Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Should we trust Galanoth?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Should we trust Galanoth?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/23/2017 22:34:51   
brotherinlaw

To start, there are spoilers. I can`t use tags or that would just be the whole discussion, so avoid if you haven`the completed the Chaos Saga.

I had just completed the Lust map when I realised something. This series of events seems completely innocuous until one remembers that we are the Eternal Dragon of Time. On top of that, we are with the man who killed us, Galanoth, who no doubt knows what we are by now and may even know his part in our death.

In light of this, one begins to wonder: Why is he bringing us along to slay embodiments of what he deems to be characteristics intrinsic to all of our kind? May this be an object lesson or warning to be carefull lest we cross him? Or perhaps even a test to see if we have any of these qualities or any qualms about killing our own. If he doesn`t trust us now, can we ever regain his trust? Should we even trust him any more? If we are regaining our old powers, will we ever get back our allergy to dragonbane?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/23/2017 23:58:42   
teravor

I mean, we're the dragon of time, yeah, but he explicitly hunted down the dragon of time the first time, in order to reset the world to save it from Sepulchure.

Remember, he hunts EVIL dragons. And yeah, he's racist against dragons, but he seemed perfectly happy to work with non evil ones against actually evil dragons in Etherstorm. And besides, he's also our friend, and oh yeah. we're not even a dragon in this timeline... Thingy.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/24/2017 0:09:45   
flyingmongoose

I feel more like Galanoth will kill the good dragons last and to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger on this "Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? I lied!"

Ive always felt when hes not out murdering big dragons, hes kicking their dragon dogs, stealing candy from their dragon children and just generally being a disagreeable person to everyone who isnt a human.
AQW  Post #: 3
8/24/2017 3:55:31   
Foulman

By the end of this saga, Galanoth will don a ghost costume and proclaim himself the Supreme Mugwump of Worldwide Dragon Genocide party.

I feel like Galanoth has been part of AE for so long, that it's kinda weird to consider him as a fully blown racist. He'd probably shove the dead dragons into his private ovens, if they weren't already flying ovens. That being said, he did just kill one dragon with a glorified shower...

< Message edited by Foulman -- 8/24/2017 3:59:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/24/2017 8:26:16   
brotherinlaw

Speaking of that sort of thing, is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Galanoth eats, skins, and wears the skins of sentient lifeforms he`said murdered? I think Galanoth might have become obsessed with killing dragons to the point it's a psychosis now....

I think the character should start checking this world out for Cyrus, since he`s the only one who taught Galanoth not all dragons are evil. Well, that and Dragonfable`s hero and their dragon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/24/2017 9:09:05   
Kaizoku

I totally trust him. Death to the evil dragons!
Post #: 6
8/24/2017 10:26:06   
thulsa doom

Galanath can't hate Dragons too much.... after all, Dragonslayer Class is so awful that it assures that no Dragon would ever go hungry.

quote:

If he doesn`t trust us now, can we ever regain his trust?
I think he does trust us, after all, he is supposed to be fighting Dragons with us -- even though it looks like we are merely charging in when he orders us to, in fact he is fighting alongside of the hero.
Also, I can't believe that he can actually harm the Hero (if you remember the EDOT allowed Galanoth to kill him).

< Message edited by thulsa doom -- 8/24/2017 11:51:46 >
AQW  Post #: 7
8/24/2017 10:46:03   
XeNON_54

Not all Dragons are evil.
And not all Adventurers are Good.

I kinda hate the fact that we get called HEROES all the time when not everyone is supposed to be on the side of GOOD.
Post #: 8
8/24/2017 18:32:45   
ShatteredReality

Don't be ridiculous! All adventurers are good. They may not be Good, but they're good. Just because the Hero is Evil doesn't mean they're not good. It just means they're not Good.
AQW  Post #: 9
8/24/2017 21:20:08   
Apeiron

No, he is a deeply disturbed man.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
8/24/2017 23:05:18   
TsumetheWolf

Personally, I do trust Galanoth. Granted, it's not a full level of trust one would give a true friend, but I have hopes that he won't turn on us- the Hero/EDoT- without good reason. I'd class a good reason as going on a rampage or if we are no longer in control of ourselves.

I know the timelines are different, but in other games (if I remember correctly) he started out as hating dragonkind in general after losing his parents and home to Akilroth*. This extended to Dracomancers as well. Eventually he ended up becoming more open to others' opinions and considering alliances.

I'd consider the slaying of the EDoT to reset the timeline as a desperate act; one that felt like the 'only' choice. And like Thulsa Doom said, the EDoT allowed Galanoth to do this. If he knew his part in that situation, I somehow don't think he'd consider doing it again unless the first times' circumstances repeated themselves, due to the EDoT's importance. Basically another 'end-of-the-world' scenario.

Although, in AQ3D... Galanoth is portrayed as being obsessed with trying to get revenge on Akilroth to the point of potentially endangering others AND wishing to hunt every dragon into extinction. He even states that: "If you are not with us, you are against us". He actually reminds me of Duncan from the Lair midweek here. Who, funnily enough, was kicked out of the Dragonslayer Order, and refuses to speak with you if you help Ferzana...

*Aren't we eventually going to have a storyline about Galanoth and Akliroth in AQW? I am quite excited for this, especially if his history from other games is used at all. Then we'd have a real answer to this question.
Post #: 11
8/25/2017 2:33:00   
fxmybrute13

From DN August 08, 2017
quote:

We also took a look at what we want to do with the Slayer's Rise story, and there is just TOO much to Galanoth's history with Akriloth to fit in one week. So we're expanding that into a 4-part story which will begin in January of 2018.
DF AQW  Post #: 12
8/25/2017 7:57:50   
brotherinlaw

@Tsumethewolf: Unless Galanoth has gone to the Span (an area I just realised should be revisited), he probably does not have the full story. The only reason I suspect Galanoth knows we are a dragon is because Artix and Twilly knew somehow and neither strikes me as the type that can keep a secret. And until he gets a sizable character building arc like the one in AQ, He probably sees us as a threat and a monster.

Also, I just figured out the answere to an earlier question. We probably don`t have to worry about our dragonsbane allergy returning until Galanoth's blade start`s glowing around us.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/25/2017 8:08:39   
Foulman

Some people who are on the Good side are not actually good. Is Galanoth just like Lionfang? Both seem genocidal, with twisted notions of honour.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/25/2017 11:36:24   
LouisCyphere

Are you telling me, that one of the AE's most prominent staff member's NPC is going to betray us?

Color me shocked.

quote:

Why is he bringing us along to slay embodiments of what he deems to be characteristics intrinsic to all of our kind?

AQ3D advertisement. that's all there is to it.
Hopefully, AQW Galanoth's story would be interesting compared to the 7DD.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 8/25/2017 11:49:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/25/2017 11:58:59   
Beshin Adin

According to my personal little AQW story that follows these eeeevents, we should watch Galanoth

1. Against Glutus, he used a power called "Beginning of a Disaster". Sounds ominous, no?
2. Against Plegnn, he used powers representing darkness and destruction.
3. When Lascivia escaped, her lust slaves defended her. Galanoth was willing to cut through them to stop her

I think hatred's taking him........
AQ AQW  Post #: 16
8/29/2017 22:04:45   
Trappertom

Plot twist: Galanoth becomes the dragon of.... Eh, I dunno.

Anger? Hatred? Racism?

y'know that whole 'he became the one thing he hated' cliche

< Message edited by Trappertom -- 8/29/2017 22:19:29 >
AQW  Post #: 17
8/29/2017 22:25:39   
you stop

@above sounds like some sort of anime reference to me cough fairy tail cough
AQW  Post #: 18
8/29/2017 22:39:42   
Trappertom

Excuse me? I'm sorry but I don't watch anime..
AQW  Post #: 19
8/29/2017 22:46:02   
ShatteredReality

Fairy Tail has stuff with
spoiler:

Dragon slayers turning into dragons.
AQW  Post #: 20
8/30/2017 0:24:48   
paskyfer007

Maybe Galanoth is not a dragon, otherwise the story would be so cheesy with predictable plot.
Post #: 21
9/1/2017 7:30:14   
Trappertom

Honestly from what I've seen so far Galanoth needs to just chill. Not all dragons are bad mmkay?
AQW  Post #: 22
9/1/2017 11:34:35   
ShadowMoon

trust no one, not even yourself
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/1/2017 12:03:24   
Trappertom

edgy
AQW  Post #: 24
9/6/2017 11:51:10   
Grawlix

quote:

Galanoth is no typical DragonSlayer, his entire life revolves around the act. Whether the dragon is good, bad, or a legendary Time Keeper, if you can call it a dragon, itís going down. Donít judge Galanoth though, he has a right to be angry. After losing both his parents to a rogue dragon attack as a mere child, he spent his life avenging his parents. Hopefully with a little help from a hero, he can make the best choices when defending Lore.
AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Should we trust Galanoth?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition