Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Do you Think The Game Is Becoming Childish?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Do you Think The Game Is Becoming Childish?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2017 9:43:10   
D4rk_Abdou

This Sirious Case Of the game According to Aqworlds Players Stats The Level of Players Decreased Due to ?? Childish Maps Armors ANyways When a asked Players about their opinnion They said The game Was hilarious in 2009 2008 Because of WHat ? Because of THe Awesome Maps Like Old Battleon Cool Npcs Other Reply " a liked the game in 2010 Because Everythin Was drawn With Pencil " WHat about your Opinnion?
AQW  Post #: 1
9/9/2017 10:10:08   
thulsa doom

The game has always been a bit childish, but I don't mind that -- there's plenty of more adult oriented games out there if that's what you really want anyway.
I like that it's an easy going, simple, relaxing escape from IRL.
My only peeve is that AE (and much of the community) insist on making oversized weapons which make our character LOOK like a child.
But to each their own, right? Besides, at least there are some normal sized weapons released now and then.
AQW  Post #: 2
9/9/2017 10:12:31   
D4rk_Abdou

Maybe you right dude But the Game Does Becomin Childish
AQW  Post #: 3
9/9/2017 10:23:28   
XeNON_54

It's always been childish right from the moment of inception.
Stop trying to make this too "DEEP". There's nothing "DEEP" to begin with.
Post #: 4
9/9/2017 10:26:22   
LouisCyphere

If you want to play more mature storylines, play AQ and/or DF.
AQW, and AQ3D, will always be childish. It was made to appeal to generic fantasy tropes where the Hero is the center of attention.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/9/2017 13:17:51   
Grawlix

IDK the edgiest the game has ever gotten for me was around the 13 Chaos Saga finale where our char and Drakath randomly starts saying stuff like "I can keel u wit 1one waev of mi hand"
AQW  Post #: 6
9/9/2017 14:30:30   
Ziorac

I think the problem isn't that AQW is becoming more childish, it's that the people who think that are getting older. Look at shows from your childhood and they're childish too. Because they're aimed at children. AQW has always been 10+, while DF and AQ are rated 13+. Those 3 years make a difference in the tone of the game. People straight up die in Dragonfable, AQW not so much. Even Seppy can't stay dead to save his unlife... AQW is a game for kids. If you're an adult playing it, that's fine, but... It's going to be childish.

Also, I don't want to be rude, but.... You might want to look at your initial post and clean it up some. It's... Really difficult to understand. Even if your first language isn't English, you can try to make it more understandable, surely.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
9/9/2017 14:33:56   
Apeiron

^^ bluffing against your enemy in an end of the world event ain't edgy.

< Message edited by Apeiron -- 9/9/2017 14:36:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
9/9/2017 15:55:49   
Jet Silver

I honestly think the lack of players came from too much catering to whales over the years with the all the rares and stuff, and just generally combat that isn't all that deep.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/9/2017 18:18:15   
Sorawing7

This is a children's game. Don't see the point of this discussion.
Post #: 10
9/9/2017 23:46:27   
paskyfer007

No, it doesn't become childish. It is childish from the first time.
Post #: 11
9/11/2017 18:48:51   
Arvellon

Not really.
I mean, I play this game for seven years, I always enjoyed the humorous and discontracted way this game is. C'mon, who doesn't like to beat dragons using a Q Tip Staff? Or use a pink derp moglin on your back while dressing like a giant stuffed bear or a Tacomancer? I believe that's what I love most in the game. Being able to do fun stuff like that and laugh with my friends in calls while we play together, being an adult and still doing childish stuff. ;)

- Arvellon.

Removed age. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 9/12/2017 12:00:34 >
AQW  Post #: 12
9/11/2017 19:36:48   
Aura Knight

I think this game's immature in many aspects and the dialogue for our characters can be questionable at times as was pointed out in another thread. However, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. AQW is a more light-hearted game focused on items rather than a story that's captivating. It's more predictable than anything really. They tried making it more serious but not everyone liked this. I'd say the true fault in the game is there doesn't seem to be a true plan for it now. The Chaos Saga's been done for a while but seems anything that has to do with The Queen of Monsters is failing to be interesting. I blame all the delays and the new "main stories" interrupting it all. Even if AQW tries to, there rarely are storylines where things are super serious or dark. It's a game for a younger audience I would guess and as such, it wouldn't appeal to them if it were grim all the time, unless kids these days prefer doom and gloom in stories. Another thing to consider is that it may not be the game "becoming childish" rather our interests changing over time. If you'd prefer to play something more serious/fun AQW probably isn't the game. But it is possible things could change. There's always room for improvement.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 9/11/2017 19:37:43 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
9/12/2017 11:48:21   
paskyfer007

quote:

C'mon, who doesn't like to beat dragons using a Q Tip Staff? Or use a pink derp moglin on your back while dressing like a giant stuffed bear or a Tacomancer?

I don't
Post #: 14
9/12/2017 12:19:39   
ShadowMoon

@above me neither
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/12/2017 19:04:30   
Harrison

Honestly, I think the game's going the opposite direction. You'll still see some guys who are level 75 or 85 with obscene names yet they don't get spanked or anything, but that's something the mods have to decide about. As in game direction, I won't say anything too much as this was said in a more enclosed discussion, but they even considered a "free-for-all" server which is basically a no moderation server.

Oh yeah, can't forget the subtle inappropriate references now and then. But I can't deny that I do enjoy some of the cutscenes sometimes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Do you Think The Game Is Becoming Childish?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition