Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2017 17:46:34   
Occavatra

ArchKnight
DF Pedia

quote:

Tomix:
Harboring an Alien!?

Hello there!

This week, we have for you a short, sweet quest.

A new... peculiar... request has been added to the Serene Inn's "Odd Jobs" board.

It's about a ship wreckage, deep within the waters of Falconreach's docks.

I recon it's worth checking out. Old, forgotten things often tell interesting stories.

Thorough search of this wreckage might prove... fruitful.

Also, Verlyrus has retouched the notify pop up system. Pop up notifications now last 4 times longer before fading, and can be dismissed by clicking on them.

Tags: Tomix

Tagged and ready for war.~Elryn

< Message edited by Elryn -- 8/11/2017 17:49:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/11/2017 18:06:45   
LouisCyphere

The new pop up system is definitely better than the previous one.
spoiler:

Looks like this one is a continuation of the Hidebehind quest or so it seems.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 8/11/2017 18:07:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/11/2017 18:15:45   
mahasamatman

It seems this quest was posted by the Weird Noble from the Gala. I hope we'll get to see him again.
DF  Post #: 3
8/11/2017 18:18:08   
Greyor_42

@louiscyphere

spoiler:

actually it's a reference to that one noblewoman from the gala, who wasn't.....all there in the head, exactly.

the flavor text on a lot of the background things were pretty fun. pretty decent quest.
DF  Post #: 4
8/11/2017 18:20:50   
LouisCyphere

But in one room, you can see it or how it appears in its own quest.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 8/11/2017 18:23:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/11/2017 18:44:53   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

I like how half of the things we saw we tried to connect to aliens, found some funny ones. I also find this pop up very interesting.
spoiler:

The request did mention The Rose. Maybe this note is to one of it's members? But if it is what war could they want information about?

DF AQW  Post #: 6
8/11/2017 18:49:59   
Lord Alsvinich

interesting Lore editions
spoiler:

"The war and the formation of the mana core"
Post #: 7
8/11/2017 18:59:14   
GammaCavy

I was more interested in the popup that spoke of elemental wastes.
DF  Post #: 8
8/11/2017 19:01:02   
Silver Sky Magician

Regarding the note that says 'the war and the formation of the mana core':

The note makes it sound like the war PRECEDED the formation of the mana core, and a separate note mentioned a war (the same war?) in a place that certainly sounded like Lore (the elemental wastes).

Does this mean that there was a time when life on Lore - human life, in all probability - thrived BEFORE the mana core was formed? That neutering the mana core in some way and destroying magic would only revert Lore to this pre-mana core stage instead of eradicating all life? That would be an interesting development indeed and run counter to many forum members' assumptions.

Another question to ponder: did the war result in the formation of the mana core? If that is true, what of the spoiler from the Inn Beyond Time: the mana core is made of people...?
Epic  Post #: 9
8/11/2017 19:10:11   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

Is it just me or do Elemental Wastes sound familiar? I feel like we heard that name before but I can't place where.
DF AQW  Post #: 10
8/11/2017 19:14:07   
GammaCavy

You aren't the only one, Silver. I'm sure we've heard Elemental Wastes before, too. It could be just because of the elemental Dissonance, a similar name, but that doesn't feel right. Elemental Wastes...
DF  Post #: 11
8/11/2017 19:18:55   
Greyor_42

isn't the elemental wastes the place that lord valorus talked about in the earth orb saga? you know, the place where the avatars first interacted with humans and gave them the orbs? isn't it also the place where sepulchure set up is other fortress, the one where he made the ultimate orb?
DF  Post #: 12
8/11/2017 19:20:02   
Coskorlax

Same Elemental Wastes is going to drive me crazy, I swear I've heard it before but i just don't know where.

While i think the elemental attacks Lord Valorus mentions are something to do with the quest he doesn't actually mention a specific location, also Seppy's fortress was in the deadlands which might be the same place but i cant find it referred to as that

< Message edited by Coskorlax -- 8/11/2017 19:33:22 >
Post #: 13
8/11/2017 19:50:49   
Dragonman

Perhaps elemental wastes seems so familiar because another name for Warlic's Zone is Elemental Foothills, but that's just a guess.

Were the elemental wastes maybe where we found the cloak scrap?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/11/2017 20:10:08   
Chewy905

Just a quick note, the pop-up extension effects mid battle pop ups as well, such as rangers focus update
so be sure to click that out if you need to
Post #: 15
8/11/2017 20:10:15   
GammaCavy

No, the cloak scrap was found in the Deadlands. And the only other place i can think of, Brahamurk cape, was a paladin stronghold, laid waste by necromancers, not by elementals.
DF  Post #: 16
8/11/2017 20:16:30   
Wizardlife

Really fun side quest. Enjoyed the pop ups and the music fit very well with the background. Although...

spoiler:

I'm also curious as to where the Elemental Wastes are. It does sound familiar, but I can't place it, but as someone else already mentioned, it might be because of Warlic's place having shared a similar name. That note is also very curious too...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
8/11/2017 20:37:49   
Inanitas
Spellsword
AQW/DF Writer

Here is one reference of the Elemental Wastes for you, from Enigmatic Epidemic:
spoiler:

Theano: With the mana collected from the Manaphages...
Theano: ...and some elemental residue from the Wastes...
Theano: ... I can show the citizens of Clearwater what "magic" can really do!

< Message edited by Inanitas -- 8/11/2017 20:40:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 18
8/11/2017 22:01:51   
GammaCavy

Elemental residue from the Wastes, mm? Thanks Inanatis. That was one reference. I still think there was something else, that we've heard that phrase somewhere before....
Anyone else think we may be perhaps taking a trip there someday?
DF  Post #: 19
8/11/2017 22:33:40   
Luckyjazzt

I kind of figured that the hidebehind was going to end up being more important than it seemed, but these 2 are clearly related, and there were references to the mana core, so I'm really starting to rethink how important these "small" releases actually are.
DF  Post #: 20
8/11/2017 22:33:42   
Eris Blackwood

This is why I love the forums. I have little to no experience with games other than this one and pokemon so now I need to redo this quest and read pop ups for plot hints
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/12/2017 3:37:23   
Timsii

So hey, after encountering the books in this release I decided to check the libraseum. Question: were those runic books already there? I'm not all too sure. It's just, it'd make sense for new books to be included in the libraseum upon encountering them. Then again they're in runic, and we clearly could read them.. So I'm guessing I must be wrong.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
8/12/2017 4:03:21   
LurkBlackSmith

@Emsii Yes, they were there after you completed true mortal's saga second ice giant seeking quest. So are we going get a magi-science version of that saltwater camping lantern, once we go on another sunken ship exploration?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 8/12/2017 4:06:25 >
DF  Post #: 23
8/12/2017 6:43:06   
dragon_master

Nothing special,but popup update i like. alot
DF MQ  Post #: 24
8/12/2017 7:26:21   
Flabagast

Can we even call these "filler" quests anymore? They seem to be becoming more engaging and mysterious.

spoiler:

Intriguing theory, Silver Sky Magician. Those rumors from the Inn at the Edge of Time were also in the back of my head while reading some of the pop-ups.

And concerning the Wastes, didn't the Deadlands only become what they are now due to an ancient elemental war that occurred some thousands of years ago (during Fae's time), according to what we learned from the Earth Orb Saga? Wasn't this the conflict that provoked the Avatars give the Elemental Orbs to the Guardians in the first place? Perhaps the Elemental Wastes is an older name for the Badlands that was eventually lost, as memory of the war faded over time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition