Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Do you still enjoy AQW as much as when you started?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: Do you still enjoy AQW as much as when you started?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2017 0:56:49   
  kaos rules x

Shadow Slayin' ArchKnight of AQW GD

I think I still enjoy AQWorlds as much as when I started, albeit in different ways.

When I started AQWorlds, I was younger and easily impressed with grand story-telling that got bigger and more exciting. Big events and world-shaking catastrophes and heroes were the forefront of my reading and thoughts. AQWorlds had that in spades, even at the very beginning when a familiar lackey stole the villainous stage with brand new powers. The story was grand and our hero was meant to save (or ruin) it all. The world held so much promise and I enjoyed seeing each and every big baddie fall beneath my carefully wielded blade and casted magicks. It was just plain fun seeing where the big adventure was going to take our hero, like reading a fantasy novel or watching an action movie.

Now though, I like seeing the plot progress past bigger events and towards a larger world in general. I'm not impressed with big events in stories but rather in the way that the adventure and lessons are told. Sometimes each new release hits that nice blend of pacing, action and thoughtfulness - while other times it seems like there's disproportionate amounts of action or dialogue. I like to figure out what worked best in the story and try to apply it to things I write and plan. I still enjoy the game and its stories, just in different ways now that I've grown older and more accustomed to different kinds of story-telling.

I also enjoy the game because I get to join the Phoenix Army or be named as one of the 20ish official Foxy-Deer while hanging out in Yulgars. This fanbase is weird but just quirky enough to be fun at just the right times.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
9/9/2017 8:22:41   
Xyres

Most definitely not. I find it hard to stay logged in for even 30 minutes.
AQW  Post #: 77
9/14/2017 23:41:38   
paskyfer007

Is it just me or AQW now is just looking for money, without actual quality content?
Post #: 78
9/15/2017 0:09:59   
ShatteredReality

@above

No, you're not the only one. I'm not really interested with the TLaPD stuff. But I feel like it would be more productive to suggest ways to fix it instead of just complaining about it.

< Message edited by ShatteredReality -- 9/15/2017 0:12:13 >
AQW  Post #: 79
9/16/2017 5:04:43   
paskyfer007

How to fix it?

Well, AQW was not always boring and uninteresting to me. I can recall some of my favorite moment, like Bloodtusk Saga, Desoloth, Final Chaos Lord, and so on.
I don't know how to fix it, but I can think where to start. Start with looking back. Look for everything back.
I know that most of the issue (unbalanced classes, boring story, money grinding, RNG) could be fixed if they compare them to the past release.
So they would do the right things in the past again and could learn their mistake (intentionally or not).

For instance, I know many people don't like Naval Commander (same design over and over; don't forget about its crooked neck) but they kept doing it. Why? Because they listen people ONLY with good sentiment about them. I can see from Twitter. The same thing happen to Starsword, Upholder, Monglowen, and other "boring but repeated" things/events.
Post #: 80
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: Do you still enjoy AQW as much as when you started?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition