Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why is falconreach in ruins?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why is falconreach in ruins?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2017 3:51:30   
derpking

i havent played in quite a while and im wondering

nvm Amadeus is Sepulchure and im good now

Posts merged. Please do not double post. If you need to add onto a post, please use the 'Edit' button at the top-right corner. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 7/26/2017 10:02:05 >

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/26/2017 6:57:32   
RKC

dude spoilers man :(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/26/2017 7:42:30   
UltimateDoomKnight

It is the result of the massive war with Caitiff and the battle against it.
Post #: 3
7/26/2017 18:13:48   
Vaalirus

Like Doomknight said there was a big war with Caitiff that practically tore a lot of the area down, highly recommend you get on that questline if you're not on there yet.
DF  Post #: 4
7/27/2017 1:49:31   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

FYI: this questline is called "Caitiff's study" and you find it with DuBelmont in Castle Valtrith (book 3, travel map)
DF AQW  Post #: 5
7/27/2017 10:28:05   
Sagen12

I've been wanting to bring this up for a while now, so now seems a good time. The game often spoils itself. Various character's memorial statues showing up before the player might've even played through the quest chains where they died in. Spoilers throughout book 1-3, do not highlight until you've beaten the Calamity Saga:
spoiler:

I was completely spoiled by the memorial of Celestia when I visited the Guardian tower. I hadn't played in years and the game tells me she's dead without letting me play catch up to the quests she dies in first. Even a newer player might know that Demento is dead before they even play the Fire War because of that statue. Or that Warlic "died" and got better during Nythera's quests. What I was most annoyed at though, was the new innkeeper Gaelan and Serenity's statue telling me that Serenity died before I caught up to the Calamity Saga.

You get thrown into book 3 Falconreach after finishing book 2 with little context. At first, I thought this was because of the events at the end of book 2, but it was actually due to that war. Imo, the current Falconreach shouldn't appear that way until the player has completed the Calamity saga. Or at least, make sure the inn is spoiler free.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
7/27/2017 11:35:50   
Tomix
Soulweaver

The world of DF is a living thing.
If events that shape the world happen, they persist, just like in Guild Wars 2.
Sure, it might spoil stuff, it's inevitable. But you still can enjoy the journey that culminated in these moments!
At least I hope!
DF  Post #: 7
7/29/2017 6:41:36   
Sagen12

The town being in ruins is something I can tolerate without any negative feelings towards. However, the world spoiling its own character deaths lessens the impact of when I actually do experience them. The world, to me, would feel more alive if it changed as the player goes through the story. It doesn't feel as satisfying if it's really obvious you're playing through snapshots of the past. This is why the Ravenloss story allowing the player to have different versions of Ravenloss revealed is, imo, good design. I'd simply like memorial statues to appear after the deaths of their respective characters, much like the newer Ravenloss becomes a legacy of the in-game Tomix.

< Message edited by Sagen12 -- 7/29/2017 6:42:17 >
DF AQW  Post #: 8
8/4/2017 22:02:59   
GammaCavy

The world has never spoiled deaths for me. Several years ago now when I got a working computer again and found the statue of Celestia, I took it for worship of her, not a memorial. I'm more curios how the road to Ravenloss from Daemon's bookcase can still be there when he's in a tent.
DF  Post #: 9
8/8/2017 23:19:21   
Eris Blackwood

wait really? I had a vague since that there might have been a connection between Amadeus and Sepulchure, but I didn't think it was actually a fact. Still not sure I believe it, but

spoiler:

I really like that "Lyn" showed up

due to the slowness of the updates (don't blame you df team they're always really good updates) I drop this game for months at a time and just to the quests all at once when they're done. That quest was a wonderful surprise and one I'd been waiting for, for years and years.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/8/2017 23:38:24   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ he literally turns into seppy when healing our dragon gaping chest wound and all.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
8/9/2017 2:18:28   
Eris Blackwood

I totally missed that quest. Which is it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/9/2017 6:21:25   
god of chaos

^The very last one on the Caitiff saga
Post #: 13
8/9/2017 11:59:59   
Eris Blackwood

ahh... I missed that. figures
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/9/2017 14:27:44   
Greyor_42

yeah, it's not exactly the best idea to leave the game for months at a time and come back to finish questlines up. you often miss things that way. it'd be understandable if your schedule prevented you from checking up on the game for months at a time, but if you have free time at least once a week, it would definitely be a good idea to check up on it then, since the game updates every friday(aside from the rare occasion that it has to be delayed for a day or two).
DF  Post #: 15
8/9/2017 20:09:35   
Kashlikaro

I can second Greyor. I came back to the game after years of inactivity, only to arrive in Book 3 during the middle of the Calamity Saga, when Serenity was...y'know... it took me awhile to pull myself together and do the quest chain after that.
DF  Post #: 16
8/9/2017 23:33:21   
Commander_In_Red

I think the correct question is "Why is Falconreach in ruins again?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why is falconreach in ruins?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition