Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2017 9:10:38   
soulus42

I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it, I noticed in the room where two skeletons are floating and bound in chains with the popup text "Someone is watching you" that a giant shadowy being appeared for a brief moment before fading away again that took up most of the room. Tried re-entering it a few more times to see if it would appear again but no luck. Just wanted to make mention of it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
8/12/2017 9:19:17   
spirit of greed

Let's see we got
spoiler:

someone giving infformations about a war and the mana core to someone
looks like the hidebehind appearantly stalking us now i expected a fight with it but he's maybe just observe us?
a war in the elemental waste
I have to say these small releases got my interest, i wonder if these will getting a bigger role later because so far the hidebehind, rose, a war and the mana core all part of it.
Anyway i wonder how is the hidebehind related to all this. Was he the alien? Did he have any big role in these releases or it's just stalking us from time to time? Maybe it's related to the rose and/or the mana core as some kind of new experiment?
Or maybe they are really aliens and came from space ;)
DF AQW  Post #: 27
8/12/2017 11:42:45   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

The Rose is not involved in this at all. This is an OLD ship.
AQ MQ  Post #: 28
8/12/2017 12:26:08   
UltimateDoomKnight

This... old, sunken ship reminds me about that one at the Locker where Captain Davey was.

spoiler:

The tentacles that was mentioned... I hope it's not Kathool Achoo rising again.

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 8/12/2017 12:27:15 >
Post #: 29
8/12/2017 12:35:38   
Greyor_42

@ultimaredoomknight

spoiler:

while i doubt it's him awakening again, kathool is DEFINITELY involved.
DF  Post #: 30
8/12/2017 12:53:47   
UltimateDoomKnight

@Greyor_42

spoiler:

He might rise again anyway. Remember how close it was for Caitiff to awaken him? There might be other things at work here, we shall see as the story moves on.
Post #: 31
8/12/2017 13:27:39   
xelessarx

I don't think that Kathool will be a force that we will fight again.

And for the wastes, AFAIK, it is where we call Deadlands now. There had been the war of Orbs there 1000 years ago before it turned into the Deadlands from Elemental Waste.
Post #: 32
8/12/2017 13:49:45   
dragon_master

@Verly

How old? Like,before The Reset...?
DF MQ  Post #: 33
8/12/2017 13:57:39   
Caesaris

Void Walker of AQW Sugg & Brazilian Help

quote:

I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it, I noticed in the room where two skeletons are floating and bound in chains with the popup text "Someone is watching you" that a giant shadowy being appeared for a brief moment before fading away again that took up most of the room. Tried re-entering it a few more times to see if it would appear again but no luck. Just wanted to make mention of it.

Exactly. It's that thing we've fought in "The Hidebehind" quest. Even skeletons fear them!
I don't know where this questline may be leading us, but I'm finding this very exciting.

Some very interesting pop ups:
"Varios bookbinder's tools and materials sit on the table. Someone was making their own books. But who?" -- I assume the captain/leader was a researcher or a very particular adventurer.

"You find an old discarded tome. "Legends of the Mana Core". The pages are stuck together" & "There's a note buried here: "I got the info about the War and the formation of the Mana Core as you've asked. Pay up"" -- Well, first of all: someone was studying the Mana Core waaaaay back then, and had interest on it. Second, I assume the mentioned war is about Volkenraand and the Shapeless Empire. Volkenraand, aware (???) of the Mana Core, set up a war to conquer it. (just assumptions)

No idea who Ehr'Ishin is. Elemental Wastes, where a war happened? Seems intriguing. Also, the pamphlet we found seems like an old styled propaganda created by the "government" or ruling power, making folks to believe in what they read and trust.

Can't wait for the next quest!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
8/12/2017 14:40:38   
UltimateDoomKnight

Ah, I forgot about those things. Oh well, just thought it looked very familiar.
Post #: 35
8/12/2017 15:09:37   
GammaCavy

Good question, Dragon master. I was wondering that too, before I even finished the quest.
And everyone who noticed a resemblance between this ship and Davey's ship: they're the same stage. the same layout, the same chests in the same places, only instead of sand, it's slime. Even the desk is in the same place. Now, is this actualy Davey's ship, towed here by some undersea force, with information that we never saw before having been unearthed in it... or is the team just reusing the design with a new color scheme and popups?
Edit- And I agree that Kathool is most likely involved as well. Something about these quests, and the Swordhaven Mystery Quests, stink of its madness. If it's not directly involved, something is spilling over from the same place in reality as it. The Weird Noble who spoke of tentacles in the minds, spreading through everything, brought Kathool to mind as well.
I stand by my theory from the Atnogo and Hidebehind releases: Whatever's going on may have something to do with the Rose, but they aren't behind it. If anything, they woke the whatever-it-is up.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 8/12/2017 15:16:52 >
DF  Post #: 36
8/12/2017 17:08:49   
dragon_master

Speaking of Swordhaven Book 3,the sewers are locked for a year now...
DF MQ  Post #: 37
8/12/2017 19:23:35   
SoullessButProud

on one of the bookshelf's there is a book about metal cities and energy powered machines
another book shelf says "the elements are from space don't believe the lies"
plus verlys hint of this ship is old

makes me thinks a lot about the reset

so does anyone think that maybe the hidebehind maybe from or knows something about the time before the reset?
also could the reset have cause the creation of the mana core?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
8/12/2017 20:33:03   
GammaCavy

Or the reset moved the mana core and created things like the Hidebehind. I don't think it's from BR (Before Reset), since it doesn't seem even vaguely related to anything from MechQuest. The books however... I suspect they're what gave the gnomes the idea for PopSprocket, which does seem like a relic from BR. I never have worked out whether they built it, or found it.
DF  Post #: 39
8/12/2017 21:08:49   
Luckyjazzt

This might need its own thread, but with all the new storylines that are coming up, do you think they're going to end up intertwining? And to what extent?
DF  Post #: 40
8/12/2017 21:49:37   
LurkBlackSmith

Hmmm...since we're exploring more old sunken ships...will we get a sunken castle version of castle Nostromo in the near future?
DF  Post #: 41
8/15/2017 14:53:00   
Sanani

I have a theory.
spoiler:

I think that Hidebehind can be a Reset mismashed Shadowscytche Alien. In the end of MQ most of them got pulled back to Darkness Realm (Including Valoth so he is not dead) but some remained on Lore . So maybe when Reset happened he couldn't be competly "adapted" to new world (because he was off worlder) and neither remain unscatched like Cordana and Nostromo ship and got shaped as Hidebehind?
Moreover:There are two interesting books. Thanks @SoullessButProud. One about Metal cities, sounds very like Mq wasn't it? And "Elementals are from space" Yes they are, Shadowscytche creatures from darkness realm were called Aliens in MQ.

< Message edited by Sanani -- 8/15/2017 14:59:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
8/15/2017 19:38:35   
xelessarx

@Gammy

I don't think that "Hidebehind" is something crucial to the storyline. It seems like just a reference and Easter Egg.

Also, "before reset" doesn't mean that it is from the time of Mechquest. In fact, Mechquest's timeline has never been a part of DF's timeline. The reset replaced both the future and the "past". Think of it like two linear timelines and at one point (The Reset) of a line it leads to the middle of the other line. So the history of both stories are different.

Post #: 43
8/15/2017 19:43:38   
GammaCavy

I know. When I say Before Reset, I mean the place where the things left over from the reset came from, which is apparently MechQuest, going by Kordanna, and the ruin of Castle Nostromo.
DF  Post #: 44
8/16/2017 3:16:23   
docblade

I may be completely wrong, but for me, The Hidebehind is an entity like kathool, less known, maybe with different powers, maybe not quite as old. Maybe, the disappearance of Kathool as we know (Thanks to a certain Axe) led other entities rise in power. Entities like the Hidebehind
DF MQ  Post #: 45
8/16/2017 4:02:22   
LouisCyphere

HideBehind is actually a reference to this which references this.

As what Verly said, The Rose has nothing to do with this.
HideBehind has its own "mini-saga", similar to Elryn's Welsh quests.

Not every thing has to be tangled into some sort of conspiracy web.
Unless stated otherwise of course.
But right now, let's not get too excited.

The quest was an experiment for Verly to test the new pop-ups and it was a success.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 8/16/2017 4:14:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/20/2017 0:13:37   
SeigusDarkon

quote:

the mana core is made of people

I always felt that the answer to that spoiler was that the Mana Core acted like The Force from Star Wars in that when Lorians die their souls/spirits get integrated into the Mana Core...perhaps the Mana Core is a containment field of sorts for Death's Realm?

It's also possible I think that the "War" referred to in the note may have "formed the Mana Core" through some sort of mass ritual sacrifice of some sort. Perhaps hundreds of thousands of people's souls were ripped from their bodies, converted into pure energy, and formed into the Mana Core?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
8/21/2017 11:40:20   
ShadowMoon

quote:

I always felt that the answer to that spoiler was that the Mana Core acted like The Force from Star Wars in that when Lorians die their souls/spirits get integrated into the Mana Core...perhaps the Mana Core is a containment field of sorts for Death's Realm?

so dose that make the roses goal to a midi-chlorian genocide?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= August 11th Design Notes: Harboring an Alien!?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition