Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2017 21:11:51   
  Gingkage

Wolf Rider of DFQ&A/GD/Guides/RP

quote:

Tomix:
Artifact Heist!

Willowshire’s Guardian Tower is under attack by Manaphages and the Thorns are to blame!

What could they gain from attacking the Guardians? Perhaps this has something to do with the spell that Theano stole from the people of Clearwater? Belle needs your help evacuating the civilians and the Guardians.

Hurry and put a stop to Theano’s evil plot… Before it's too late!

Head over to Ash in Book 3 and play the newest Thorn quest!

Tags: Inanitas Tomix
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
8/4/2017 21:38:29   
rycarflare

Wow, was that boss fight supposed to be easy? I snapped my fingers and that boi was gawn faster than I could say Baltael's Aventail Soul Sync.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/4/2017 21:44:36   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

So
spoiler:

Belle seems to have enough mana to where 3 Manaphages exploded from draining so much and she didn't feel a thing. I'll state the obvious and say there's something special about her. Also Vitael looks really cool, possibly her SoulAlly? If it is I never thought about a non humanoid Ally.

< Message edited by SilverAngel -- 8/4/2017 21:51:18 >

DF AQW  Post #: 3
8/4/2017 21:53:39   
docblade

I wouldnt call the boss fight easy, considering the buffs. I only survived it due to a wise choice of weapons and my Elemental Unity. And.....

spoiler:

we can put shards of the ultimate orb in weapons? Maybe we can use it some day to upgrade some of our weapons *looks to the base daggers
DF MQ  Post #: 4
8/4/2017 21:57:03   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

@docblade: He has no stun resist so if you stun him it's super easy, you just have to defeart him before the stun wears off.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
8/4/2017 21:57:50   
GammaCavy

Viteal was really, really cool. Am I the only one who thought the boss fight was easy and that it looked like the manaphages overloaded?
Since when have Shards of the Ultimate Orb been hidden in the Towers? Who are we bringing her to for advice? Warlic? Cysero? Ash? Riadne? Someone entirely new?
Edit- Docblade, we can buy ultimate orb weapons from the Elysia's shop. One Stone of Falconreach Tower and one Shard of the Ultimate Orb make the Shining Ultimate Weapons, which are 20% more awesome and useful than the Destiny Weapons.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 8/4/2017 22:00:03 >
DF  Post #: 6
8/4/2017 22:03:34   
Silver Sky Magician

I'm not really feeling this Thorn saga. Few plot elements in this quest that perturbed me:

1) Why would the Guardians be safeguarding a shard of the Ultimate Orb when they have such a terrible track record of safeguarding powerful artifacts? And what is this 'I don't know which Guardian tower they would attack' - do ALL the Guardian towers have such problematic items in their care? Is this public knowledge?

2) Theano is so evil it's almost comical. Why is anyone following him? He doesn't even have Jaania or Akanthus backing him up; yes, even Akanthus most likely wouldn't be happy to see a rogue subordinate garnering powerful magical artifacts and spreading chaos indiscriminately. I pity whoever he manages to resurrect, because he/she would be infinitely better off dead than with this jerk.

3) I feel that Theano lets too much slip even for an arrogant bad guy.

4) How are the Manaphages not attacking the Rose?

Theano's Roirr 2.0 plan doesn't really interest me (though punching his face out does), but Belle's development is very promising. With this turn of events I assume she's going to be one of the Six Heroes. And her Soul Ally is gorgeous!
Epic  Post #: 7
8/4/2017 22:05:31   
GammaCavy

More to the point, is this ability to short out ManaPahges a trait of Belle's, her Ally's, or something shared by all the Weaving Families? If the latter option, I think Weavers are going to become more intersecting again....
DF  Post #: 8
8/4/2017 22:23:51   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

quote:

1) Why would the Guardians be safeguarding a shard of the Ultimate Orb when they have such a terrible track record of safeguarding powerful artifacts? And what is this 'I don't know which Guardian tower they would attack' - do ALL the Guardian towers have such problematic items in their care? Is this public knowledge?

2) Theano is so evil it's almost comical. Why is anyone following him? He doesn't even have Jaania or Akanthus backing him up; yes, even Akanthus most likely wouldn't be happy to see a rogue subordinate garnering powerful magical artifacts and spreading chaos indiscriminately. I pity whoever he manages to resurrect, because he/she would be infinitely better off dead than with this jerk.

3) I feel that Theano lets too much slip even for an arrogant bad guy.

4) How are the Manaphages not attacking the Rose?

1 - That doesn't stop them for TRYING, who else can take care of dangerous artifacts?

2 - He managed to win the loyalty of his soldiers, promises of rewards of physical kind, you know, simple stuff. He could also be lying to his troops.

3 - Nothing to say, agreed xD

4 - Because simple rose warriors don't have mana to drain? Not every human being have enough mana for magic, much less to have a manaphage attack.
DF AQW  Post #: 9
8/4/2017 22:40:02   
Tiger Dragon Master

Vitael is so cool!

spoiler:

We should ask the guardians about the shards. i'm totally getting my hands on one of those. Maybe soulweaver mana is incompatible with the manaphages? or just the rainbow kind? They're allergic the rainbows lol

< Message edited by Tiger Dragon Master -- 8/4/2017 22:48:06 >

Dragon Writer
Gala Attire Fanart
and I have no idea what I'm doing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/4/2017 22:52:37   
LouisCyphere

I thought that one of the spoilers would be true.

spoiler:

Well, Belle didn't die today. Hopefully the spoiler saying that she will die will not come true.

Quite short release imo. Though it did bring more points into the story.

spoiler:

something about Belle is special. The manaphages even ignored the Hero.
And shards of the Ultimate Orb are coming back to haunt us
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/4/2017 22:55:21   
Greyor_42

spoiler:

well, at least now we've cleared up that the thorns in fact do NOT work for akanthus.....

@gammacavy

spoiler:

based on the visual we got for the manaphages POV, it seems to be because of an absurdly high amount of mana, even more than that of a nexus, because even though the meter for potential mana was filled, the bar kept going, where with the nexus, it just stopped at the full point. it seems like this is something specific to bell, though, as her soul ally didn't seem to know what it was about either.

@silver sky magician

spoiler:

well, in the guardians defense, the problem was that the orbs were either stolen by a great dragon, stolen by a doom knight, stolen by spies working for said doomknight, or was split in half by a single clumsy guardian(and one half was stolen by a VERY talented treasure hunter). the only real exception to this is the darkness orb, which wasn't even being protected by guardians anymore due to them being wiped out in a vampire attack. basically, the orbs were taken by things that were out of pretty much anyone's league. theoretically, that SHOULDN'T have been an issue anymore, due to the threats of both wargoth and the shadowscythe are gone.

as for the second bit, theano isn't a "rogue subordinate". besides, he very openly admitted that akanthus knows all about the thorns and what there up to. he just doesn't care about them, and chooses to hide their actions from jaania.

for the third one, yeah, he's not really that smart when it comes to hiding your plans from the good guy.

and the manaphages probably don't attack rose members for the same reason that they didn't attack galanoth. not enough mana to be of interest. they probably just seem like background radiation to the manaphages.

@louiscyphere

spoiler:

well, they didn't exactly "ignore" the hero, their systems freaked out when they scanned us, so they were more confused by our existence than anything. it's kind of like how when browsing the web, you find an image so bizzare you just decide then and there "yep, i'm done with the internet for the day......"

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/4/2017 23:00:25 >
DF  Post #: 12
8/4/2017 23:12:44   
ateras360

Vitel looked alot like something from a dream I had years ago. Also this quest was really fun, and I'm very happy that the reward was only 90 dragon coins,

< Message edited by ateras360 -- 8/4/2017 23:17:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
8/4/2017 23:35:29   
Vaalirus

Woah Woah back up, Soul weavers can have awesome looking non-human soul allies? Can we make Aegis do that? Ah oh well. Anyways more evidence that the Thorn is full of pricks *ba dum tsss*

In all seriousness though I guess this confirms that Akanthus isn't leading over the thorn, but is aware of their actions. Which begs the question is if we force Jaania to see this splinter group will she finally understand that people without magic can be just as dangerous or will she consider the manaphages a possible tool considering where we are now? And then there's the shards of the ultimate orb I didn't realize that they were protecting them, but honestly when I think about it wouldn't the hero be better suited to have it on them? I mean they're not like a full orb like last time so it wouldn't be too heavy to carry...also thank the avatars that those manaphages got blown up this time because I for one could not handle that overpowered trio again with that being said...what gives our little soul weaver so much mana to do that in the first place!?!??! Questions Questions and no answers yet.

In either event I wonder where lord buttface is going to next probably will think twice about fighting us since you know he was weak.

Yesterday's loss leads to folly
DF  Post #: 14
8/4/2017 23:57:38   
Cherubic Card

spoiler:

Her powerlevel, it's- It's over 9000!!!!

Seriously though, I was worried for her, especially when she got 3 "!" marks, but she did what even a mana core couldn't and overloaded those suckers lickity-split.

She's unique to be sure, I don't recall if she herself confirmed herself as a de-facto soul weaver, but she definitely has some affiliation. A very interesting soul-ally as well.

Now for a bit of criticism, she is coming off a bit Mary Sue-ish, but there could be a very interesting and valid reason for her absurd mana level, we'll have to wait and see.

@Below
Yeah, that made it much easier. Was wondering why my character was panting when I swept that boi harder than a dustbunny vs. a nuclear powered broom.

< Message edited by Cherubic Card -- 8/5/2017 0:14:41 >
Post #: 15
8/5/2017 0:12:32   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Oops, I forgot to add immobility resist to the boss.
AQ MQ  Post #: 16
8/5/2017 0:15:39   
Lord Alsvinich

Yeah no, Theano only got one hit on me and I resisted the stun
Post #: 17
8/5/2017 0:22:20   
GammaCavy

I have a thought. Remember Sir Leon's lady-love, Crest?
Now remember the quest to retrieve her. We fought manaCrest and mana elementals. Pull up a picture of those Mana Elementals and Mana Crest.
Got it?
Now pull up a picture of Belle with her Spirit Looms active. They've been bothering me for a while, and I think I know why, and why she overloaded the manaphages.
As we know, Spirit Looms change appearance with the element they're tuned to. Compare Belle's active Looms to the mana constructs.
That's right, Belle's Looms are tuned to pure magic, not corrupted by other elements, but the power in it's purest form. Tomix's looms were tuned to Evil because his SoulAlly was Evny. I propose that a normal Soulweaver's Looms are locked to the element of their Soul Ally.
Now look at Vitael's horns and hooves. Remind you of anything?
I propose that Vitael is an Elemental Spirit of pure magic, attuned to the element of magic. Pure magic is Belle's affinity, and through her link to Vitael she has access to unlimited magic, or is a gateway to unlimited magic. Thus power drawn from her overloaded the manaphages because they had found a source they could not drain dry: the raw element, magic.
This will come back, I fear, because Theano is searching for enough power to complete his ritual. Which is easier? Mass human sacrifice, or capturing one Soulweaver who is a gateway to pure mana, and extracting it from her?
Thus, the Belle Dies comment from the Edge of Time.

Edit, Verly, when you go back and add immobility resist, please don't make those of us who've won already have to go back and do it over.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 8/5/2017 0:23:13 >

sincerely, your friendly neighborhood warrior thespian dark lord and counter guardian Gamma Cavy
DF  Post #: 18
8/5/2017 0:34:28   
Vaalirus

Ah hell, GammyCavy I think you're on to something, but I didn't realize her gauntlets may have just been pure mana until now and she's not a fighter either so capturing her may be easy assuming Vitael doesn't have any other tricks up it hooves that will help in combat. My question to that however is what about a soul ally does for a weaver internally rather than just offering more protection, determining the element of the gauntlets, and other unique abilities they have on their own. What about Aeigs alignment does for us? What did Vaal's soul ally do for him other than providing him with a transcendence and the other power he could unleash.
DF  Post #: 19
8/5/2017 0:44:37   
GammaCavy

Vaalirus, I don't have those answers. I hope this new develoment will give us some more hints though.
And one thing an Ally does that we do know... allow one to sense other Soulweavers and Elemental Spirits, and feel spirit-shockwaves, which we know from Greed's debut. As for what Aegis' alingment has done for us? I suspect it's why we've survived Jaania's ice so intact. She imprisoned Xan the ever burning, and Warlic the half infernal. We're human, and unlike the ice that bound her, we don't seem to have been awake and aware. But we were just a little chilly when we broke out. I think Aegis allows his Weaver to survive extreme cold and ice.
DF  Post #: 20
8/5/2017 0:55:42   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Nah, you don't have to do it again. His HP and damage are also quite a bit undertuned, but hey, some fights are gonna be easier than others.
AQ MQ  Post #: 21
8/5/2017 0:57:52   
GammaCavy

Thanks Verlyrus. I really appreciate that.
DF  Post #: 22
8/5/2017 0:58:20   
Vaalirus

Well I figured we'd get more ice resistance, but I was hoping with this revelation we'd get a little bit more out of him because thus far he's seems to be on the receiving end of the benefits with the whole getting stronger because we were frozen the only other thing he has is valor and we already got that covere- and I just realized something we were told a long time ago.
DF  Post #: 23
8/5/2017 1:05:27   
GammaCavy

I hope we will too. So far, ice resistance is the only thing confirmed though.
DF  Post #: 24
8/5/2017 1:21:19   
Dark Lord Urmi

ok..after the rose and the thorns are dealt with we need to find these shards and consume them ourselves because they are becoming a nuisance.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition