Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2017 20:43:52   
elcidIII

i was doing fine, having fun. and then i got a permanent 180 DOT. yeah, no.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
7/28/2017 20:46:23   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

Gotta love the good old 'play the quest with ever single class you have to see what works'.

DF AQW  Post #: 27
7/28/2017 20:46:35   
Greyor_42

@detroness

actually, one of them SHIELDS the dragonoid. not only that, but unlike the doom amulet fight, you actually have to kill both of them, or the dragonoid goes into a berserk state where he'll end up killing you in 1-2 turns if you don't have some way of making him not able to hurt you at all(and it seems like shields don't do anything against the berserk state, as it just eats through MSW's). so far, it seems like the only reliable way to do that, is with necro's turn ability.
DF  Post #: 28
7/28/2017 20:47:40   
Baron Dante

quote:

Wow, this was tough. Had to use Dragonlord w/ Dragonlord's Patience for the Dragonoid and Dragonslayer for the Triple Challenge. I doubt that the triple challenge in impossible without Dragonslayer, but I still had a bit of a rough time even with Dragonslayer.

Funny story. I didn't even consider Dragonslayer.
It might be the only thing that can do Hard Mode though.
We'll see.

So, is it just me, or when the Spawns, well, respawn, they don't actually focus on buffing the ragonoid anymore, and just barbeque you?
Also, what exactly is the cause of the Dragonoid being healed? I'd assume one of the Spawns, but geez.
Also, those things have 6100+ HP on Hard Mode. Now that's going to be something to break through.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 7/28/2017 20:50:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/28/2017 20:52:08   
DarkLordDoom

Beat both challenges. My default Pyro do good against the Trio but it didn't cut it against the Mech so Necro was utilised to sytemmatically break it apart.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
7/28/2017 20:53:41   
raylas

@Detroness

Let me give you some advice: Wear them down until you can kill them both in a single blow. Then, use a shield and fire off a multi-strike technique to take them both out.

Be aware that the boss follows a pattern of sorts, with the seek and destroy ability, prep and react in kind, shielding yourself before it can stun you. If stuns you and uses the breath weapon, you're in for a galaxy of pain.

If you only kill one, the Dragonoid gets a REALLY nasty power boost and can kill you easily. Take them down, then UNLOAD on the boss. Keep it blinded, stunned, or a shield up whenever possible, and make sure you have some sort of healing or life-leech skill, stack on DoTs, hit it with Criticals. If you have anything that triggers on golems, use it, if you have a really powerful weapon of any element, use it.

Sadly, my ultra-easy quick and clean method that I use on the other ones doesn't work on this joule-jerk. But the outlined method here is about as good a was as I have found to end this mechanical nightmare.

Basically, you just need to keep a guard up and keep your health high when the little mechs are alive, drop them at the same time, then disable the boss and just tear it limb from limb.

Done properly, you can get it down under half-health in one go.

Pet dragon is a good companion for you, too, it can heal, stun, apply DOTs, and inflict chip damage on gruesome over there.

Best of luck, this is the best advice I can give you.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
7/28/2017 20:55:13   
Dragonman

Resorted to Dragonslayer and it still took me a few tries for the triple threat, I haven't figured out how I'm gonna beat the Dragonoid yet, but it looks like Necro is a popular option

< Message edited by Dragonman -- 7/28/2017 20:56:21 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/28/2017 20:56:14   
Baron Dante

quote:

If you have anything that triggers on golems, use it, if you have a really powerful weapon of any element, use it.

I've been waiting for something that does anything on Golems for the last few years.
One day...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/28/2017 20:58:25   
raylas

^ I'll join you in waiting.

*picks up my other triggering weaponry, sits next to the baron*

Sup, meatshield man?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
7/28/2017 21:03:57   
Baron Dante

Plotting.
I was planning on sleeping, getting rid of this flu, maybe do the next video.
But then Verly dropped this bossfight on us.
Now I'm sitting here plotting at 4 am.
And I may have an idea.
It's possibly the worst idea I've ever had, but it might be an idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/28/2017 21:04:27   
FriendOfAFriend

Have no idea what I did or how I pulled it off but I somehow managed the Dragonoid with Pyromancer.
Post #: 36
7/28/2017 21:04:48   
Luckyjazzt

Was doing fine until they respawned. Then I just stopped and laughed because I knew I was doomed.
DF  Post #: 37
7/28/2017 21:05:40   
Mortel

It really is difficult to beat Dragonoid, I lost 2 times with the Cryptic. But manage to defeat it with the DragonLord and its Artifact
DF  Post #: 38
7/28/2017 21:07:15   
raylas

quote:

It's possibly the worst idea I've ever had, but it might be an idea.

Well, Baron....

"If it seems stupid, but it works, then it's not stupid."

Words to live by. Might seem a bad idea, but if it works...... that would make it a good one, would it not?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
7/28/2017 21:12:08   
Luckyjazzt

Well, tomix did say the future ones were going to be a lot harder. He was right I guess.
DF  Post #: 40
7/28/2017 21:14:18   
docblade

Okay I have enough. There is no way to finish off the stupid chunk of metal without him and/or his underlings going into berserk and doing insane amounts of damage that finish you off. I tried several methods with several classes. Right now, the game keeps telling you: "Hey, you dont have insane amounts of hp and luck? Well, then you wont beat this" I am sick of it
DF MQ  Post #: 41
7/28/2017 21:36:03   
Luckyjazzt

Patience DL can beat dragonoid. I got the Dagger from it. Does anyone know what the drop from Triple Trouble is?
DF  Post #: 42
7/28/2017 21:36:08   
Strength

Is this just me or is the level 80 Sword bugged? I can't equip it, It just says Error Loading: Weapon and sends me back to the login screen.
DF  Post #: 43
7/28/2017 21:46:06   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Fixed level 80 Sword reward.
I'll just have The first turn in be a free upgrade.

Nice strats, guys!
AQ MQ  Post #: 44
7/28/2017 21:53:02   
Luckyjazzt

@Verly I'm loving the challenges. They're definitely making me think.
DF  Post #: 45
7/28/2017 22:03:58   
docblade

Yes! YES!!!!! Patience DL did it.

EDIT: Gnah!! I picked the wrong item. Now i have to do this again!
EDIT2: Got a sword. I need a dagger. Again!

< Message edited by docblade -- 7/28/2017 22:33:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 46
7/28/2017 22:50:05   
elcidIII

the worst part is i already have a better energy weapon, so fighting this guy is entirely pointless.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
7/28/2017 23:04:12   
Mortel

@elcidIII I have the same opinion, there are better energy weapons, although this is pretty
DF  Post #: 48
7/28/2017 23:09:13   
Luckyjazzt

I'm torn, because I've beaten him twice, so I definitely can, and I have a better energy weapon, but these ones look sooo cool.
DF  Post #: 49
7/28/2017 23:21:27   
mds2006

Well this is certainly... one way to beat... the Dragonoid...

I waited for the two little guys to respawn, then I used Avatar of Time's reset skill.
After that, i did all i could to kill the two as fast as possible, as they were still doing their powerful moves instead of protecting the Dragonoid.
At that point, both my guests died, however he never respawned them again, so it was just a time-consuming solo (plus my pet) after that, as he's not all that powerful by himself.

...Does that count as exploiting or bug abuse or something? Will the devs do anything about this? >.>
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition