Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2017 1:33:14   
Vaalirus

@Dark Lord Urmi
I think that might just make us explode or crumble into ash like Drakath almost did.
DF  Post #: 26
8/5/2017 1:42:44   
RKC

Wow this is one short release. But yah it was good
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/5/2017 1:59:37   
Nifertx

Enough lurking for me.
Anyway, today's release was short but sweet, and opened up a few questions: Who is this "someone" the Hero knows? Why is Belle totally fine? Why are the manaphages STILL this ridiculously strong?
Seriously, my first try on this, and I was reminded quickly why the stun skill was useful after being powderized.
DF  Post #: 28
8/5/2017 2:36:43   
FriendOfAFriend

Belle interests me greatly, although she is tiptoeing the fine line of 'super interesting character' to 'mary sue'. Crossing my finger she stays on the former side of the line :P

Anyways, good quest. Love how Akanthus isn't leading the Thorns, he just isn't telling Jaania about them. You know, nobody should blame him for this. Supposedly for whatever reason (I forget what it was) nobody is even allowed to tell Jaania about the Thorns or else bad things would happen, so Akanthus not saying anything is officially not-evil and I better not see anyone critique him for this action. I was so prepped to roll my eyes when The Hero asked if Akanthus ran the Thorns at any rate.

Man that is such a relief.

Anyways, Theano is hilariously evil. I love the guy. Wonder who he's gonna bring back.
Post #: 29
8/5/2017 3:07:43   
Silver Sky Magician

quote:

Wonder who he's gonna bring back.

Must be Caitiff, what other dead character could be as evil as him?
Epic  Post #: 30
8/5/2017 3:17:30   
Vaalirus

@FriendOfAFriend

But that's just it what bad things are going to happen if Jaania finds out about the Thorn? Is it going to come from Jaania herself or the people? I know you don't have the answers, but keeping her ignorant of this splinter group this really really bad splinter group is rubbing me the wrong way at the moment until we know more
DF  Post #: 31
8/5/2017 4:14:40   
UltimateDoomKnight

Seriously? A Shard of the Ultimate Orb?... Well, looks like the battle against the thorns will be a tough one and there is one question.
We now know Akanthus isn't the one who leads the thorns but, as Magus Neron said, the Rose has two sides.
If the "good" side of the Rose found out about their treachery how would it turn out and when would it most likely to happen?
If Theono has got a shard of the Ultimate Orb he might be planing something big. He might be after the others as well, who knows.
If that's the case then we need to find another way to stop him before, if it happens, he recreates it or find another source to end magic and turn the world into the Rose.
With the Ultimate Orb, if he seeks to recreate it, he might even plan to build an army of those machines and other kinds of threats, stronger than ever, to leech a larger,if not infinitely, amount of mana and maybe, just maybe, be the only magic user left and then he could easily wipe out anyone who stands in his way.
Well, if we had the Ultimate Orb we could use it for good, to restore some things the way they were and make peace with the Rose, showing them that magic itself isn't evil. It's a important piece of life. It is the user of it and his/her/it's intentions that matters.
Something to notify to is that the Ultimate Orb is of magic as well so if the Rose learns this they might get another perspective on magic.
Maybe they will finally learn that a world without magic is almost like cutting life itself down to half, making it incomplete and half-real... In Lore, I mean.

Also, the boss can be a challenge, for both non-DA holders and DA-holders alike considering the powerful buffs he has but is no match for a DoomKnight!
It's a bit of a shame to have a small release. To be honest, I thought there would have been more.

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 8/5/2017 4:27:00 >
Post #: 32
8/5/2017 5:01:39   
Greyor_42

@ultimatedoomknight

quote:

If Theono has got a shard of the Ultimate Orb he might be planing something big. He might be after the others as well, who knows.
If that's the case then we need to find another way to stop him before, if it happens, he recreates it or find another source to end magic and turn the world into the Rose.
With the Ultimate Orb, if he seeks to recreate it, he might even plan to build an army of those machines and other kinds of threats, stronger than ever, to leech a larger,if not infinitely, amount of mana and maybe, just maybe, be the only magic user left and then he could easily wipe out anyone who stands in his way.

we already know theano's plan, though. the resurrection spell. and i'm pretty sure he only needs the one ultimate shard for that.besides, based on his actions so far, he's not interested in ending magic. besides, it's pretty much canon that no human can withstand the power from the ultimate orb, considering drakath had to merge with fluffy to even stay in one piece after holding it for the short period of time he did. and even WE, with all the power boosts we got from the orbs we had retrieved, could barely hold onto the deus ex porkina for a few moments before relinquishing it over to our dragon so that they could primalize with it.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/5/2017 5:02:20 >
DF  Post #: 33
8/5/2017 5:07:36   
UltimateDoomKnight

@Greyor_42 We don't know WHAT he will do with the resurrection spell and a shard of the Ultimate Orb is not nearly enough to resurrect anyone which has been mentioned in the previous quests. We don't know what else he might plan that hasn't been mentioned yet, that is why I used the words maybes and ifs in my theories.
The Ultimate Orb has so much life in itself, so much that humans cannot withstand it's power... yet.
And if the Rose could learn to control magic entirely, even doom, then maybe they eventually would learn to control the Ultimate Orb's power although not alone.

Besides, I guess the only human who could control such power or be even close to do so would be Akira since he had mastered the power of chi.
Also, ending magic does not necesseraily means that they will destroy it but simply control it. At least from what we have heard from the Rose so far and it might only be one side, the other side might have another opinion.

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 8/5/2017 5:27:42 >
Post #: 34
8/5/2017 5:30:18   
Greyor_42

@ultimatedoomknight

quote:

Elder: Like I said, no one knows if it actually works. It requires way too much mana and life force for anyone to try to perform.
Elder: It would take a very powerful magical artifact and a lot of people to pull it off, and even then it might not work.

a shard of the ultimate orb the size that theano took is plenty for a "powerful artifact". especially based on belle's reaction:

quote:

Belle: A very powerful, magical artifact... oh no...
<Character>: Belle? What is it?
Belle: I think... I know where they might be headed...

considering the fact that she was correct, it's very clear that theano has all he needs artifact-wise now. and he's set for mana as well, thanks to the manaphages. heck, he ecen has that large amount of life force for it as well: his subordinates are readily available as sacrifices. as for what he'll do with the spell, based on his dialogue when reading the scroll it's on, it's most likely a person he cared about, or was close to in some way:

quote:

Theano: Soon... Soon we will be together again...

either way, reforging the ultimate orb is impossible for two reasons: one, we own one of the shards and turned it into a weapon. two, there are far too many shards that are all various sizes, to be able to gather them all to recreate it(some of the shards are confirmed by word of god to only be the size of a grain of sand).
DF  Post #: 35
8/5/2017 5:42:06   
UltimateDoomKnight

@Greyor_42 You underestimate the skill and abilities of the Rose. We have no idea what they might be capable of, they are focused on entire Lore itself, everything that has to do with magic. And Lore is a big place, you never know what they might find.
Again, what I've said are only theories which means that they are not confirmed, no need for you to get so upset.

EDIT: @Kyros127 Dunno, I don't think that there are any Prime Shards of the Orb, just shards and more shards. xD

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 8/5/2017 9:23:31 >
Post #: 36
8/5/2017 6:26:51   
Kyros127

I wonder.....

Was the shard that Theano stole one of the Prime Shards or was it just a regular Ultimate Orb shard?

And if it was a Prime Shard which element does it embody?

< Message edited by Kyros127 -- 8/5/2017 6:28:36 >
Post #: 37
8/5/2017 7:31:19   
Mylorite

I looked up some of Belle's dialogue from a previous quest, and had to laugh.

"I'm a Soulweaver, we are artisans, not fighters."

My character is a Soulweaver too, and I haven't seen her craft anything but mayhem, yet. :D
Post #: 38
8/5/2017 7:37:29   
mahasamatman

My bet is that the 'someone' is Warlic.

Belle was from the western continent right? So Maybe she is somehow connected to the mana core. Or she's Warlic's daughter or something.

Thought: Aren't the manaphages the perfect solution to Warlic's problem? They'll allow him to cast spells all he wants without exploding again.
Edit: I didn't actually think it'll allow him to cast infinite spells, since they do overload. It'll just help.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 8/5/2017 10:16:16 >
DF  Post #: 39
8/5/2017 7:48:54   
UltimateDoomKnight

@mahasamatman The thing about the manaphages is that if they consume too much mana they will overload, it won't prevent Warlic from exploding. It will only increase the distance, so to speak.
Since he is so powerful that he can explode means that his human form cannot generate much mana without risking it.
But it was a good thought though, maybe Warlic will find a way in the end.

EDIT: I just hope that his experience of destroying a world of the Atealans as Wargoth doesn't put him into a consideration that will cost him all of his magic.

EDIT 2: I know, I'm just saying because Warlic is very much limited in his human form and the manaphagess' purpose is to drain mana from their victims.
It would require a lot of them in that case but perhaps it would be needed if Warlic would have to unleash a powerful spell whenever necessary.
It would be interesting if Warlic could find a way to learn to control himself and then assume a form, while disciplined, which allows him to cast more spells.

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 8/5/2017 11:23:33 >
Post #: 40
8/5/2017 9:37:24   
Dark Lord Urmi

Vaalirus ah but he used the ENTIRE orb all at once we are attuned to it slightly over time and with more orb influence we could very well control the power piece by piece

besides we don't know what the question mark the macrophages had over us means yet we could very well be a magical anomaly that can handle that power at the start and i don't think the sword that absorbed that large shard was tougher than we are (we could also just put it into a weapon just as long as it's in our possession)

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 8/5/2017 9:39:45 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 41
8/5/2017 11:44:09   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

but keeping her ignorant of this splinter group this really really bad splinter group is rubbing me the wrong way at the moment until we know more

It was said in the last quest (or the one before) that it would be bad to tell Jaania. So really Akanthus not telling Jaania is the right thing to do, intentions aside. I'm not gonna budge on this because it still rubbed me the wrong way how Jaania was practically absolved of any smidgen of fault for the Thorns.
---

I hope the question mark over us when the manaphages scanned us was more 'we're stupidly OP' rather than 'oh for RP reasons we can't give you a magic number in case you play a 'weak mage' character'. Part of me just wants our Hero to not be overshadowed by the side characters...constantly...
Post #: 42
8/5/2017 11:48:16   
lastspartan

Super easy boss fight, the boss didn't have the heal ability.
Post #: 43
8/5/2017 12:57:25   
dark garuda

Aww man, I have to re-complete Enigmatic Epidemic first.

Edit: And Dark Devices too?! Come on!

< Message edited by dark garuda -- 8/5/2017 12:58:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/5/2017 13:24:31   
Kaizoku

Two shot the boss with Raging Dragon, looking forward to more of this Soulweaver.
AQ DF  Post #: 45
8/5/2017 13:34:25   
Greyor_42

@mylorite

you have to remember, as soulweavers, the hero and tomix are oddities. by nature, a sulweaver is SUPPOSED to be an artisan more than they are a fighter. heck, tomix the staff member has actually stated that if it wasn't for our soul ally being aegis, we'd be a chaosweaver. so belle's statement about her being an artisan and not a fighter is actually completely accurate.
DF  Post #: 46
8/5/2017 13:41:03   
Alamiran

@FOAF
quote:

<Character>: You're right. Well, we should at least let Jaania know about the Thorn.
Belle: No. If Jaania finds out, Akanthus will find out as well, and the rest will get away.
Belle: We will never be able to stop them then.

This is the reason we couldn't tell Jaania. If we did, Akanthus would help them get away with it. Belle didn't know that Akanthus knew about the Thorns.

quote:

Part of me just wants our Hero to not be overshadowed by the side characters...constantly...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
8/5/2017 14:01:09   
GammaCavy

quote:

so belle's statement about her being an artisan and not a fighter is actually completely accurate.

Riiight. *Smiles slowly.* An artisan who just happens to weave with pure magic. Artisan indeed, but a simple weaver of souls? No. I'll be waiting to see if Vitael is indeed an elemental spirit attuned to magic.
DF  Post #: 48
8/5/2017 14:24:21   
rater202

See. What did I say? We leave far to many magical artifacts left over from our adventures just lying around.

As soon as we get some free time, we need to talk Warlic/Lim/Cycero/Some other fourth person into helping us cook up a way to track down pieces of the Ultimate Orb and gather up as many pieces as we can specifically so that this kind of thing doesn't happen.
AQ DF  Post #: 49
8/5/2017 15:17:40   
FriendOfAFriend

@Ala: Then I retract my previous statement :P

quote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Sometimes it just feels like almost every side character is ending up better than our Hero :P Obviously I don't want us to be God but it'd be nice to just be 'the best' at something rather than just purely 'pretty good at everything but everyone is better' if that makes sense.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition