenix

To each their own, but to me AFDL was the least fun of any grind I've done in my 9 years of playing this game.

The problem with the AFDL line is not that it's hard, but that its difficulty varies widely based on factors beyond players' control. Nowadays it could actually be a fair amount easier than VHL if Unidentified 35 drops within the first 4 attempts - especially now that Dragonfire of Nulgath is AC-tagged and can be bought back after being turned in (as someone who farmed over 150 Totems for over 50 Dragonfires using only Voucher Item: Totem of Nulgath the value of this can't be understated).

Enough DOOM for an Archfiend can easily be done within a day or two of obtaining Unidentified 35, the problem is Nulgath Demands Work and the indefinite amount of times needed to complete it. This could be rectified fairly easily by making Unidentified 35 also available through a merge shop for a certain number of Unidentified 34's or by merging the other Doomlord items.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 177
9/6/2017 12:13:54   
ShadowMoon

i'd like to have a different type of farming option for a uni 35, the rng for it is horrible and leads to a lot of wasted time and annoyance for those who don't get it with the first 4 tries.
rather then this rng nonsense they should have just done something like make it stack to 5 and have "Enough DOOM for an Archfiend" require 5 of them or make a quest for one that required you having Unidentified 13, Nulgath's Approval, Doomblade of Destruction, DoomLord's War Mask, ShadowFiend Cloak, & Locks of the DoomLord.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
9/6/2017 18:03:05   
The ErosionSeeker

0 for 9 on Corrupted Gem Blade, which is really even more of a painful item given how it's eating 40 DCS / 40 TG / 1 VNM. Really wish the booby prize for that quest could be changed, 1 Diamond isn't nearly as sought after as it was when that quest was first designed.
DF AQW  Post #: 179
9/7/2017 2:20:16   
Valtorous

Hello Forums, it's been a while. Life sucks :L

Let me start by saying I enjoy Nulgath Farming (except AFDL, for reasons...). I love the grind, the "deals" (ripoffs), and how many different reagents it has. Also, unlike Legion farming, Nulgath farming takes you all across Lore. I've farmed almost everything in Nulgath except the newly released Void Spartan.

Okay, so first is the "Kiss the Void" quest. I've farmed that quest over 100 times, probably more, and never got the x2 BGs. However when I did it on the testing servers, it dropped x2 BGs... So it's either bugged or horrendously low drop rate.

Secondly, if it is possible, could the "Gem of Nulgath" farm pet be reworked a bit to be more viable? It is already a feat to get the "Receipt of Nulgath" however the "Gem of Nulgath" is sub-par to normal farming means. I'm not saying to make it overpowered, but could it be tweaked to be on par with other farming methods? I understand that the "Gem of Nulgath" is an 'alternative' way to farm stuff. But it would be nice if it were better than it is now, as you need membership and a "Receipt of Nulgath" to access the pet.

Thirdly, is Drudgen being accessible from Nulgath's Shop a bug or intentional?

Fourth, I agree with the others on this thread, that there should be a singular item that allows you to move through Tercessuinotlim freely, without needing the other 6-8 items in inventory. You could even make it a 1% drop on a hardcore farming quest, it would still be great to have. It would free up inventory, which is a major problem for people who want to farm Nulgath.

Fifth, would it be possible to make house items of the Evolved Orbs, and Farming pets (Drudgen, Hanzo Orb, CVKS, Betrayal Blades), so that they can 'float' around the house and we can just access them from there? Like how that bank house item works? It would be really neat and would save further inventory space.

Sixth and final(I know huge wall of text), RNG. Yep, classic RNG, always screwing you over and creating salt for the oceans. So my opinion of this is that there needs to be a balance. Most in this thread and on the forums saw the fallout AFDL caused. The final goal was pretty much RNG-locked with players needing to complete a rather hard quest for most of the time nothing. Personally it was very frustrating (maybe that was your intention >.>). Now fast forward to the future and we have VHL. VHL is a very straightforward farm, with little to no RNG involved. It's just a complete mind-numbing grind. I believe that there should be a balance between RNG and grind. I know that RNG is a signature part of Nulgath farming, but it should not be be so overloaded in a quest chain as it was in AFDL.

To end off, I'd like to thank you, Asuka, for setting up this thread and allowing us players to express our opinions. It's very reassuring that our voices are heard and there is communication between the Developers and playerbase. Keep up with the great content, I thoroughly enjoy the farms, and thanks again. ;D

< Message edited by Valtorous -- 9/7/2017 2:27:45 >
AQW  Post #: 180
9/7/2017 4:10:12   
Metakirby

quote:

Okay, so first is the "Kiss the Void" quest. I've farmed that quest over 100 times, probably more, and never got the x2 BGs. However when I did it on the testing servers, it dropped x2 BGs... So it's either bugged or horrendously low drop rate.

It's a bug that's affecting every quest which has the same drop as a guaranteed drop and a "may receive at random" drop, for some reason, it stops the random drop from actually happening, maybe because the current servers cannot award 2 of the same drops in different prompts with 1 turn in, that's my guess.
Either AE figured out what was wrong, or the way the new server is built just makes it work naturally, in either case, turning in KTV on the testing servers is preferred, if possible. It does require ENNH since all screens of Tercess except the first one is inaccessible on testing servers.

quote:

Thirdly, is Drudgen being accessible from Nulgath's Shop a bug or intentional?

Wheter it's a bug or feature, a couple of other quests pets can be accessed via shop and inventory previews like Larvae, 8th Betrayal Blade (but only 8th for some reason) and the Revontheous the Good Pet from Brightfortress merge. I think it should stay, having to hunt down a Drudgen just to turn in Essences into Gems/Totems would be a nightmare. Not to mention Assistant. It does still require the full Nulgath traversal set to get to it anyways.

quote:

Fourth, I agree with the others on this thread, that there should be a singular item that allows you to move through Tercessuinotlim freely, without needing the other 6-8 items in inventory.

It would definitely make Nulgath farming more accessible for anyone who doesn't buy loads of inventory spaces. Even as someone who has 95 spaces currently, those 7 items needed to get to Nulgath can cause some inventory issues when coupled with general resource gathering, but it's also a little annoying when you have you bank/unbank them multiple times. Maybe I'm just too much of a hoarder of non AC items, who knows.
I vote yes for a Tercess all access pass, even if it's locked behind quite long farming process.

quote:

Fifth, would it be possible to make house items of the Evolved Orbs, and Farming pets (Drudgen, Hanzo Orb, CVKS, Betrayal Blades), so that they can 'float' around the house and we can just access them from there? Like how that bank house item works? It would be really neat and would save further inventory space.

I feel like having a house item like that would be kinda pointless, you would save a single bagspace, but in return, you would need to travel to your house every time you want to turn in, that's pretty inefficient. I would take that instant access in return for 1 used up inventory space almost any day. You already have Larvae, KTV, some Blade quests and Supplies with ENNH, so you already have a mixed bag of goodies from that.
AQW  Post #: 181
9/7/2017 6:52:42   
Valtorous

Well I got my ENNH house equipped so I use it quite a lot. It would be nice to have s room full of farming pets that you can sort through as many Nulgath farming quests interact with each other, or become more efficient.

But I do see your point.
AQW  Post #: 182
9/7/2017 11:31:55   
The Finnish Phoenix

Interestingly, it is possible to get the x2 Blood Gem drop from Kiss the Void on the Testing Server and it occurs fairly regularly (I'd say 30-50% of the time).

quote:

Secondly, if it is possible, could the "Gem of Nulgath" farm pet be reworked a bit to be more viable? It is already a feat to get the "Receipt of Nulgath" however the "Gem of Nulgath" is sub-par to normal farming means. I'm not saying to make it overpowered, but could it be tweaked to be on par with other farming methods? I understand that the "Gem of Nulgath" is an 'alternative' way to farm stuff. But it would be nice if it were better than it is now, as you need membership and a "Receipt of Nulgath" to access the pet.

This I wholeheartedly agree with.

Unidentified Gemstone of Nulgath was harder for me to acquire than 2 Nulgath Nation Houses.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 9/7/2017 11:40:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 183
9/8/2017 14:02:27   
Metakirby

Almost 2 entire weeks of farming, 70 turn ins, averaging ~5 turn ins (75 Diamonds, 50 Gems, 5 Red stone things, 5 Uni 13 and 2.5 million gold) per day and yet I still lack the armor, somehow. I must be one of the unluckiest people when it comes to the armor, I guess that's some sort of an accomplishment. If it was a 1% drop, I could understand it, but from the rate of which people seem to acquire it, that doesn't seem too likely and 1% from a quest which already takes about an hour to complete is just evil.
I'm getting to the point where I question wheter or not it's even worth it, it's just so disencouraging to turn in 30+ times with the sole purpose of getting the armor, but never getting it.

It's not as bad as Uni 35, the quest itself is not affected too much by RNG, CVKS caps out my Uni 13s in 10-20 turn ins, on average, Diamonds can be acquired at a rate of about 1 per minute with Evilwarnul + I get some from CVKS and some Gems too from time to time. The Jasper rarely takes more than 10 minutes for me and gold is not a problem. The problem is that I have spent way more resources and time than I feel is necessary to obtain a "lesser" Nulgath item.
AQW  Post #: 184
9/8/2017 14:37:03   
The ErosionSeeker

quote:

1% from a quest which already takes about an hour to complete is just evil.

I just want a fair-ish quest that grants a bundle of DCSes, and maybe eats Blood Gems.
:^(
DF AQW  Post #: 185
9/8/2017 20:12:54   
Arcane Energy

From the quest Drudgen, the Salesman is Corrupted Gem Blade a 1% drop. Entirely would that make the probability of getting Corrupted Gem Blade .01% because the quest requires a 1% drop and the reward is a 1% drop, riggggghhhhht??

Think I might have a new daily or weekly farm :)

< Message edited by Arcane Energy -- 9/8/2017 20:15:46 >
Post #: 186
9/8/2017 20:17:12   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I don't think that's really how it works. If it was a 1% drop from the quest, then your probability of it would be 1%. The drop rates of the quest items themselves don't matter since they're not what's determining the chance for it to drop. Or, if you like to think of it in more binary terms, the drop rate is 50%
AQ AQW  Post #: 187
9/8/2017 20:26:50   
Arcane Energy

Yeah I get that, I think you're talking about just turning it in, the quest requirements as a whole are separate from the quest. That's the way you're looking at it, right? I'm talking about the whole quest overall not just when you turn but also the requirements. Like think of having 100 doors in front of you and behind one of those doors is a voucher non-mem which opens 100 more doors (Corrupted Gem Blade). The chances of you picking the right door are 1% but once you pick the right door now there are 100 more doors then you get your reward(Corrupted Gem Blade) so 1%*1%=.01%. Thats how i see it am I wrong?
Post #: 188
9/8/2017 20:28:44   
The ErosionSeeker

CGB probably isn't actually a 1% drop, but I would be surprised if it was more than 10%.
DF AQW  Post #: 189
9/8/2017 22:43:19   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah according to fxmybrute it's around 5%. I'm on 12 fails so far myself.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 190
9/9/2017 11:37:50   
Arcane Energy

Successfully acquired the weapon on the 7th turn in very underwhelmed but also very happy. Now time to restack :)
Also, anyone noticing that VHL is dealing less damage on regular servers?
Post #: 191
9/9/2017 12:44:21   
The Finnish Phoenix

Congrats Arcane. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 192
9/9/2017 14:32:50   
flyingmongoose

@Arcane
Ive been seeing the same problem since Thursday night.
It happens to me If I change classes/classes/weapons too fast (with or without the wait message) and once when I rested.
AQW  Post #: 193
9/9/2017 15:01:33   
Arcane Energy

Maybe that's why but it feels like it just got nerfed. Even when I relog the damage is low.
Post #: 194
9/9/2017 16:19:13   
Peterbob

Hello I need help farming all 100 Blood Gems today for the Nulgath Nation House. The help would be great, thnx community!!! [Server:Artix] [Username:Peterbob]
AQW  Post #: 195
9/9/2017 17:29:18   
the warden

peterbob: you wont be able to get all of those in one day
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 196
9/10/2017 12:34:58   
The Finnish Phoenix

Using a fixed damage weapon Void Highlord's damage remains the same for me on regular servers.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 197
9/17/2017 15:14:07   
Metakirby

So I just took some time to read through the description of Leery Contract and it says:
"and the extra gold doesn't hurt does it? (Unless you have over a million gold, then you don't get the gold)"
Was the gold cap really only 1 million? It must have been in the very early days, because the first gold cap I remember was 2 or 3 million, it was at least the first time I found out there was actually a gold cap.
AQW  Post #: 198
9/17/2017 15:18:23   
ShatteredReality

So, I'm farming for AFDL right now. I know what quests I have to do and what items I need, but are there any special tips anyone has? It's a bit tedious.
AQW  Post #: 199
9/17/2017 15:38:50   
Valtorous

1. If you do not have Crag&Bam, farm Uni 19 and Chaosroots together by farming Escherion for Drudgen 'Spin the Wheel'. Keep Uni 26 and non-member vouchers/mem voucher if they drop.

2. Use your overflow of gold for fast 'Assistant' turn ins at /evilwarnul to farm for Uni 19, uni 26, non-member vouchers/mem vouchers and Klunk's Crown. In the room where the 2 lycan are. You will also get a lot of Favors/Approvals from here.

3. To save bag space turn in 'Kindness of Nulgath' first. Keep "SightBlinder Axe of Nulgath" in inventory when you do this quest for 100% FaceBreaker drop.

4. Since DragonFire of Nulgath can still be bought back, buy it back from buyback shop. (idk if this is considered an exploit). Tendurrr can also be bought back (for BGs). This saves a lot of time. You will have to relog each time.

5. If you have a non-member voucher already, farm Golden Hanzo armor, so you will be able to have another non-member voucher drop for you.

6. Pray to RNGesus.

If there's anything else I'm sure others will tell ya.

< Message edited by Valtorous -- 9/17/2017 15:46:15 >
AQW  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion/Ask Us Questions
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition