Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes September 05, 2017: This weekend: Battle Maleth, Dragon of Envy + This Month: Unlock th

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes September 05, 2017: This weekend: Battle Maleth, Dragon of Envy + This Month: Unlock th
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/5/2017 18:41:49   
ShatteredReality

quote:

September 05, 2017
This weekend: Battle Maleth, Dragon of Envy
The 7 Deadly Dragons Saga Continues!
Maleth, Shadow Dragon of Envy, holds the legendary Dragon Crown. There’s just one problem - none of the clans accepts his rule. This weekend, log in and face Maleth as the 7 Deadly Dragons saga continues. Take the crown, bring him down, and prevent civil war between the dragon clans!

Legend of the Dragon Crown
Dragons of all elements and races know the legend of the Dragon Crown - only one worth of ruling ALL dragonkind can wear it. Most assumed it was just a myth… until now. Maleth, the Darkness Dragon of Envy, wears the crown and claims the throne.

Right now, civil war on the verge of erupting - even IF the dragons wanted a ruler (spoiler: they don't), they would not choose a selfish, deceptive creature like Maleth.

Last week, your mission to stop Maleth began with:
  • Gaining entrance into Maleth's castle... by any means necessary
  • Quelling an uprising by villagers angry at the draconic destruction
  • Convincing the dragon clans to support YOU instead of their own champions
This weekend, the fight to dethrone Maleth continues:
  • Battle suspicious guards and servants to progress through the castle
  • Take down 3 of Maleth's most trusted warriors as you ascend to the throne room
  • Face down Maleth, Shadow Dragon of Envy with Mariel at your side
New: DragonKing Warrior Set
No matter who holds the crown, we know who the REAL dragon royalty is… you! Find the DragonKing Warrior set in your Featured Gear Shop, available for AdventureCoins until October 6th, 2017!

After watching the final Dragon of Envy cutscene, you'll be able to farm for the pieces of the Prince of Dragons armor set and the Key of Envy.* Or find the DragonKing Warrior set in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu!

* If you have the Heptagonal Chest from /battleundere, you may start to hear some rustling and tap-tap-tapping coming from inside. Collect all 7 keys (one from each of the 7 Deadly Dragons) to unlock it!

Tags: Alina,

quote:

September 05, 2017
This Month: Unlock the Golden Raider Set
Upgrade with a Membership or AdventureCoins for exclusive gear!
Starting this Friday, September 1st, at 6 PM EST, buy any AdventureCoin or Membership package of $10 USD or more to unlock the exclusive Golden Raider September upgrade bonus items! Get the Golden Raider gear and the Naval Reaper set with a 12 month membership or 12000 AC package.

Naval Reaper (front) and Golden Raider (back) sets

12000 AC or 12 month membership packages: Naval Reaper + Golden Raider

Get more gear and save more of your real-world gold with our largest upgrade packages! Unlock the following gear with our 12000 AdventureCoin or 12 month membership packages:
  • 2 armors: Naval Reaper and Golden Raider
  • 3 helms
  • 5 weapons
  • 3 capes
  • Skull 'n Bones Chest pet
  • 7 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
2000 and 5000 AC or 3 and 6 month membership package: Golden Raider
  • 1 Armor: Golden Raider
  • 2 Helms
  • 2 Cape
  • 2 Weapons
  • 5 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
All packages will also come with the Golden Raider character page badge, so you can show all your friends who REALLY owns the seven seas! The September bonus gear goes rare September 29th (when 9th upholder begins), so get it while it is still here!

Tags: Alina,

I'm still super suspicious about Mariel.

Tagged with the power of Dust. Thanks for formatting these ones, SR! ~Shadowhunt

9/8: Updated design notes.

< Message edited by ShatteredReality -- 9/8/2017 18:42:26 >
AQW  Post #: 1
9/5/2017 20:04:24   
Arcane Energy

Starting to feel like this 7dd release could have been finished 2 or 3 weeks ago. Feels like I'm watching a TV show that keeps getting ruined by fillers and okay endings to the episodes.
Post #: 2
9/5/2017 20:13:03   
flyingmongoose

Only one more key until we unlock the chest.
Bad thing is, we need to wait until October to do so.

Also did the PTR event not happen because theres been a lot of talk on twitter about that.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/5/2017 22:52:45 >
AQW  Post #: 3
9/6/2017 3:08:43   
Foulman

This better not be a Plague Knight level farm.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/6/2017 6:20:50   
RKC

OMG I feel like its gonna be grind fest again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/6/2017 6:57:31   
Grawlix

That's the set Crulon previewed a few months ago on twitter.
AQW  Post #: 6
9/6/2017 7:43:11   
flyingmongoose

I say bring on more Plague Knight level grinding.
Also does anyone have any wild speculation about whats in the box if its making noise?
I say its a pet or something dumb.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/6/2017 7:44:07 >
AQW  Post #: 7
9/6/2017 8:31:52   
LouisCyphere

The Heptagonal chest might be a mimic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/7/2017 7:41:38   
Trappertom

A tapping, eh? Can't help but get the image of us finally opening to the chest only to find a skeleton or something, having succumbed to lack of oxygen
AQW  Post #: 9
9/7/2017 11:36:11   
The Finnish Phoenix

A pet with quests would be pretty neat.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
9/7/2017 19:35:23   
Keeper of the Owls

quote:

Skull 'n Bones Chest pet

Shame it's not a bank pet.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/8/2017 16:38:48   
flyingmongoose

I have to ask, is anyone else having things happen while using VHL?
Im on Artix and my damage sometimes gets super low and I just had a 3 tick DoT of 2300.

It wasnt skills not being up or people helping me. I was struggling to kill WolfWing, Khasaanda, Chaos Sphinx, Chaos Alteon and pretty much every other boss I fought.
Luckily Im not getting the problem anymore since the server restart.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/8/2017 21:51:45 >
AQW  Post #: 12
9/8/2017 17:07:43   
Metakirby

The most logical explanations would be:
1: You deactivated Unchackle and Kneel Before the Nation faded at the same time, leaving you with only half your max damage output for a little bit, if you are fighting smaller mobs, it's hard to activate Kneel before the Nation in the first place. Unshackle + Kneel Before the Nation = 200% damage dealt + some extra crit damage on top. It's something that you generally don't think about when using VHL, but it's what's giving VHL an edge in the DPS department.
There could also have been a Courageous buff from Chaos Slayer in effect.
2: You had an Arachnomancer quadrupling your DoT + a little extra from something else. That's the only way I could see that happening.

I can say that I have not noticed anything like that while playing on my own with VHL.
AQW  Post #: 13
9/8/2017 19:17:19   
Arcane Energy

@flyingmongoose Yea, farming elemental on Artix server. thought it was just me I first noticed it when I used a stable weapon and was not able to hit above 3000 damage so I switchted to unstable and highest I could hit was around 5000 damage. Maybe it got nerfed :/
Post #: 14
9/8/2017 20:22:23   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Please keep in mind this thread is not the place to discuss the PTR power level changes. If you wish to do that, both the 25 Aug Design Notes and the 1 Sept Design Notes threads are relevant. PTR power level changes are off topic in this thread and subsequent posts about it will be deleted as such.

Shadowhunt
ArchKnight, AQWorlds General Discussion
AQ AQW  Post #: 15
9/8/2017 20:49:05   
Rancore AQW

I can't access the map for some reason.Says i need to finish dragon crown.Maybe i need to finish the older storylines because i forgot about them lol.I have only pride and sloth and dragon crown.
Post #: 16
9/8/2017 20:55:01   
flyingmongoose

I got the Key of Envy on the first kill, I think Im set.

Castle guard drop Wings and Sword
Locked Chest drops Green, Purple, Red Dragon Fountains and Malothian Eggs

Maloth drops:
Prince of Dragons Horned Armet
Prince of Dragons Wings
Dual Prince of Dragons Blade
Prince of Dragons Shield and Blade
Prince of Dragons Sheathed Blade
Prince of Dragons
Prince of Dragons FacePlate
Prince of Dragons Armet
Prince of Dragons Blade
Envious Dragonoid (Non-AC Member)

Golgar drops:
Golgars Head (AC)

Ukki drops:
Ukki's Sword (AC) (It looks familiar)
Ukki's Tail (AC)

Kagan drops:
Kagan's Head (AC)

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/8/2017 21:52:26 >
AQW  Post #: 17
9/8/2017 21:06:26   
ShatteredReality

I'm pretty sure that
spoiler:

Elucidas and Mariel's art is the same. Check the third cutscene in /summon.
AQW  Post #: 18
9/8/2017 21:21:03   
Aura Knight

I haven't been able to get Second Word? Do all monsters drop these items?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
9/8/2017 21:28:34   
flyingmongoose

They do not.
Locked Chest drops one
Nervous Serfs drop one
Scroll Keepers drop one
Golgar drops the Last Word
AQW  Post #: 20
9/8/2017 21:29:23   
zanathos

I can't seem to figure out where to go after you beat Argos, the tower doesn't open up for me
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
9/8/2017 21:29:47   
Aura Knight

use the /join maloth command
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
9/8/2017 22:54:21   
Rtkat3

I thought they would've at least rebuilt the Dragon Crown map to include a way into the castle.

spoiler:

Mariel is revealed to be a Creatioux which are the good versions of the Void Dragons while the Decadere are the bad versions of the Void Dragons that we are more familiar with.

Galanoth doesn't slay Maloth. He still dies, but at the hands of the Dragon Champions offscreen. To recap, the Dragon Champions are Torgat of the Red Dragons, Fressa of the Ice Dragons, Radroth of the Undead Dragons, Nizex of the Water Dragons, Tathu of the Wind Dragons, Lanshen of Yokai Island's Dragons, Ashax of the Green Dragons, Letori of the Faerie Dragons, Nayzol of the Chaos Dragons, and Zathas of the Void Dragons.

As of this point, Glutus, Valsarian, Goregold, Phlegnn, and Maloth are dead while Lascivia is still at large.

Now we got to confront Gorgorath the Undead Dragon of Wrath when it comes to it's release.
AQ  Post #: 23
9/8/2017 23:43:09   
The Jop

This is how I got the temporary items if this helps anyone:

Final Word - Golgar
First Word - Castle Guard
Second Word - Scroll Keeper
Third Word - Nervous Serf
Fourth Word - Locked Chest
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
9/9/2017 0:04:29   
ShatteredReality

Hold up, did they just change Maleth to Maloth during releases?!
AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes September 05, 2017: This weekend: Battle Maleth, Dragon of Envy + This Month: Unlock th
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition