Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

There's allot of 40s

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> There's allot of 40s
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2017 11:28:54   
ValkyrieXIV

:P Hey ED how about adding a option to fight non level 40s since there's plenty of them to fight amongst themselves. What'daya say give us non 40s a chance. Ain't easy fighting someone 40 rank 2000 you know as 38 you know?
Post #: 1
8/8/2017 14:28:07   
One Winged Angel1357

It's been suggested a few times to lock the cap level players to their own match making pool but it's always met some kind of community resistance about losing free wins or something. So instead the EXP curve was finally adjusted to reduce the grind but it's a case of too little too late
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/9/2017 9:28:45   
hello there

It won't happen for 2 reasons

1) hardly anyone plays anymore I'd say 70% plus are all level 40 probably much higher remove them no one else would get games

2) The 40s don't want to win due to skill, They'd rather fight fights that were pretty much other as long as both sides participated before they began (free wins) They don't want to use skill to win , They want free wins , Juggernaut is the prime example, Everyone knows a really bad player could win in jugger, A jugger win means the person is just seeking free wins and not very skilled, Yet you cannot 2v2 due to juggers anymore....

I completely agree with your suggestion , And agree with OWA it should have happened long ago, To little to late now

Just telling you why it won't happen regardless of the fact it should.
Post #: 3
8/9/2017 11:23:04   
Mother1

@ Hello there

I think you missed one fact.

3) The staff barely even touches this game anymore. They have been ordered by AE to work on AQ3D along with the other staff members of the other games to make it work so even if this suggestion was the best thing it wouldn't happen due to the staff not being here to do it.

But even with this suggestion it still would cause other balance issues. I feel a better suggestion to fix this would be the following two suggestions.

1) Separate the ranked players into brackets.

38 - 40 rank 5
40 rank 16 - 40 rank 26
40 rank 27 - 40 rank 37

and so forth for example

reason being is because even with this suggestion being added it would put low ranked players at the mercy of higher ranked ones even if the gap is indeed smaller it still would be doing this.

2) Add NPC to reach up to level 40

I say add this to it because with number one being added it would isolate players even more making it harder to find a battle. With NPC compensating for wait times it would make it so no one would have to wait forever for a fight.

Epic  Post #: 4
8/11/2017 17:25:28   
hello there

Your argument would work about the staff being elsewhere except level cap players farming lower levels 4-5 levels lower then them has been a issue since beta - best part of a decade

This could of been fixed long ago...
Post #: 5
8/11/2017 21:57:20   
Mother1

@ hello there

Back in the older phases the staff didn't want to isolate players and make wait times too long which was why they made the gap in the first place but I am guessing you already knew this. Plus ironically it wasn't even levels gaps that got the first range cut for cap level players. It was guess what Ranks that did this.

Heck even the OP here isn't complaining to get the gap cut because of levels but rather the ranks that come with them which surprisingly aren't anywhere near as powerful individually at levels are. Heck I am willing to bet had the staff never made ranks give power they would have never even cut the cap level players playing range to begin with.

BTW this isn't me not supporting this but rather just stating a sad fact since as I pointed out Ranks are what caused level 40's to get their range cut to begin with.

But as my other part of my post explains lets say they did that. Then low ranked 40's would be the next victims seeing as they would have to deal with high ranked 40's and while this isn't as bad as non capped level players the power difference will still be there.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/12/2017 12:53:30   
One Winged Angel1357

You contain problems to isolate the number of factors that need to be fixed. Had cap players been isolated at times when server numbers were high it would have addressed the issue that cap players were often levels higher than non cap players due to curve for weapon stats being frankly ridiculously steep from one max level increase to the next until Omega standardized stat pools per level.

The cap pool would have also lead to a decrease in players quitting near the cap due to the players no longer being a cap players punching bag. This would have lead to more players entering the cap pool to keep wait times down as well as shifted the meta from builds that do exceptionally well in blitzing free wins to a more competitive one, well as competitive as you could get in the depths of P2W we had.

So the argument of increased wait times is a short sighted one at best

Edit: This is a total aside and just hearkening back to my old work here but allot is a real word, unlike alot, but it means to give an amount of something. You allot money from your paycheck for bills being an example. It is just one of those things that a real word looks very close to something we say a lot so the misspelling just became very common in American English if not all forms of English

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 8/13/2017 1:10:22 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> There's allot of 40s
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition