Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2017 18:32:20   
Alamiran

@Above Well, we were better at
spoiler:

killing Caitiff.
I'd actually say the Hero is stronger than any of their friends, or at least the ones from the Black Winter war, considering they were the one closest to standing after the first fight in "Calamity". It's just that Artix is better at slaying undead, Galanoth is better at slaying dragons, Tomix is better at soulweaving, Nythera is better at void magic, Alz'ein is better at riftwalking etc. Oh, and Dove is better at punch-healing people (Should I ad a SPOILER tag?) So it's basically just that most of the others are better at their particular field, while the Hero is generally the best fighter, and probably the best dragonlord as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
8/5/2017 18:52:41   
Frigus

spoiler:

Got to admit that punching that smug jerk's face it was enjoyable. While I think the Guardian Order is incompetent and needs a major overhaul, I think carrying the shards is better than letting the likes of Jaania handle them. Who knows how much damage she can do to Lore's mana core with that thing.
Post #: 52
8/5/2017 19:05:36   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

So since we beaten up Theanos second set of followers...did the guardians tie up the rose members?
Also when will the willowshire tower be updated with the new layout?
DF  Post #: 53
8/5/2017 19:40:18   
GammaCavy

well lurk, the guardians are competent. We dealt with one group, and they had enough numbers to face the other half.
Ala's right. The Hero is the one who is good at everything, but has too many fields to be utterly perfect at each one. Also my headcanon is that the Hero has better endurance than anyone else, with all the running around we do.
DF  Post #: 54
8/5/2017 19:59:49   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

honestly, i don't think that the hero's endurance so much headcanon as it is just...canon....
DF  Post #: 55
8/5/2017 20:37:08   
GammaCavy

Well, it's never been officially confirmed, just implied strongly several times. But yeah, I misstyped. The painkillers for my twisted ankle are making my head foggy.
DF  Post #: 56
8/6/2017 0:51:24   
Han Draco Rokan

spoiler:

Why is there a non-humanoid SoulAlly? Can we assume that it was a non-humanoid weaver like Magenta before death?

Imagine a world without weaving... Will we ever meet?
DF  Post #: 57
8/6/2017 1:15:52   
Flabagast

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I'm really glad Willowshire and the Earth Tower are still standing. This means Oaklore, Sunbreeze Grove, Duat and Doomwood/Amitivayle/Moonridge may also be in decent shape after the Black Winter War.

And I also think Gammacavy's theory has some real merit. Although, I still find it a little weird that even though Belle may have access to some near-infinite reservoir of mana due to Viteal's alignment, she still managed to blow up three manaphages instantly, while a nexus only overcharged them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
8/6/2017 1:21:01   
Shiny_Underpants

I like that the quests are short (especially since that means we get quests on schedule), but they seem excessively cut. The dialogue at the moment has been compressed into too small a space; thus Theano seems incompetent (for letting things slip so easily), and Belle and the Hero are giving each other a lot of exposition.
There still isn't much insight to Belle's personality, or why the Hero is so trusting of her. An exchange involving more back and forth dialogue would help with those aspects. We know what she is, and what she knows, but we still don't really know who she is. I suspect this is what inclines people to think she is a Mary Sue (though I disagree with that).

Theano seems to be able to predict the Hero very easily, indicating some level of intelligence, but it also seems as though he's being made fun of. I feel as though he should be more threatening, make the playerbase feel a little on-edge around him. He is a thorn, after all.

Distractions aside, it was fairly interesting at its core. Would the connection between the rainbow colouring of the shard and Vitael be pure coincidence?

Is Vitael Belle's original soulally? What exactly was the nature of her forbidden magic? (white hair+ orange eyes= forbidden magic)

It's also nice to finally see Ragsrun's artwork being put to use (speaking of which, what did happen with Ragsrun? I gather she's still technically a volunteer, but...)

quote:

~original: @Dark Lord Urmi
i don't think the sword that absorbed that large shard was tougher than we are (we could also just put it into a weapon just as long as it's in our possession)

Sword: 3000 cubic centimetres of high quality steel (which would weigh about 24 kilograms, but hey, it's fantasy, maybe Rose steel is low density)
Hero: 70 kilograms of mushy human flesh.
If anyone reading this is not sure which is stronger, consider which one is designed to break the other.
(on a more serious note, we already do have weapons imbued with shards of the Ultimate Orb.)

I see a plot twist coming in the next one or two quests. I'm calling it now.
Edit: @Alamiran-- I have no signature :)

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 8/6/2017 3:25:38 >
DF MQ  Post #: 59
8/6/2017 1:41:23   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

We know what she is, and what she knows, but we still don't really know who she is. I suspect this is what inclines people to think she is a Mary Sue (though I disagree with that).

This is pretty much the case. I'll be totally fine with her once we know more about her XD

And on Theano, I actually really enjoy him, albeit I do think he's kinda incompetent. I like his potential I guess :P
Post #: 60
8/6/2017 2:24:33   
Alamiran

quote:

quote:

i don't think the sword that absorbed that large shard was tougher than we are (we could also just put it into a weapon just as long as it's in our possession)

Sword: 3000 cubic centimetres of high quality steel (which would weigh about 24 kilograms, but hey, it's fantasy, maybe Rose steel is low density)
If anyone reading this is not sure which is stronger, consider which one is designed to break the other.
(on a more serious note, we already do have weapons imbued with shards of the Ultimate Orb.)

I see a plot twist coming in the next one or two quests. I'm calling it now.

Actually word of demigod (Ash) has stated that if the Hero resonates with (or eats/absorbs) too many powerful magical items, his/her power would eventually reach a point where it, like Warlic's, is too much for the body to handle, meaning that it would risk overloading, just like Warlic (just with less destructive/personality splitting consequences). One or two more artifacts wouldn't hurt, but the Hero is approaching his/her limit. (Though if we become a Fleshweaver... then we could probably devour souls, to enable ourselves to control more power, like how
spoiler:

Roirr could control the Mana core piece.)

@Shiny By the way, is that last line your signature?
Edit: Oh, okay. Then how do you make that horizontal line in your post?

< Message edited by Alamiran -- 8/6/2017 3:51:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
8/6/2017 2:45:33   
rater202

@Alamiran
spoiler:

Riorr couldn't control the piece though, it made him go cuckoo.

Honestly though, if the Hero is going to absorb any more power from an Artifact, I'd rather it be something that the Hero could get a relatively big boost from, something where a little bit goes a long way. The hero already has power from the Orbs, including the Ultimate Orb(which catalyzed the power from the others) via a fragment. I'm not sure the hero touching another fragment would do much if anything. At best, it's using up valuable space in the Hero's soul/body for little gain. Or it just doesn't give us anymore because we already have a touch of its power in us.

Either make the Hero's body stronger and more able to hold and use the power we've already got, or give us and out dragon a power boost from something other than the orbs. I'd prefer that over just getting more power from artifacts we've already tapped.

Since this is one of the topics of discussion, apparently.

< Message edited by rater202 -- 8/6/2017 2:46:11 >
AQ DF  Post #: 62
8/6/2017 3:33:58   
Dark Lord Urmi

joking aside Shiny_Underpants i'm pretty sure the hero could shatter a sword.

@Alamiran i did not think of that...time to update my head canon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
8/6/2017 4:05:58   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

quote:

quote:

quote:

yeah, this statement only works in the real world. you also have to consider the kind of stuff that the hero has tanked with their "mushy human flesh", like, you know, wargoth(who, by the way, i'm pretty sure could shatter that sword with little more than a flick of his wrist)? at that point, it doesn't really matter what quality the steel of the sword attacking us is anymore. it's simply not going to do that much. even WITH the ultimate orb shard absorbed into it. since we have the power of NINE orbs boosting us, as well as having grown in power aside from the orbs as well.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/6/2017 4:06:25 >
DF  Post #: 64
8/6/2017 4:59:02   
Alamiran

@Above And don't forget that the Hero has become attuned to all the five gates in the True Mortal saga (We haven't seen it yet, but we can know pretty certainly that it happened). This makes him/her even stronger.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
8/6/2017 5:27:54   
Shiny_Underpants

Well FriendOfAFriend, it appears you have your wish.
quote:

Part of me just wants our Hero to not be overshadowed by the side characters...constantly...

So our very flesh is cut resistant. Apparently we can shatter a ballistic grade sword.
That definitely puts us above the likes of, say... everyone.
Including Sepulchure.

Before we go full AQW with the Hero's strength, bear in mind that the circumstances were different in those cases.
The Hero was wearing armour; remember that this is the strength of the Hero alone, compared to the sword.
Wargoth did hammer the Hero when he wasn't being mentally attacked by Jaania and Xan.
And I'm not entirely sure attunement to nine orbs would actually help prevent the Hero overloading from the Ultimate Orb. If anything, it could speed up the process...

@Alamiran
"hr" surrounded by square brackets produces the horizontal line.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 8/6/2017 7:04:31 >
DF MQ  Post #: 66
8/6/2017 8:59:01   
Baron Dante

quote:

So our very flesh is cut resistant. Apparently we can shatter a ballistic grade sword.
That definitely puts us above the likes of, say... everyone.
Including Sepulchure.

I'm not entirely sold on that.
Have we gotten stabbed by the NBoD?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/6/2017 9:23:56   
Timsii

I'm really curious as to who Theano really is.. This release gave me a slugwrath kinda vibe about him. He's so... complacent. "Of course it was a good idea, I did it". He acts so high and almighty, just as Drakath did in his claim to the throne. Of course this is just a feeling, that and the ultimate orb. Of course there is nothing whatsoever that would relate Theano to Drakath. But with the shard of the ultimate orb -- drakath was fused with it, wasn't he? Maybe he's trying to revive him.

Just some speculation...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
8/6/2017 9:26:40   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Someone should write a Theano x Drakath fanfic. In fact the next Heroes' Hearts Day should feature bizarre pairings in an alternate universe.
Epic  Post #: 69
8/6/2017 9:31:56   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Brilliant :D
Post #: 70
8/6/2017 16:29:20   
LurkBlackSmith

So since we found out that there's a good amount of ultimate orb shards leftover.....shouldn't we place a artificial version made out of hunted dungeon elemental crystallized essences from our inventory to replace with a explosive spell added in as a trap? While making a good amount of money to create tiny versions(non-explosive) for the guardians to imbue to their guardian sword for a fall back defensive shield?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 8/7/2017 0:33:41 >
DF  Post #: 71
8/6/2017 21:25:14   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Ultimate Orb-imbued Nitroglycerin Sponge Catapult? We could probably hit the Magisterium from Greenguard with that.
Epic  Post #: 72
8/6/2017 23:24:19   
Vaalirus

^ Bah that's wasted potential I say we throw it at Zorbak >:)
DF  Post #: 73
8/8/2017 0:54:58   
GammaCavy

quote:

Ultimate Orb-imbued Nitroglycerin Sponge Catapult? We could probably hit the Magisterium from Greenguard with that.

Try Shinining Divine(blessed by Zeuster) DESTINY Catatank with Ultimate orb infused Nyrtoglyceryn ammo.
Ka-BOOM! They had a date with DESTINY!
DF  Post #: 74
8/8/2017 1:02:51   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

quote:

Try Shinining Divine(blessed by Zeuster) DESTINY Catatank with Ultimate orb infused Nyrtoglyceryn ammo.
Ka-BOOM! They had a date with DESTINY!

don't forget the rapid-fire modification.
DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition