Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2017= Finals OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2017= Finals OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2017 20:55:27   
  Starflame13

Welcome and congratulations, to all who participated in the 2017 Elemental Championships! Welcome to the Grand Finale!

First, the rules. All of the same rules from the initial OOC thread apply, with the exception for how much time is allowed between idles. You will have 4 days to make your introductory/arrival post, but after that initial post, the timer DECREASES to 3 days between each post. I will do my best to continue to give people 24 hour idle-out warnings, but this is the Finals. You are ultimately responsible for posting on time, so plan your posting schedule accordingly. I am still willing to work with people who will require extensions, but you MUST give advance notice if one is needed.

Once your character enters the Finals Arena, you start with a clean state. Writings in the Paragon Phase will be evaluated again if a tie-breaker is necessary, but here is where you truly need to focus. Communicate and collaborate with each other, ask questions when needed, PROOFREAD YOUR POSTS, and have a blast showing of your writing skills and abilities.

The Arena will open (hopefully) at 12:01 am EDT (server time) on Monday, Aug. 14th. The first Cut will be made 6 days later, at 12:01am on Sunday, Aug. 20th. While the announcements for cuts may not be made at exactly midnight, any posts after the deadline will not be included in my decision. I would STRONGLY recommend having at least two posts up by this time. After the first Cut, subsequent Cuts will occur every 3 days afterwards. If a contestant idles out in that time, their DQ will take the place of that Cut. This will last until only the Final 3 competitors remain, who will then have 4 more days to give their greatest efforts to prove their skills before the Champion is chosen.

Now, (and I know you all skipped right to this, so please do go back and read the rules :P ) for the moment you've been waiting for: the Chosen.

Let's start with those who will be auto-advancing, either due to lack of or disqualified competition. Each of these competitors participated and performed strongly in the Paragon Phase, so I am proud to welcome to the Finals:

Inigo Arias , created by TitanDragonLord, as the Paragon of Fire!
Ee-nuk Chuk va Tuktuk, created by TormentedDragon, as the Paragon of Wind!
Lieutenant Irina von Ra, created by Kooroo, as the Paragon of Light!

Now, onto the slightly more challenging decisions! Without further ado, please congratulate:

Cyril Kovac, the Red Hand, created by Ryu Viranesh, as the Paragon of Darkness!
Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis , created by Kellehendros, as the Paragon of Energy!
Ayiso, created by Tdub, as the Paragon of Ice!
Molly Halfcrow, created by Rayen, as the Paragon of Water!
Willow Man, created by Ronin of Dreams, as the Paragon of Earth!

A huge congratulations to all of you! You (and your competition) have gone above and beyond in making the Paragon Phase a spectacular show, and made my job quite a challenge! I look forward to seeing how you perform in the coming battle.

If anyone who has not made it to the Finals would like me to give them feedback on their characters, they are welcome to ask, but please be patient if it takes a while for me to respond as I will be slightly busy judging the Finals Phase. Those who are Cut may also request feedback.

Speaking of Cuts… As with last round, the Elemental Pillars will not become dormant when their Paragon is Cut. A competitor will feel some sense of self-awareness that the grace of their Elemental Lord has been withdrawn, and the gate behind their Pillar will open. Once Cut, a competitor has three choices. They can Submit, recognize the will of the Arena and exit through their gate. They can Surrender, and allow an opponent to slay their character through a collaborative effort. Or they can retaliate with Spite, and make one single, final attack in the arena. If you choose this last option, your character will then be left to the mercy of those left in the arena, with no further collaboration. As such, to any competitor targeted by a Spite attack, please treat it with additional seriousness.

As with the Arena OOC threads, I will be editing in any questions about the Grand Arena in general here! To start with..

What are the dimensions of the Grand Arena?
The Grand Arena is slightly larger than the Paragon arenas. From the geographic center, it is 80 feet (or 24.38 meters) to the boundary wall. The Pillars are all 60 feet (18.2 meters) away from the center, and placed at equidistant points forming a circle. Fire is at Cardinal North, and the order in which the Chosen are introduced in the Arena thread is the order in which their respective elements are, moving clockwise around the arena.

Once a Combatant is removed from the Paragon Arena, you are free to perceive the transition from that point. You can utilize the gates behind your respective pillar to enter, or have your Elemental Patron deposit you in front of the gate in some manner. Just keep time in mind when writing your intro post, as the Grand Finale starts at Noon (roughly half an hour after the Paragon fights end, to give spectators time to move). While not required, each combatant has the option of a full heal/restore (as well as the restoration of any ammo/armor/weapons), enacted however they wish to in the transition.

Again, a huge thanks and congratulations to everyone who participated! To those who did not make it through to the Finals, be sure to stick around to the very end! Not only will the coming fight be spectacular to watch, but we have a slight surprise in store for the RP forums once the EC's are wrapped up…

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 8/16/2017 23:12:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/14/2017 0:02:04   
  Starflame13

Ronin, as he is currently unable to post OOC, has asked that I pass on some details of his characters' transition so that it can be taken into account in your writing. The Former Willow Man's body, once the Paragon Phase has ended, will be immediately deposited in front of the gate behind the Earth Pillar. During the time the stands fill/pillars awaken, he will be undergoing the transformation discussed in his bio.

If needed, folks can contact him in Discord or in this thread if they need other details.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/17/2017 14:11:23   
Kooroo

Hm, righto.

So I've been a bit busy during the past few days. And this post is swimming as well as an armadillo with cement shoes.

It's a bit early in the game, but I'd like to request a short extension if possible? A full day won't be necessary, just a few hours past so I can hopefully forge what I've got into something somewhat acceptable.

AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/17/2017 14:23:19   
  Starflame13

Armadillos can actually float by inflating their bellies with air!

You have a half day extension if you need it, though I would strongly encourage you to try to have the post up as early as possible. Extensions here will run the risk of someone not having two posts out by the time of the first cut, which will give you a disadvantage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
8/17/2017 15:25:19   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

I'm going to have to ask for a similar extension to Kooroo's, if that's possible. Not currently at a stage at which I'd be happy posting, but a few hours after the deadline would benefit immensely. I'd like to at least ensure I get a good wind behind my sails for this first one.
AQ DF  Post #: 5
8/17/2017 15:34:59   
  Starflame13

You have a half-day extension as well, Rayen, but as with Kooroo, I strongly encourage posting as early as possible.

Edit: Tdub has contacted me that he will be unable to access the forums for a bit tonight, potentially during when the idle timer runs out, so he has been granted a half-day extension as well.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 8/17/2017 20:29:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
8/17/2017 21:44:13   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I will request an extension of two hours, Madame Director. I intend not to need it but I would rather ask now than have egg on my face if I cannot finish before the cutoff timer would elapse.
AQ  Post #: 7
8/17/2017 21:49:28   
  Starflame13

I generally like to work in half/full day extensions, but I'll trust you know what you're doing. 2 hour extension granted!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
8/17/2017 23:27:21   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

An aside of explanation to a possibly confusing flavor bit: Teras is a bounty hunter, but has only signed two formal contracts. He's worked any number of bounties by verbal agreement or with a handshake, but has only ever signed two contracts.

More on that later, perhaps.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
8/17/2017 23:35:05   
Ryu Viranesh

Right, some matters of clarification. Arthok's demise was (extensively) planned out with and signed off on by Apoc, and Arthok's minor damaging of Fountain/Cyril's entrance to the Grand Arena were both run past Star. En garde all (but especially Kell).

< Message edited by Ryu Viranesh -- 8/17/2017 23:36:32 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
8/18/2017 0:52:54   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Translation can be provided by request, but there's certainly an air of mystique in not providing it immediately. I can also provide a reference link to a proper jackal's howl if anyone wants. They really do not sound at all like a wolf's howl, I just hope I did a therianthrope's version just right.
AQ  Post #: 11
8/19/2017 2:51:02   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

A second aside for flavor explanations: Basilli, as described, resemble human-insect hybrids. Basilli Phas tend to resemble walking-stick type insects. By contrast, Basilli For are closer to ants in appearance. As a general rule, Basilli also have shorter life-spans featuring rapid development from larval to adult forms.

Teras would be considered relatively old back home, despite the fact he's only twenty.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I cleared Cyril's reaction, or lack thereof, with Ryu.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 8/19/2017 2:53:53 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
8/19/2017 23:57:56   
Kooroo

I suppose a clarification, in case it's needed. Irina's run towards Molly for a few steps, before turning around and running towards the front of her Pillar. She's aiming to basically run around the Pillar towards Ayiso, hopefully engaging at that point without a harpoon-toting lady at her back.

Granted, it means that anyone else in the Arena might be able to take advantage of that, but she thinks its a better plan than giving ye ol' seafarer a clear shot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/20/2017 0:14:10   
  Starflame13

And time is now called for the first Cut! Any posts that were made after 12:01am on Sunday, August 20th were not considered in making this decision.

I'm VERY happy that we had no idlers before the first cut. That said, and despite how well each of you has written to increase the challenge of my decision, a decision has been made.

Tdub, it's be a pleasure in working with you and watching Ayiso's story develop. You performed admirably, and I sincerely hope to see you back again to compete for next year; but sadly Ayiso's time in the Final Arena has come to an end.

Details for how to handle a departing post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. Any of those remaining (or Tdub in his farewell post), may include the following flavor text if you are so inclined to do so!

quote:

The chanters turned, robes swirling about them as they faced the excited audience. In clear, somber voices that cut sharply through the deafening roars of the crowd, they spoke as one. "As winter must give way to spring, so too does Ice now withdraw its might. By the Will of the Arena, the chant of the mountains shall echo no more within its halls this year. We now bear witness to Ayiso's choice, as the bards will carry on songs of his prowess in the years to come.

The next cut will occur 3 days from now, on Wednesday, August 23rd, at 12:01 am
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
8/23/2017 8:50:39   
  Starflame13

I apologize for the lateness of my post; I ended up losing access to internet for a good portion of yesterday. That said, any posts made after 12:01am on Wednesday, August 23rd were not considered in this decision.

3 days have passed since the first cut, and another well done round of posts! Lots of people stepped up their game, and there was strong writing coming from all sides, but a decision has been made.

TitanDragonLord, you've done some amazing work with writing Inigo, particularly in some great collaborations, and I sincerely enjoyed working with you up to this point. That said, Inigo has been cut from the competition. You did an amazing job in competing for a rookie to the EC's, and I hope to see you come back again for next year!

Details for how to handle a departing post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. Any of those remaining (or TitanDragonLord in his farewell post), may include the following flavor text if you are so inclined to do so!

quote:

An unnatural coldness seemed to settle over the stands as people quieted slightly; the chanters once more turning from the sands to the crowds. In calm, almost lazy, tones, they called out, "The inferno has raged itself out, leaving only smoldering coals in its wake. By the Will of the Arena, the flames of wild fire shall illuminate it no more this year. We now bear witness to Inigo's choice, as tales of his skills shall inspire fighters in the years to come

The next cut will occur 3 days from now, on Saturday, August 26th, at 12:01 am

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 8/23/2017 8:51:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
8/23/2017 23:40:32   
TormentedDragon

Hello.

This post involves a music change. New track is (although only in the first bits so far), this.

Enjoy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
8/24/2017 23:46:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Starflame, per our discussion on Discord, I am formally requesting a 24-hour extension on my Idle-timer. I will be out of town tomorrow and Saturday, and will not be back in town with access to the forums until late Sunday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
8/25/2017 0:00:22   
  Starflame13

Kell's extension is granted!

Rayen has also contacted me via Discord and may potentially be requesting a 6-12 hour extension, depending on her situation. Since I will likely be asleep around that time, she has permission for that should she choose to request it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
8/25/2017 1:47:11   
Kooroo

I'll also need that extension as previously discussed. It's looking far more likely now, as I had even less time than I thought to work on it today.
I'll probably only need a half-day extension, so nothing to long.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/25/2017 3:34:18   
Rayen

I may not need it, given that I now have a tiny iota of time with which to work, but to be safe I'll accept that 6hr extension. Thank ye, Star.
AQ DF  Post #: 20
8/25/2017 10:00:36   
  Starflame13

Granted to both Rayen and Kooroo!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
8/25/2017 10:50:31   
Rayen

I have to thank Kooroo for reminding me or it wouldn't have crossed my mind: All the combat details in my post were discussed and agreed upon by myself and Kooroo. No bunnies or rabbits or hares or any other kind of cute delicious fluffy mammals here.
AQ DF  Post #: 22
8/25/2017 17:36:08   
Ryu Viranesh

Though I'd hoped to avoid it, Star has agreed to grant me a 6 hour extension on my next post, which I will try to make the most of.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
8/26/2017 0:00:11   
Kooroo

Post is up, and once again, me and Rayen discussed and agreed on the actions contained within it.

Animal testing is wrong, adopt a robo-hare today!
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/26/2017 0:36:46   
  Starflame13

Time for another Cut! Geeze, these decisions just keep getting harder and harder, but a decision still needs to be made. As always, any posts made after 12:01am on Saturday, August 26th were not considered in this decision.

TormentedDragon, you have made me smile and laugh with every single post. I have loved the creativity that you brought, both with abilities and with character and yes, even with music taste. Sadly, Ee-nuk's time in the EC's now draws to a close. Thank you for participating with such a unique character, and I look forward to seeing what you create next!

Details for how to handle a departing post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. Any of those remaining (or TormentedDragon in his farewell post), may include the following flavor text if you are so inclined to do so!

quote:

A deafening silence rolled forth, muting the stands and the clash of metal on metal. Swirling about, the chanters called forth, voices sharp and piercing through the unnatural calm. "Though the howling wind is unceasing, its strength has slowly waned. By the Will of the Arena, quiet will fall once more. We now bear witness to Ee-nuk's choice, as his abilities and creations will inspire builders in the years to come."

The next cut will occur 3 days from now, on Tuesday, August 29th, at 12:01 am
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2017= Finals OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition