Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2017 21:21:49   
LouisCyphere

@Verly:
So the END stat affecting glancing blow didn't go so well?

quote:

Monsters now drop 20% less gold

Why did this change happened? To make X-boost enticing?

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/4/2017 21:24:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 226
9/4/2017 21:30:30   
Gold

On my goodness, the potion buff was a LONG time coming.

Also the mana potion minigame is finally fixed yay.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
9/4/2017 21:48:43   
Pedrofire

@LouisCyphere: From Verly's twitter:

quote:

It's really really really easy to get- and now that x-boosts can stack it's even easier. I reduced it back to where it was before.

We need more gold sinks than gold (you can obtain upwards of 100k an hour even post nerf) so I think the change is OK.

Making WIS affect healing is quite interesting, it's something you probably won't make your build around but it makes WIS less one-dimensional and I'm all for that.
The potions change is great, scaling variables are always far more balanced than static ones.

I'm also curious about the END affecting glancing blow feature, it seemed promising but maybe the numbers just didn't work out?
Post #: 228
9/4/2017 21:57:49   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

END affecting glancing blow was WAY too OP. :P
AQ MQ  Post #: 229
9/4/2017 21:58:31   
Sflamin

@Verly
Why did you change the double DOT damage when negative resistance is applied?
Also, why some healing skills heal alot less now? a lot of changes lately make no sense at all.

< Message edited by Sflamin -- 9/4/2017 22:02:54 >
DF  Post #: 230
9/4/2017 22:04:04   
Pedrofire

Fair enough, always better to err on the side of not completely OP haha

Are there any other stat changes in the pipeline? Some other idea for END maybe?
Post #: 231
9/4/2017 22:04:05   
Lv 1000

quote:

Why did you change the double DOT damage when negative resistance is applied?

Because it was a bug......
Post #: 232
9/4/2017 22:05:29   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I'll take a look at reports of heals not healing as much as they should tomorrow.
AQ MQ  Post #: 233
9/4/2017 22:10:26   
Sflamin

@Lv 1000
Really? Wasn't that how it was always supposed to work and now all of sudden it just becomes a bug? What about classes like Pyromancer or IBR? Because from my opinion DOTs oriented classes just become a lot more useless.
DF  Post #: 234
9/4/2017 22:13:38   
Lv 1000

quote:

Really? Wasn't that how it was always supposed to work and now all of sudden it just becomes a bug? What about classes like Pyromancer or IBR? Because from my opinion DOTs oriented classes just become a lot more useless.

No.. it was a bug. There's like NO reason for DoTs to do double damage with -All, literally none. Also it has ALWAYS been a bug....just hasn't been fixed until now.
Post #: 235
9/4/2017 22:30:03   
Andlu

Verly what was the reasoning behind the -20% gold? I hope it's not because of the xboost because that sounds like horrible
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 236
9/4/2017 22:42:16   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

1: I'm reverting the buff to gold drops back when I increased them during the CHA update
2: There really is more gold than sinks currently.
AQ MQ  Post #: 237
9/4/2017 22:44:15   
Lineolata

quote:

1: I'm reverting the buff to gold drops back when I increased them during the CHA update

Wasn't that 20% exp?
AQ DF  Post #: 238
9/4/2017 23:05:40   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I believe there was a 20% gold modifier added. I removed a 20% modifier that was added at some point. The point is, it's really really easy to get gold, so I'm nerfing the base gold earned a bit. Shouldn't really affect anything tooo much.
AQ MQ  Post #: 239
9/4/2017 23:24:30   
Tr4pD00r

The way potions work is now really great. Thanks for doing this!

With multiple x boosts now being available is there any chance of daily xp cap and/or quest xp cap being raised?
Post #: 240
9/4/2017 23:24:49   
elcidIII

oh god, if the X-boosts now work from the bank, how will we get rid of them when we war? it could halve the amount of waves we can do before hitting the daily exp cap!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 241
9/4/2017 23:30:22   
EdyMaster

@Verlyrus

Since you are adjusting several things, would it be possible by adding total sales function for stackable items?
DF  Post #: 242
9/5/2017 2:58:57   
Baron Dante

So does DoT's deal damage based on resistances like attacks do (As opposed to having the weird double+ DoT thing), or are they just entirely unaffected by resistances now?
Because if it's the latter, I feel there's an issue with that in itself. That means you can DoT things to death with a specific element they're supposed to be immune or even heal from. Siofra comes to mind.
The DNs had no mention of MPM changes. Are we back at 180 then?

Also, is it possible to get rid of permanent X-boosts for the sake of better warring experience?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
9/5/2017 3:49:45   
Sakurai the Cursed

^Affected by resistances like normal damage. However it seems like it doesn't necessarily update every turn? I used Frigid Cold turn 1, with a range of 25-30, and it did 26. Turn 2 I used Revenant's Curse to give the enemy -30 Ice, but it still did 26 (minimum with +30% should be 33) so was unaffected by the resistance that turn. But on the 3rd turn, I used Icy Touch with a range of 41-50, my Ice Scythe procced for another -30 to Ice, and the DoTs now did 42 and 80, meaning both of them received +60% damage from the negative resistance... I couldn't get any other DoTs to lag behind when updating but it was consistent with Frigid Cold, so I guess it's a thing with that skill in particular but that's pretty weird if so.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 244
9/5/2017 4:36:10   
Baron Dante

Well that's good. It's kind of a shame, but at least it's not awful.
I feel like the lagging has been around for a long time, and I actually thought it applied to all DoTs. Never paid much attention to it though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
9/5/2017 6:17:39   
LouisCyphere

There's a delay on the DoT damage?

I've been testing with Pyromancer and Soulforged Scythe for static damage and it's DoT deal (50% of weapon damage) so I get a DoT of 48.
The good thing is that the debuff on the enemy shows the damage range.
When I used Malcifer to give -25 Fire resistance on enemy, I get DoT of 60, which is 48+(48*0.25).

So with Soulforged Scythe with damage range of 95 and DoT deals 50% of weapon damage (95*0.50=47.5 round up to 48)
Turn 1: Cast Flametongue, enemy received DoT of 48
Turn 2: Cast Malcifer, enemy received DoT of 60 [60=48+(48*0.25)]
Turn 3: Flamethrower: enemy received 2 DoT of 60

So the DoT updated when the mob gets debuffed.
Not sure why IBR acts like that.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/5/2017 6:22:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
9/5/2017 7:54:20   
ArchNero

Because of the recent changes, I do like using Ninja a lot more now.

The class is surprisingly tanky, barring an enemy doesn't have insane BTH like Dr.When, or an enemy that lands nothing but crits like D-4Q1. You can take advantage of glancing blows and take minimal damage with Ninja.

It's not like PDL's level of tanking, but it's decent enough.
Post #: 247
9/5/2017 9:51:21   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Baron - Well actually, there was no lag before. DoTs would simply never increase in power after being cast. If you applied -resistance after applying the DoT, it just ignored it for the remainder of the duration and dealt the normal base damage anyway, and even would refuse to update if you refreshed the DoT before it ended (hence the issue where you had to use a trinket or something for the first turn on Necro if you were using Stan, or else their passive DoT would be half strength for the entire battle). However, DoTs would decrease in power if -resistance that was present when they were applied went away mid-effect, so it was pretty lopsided and odd.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 248
9/6/2017 6:45:21   
Sun Wukong

What's with DmK (new)'s stun is not accurate in turns? Tf is this? I can only stun some only once.
Post #: 249
9/6/2017 7:15:59   
LouisCyphere

The 3 turns stun is split into the 3 mobs so when you're battling 3 mobs and all of them got stunned, they will only get stunned on one turn.
Compared to battling a single mob which can be stunned for 3 turns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition