Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2017 18:42:08   
  Gingkage

Wolf Rider of DFQ&A/GD/Guides/RP

quote:

Verlyrus:
The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!

Hey there, heroes!
A couple new challenges have been added to the Inn at the Edge of Time!
A word of warning. These may be a bit crazy.

The first is the mysterious Dragonoid. Not quite a dragon, not entirely technological, this beast will take all of your cunning to defeat.

Next, is the Triple Trouble Challenge. Remember the previous dragon challenge? Take all three on! At the same time!

Good luck!

Oh! The rumormonger in the Inn has a lot of new produce to sell too!

PS: Tomix has been working on the Shadowwalker of Time class, and we hope to get that out very soon!

Having trouble with the fights? Have strategies you want to share? Theories on the Inn's patrons?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
7/28/2017 18:43:41   
Dragonman

Wow. These are tough.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/28/2017 18:47:58   
docblade

spoiler:

What you seek lies on the "Forums"

Great one
DF MQ  Post #: 3
7/28/2017 19:04:37   
Chewy905

WOW thats a cool mechanic! I was not expecting that!
There may be a glithc? approaching the board is causing me to go straight to a challenge, no choices
Post #: 4
7/28/2017 19:09:26   
Alli

wow, the green mecha dragon from mechquest! i like it. Hes quite the challenge, even for necromancer. If he was solo then it would have been a piece of cake...

And the spoilers... they keep getting better
@greyor ahh all right.

< Message edited by Alli -- 7/28/2017 19:14:39 >
Post #: 5
7/28/2017 19:12:16   
docblade

Arrgh...i just thought i had it. Technomancer was able to kill the MechSpawns so the big one wasnt able to go into berzerk, and Diabolis provided heals and debuffs. But then the Spawns re-spawned....and the new multi-hit attack finished me

< Message edited by docblade -- 7/28/2017 19:15:51 >
DF MQ  Post #: 6
7/28/2017 19:13:53   
Greyor_42

@alli

that's actually not a new "spoiler". it's from the old batch.

side note: is it even possible to defeat the dragonoid? i resorted to pyromancer and STILL got my butt handed to me five times in a row.......
DF  Post #: 7
7/28/2017 19:15:23   
flashbang

Hey, Alli, to use spoilers you use the following code:
[spoiler] This the the spoiler [/spoiler]
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
7/28/2017 19:17:05   
Alli

its doable with necro, its the respawns that are the real issue i'd say. With necro I initially took out the 2 mini mechs and kept my hp high until they appeared again. then after some burst from the enemy, I managed to kill them and get to high hp again. rinse and repeat till win.

@Flashbang

spoiler:

thank you good sir

Also palachilly helps a lot. he heals me 104 hp from time to time

Edit: is there a thread for all the spoilers given by doomknight Hero?

< Message edited by Alli -- 7/28/2017 19:53:30 >
Post #: 9
7/28/2017 19:44:51   
rycarflare

Where's this Rumormonger that Verly speaks of?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/28/2017 19:49:43   
Greyor_42

@rycarflare

he's the doomknight that sells you "spoilers" in the backroom.

@alli it should be in the thread for the last release involving the inn.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 7/28/2017 19:50:21 >
DF  Post #: 11
7/28/2017 19:51:10   
rycarflare

@Greyor

He sells spoilers, I'm looking for the guy who sells produce which I'm assuming is food.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/28/2017 20:02:27   
Frigus

AQC released what is considered to be their hardest war boss in ages yesterday. Our favorite cat coder decided to top that.
Post #: 13
7/28/2017 20:05:06   
docblade

Okay. I have enough. Pyro -Failed. Necro - Down. Kathool - Died before he could dish out damage. Cryptic - Same as Necro, DL: Was beaten. Ranger-No chance. Base - Finished off. and so on
The only classes that i havent tried yet are Transphaser, CronoZ, EnTropy and Exo
EDIT: Chrono failed. Exo was the best so far...able to beat the dragon down to 1/3 before the small ones killed me with some 300 crits

< Message edited by docblade -- 7/28/2017 20:25:25 >
DF MQ  Post #: 14
7/28/2017 20:15:15   
Baron Dante

Oh.
I uh...
I didn't have the time to make videos of all the previous fights.
I mean, I probably could have if I wasn't lazy, so...

Is this going to be the general-ish rate we're getting more challenges? Because I'd be okay with that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/28/2017 20:19:13   
Chewy905

I was very proud to be doing it with ascended chickencow. I was a little worried about my mana but i was going strong.
spoiler:

Then the adds respawned.

whelp thats it then.
Post #: 16
7/28/2017 20:20:33   
raylas

Well.... that was a pulse-pounder!

I did kill the Dragonoid, but it required the use of Necromancer and some very careful choices of what ability to use when. That and a little bit of luck made it dead.

..... and I got the staff.

Well, time to run it again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
7/28/2017 20:21:10   
Detroness

Weird.

Dragonoid stunned me with his two ground-pound paw hit despite the message saying that I had resisted the stun because of my Immobility.

Edit: Dragonoid just hit me again with that move and the message didn't pop up.

2nd Edit: Dragonoid hit me a third time with that stun move, message "Rose resists Immobility Effect!" popped up, result = stunned.

< Message edited by Detroness -- 7/28/2017 20:29:26 >
DF  Post #: 18
7/28/2017 20:30:40   
Chewy905

@Detroness Both hits have a chance to stun, you resisted one but got stunned by the second or vice versa
Post #: 19
7/28/2017 20:30:43   
Baron Dante

@Detroness: Well, it's a two-hit move. You most likely resisted one of the hits.

So, what does the Badge of the Dragon Vanquisher do?
Is it just a bragging rights item?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/28/2017 20:32:51   
docblade

There must be a way. Even if its something like "wear some of the Sir Jing weapons while you jump on one leg" stuff. Even the staff cant be so mean releasing a fight that must be done SEVERAL times and can only won by inhuman amounts of luck...right?....RIGHT??

EDIT: Exo failed. i almost had the big one, then the minions respawned and finished me with a total off 800something damage

< Message edited by docblade -- 7/28/2017 20:43:30 >
DF MQ  Post #: 21
7/28/2017 20:38:38   
Detroness

@Baron Dante & @Chewy905

That's unfortunate. :(

I'm guessing that the mini-mechs kinda act like the Doom Amulet's shards - one buffs health, one buffs damage - where I'll be focusing on the one that heals, ignoring the one that buffs damage, and then damaging the boss.
DF  Post #: 22
7/28/2017 20:39:13   
Mortel

It seems that overcoming it will not be easy
DF  Post #: 23
7/28/2017 20:41:02   
dragon eye01

I did it with ascended chickencow. He respawns them at 5500 hp, but won't do it if he's stunned, so stun him right before then, use the time to get your skills ready. Use any damage buffs you have while he's stunned, then use your "make everything miss because lol why not" skill on the turn he respawns them. Then just use every skill you've got that can do insane amounts of damage. I personally didn't think I could kill both, so I used 2 high damaging skills on one, and one on the other. Then I blinded the one with higher health and used a multi-hit attack to take care of the other one and do a bit of damage to the blinded one so I could finish him off. I still got burned, but it was enough to keep me from dying. After that it's just a matter of taking care of the easy to kill dragon. ALSO the merge for the upgraded weapons is bugged, you're supposed to get two of the same weapon to merge them into a better one, but it can't tell if you have multiples of a non-stackable item, so getting one is enough to upgrade it. Take advantage of it fast, I already let Verly know via twitter, so it'll probably be fixed by tomorrow.
DF  Post #: 24
7/28/2017 20:43:09   
Strength

Wow, this was tough. Had to use Dragonlord w/ Dragonlord's Patience for the Dragonoid and Dragonslayer for the Triple Challenge. I doubt that the triple challenge in impossible without Dragonslayer, but I still had a bit of a rough time even with Dragonslayer.

(With Dragonlord I also got to the 102% damage increase. Loooong fight.)

Good job guys! I really like this release.

< Message edited by Strength -- 7/28/2017 20:44:01 >

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition