Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/1/2017 20:16:04   
EST OverLord

doesnt the game feel really choppy all of the sudden? like even on low the movement looks very jumpy/stutery
nvm just appeared so for a few movements in hometown(oaklore book2 the one whit tog) and the new quest
well lets see where this will bring us

< Message edited by EST OverLord -- 9/1/2017 20:21:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
9/1/2017 20:32:27   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I removed the bonus defenses from this week's quest's enemies. It was an experiment and it went pretty well, I think. :)
Investigating the Ranger bug, but that is a really weird one.
EDIT: Fixed the Ranger bug.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/1/2017 20:38:11 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 27
9/1/2017 20:33:53   
LadyYennifer

Thank you, it was getting fairly annoying missing almost every hit with Ascendant at level 71.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
9/1/2017 21:09:20   
Strength

For the longest time the Protection tree for the Dragon had a skill where it would give you +100 to Parry, and now seeing as that makes it only apply to Pierce attacks, I think it should be changed to B/D/P to make it more helpful.

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 29
9/1/2017 21:18:25   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

For the longest time the Protection tree for the Dragon had a skill where it would give you +100 to Parry, and now seeing as that makes it only apply to Pierce attacks, I think it should be changed to B/D/P to make it more helpful.

It was. Or should have been. The protection 2 skill was changed to BDP, and the Healing capstone is MPM.
Forgot to mention that in the notes.
AQ MQ  Post #: 30
9/1/2017 21:33:51   
Lineolata

I can confirm that the Protection +100 parry gives +100 B/P/D across the board, despite the popup message only saying Parry.
AQ DF  Post #: 31
9/1/2017 21:33:56   
Strength

quote:

It was. Or should have been. The protection 2 skill was changed to BDP, and the Healing capstone is MPM.
Forgot to mention that in the notes.

I was using my dragon during the quest and it still said +100 to Parry, and the Dragon Skill trainer says that as well.

Just checked again, and it does indeed add it to all stats, it just says Parry only in the box and in the trainer.

Edit: Ninja'd :P

< Message edited by Strength -- 9/1/2017 21:35:54 >

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 32
9/1/2017 21:52:01   
  133spider

@liger98 yeah I can see where you're coming from as well about Riftwalker

I've just tested out Riftwalker and it's noticeably weaker. For a glass cannon class i could barely reach around 400 total dmg with just its skill "Final" (with a lvl 80 light weapon and the enemy having -30 light resist and only around 700 total dmg w/ a lvl 80 light weapon and the enemy having -50 light resist) (the enemies have around ~1300HP) ...the skill "Power" doesn't do any justice either...
IMO, Riftwalker feels like a tier 2 class now or maybe even lower with how squishy Riftwalker is

< Message edited by 133spider -- 9/1/2017 21:53:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
9/1/2017 21:54:06   
Skyflakes

Does Kathool Adept, enTropy, (and AoT?) still doesn't apply some special weapon effects like Necrotic Sword of Doom's Dark Portal and others like that?
Post #: 34
9/1/2017 21:59:09   
Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

The idea of the glancing blow's is thematically really cool. Also:
The shield skill of riftwalker still says "Can't hit me now" which now makes no sense. It's obviously extremely low priority but could this be changed or will i just have to deal with it?

Is there any way to make these glancing blows not apply status effects? Some classes are going to be WAY harder to use on bosses that can stun you now...

< Message edited by Chewy905 -- 9/1/2017 22:05:22 >
Post #: 35
9/1/2017 22:02:04   
Lv 1000

@liger98, 133spider

I just ran tests* with my lv 85 Riftwalker with optimized offensive gear and found that the only difference was less blocking (as in 100% negation of damage) which doesn't really matter since Riftwalker is an offensive class, not a dodgy or defensive class. This game engine update did NOT change non-crit damage so far as I am aware and thus does not significantly change how Riftwalker plays. Even when considering crits, it lost 25% base crit damage (I mean everyone did) which can be easily mitigated by investing in LUK (which is already a REALLY good stat for offensive classes).

Please take this into consideration before asking for buffs for a class which does not need buffs. You may need to adjust your respective playstyles as well, just because a patch kills whatever playstyle you have does not mean a class needs to be buffed.

*Please take note that these tests were done with 200 STR/200 LUK/20 WIS base stats.

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/1/2017 22:04:46 >
Post #: 36
9/1/2017 22:08:32   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Ninja's Viper Poison still does a Poison-locked DoT.
DF  Post #: 37
9/1/2017 22:08:33   
Lineolata

I have to say that some of the recent stuff has been heading in a direction I'd rather not go down. At least not very often. Difficulty and fun often overlap, but they're not synonymous, so making the monsters stronger by stuff like Vayle's high defenses, Theano's dodge spam, or Siofra's 100 All just ends up being dull and arduous. It was nice having to think of a new strategy once, but actually using it was a slog, and reusing it for more stuff that essentially tries to stop you from having an effect on the gamestate isn't entertaining. Ditto for stuns on both sides, I kinda wish it had never been made and I'm kind of curious how things would have gone differently if balance didn't have to worry about stuns. That plus being unable to play the game for however many turns is anti-fun.

To be clear, I overall approve of most monsters not being so ludicrously easy to faceroll and most of the game's still enjoyable, I just hope that "nyer nyer can't touch this" doesn't become a common design element.
AQ DF  Post #: 38
9/1/2017 22:15:29   
Lv 1000

quote:

Theano's dodge spam, or Siofra's 100 All just ends up being dull and arduous.

I mean, they are challenge bosses so they're meant to have harder mechanics. You can't really use them in a "dull" argument as they're MEANT to be hard rather than just being hard for no reason. In fact this engine update actually NERFS Theano as you will now be able to do chip damage through his BDP shield.

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/1/2017 22:16:02 >
Post #: 39
9/1/2017 22:19:48   
Lineolata

Sure I can, I said that hard and interesting aren't the same thing. Hard doesn't have to be boring.
AQ DF  Post #: 40
9/1/2017 22:20:23   
LouisCyphere

@Verly:
I think Guardian's Vortex should be changed to BDP too instead of just Parry. Kinda reduce the effectiveness of Vortex by a lot.

And can we also know the cap of BDP? If MPM is unchanged then the cap for MPM is still 100, what about BDP though? Is it still 200?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/1/2017 22:24:00   
  133spider

@Lv 1000
I don't see how maxed out gear w/ maxed out stats justify that the class doesn't need any changes to it whatsoever? You aren't even taking into account about other players who aren't even at the point of having everything maxed out yet like @liger98
Yes you can obtain the old Riftwalker by achieving 200 LUK and maxing out with your gear. But having to max out everything just to get to the level of the old Riftwalker back? That's not really great... It's unavoidable that the crit update hurt Riftwalker's damage output. Critical is what makes Riftwalker the glass cannon that it is.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
9/1/2017 22:28:21   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I ended up removing the defenses from this week's quest. They should be easily beatable if you've invested in some bonus.

Theano and Siofra challenge battles were just that- challenge battles.

The update changes require you to spec a bit more into various playstyles if you want to stay super offensive or super tanky.
The secondary effect was something that I wanted to test, and I'll just keep it for the challenge arena and not normal enemies- that is enemies that are only weak to say, Pierce, or Melee damage.
That's definitely not going into normal quests
AQ MQ  Post #: 43
9/1/2017 22:33:50   
LouisCyphere

@Verly:
Any news on Guardian's Vortex? Buffing on Parry only seems to be a huge nerf.

quote:

Vortex
Increased damage and evasion!
Level/Quest/Items required: Level 12; Need 3 Aeris PvP Trophy to train

Effect: Raises your Parry by 250 for this turn and raises your Boost by 25% for 4 turns

just defending against Melee means it would be useless against other mobs. reducing effectiveness by 2/3.

Also, Timekiller seems to have taken a hit to regarding its shield since:

quote:

Distort Time
Reflective Barrier for 3 turns

Level required: None

Effect: +90 to all defenses for 3 turns and reflects damage. (100% on the first hit, halved on following hits.) Requires Arbalest.

so it kinda reduce the effectiveness to half. Maybe raise the defense it boosts? like 140? or just change it to boost BDP?

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/1/2017 22:54:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/1/2017 22:55:37   
Roc

Why still I can't use DoomKnight V1 for Multi Enemy challenges like Elemental Chaos when I already beat them?

< Message edited by Roc -- 9/1/2017 22:56:41 >
Post #: 45
9/1/2017 22:58:10   
LouisCyphere

@Roc:
because you can't
quote:

Challenge Arena:

Normal DoomKnight is now allowed in all challenges.
Beating a challenge will allow you to play it with DoomKnight V1.
DoomKnight V1 is currently not available to use in multi challenges or the random dragon challenge.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/1/2017 23:02:36   
Roc

Oh, it's fine. So I read before that there will be a skip button for Are Rocks Evil, where is it?
Post #: 47
9/1/2017 23:04:06   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I missed Vortex and Distort Time when I was manually going through every single class and checking everything.
I did not have time to implement DoomKnight V1 for the multi challenge, as I mentioned in the Design Notes.
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
9/1/2017 23:11:44   
LouisCyphere

@Verly:
Phew. Thanks for that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
9/1/2017 23:12:54   
Roc

Oh it's okay Verly, so I remember you saying that there will be a skip button for Are Rocks Evil, where or when will it be?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition