Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2017 5:41:24   
Kyros127

@above

quote:

@gammacavy

quote:

Try Shinining Divine(blessed by Zeuster) DESTINY Catatank with Ultimate orb infused Nyrtoglyceryn ammo.
Ka-BOOM! They had a date with DESTINY!

don't forget the rapid-fire modification.

You know, we really shouldn't give Cysero any ideas guys.
Post #: 76
8/8/2017 5:45:24   
Kashlikaro

Personal Headcanons: The Hero thinks that Theano's second rate. Master SoulWeaver's attacks are just too fun to not RP. Incoming RP!

spoiler:

Hero: "Really. You smashed your way through Willowshire as it was still reeling from Caitiff, murdered a bunch of innocent people, and now you think you can stop me with a tiny shard of the Ultimate Orb. The artifact whose pieces that I spent years travelling the four corners of the continent to find, the artifact that was created seconds before I could stop it, the artifact that was absorbed by a powerful Darkness spirit in its entirety, and merged with the sword of a Doom Knight. The same artifact that didn't stop me nor my Dragon - which as you're probably aware is the Avatar of Destruction - from tearing a Sun-devouring Dragon apart and scattering its essence to the nine winds. And you think a tiny piece of that is going to be enough to stop me."

Battle Start!

Hero: "(Aegis. Begin Synchronization.)" Aegis smirks as the Hero's Souls speaks to him in lieu of verbal speech, and the Hero's body begins to noticeably shimmer. Aegis: (We're really going all out?) Theano responds by using the powers of the Shard to enhance his abilities.
Hero: "Well, I suppose you're seriously doing this. (Aegis. Shield.)" Aegis wordlessly responds. Oh, Theano? Another problem with your plan: You're not the only one who can call on the Orb's power." The Hero uses Elemental Unity, blasting Theano with the power of the united Elements, but Theano maintains his ground. He charges at the Hero, his sword singing through the air, slightly slowed by the lingering hostile energies of the Elements. The Hero doesn't bother moving. The sword meets an invisible shield, causing Theano to recoil backwards, steadying himself, and once again empowers himself with the Shard.
Hero: "Say, do you know what a Destiny weapon is?" Theano barely reacts, but his eyes widen for a moment as the Hero's Soul Claws take on a brilliant light - he, almost unfortunately, does. Just like that, the Hero vanishes from his original standing position, as Theano readies his Shard-infused shields. But it's not fast enough - a Soul Clawed fist meets his face, and he sails through the hall, colliding with the wall. He steadies himself a moment early enough to avoid the brunt of Aegis' shield colliding into him, but a moment too late to fully avoid damage from the impact. He angrily swipes at the Elemental Spirit, his Shard-infused strike swinging true, causing a...minor scratch on the hostile Spirit, to Theano's chagrin.
The Hero speeds over to him to strike him again, but the shields react, stopping the Hero's strikes. Theano notices that the Hero isn't bothered by this as Aegis' whips up a blizzard in the room, freezing the Thorn leader in place moments after he struck the Hero, doing a disappointingly minor amount of harm. It's just after his legs are frozen in place and he's chilled to the bone that he noticing the Hero is glowing dangerously brightly and is...floating?
Hero: "Aegis?" The Elemental Spirit rushes behind, then through the Hero. "FIRE!". An intense beam of energy blazes through the hall, striking the shieldless Thorn leader in the chest and he's blasted through the hall, landing on his feet, but in no condition to fight.

Battle Over!

The battle actually did go exactly like that in terms of skill usage, Theano's damage, and fight length. Second-rate threat though, Amirite?
DF  Post #: 77
8/8/2017 13:19:31   
Fire alandry

@Kashlikaro
This description is awesome! I really liked it.. pls do more in the future;)
DF  Post #: 78
8/8/2017 18:00:36   
Kashlikaro

I have a whole slew of them at the ready. Tomix Saga finale fight dialogue would probably cover an entire page.
DF  Post #: 79
8/8/2017 21:12:41   
Greyor_42

@kashlikaro

personally, i agree with fire alandry. it would be super awesome if you did something like this for any boss fights in later releases.
DF  Post #: 80
8/8/2017 21:16:11   
ThatHeroGuy

Could we get Theano's haircut eventually? Dude may be evil but his hair is pretty fly, not gonna lie
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
8/8/2017 21:42:44   
GammaCavy

quote:

Hero: "Really. You smashed your way through Willowshire as it was still reeling from Caitiff, murdered a bunch of innocent people, and now you think you can stop me with a tiny shard of the Ultimate Orb. The artifact whose pieces that I spent years travelling the four corners of the continent to find, the artifact that was created seconds before I could stop it, the artifact that was absorbed by a powerful Darkness spirit in its entirety, and merged with the sword of a Doom Knight. The same artifact that didn't stop me nor my Dragon - which as you're probably aware is the Avatar of Destruction - from tearing a Sun-devouring Dragon apart and scattering its essence to the nine winds. And you think a tiny piece of that is going to be enough to stop me."

Battle Start!

Hero: "(Aegis. Begin Synchronization.)" Aegis smirks as the Hero's Souls speaks to him in lieu of verbal speech, and the Hero's body begins to noticeably shimmer. Aegis: (We're really going all out?) Theano responds by using the powers of the Shard to enhance his abilities.
Hero: "Well, I suppose you're seriously doing this. (Aegis. Shield.)" Aegis wordlessly responds. Oh, Theano? Another problem with your plan: You're not the only one who can call on the Orb's power." The Hero uses Elemental Unity, blasting Theano with the power of the united Elements, but Theano maintains his ground. He charges at the Hero, his sword singing through the air, slightly slowed by the lingering hostile energies of the Elements. The Hero doesn't bother moving. The sword meets an invisible shield, causing Theano to recoil backwards, steadying himself, and once again empowers himself with the Shard.
Hero: "Say, do you know what a Destiny weapon is?" Theano barely reacts, but his eyes widen for a moment as the Hero's Soul Claws take on a brilliant light - he, almost unfortunately, does. Just like that, the Hero vanishes from his original standing position, as Theano readies his Shard-infused shields. But it's not fast enough - a Soul Clawed fist meets his face, and he sails through the hall, colliding with the wall. He steadies himself a moment early enough to avoid the brunt of Aegis' shield colliding into him, but a moment too late to fully avoid damage from the impact. He angrily swipes at the Elemental Spirit, his Shard-infused strike swinging true, causing a...minor scratch on the hostile Spirit, to Theano's chagrin.
The Hero speeds over to him to strike him again, but the shields react, stopping the Hero's strikes. Theano notices that the Hero isn't bothered by this as Aegis' whips up a blizzard in the room, freezing the Thorn leader in place moments after he struck the Hero, doing a disappointingly minor amount of harm. It's just after his legs are frozen in place and he's chilled to the bone that he noticing the Hero is glowing dangerously brightly and is...floating?
Hero: "Aegis?" The Elemental Spirit rushes behind, then through the Hero. "FIRE!". An intense beam of energy blazes through the hall, striking the shieldless Thorn leader in the chest and he's blasted through the hall, landing on his feet, but in no condition to fight.

Battle Over!

Bwahaha! that's exactly how my battle with him went too!

Kyeros^
quote:

You know, we really shouldn't give Cysero any ideas guys.

It's a joke Greyor and I've been running since the last war, kyeros. We would try to come up with the most lethal weapon to the undead and DOOM things with what we had on hand, and decided on that. Now to get Lim and Voltabolt to build it for us.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 8/8/2017 22:19:30 >
DF  Post #: 82
8/11/2017 16:20:30   
lastspartan

Why is there no artifact together or be able to unlock after this quest? Just wondering :-D
Post #: 83
8/12/2017 10:50:31   
spirit of greed

The fight with Theano was so unsatisfying and meaningless. Not because he was an easy boss and i beat him so fast but rather because even after we beat him in gameplay he just beat us in storywise and escape. I hate when a game do this and Dragonfable is not an exception of this.
Sorry if i sound like a jerk but this Theano questline starting to really irritate me. The last two quest had literally the same ending (except the soulweaver girl and her soul ally? of course they were the only likable thing in this quest for me) Theano gets some ingredient for his spell, we try to stop him, we fight some bad guy, he laugh at us and we watch as he escapes,repeat. Let's be honest we all know that he will get all the ingredients for his spell and he will resurrect the person he wants so until then all the fighting is pointless to me :/

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 8/12/2017 10:53:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 84
8/12/2017 11:02:42   
Skyflakes

Perhaps Theano might be working with Amadeus and tries to resurrect his former self.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 85
8/13/2017 5:34:14   
Shiny_Underpants

I've found a quote that seems relevant to this discussion.
"The dramatist is fascinated by the inner life, the passions and sins, madness and dreams of the human heart. But not the comedy writer. He fixes on the social life - the idiocy, arrogance, and brutality in society."
~Robert Mckee, Story
Sourced from here, though I'd recommend the actual book (if you want every good film before its publication spoiled).

Theano's focus is on the social life aspects, making him seem somewhat bumbling (as indeed most powerful figures actually are, in my unbiased opinion). This form of characterisation is great for illuminating aspects about the character, but it doesn't inspire fear to know that Sepulchure once watched an episode of Friends on a particularly uneventful Sunday afternoon.
Sure, Theano's kind of gross, but that's all. No deeper feelings present themselves; he seems somewhat dispassionate, we see none of the cause of that (his dispassion has little logical basis; trying to revive someone is a very impassioned behaviour, and there'd be some conflict over this, for example...)
Belle is caring by default, but what aspects of her make her individual; not default.

Still, branching out is usually a good thing.

quote:

quote:

~original: @Shiny_Underpants
So our very flesh is cut resistant. Apparently we can shatter a ballistic grade sword.
That definitely puts us above the likes of, say... everyone.
Including Sepulchure.

~original: @Baron Dante
I'm not entirely sold on that.
Have we gotten stabbed by the NBoD?

I fought the Lore, and the Lore won.
DF MQ  Post #: 86
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 4th Design Notes: Artifact Heist!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition