Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2017 23:51:43   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

That's one way to do it, mds!
Seems like you came up with a good strategy.

The respawned versions aren't supposed to do the defensive buffs. #wehavethetechnology

As for more powerful energy weapons, I believe the only ones stronger are the Mystical Katana, Scythe of Liberty, and Ultimate Dragon Scythes? And those are scythes, not specific (sword, dagger, staff) weapons.
AQ MQ  Post #: 51
7/28/2017 23:55:02   
Caesaris

Void Walker of AQW Sugg & Brazilian Help

quote:

Was doing fine until they respawned. Then I just stopped and laughed because I knew I was doomed.

I lol'ed so hard here, but I'm struggling as well xD

WELL, none of my best options have worked (Pyro, Kathool, Necro...) so I'm gonna wait. Frustrated.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
7/29/2017 0:03:22   
docblade

This thing changed. Some hours ago, if you stunned him around 5400 hp, he wasnt able to re-summon his minions. Now he doesnt care how long the stun last. no matter what you do, he will resummon and you are doomed.

Dont know what changed, but now he's way to overpowered. I give up. I cannot win anymore. Its just impossible. I am used to tough fights, but that is insane.

Hey staff. Would you at least label this fight as meltface or something so everyone will know that it is impossible to win?
DF MQ  Post #: 53
7/29/2017 0:30:19   
Sakurai the Cursed

It's hardly impossible. I've done it with DragonLord with both artifacts and with Ascended Chickencow which isn't even a good defensive class, I have 0 invested in End and it didn't take luck, just strategy. The things you need to keep in mind are that you have to kill the two minions within 1 turn of each other or the Dragonoid goes berserk, and that he respawns them at half health and when they respawn they no longer buff him but just do ridiculous damage instead, so be prepared in advance. Knowing those two things, it's not hard really. You only really need to defend against the Dragonoid itself when you get the popup that he's "locking on", because what he'll do after that is try to stun you on the next turn and then do the big fire attack on the turn after that. So blind when you see the popup and you're good. Then when he resummons the minions, pop your shield immediately and you need to take them both out before they're able to hit you again, or 1 turn after at most. Ascended Chickencow worked best for that with its multiple nukes, but even PatienceDL worked when the multiplier was high enough. After that it's just the easy Dragonoid again so smooth sailing from there.

Edit: Hard Mode may indeed be impossible though. Burning through that much health on the respawned minions when they do so much damage every turn... Maybe if you got the maximum fire resist and came up with a crazy healing strategy like Paladin + Blade of Awe + whatever else, but even then I doubt it. The DoTs and the Dragonoid's metal damage would still be too much I think. And you can't just leave the initial buffing minions alive to avoid the damage minions, because they heal him too much every time each of them attacks.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 7/29/2017 0:38:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
7/29/2017 0:51:13   
Silver Sky Magician

Anyone won either challenge with a non-DA, non-DC character yet?
Epic  Post #: 55
7/29/2017 1:22:37   
Greyor_42

@silver sky magician

docblade somehow managed to beat it with base class of all things a while back, but based on his newest statement, i'm not sure that is possible any longer.
DF  Post #: 56
7/29/2017 1:33:14   
docblade

I finally made it. ACC was able to finish the dragon and i finally got the dagger i need. Thanks for the help Sakurai

@SilverSkyMagican It was one of the first 3, i think Gelunguis, with an Protection-Assistance-Mischief-Dragon, the Cloak Scrap, Rogue and a LOT of luck. So it is possible, but very tough

< Message edited by docblade -- 7/29/2017 1:35:57 >
DF MQ  Post #: 57
7/29/2017 2:16:11   
6ssd

So has anyone been able to beat triple trouble yet? I've tried dragonslayer and so far have only been able to kill Gelunguis before losing.
DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/29/2017 2:28:08   
Silver Sky Magician

^

I managed to beat Triple Trouble! Max END and potions <- this is crucial, Dragonslayer + Stan the ScanOrb + Sir Leon + Book 3 Ash. Focus on tanking and letting Slayer's Poison do all the work. Got a badge for winning - hope it can be used for something instead of just taking up inventory space.

Now to try the Dragonoid.
Epic  Post #: 59
7/29/2017 2:50:35   
Kashlikaro

Nearly beat Dragonoid first try, then his little mechspawns respawned oneshotted my party >_>

Second try, He rez'd his mechspawns early, healed 5k HP, one-shotted Aegis through his shield, stunned me the following turn, and killed me the turn after that.

It's like release-Fangblade mixed with patched-Fangblade plus the Doom Amulet, with stuns thrown in for good measure. Time to try again!

Edit: He just fired off 2 Overclocks almost one after another. He supposed to be able to do that? Can also confirm that the challenge board sometimes jumps to the fight immediately.

Edit2: Done! Managed to Banish the Dragonoid, but Aegis died shortly thereafter, and his shield held *just* long enough for me to survive getting flame blasted by the mechspawns for a good few turns while I whittled away their health, trying to lower their bonus enough to not OTK me. Won with 200 hp left, DoT alone would have done me in after 2 more turns.

< Message edited by Kashlikaro -- 7/29/2017 3:13:55 >
DF  Post #: 60
7/29/2017 3:11:24   
Dark Lord Urmi

thank god the reward is not something im interested in because without doomknight i can't even scratch the dragonoid, nothing worse than being locked out of something cool due to a lack of skill.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 7/29/2017 3:13:22 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 61
7/29/2017 3:15:42   
Mortel

I'm pretty sure that players without an amulet dragon are unable to defeat The Triple Trouble. However, those who have dragon amulet if they have more possibilities, they just need to have a better strategy.
I managed to defeat them with:
Dragonlord class
Scythe of Liberty
Kickstarter Cape
Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet
Baltael's Aventail
Slimy Necklace
Dragon's Patience
Unhallowed DeathKnight Belt
Falwynn's Lucky Rock
and summon pet dragon

Manage to defeat them the second attempt.
Well, the first thing I did was defend myself and attack Trigoras. Heal me when needed and keep covering me, Until you defeat him. The same with Gelunguis. And finally Oratath. It really took me over 40 minutes...
DF  Post #: 62
7/29/2017 3:17:16   
MarchingToApril

Okay, beat both challenges with Dragonlord (Rage for Dragonoid, Patience for Triple) and while the Dragonoid was relatively... simple-ish (it is stunnable, though I had to use a potion once), Triple Trouble was a real slog to go through. Patience was at a full 102% by the time I was done and it came pretty close to killing me a couple of times. Even had to use a potion. Haven't had to, in a while. T'was fun.

Now, to give Evolved Pumpkinlord and Archivist a try...

< Message edited by MarchingToApril -- 7/29/2017 3:21:15 >
Post #: 63
7/29/2017 3:20:46   
Silver Sky Magician

@Mortel

I beat the Triple Trouble without a DA or DC items. See strategy in my above post. It's probably impossible without Dragonslayer though. And I think the Dragonoid is downright impossible whatever you try without a DA or DC.
Epic  Post #: 64
7/29/2017 5:17:30   
popinloopy

I got really close to beating the Dragonoid using the Guardian armor. Surprisingly not as defensive oriented as I hoped, but more than I remembered. I bet it can be done in Guardian, just not by me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
7/29/2017 5:23:31   
MarchingToApril

Beat the Dragonoid again, this time with Evolved Pumpkinlord. T'was tricky to get the timing right, though. This means a couple of things. Since you can use both Pumpkinlords even without a DA, this means that it's possible for an NDA character to beat the robot dragon even without Dragonslayer, using not the power of the slayers of dragons but the power of the lords of pumpkins.

But only on October.

Yeah, there's a caveat right there...
Post #: 66
7/29/2017 5:30:27   
Skullkyopi

Different people having different experiences with the challenges. This was expected.

The trouble I'm having with the Triple Trouble challenge? I feel like I'm back to being a Non-DA fighting the Book 1 Finale bosses with base level potions.

The first time fighting Dragonoid, I flubbed it while using MasterSoulweaver. I didn't actually think I could beat it without any prior knowledge to it's abilities coupled with MS's meager defensive options vs. multi-fights.

Then I tried Technomancer against it. Won twice in a row without any trouble. This boss just loves getting stunned.

Surprisingly, Ranger did incredibly well despite me using one of the defensive skills that reset Focus, the Shield, on the first turn only. Ridiculous damage plus Extra turns = Wins for Days.

...I have no words for the Triple Trouble Challenge. Without using Dragonslayer, the difficulty + the amount of lag my potato computer has during it all is infuriating. This may not be a hurdle I can overcome in the near future. I wish everybody else the best of luck on this endeavor.

< Message edited by Skullkyopi -- 7/29/2017 6:24:52 >
DF MQ  Post #: 67
7/29/2017 5:49:00   
mahasamatman

Took a while, but I managed both challenges (dragonoid with necro, triple with dragonslayer).
Sasook: My strategy exactly.
Spoilers:
spoiler:

Theano is your greatest ally.
Elysium Blank has 4 division commanders.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 7/29/2017 6:08:20 >
DF  Post #: 68
7/29/2017 6:06:10   
Sasook

Managed to beat Triple Trouble with DragonSlayer. Aimed for Trigoras first with Slayer Poison, while blinding him and also shielding whenever possible. After Trigoras, aimed for Gelunguis, doing the exact same tactic of shielding and blinding to reduce the chance of losing health. Healed whenever needed. Also constantly stunned Oratath.

Have no clue as to how to beat the Dragonoid
DF  Post #: 69
7/29/2017 6:08:03   
dragon_master

Fight is too hard and rewards are non-DA.
Disappointed with these releases.

Looking forward to main story.
DF MQ  Post #: 70
7/29/2017 7:29:54   
Baron Dante

Honestly, I kinda agree it's disappointing the weapons are non-DA, and not that great in the end. Sure, we just got to level 85, so there's not that many weapons for the elements at high levels, but they'll be outclassed eventually for everyone but non-DA people.
It'd be nice if at least the top variants had DA versions in addition to non-DA ones though.

Alternatively, if they didn't take up bank space (That is, if they were DA or DC items) I could actually keep them around to at least show them for battling.

On that note, it seems the Dragonoid only bring the Spawn and heals once, right.
If that's the case, this might be my new favorite fight in terms of mechanics. There's a lot of variety in what this thing actually does.
That doesn't mean I won't cheese it to death, but y'know
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
7/29/2017 7:47:36   
LouisCyphere

If these kind of releases mean that Tomix can work on classes and Verly can innovate boss fights, I'm all down for it.

And just like what the others have said, I would also like if there's DC version for free banking or at least a DA version for banking also
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
7/29/2017 7:51:24   
MarchingToApril

Tried out more classes. In the fight against the Dragonoid, Archivist spat in its eye and stomped on its face in a rather... stunning fashion (knowledge is power?). In the Triple Trouble thing, the three dragons all missed their chance to cut my Cryptic down to size. Sadly, Evo. Pumpkinlord doesn't seem able to heal or shield fast enough for the Triple Trouble, 'specially since the blind isn't all that reliable (and since they're practically unstunnable). I'll try pitting Archivist against the three but I'll admit, I love Archivist to bits, but I kinda doubt it's all that good a match for it.
Post #: 73
7/29/2017 9:13:43   
LadyYennifer

Has anyone collected a list of the new rumors sold by the DoomKnight vendor?
DF AQW  Post #: 74
7/29/2017 10:01:00   
Kaizoku

I'm not very good with these challenge fights, nor do I require the weapons. *lies in wait for SWOT*
AQ DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= July 28th Design Notes: The Inn at the Edge of Time Update!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition