Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Belle (SPOILERS!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Belle (SPOILERS!)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2017 6:34:12   
Christophoses
AQW Release Tester & Lore Connoisseur

So who/what do you think Belle is? I assume we have a couple more weeks before we see the next part of The Thorn saga, so there's an ample amount of time to theorize.

----

Usually, there's something about a weaver's appearance that will give away their elemental attunement. These factors can be the color of their Soul Looms, the color or appearance of their weapon, and/or the color and appearance of their SoulAlly. The Hero doesn't count due to gameplay mechanics, but Aegis, who is attuned to Ice, appears as light blue. Tomix had purple Soul Looms which were the color for Good/Evil/Bacon/???. Out of all of those elements, he was attuned to Evil. This was also reflected in Aspar's coloring, which also happened to be purple. Vaal seems to have been attuned to Fire, due to the elemental damage he deals in the Murky Halls quest while using Transcendence. His attunement to Fire is also reflected in Alraira's red coloring as part of her color scheme.

Based on the trend of a Soul Ally's color representing the elemental attunement of their Weaver, I believe that Belle is attuned to pure Mana based on Vitael's appearance. First, Vitael has that cosmic, Mana pattern on its head and legs. Almost all of the pure Mana beings in DF feature that pattern. Additionally, Vitael is the only non-humanoid SoulAlly that we've seen and seems to be a Kirin-like creature. This doesn't necessarily indicate that Belle is attuned to pure Mana or that there aren't any other non-humanoid SoulAllies out there, but I would assume that if there is some significance to Vitael's form it is exclusive to extremely powerful beings, like those who are attuned or composed of pure Mana, for example. Second, if Belle was able to overload a Manaphage she either has to have a crazy high Mana supply or be a being of Mana herself.

I have an alternative theory, though, due to my initial theory not being 100% solid. My alternative is that Soulweavers, in general, have a very high magic supply and cannot be crippled by Manapahges. As for Vitael's elemental alignment, it could also be attuned to Light, based on its body's color scheme primarily being made up of a light yellow, which tends to represent Light in DF.

Thoughts?

< Message edited by Christophoses -- 8/11/2017 6:42:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/11/2017 7:15:52   
mahasamatman

I thought about the "all soulweavers can do this" option, but you could've done the manaphage quest as a soulweaver without it happening, and the Hero is canonically a soulweaver.
I also doubt it's because of Vitael. Sure, Vitael had an unusual appearance, but unless Vitael really is a mana spirit (which is possible, but unlikely), I can't see how it would have any effect. However, I'd also like to note that vita means life, which could also be a hint.
There is also the option of something unique to belle herself. She might be connected to the mana core somehow (IIRC she's from the western continent), or maybe she's Warlic's secret daughter or something, IDK.

So... No real conclusions I'm afraid, other than probably ruling out all the "all soulweavers" theory.

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 2
8/11/2017 8:25:34   
Shiny_Underpants

Or it could be an attunement to space magic, thereby explaining both the color scheme and ability to overload the phages.
Bear in mind that Vitael was not apparently aware of the effects Belle would have on them.
If the attunement was pure mana, that would have been unsurprising; however if it were drawn from space, if would rely more on Belle's circular breathing ability, so to speak.

And Belle herself wouldn't have been surprised at the incident if she were aligned to a being of pure mana, which actually implies that the effect is something innate to Belle...
DF MQ  Post #: 3
8/11/2017 8:51:34   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

however, you have to remember that space magic doesn't use mana, so maoapahges wouldn't have even had an interest in her if she did have an attunement to it.

but, being attuned somehow to the mana core itself could explain why she would have such an absurdly high amount of mana reserves that it the manaphage's scanner showed her mana to go PAST the gauge limit by almost double.

quote:

And Belle herself wouldn't have been surprised at the incident if she were aligned to a being of pure mana, which actually implies that the effect is something innate to Belle...

actually, it can STILL be something surprising, as simply being alligned to a being of pure mana wouldn't necessarily allow for so much mana that she could instantly overload three manaphages into destruction. even a nexus couldn't do that, and i highly doubt that any elemental spirit would have access to more mana than a nexus(even secundus, who is arguably the most powerful of the spirits). besides, belle might not actually KNOW she's attuned directly to the mana core, so you can't really say it would be unsurprising. that's not something you can just know out of nowhere or easily figure out, i don't think.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/11/2017 8:52:15 >
DF  Post #: 4
8/11/2017 9:06:08   
lastspartan

Here's a theory she is Tomix secrecy sister.
Post #: 5
8/11/2017 9:23:17   
Shiny_Underpants

^White hair, orange eyes... I can see the resemblance now.

@Greyor_42
Manaphages seem quite primitive in their magic detection capabilities. They appear to have a propensity for absorbing excessive quantities of mana perhaps this self-destructive nature is indicative of the Manaphages deeper feelings, so it's no stretch to say that they would mistake different kinds of magic.
Space magic, or cosmic energy, has never been stated to not exist as mana; it is simply magic fro another source than the Core.

If the magic was of the wrong form, it's possible that the manaphages did not overload, but rather could not handle the type of energy flooding their system.

quote:

besides, belle might not actually KNOW she's attuned directly to the mana core, so you can't really say it would be unsurprising.

If it is merely Belle who is attuned to the Core, this would be true. However the speculation was that Vitael was attuned to the core; if you're the elemental spirit of pure mana, it's unlikely that you'd miss something like that.
DF MQ  Post #: 6
8/11/2017 9:47:48   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

quote:

Space magic, or cosmic energy, has never been stated to not exist as mana

actually, word of god has explicitly stated that ataelans(the primary users of space magic) use cosmic energy INSTEAD of mana, which very heavily implies that they are NOT the same thing. thus, it can be inferred that space magic doesn't use mana. i forget the exact quote, but it was a response made by ash when someone asked how ataelans use magic since they didn't have access to mana, and tomix has pretty much agreed with it. besides, manaphages were designed to drain mana specifically.

now, this quest actually supports another theory that has come up due to the differences in mana and cosmic energy. remeber, in dark devices, when they scanned the hero, their sensors were scrambled, and they hose to ignore them. one theory was that because they canonically have one of the ataelan base classes, they now use cosmic energy instead of mana, and the cosmic energy is what messed with their sensors.

quote:

However the speculation was that Vitael was attuned to the core; if you're the elemental spirit of pure mana, it's unlikely that you'd miss something like that.

actually, that WASN'T the speculation. christopheses was talking about BELLE'S attunement the entire time, and simply saying that vitael's APPEARANCE reflected that.

quote:

Usually, there's something about a weaver's appearance that will give away their elemental attunement. These factors can be the color of their Soul Looms, the color or appearance of their weapon, and/or the color and appearance of their SoulAlly.

I believe that Belle is attuned to pure Mana

Second, if Belle was able to overload a Manaphage she either has to have a crazy high Mana supply or be a being of Mana herself.

he was only using vitael as supporting evidence to his theory.
DF  Post #: 7
8/11/2017 15:55:00   
popinloopy

If Tomix can be attuned to Evil, is it possible Belle could be attuned to just pure Good? It would also go to describe the appearance/color scheme of Vitael. However, I DO like your theory of being mana, as Vitael's name is similar to the word "vital" which refers to something important or necessary. Mana can be considered necessary for many magical beings to exist, as well as just to keep the world in order and in balance. Plus, mana being vital would go well to compliment the theme of book 3.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/13/2017 0:35:31   
Samirasaid

I by what I realized Belle this synchronized with the Colors of Manacrest and Boleira / Roirr manacore, and the elements were all Fear, then he has the fear element, already the apathetic of Belle notice that it resembles the human Pandora
DF  Post #: 9
8/13/2017 7:50:57   
god of chaos

It could be that she is simply extremely gifted in the mana reserve department, with an extreme supply of it. I don't think the mages used to awaken the original manaphages in the first quest, or the core they drew from in that version were THAT amazing. Maybe Belle is particularly gifted? Maybe she is the descendant of some crazy powerful mage? Or perhaps she is part something? Like, an Infernal or the like?

< Message edited by god of chaos -- 8/13/2017 7:51:19 >
Post #: 10
8/13/2017 12:41:11   
Greyor_42

@god of chaos

quote:

It could be that she is simply extremely gifted in the mana reserve department, with an extreme supply of it. I don't think the mages used to awaken the original manaphages in the first quest, or the core they drew from in that version were THAT amazing.

see, the problem with that idea is that her mana reserve literally DWARFS THAT OF A NEXUS. you have to understand, we're not comparing her to the mages that woke the manaphages up, we're comparing her to the nexus from dark devices. where the manaphages overloaded on the mana from it, and got STRONGER. with bell, they overloaded, and instantly blew up. even the visuals from the mana scanner thing support that she somehow has access to MUCH more mana than even a nexus. and the ONLY thing that is like that is the mana core itself. thus, at the moment, the only logical explanation for how it happened is that belle is somehow connected directly to the core. we just don't know how.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/13/2017 12:42:49 >
DF  Post #: 11
8/13/2017 15:45:52   
Samirasaid

Or simply Belle is an Infernal mixed with human Weaver, as well as Warlic who also has unlimited mana and that is why he and she can not fight, because it can generate more mana resulting in another Wargoth Race to finish destroying LORE. Belle can have many years of life and eternal youth as well as the Warlic, and I believe the Hero will bring Belle to Warlic to better explain her case and the risks she may result if she spreads too much Mana.
DF  Post #: 12
8/13/2017 15:55:36   
Greyor_42

@samirasaid

quote:

Or simply Belle is an Infernal mixed with human Weaver, as well as Warlic who also has unlimited mana and that is why he and she can not fight, because it can generate more mana resulting in another Wargoth Race to finish destroying LORE.

there's nothing that would hint at belle being half infernal, though. besides, even if she WAS like warlic, then the manaphages wouldn't even notice her. warlic also doesn't have "unlimited mana". at default, he has NO mana. and the mana he's allowed to generate very much HAS a limit(as stated several times, and we even see the result of passing this limit with wargoth). however, it's very clearly shown that belle DOES have mana, and a LOT of it. more even than a nexus. so that alone pretty much proves that she isn't like warlic. besides, she never said she CAN'T fight. she just chooses not to BECAUSE she's a weaver:

quote:

Belle: You go. I'm a Soulweaver, we are artisans, not fighters.

note she said WE are not fighters, not "i can't fight". soulweaving is NOT primarilly a combat class. we are a unique case, since the combat aspect is all we were ever taught.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/13/2017 15:56:17 >
DF  Post #: 13
8/14/2017 0:24:15   
GammaCavy

I'm rather sure Belle weaves with the Mana element. Vitael's hooves and horns are a giveaway, as are the design of her Spirit Looms. We've seen a SW aligned with Good, and it didn't look anything like Belle's Spirit Looms do. Good shines white-gold fire, and sprouts dove's wings and hearts for a MSW.
DF  Post #: 14
8/16/2017 9:06:19   
Sakurai the Cursed

I think Vitael being a Spirit of Mana/Cosmic Energy, and as a result Belle being "attuned" to Mana/Cosmic Energy, is pretty obvious. The appearance of Vitael's head/hooves and Belle's looms are very distinct, they're only ever used for items/beings of Mana or things related to the Atealans, which make use of Cosmic Energy. It doesn't take a whole lot of detective work to add two and two together there, lol. As for Vitael's non-humanoid appearance, I can't say how rare it is but I do remember Tomix telling Ragsrun, back when she wasn't yet part of the team and was just drawing spirits for fun, that spirits need not be humanoid. Coincidentally, Vitael is actually one of her designs from like 3 years ago, just with the space/mana theme applied. :p

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 8/16/2017 9:07:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/18/2017 3:54:01   
Flabagast

^ Vitael was Ragsrun's old design? :O
That's news to me! I wonder if we'll see Ragsrun make a return anytime soon.

On a more related note, if Vitael is indeed an Elemental Spirit of pure mana, it makes me wonder what the circimstances of his death were. Unless we're wrong about the alignment of an Elemental Spirit being dependent on how they died as a weaver, perhaps a exceptionally large quantity of mana was involved. Something to do with the Fissure, or even the Mana Core itself maybe?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Belle (SPOILERS!)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition