Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2017 1:36:59   
Andlu

Pretty sure that would mean with 80 MPM and 50% res afterwards, that would make it 100% damage blocked 80% of the time and 50% damage blocked 20% of the time?
It just equals to be the same without outside interactions

@^I was kinda talking about the way of getting 80 magic defense specifically, not really about BPD

< Message edited by Andlu -- 9/2/2017 1:38:47 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
9/2/2017 1:39:29   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I really shouldn't be doing late night coding. Got partway through converting classes to MPM, then I thought, wait, wouldn't it be easier to jst make glancing blows not apply effects?
So I think I'm going to explore that route first.

EDIT: Yeah, that was much easier.
v14.1.01 is live.
Attack to-hit now rolls out of 120 instead of 180
Glancing Blows should now prevent effects from being applied (such as stuns, DoTs).

That should feel much better.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/2/2017 1:45:13 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 77
9/2/2017 1:45:34   
Lv 1000

quote:

Glancing Blows should now prevent effects from being applied (such as stuns, DoTs).

Rip Pyro and friends FeelsBadMan

(i.e. Huge nerf to Pyro, DeathKnight, EnTropy, Necro, etc.)

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/2/2017 1:47:27 >
Post #: 78
9/2/2017 1:45:38   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Glancing blows also not applying effects makes things relatively grosser to fight monsters that boost BPD, although it wouldn't be any different from what was in place a week ago assuming everything else was consistent (probably not).
DF AQW  Post #: 79
9/2/2017 1:46:53   
Andlu

Isn't that kinda bad for our sad DoT classes?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 80
9/2/2017 1:49:34   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Okay, so before 14.1.0, if BPD proc'd, you'd do 0 damage and still not apply DoTs.
Now, if you hit BPD, you do 20% damage but don't apply DoTs. But enemies also don't apply DoTs or stuns if they land glancing blows.

Just make sure you boost your bonus before using your DoT skills. #strategy
AQ MQ  Post #: 81
9/2/2017 1:50:54   
Lv 1000

Stuff like DoTs should still apply, like if you're going to get burned you can't really "glance" that and not get burned but still get hit by the fire. Maybe a reduced power for "glancing DoTs" ? like 50-60% reduced power? because the no effects change completely destroys the core of some classes.

Edit: I was hit with the #strategy i cannot fight this power

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/2/2017 1:51:50 >
Post #: 82
9/2/2017 1:52:11   
LouisCyphere

Hm. but not all DoT classes have Bonus buff.

Well, things are going to get complicated

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/2/2017 1:53:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
9/2/2017 1:53:17   
Lv 1000

^ Fair point, maybe we can get some slight changes to a few classes to accommodate this.

Edit: This update is REALLY getting complicated. Tackling defense and status effects is quite a tricky thing XD

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/2/2017 1:54:48 >
Post #: 84
9/2/2017 1:56:21   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Wait until the enemy defenses are down. Then attack. \o/
AQ MQ  Post #: 85
9/2/2017 1:57:23   
LouisCyphere

Necro and DK wont be affected much since they use passive for DoT.

Some don't have Bonus buff to inflict DoT like Pyro.

Waiting for the defense to go down is going to prolong the battle and might potentially kill the player.

I think it would be better to just change all the shields to be MPM and BDP just be "extra" defenses that needed to be specced for challenge battles.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/2/2017 2:01:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
9/2/2017 2:01:34   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

And how did these classes manage before the patch?
The BPD change doesn't suddenly make DoT classes any worse.
AQ MQ  Post #: 87
9/2/2017 2:01:38   
Lv 1000

Maybe we can get a small tweek to one of pyro's abilities to give it a +20-30 bonus
Post #: 88
9/2/2017 2:02:47   
LouisCyphere

WAIT. I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE.

Pyro will still be fine since skills are multi-hit, it just need to take one hit to apply DoT.
Siofra will still kick our butts though.

@Verly:
Still waiting on the change for Guardian's Vortex and Timekiller's Distort Time

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 9/2/2017 2:06:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
9/2/2017 2:14:51   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

For the record, I was only pointing it out as something that might need looking at because the ways in which other modifiers were also tweaked, I wasn't actually trying to say something to suggest once again drastically changing the current state.
DF AQW  Post #: 90
9/2/2017 2:15:12   
EdyMaster

For me the statistics are not being displayed properly. The stats earned by LUK are not displayed. And neither the sum of the Crit Items seems correct. The total Crit of my equipped items is 71 when I do the bill, but in the character information 87 is displayed. I can imagine that the 5% "real Crit" of Armor has been transformed into 10 natural Crit to compensate for the increase in roll out of 200. But still the bill does not close. Without any item equipped I have 20 Crit, but should not it be only 15? 10 from armor and 5 from standard weapon?
DF  Post #: 91
9/2/2017 2:17:39   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

How much luck do you have invested? If you have 5 extra crit, that says to me you have 100 LUK trained. If you have 200 LUK trained, then that's an extra 10.
So it's 10 from LUK, 5 from armor, and 5 from base weapon.
And armor base crit was not adjusted to 10.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/2/2017 2:19:03 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 92
9/2/2017 2:33:01   
EdyMaster

I own 200 LUK, and with no equipment 20 crit is displayed. For me the Crit of LUK is not being displayed, because if it were I should receive 20 Crit and the result would be 35 no? Before I had 39 Crit and 220 LUK, which left me with 50% Crit. Also I'd lose 3% of Crit's for odd-numbered items. I think the correct result to be displayed is 103 counting with LUK.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 9/2/2017 2:34:45 >
DF  Post #: 93
9/2/2017 2:36:51   
Lineolata

You don't lose Crit for odd-numbered items. Equipment crit isn't halved anymore, you just roll out of 200 instead of 100. So now the odd number is X/200 instead of floor(X/2)/100.
AQ DF  Post #: 94
9/2/2017 2:38:33   
ArchNero

That means multi-hit stun skills like Putrefying Being have to get past the high immobility and on top of that getting past BPD at the same time. I can definitely imagine Theano screaming in joy for all the times I stunned him with Putrefying Being , he has extra stun protection now. Ahh jokes aside I definitely have to try out Elemental Chaos once again with same setup I had with Entropy. It will be interesting.

I can always hope for pet dragon to give me some PBD so I have some stun protection from Siofra hehe.

Idk for some reason I thought Theano had Immobility res. He doesn't have any.

I tried out elemental chaos again it actually wasn't so bad, the duo was more difficult for me when attacks roll out of 180. Not to say it should be reverted back to 180, I think 120 is probably better maybe more fair, I don't really know for sure.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 9/2/2017 3:07:47 >
Post #: 95
9/2/2017 2:40:51   
EdyMaster

@Lineolata
I know this, I meant that before this update I lost 3 Crit for having two items with 9 Crit and one with 15.

@Verlyrus
If the 5 Crit of the armor was not 5% real like I thought before, then I apologize for the mistake.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 9/2/2017 2:45:04 >
DF  Post #: 96
9/2/2017 2:57:51   
Siedgrief

So far what ive tested feels good, the glancing hit add is great, the buff to ninja is totally deserved and i love it ,but i really feel that the dots should remain poison locked since it makes more sense; i also fell that the change to DLs is unnecesary since is a nerf to a defensive class that gonna feel the nerf of the Crits dmg too, so basically is getting a nerf on Dmg AND def (i know that is a change thats gonna affect all classes but defensive classes are gonna be affected even more), so I disagree with it, it shloud be changed back to MPM; i also feel that the buff on ranger (-2 focus for using right side skills, up from -5.) is really not necesary, is making the class way to OP but thats my opinion.

I also suggest that after the changes are toned and finished, we should review all classes (just to make sure all classes are balanced to the new standards), there are some that may not need changes at all but some may need some small buff or nerf.

< Message edited by Siedgrief -- 9/2/2017 3:22:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
9/2/2017 3:39:42   
HORRIOR

For some reason, I cant use EITHER of the Doom Knight armors in the challenge inn multi battles! I have cleared cache and everything!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
9/2/2017 5:46:27   
Cyrus Moonveil

Hey, I posted this earlier but didn't really get any answers. I'm aware this might be seen as spamming or somesuch, but I really don't know where else to get answers. Any help would be super. xD

quote:

Since this is talking about the combat changes and stuff, I don't really know where else to mention this...

Are damage reduction skills ever going to be changed? Like Ninja's Walk Within Shadows, or Dragonlord's Earth Dragon Spirit, or even Doomknight's Void Barrier. The fact that these skills make the damage go down then back up makes them work oddly. For example, if a hit were to kill you pre-''heal'' you lose the battle either way. I've always found this to be a bit confusing. So I was wondering if it was ever going to be addressed.
DF  Post #: 99
9/2/2017 7:06:15   
Count Gingersnaps

There appears to be a bug in the Dark Devices quest in terms of my pet dragon buffing just my block for 12 points instead of 40 to BPD ((Currently my dragon has 74 in Prot and 114 in Mag) It was working perfectly fine in The Hunt for Mwrn with +40 to BPD)

Checking out the combat updates on my level 54 Ascendant has been interesting to say the least, so far everything seems fine and dandy, started using the dagger more now to guarantee those hits on high dodge enemies now, . The swap of Thorny Shield from MPM to BPD has been interesting to say the least since in capitalises on the reflect damage effect, returning the full base damage to an enemy. It does seem unfortunately to be a double edged sword at this point; the loss of actually avoiding damage makes it harder to setup and benefit from the bonus increases after when fighting enemies that can drain mana. I'm saying this after attempting to fight the 3 overclocked manaphages in Dark Devices with the new update. Since you can't avoid damage, your mana bar perishes very quickly and they can start siphoning your health bar instead, which is very unpleasant since Thorny shield only affects damage to your health (so no reflect damage). At that point you will have no mana to utilise any offensive capabilities.

So coming from a mostly offensive class I feel that removing the ability to fully avoid damage punishes you for trying to stall and setup (that kinda defeats the purpose of the ascendant) when fighting enemies that have the ability to drain mana (ESPECIALLY WHEN FIGHTING MULTIPLE). I think changes to mana drain should be taken into account now that defences have been changed since it's a very mixed bag scenario with the current update.

Edit: It must have been a one time thing since I reset my browser everything's working as it should now

< Message edited by Count Gingersnaps -- 9/2/2017 8:47:44 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition