Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Talk Like a Pirate Day + September Golden Giftboxes!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Talk Like a Pirate Day + September Golden Giftboxes!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2017 7:16:34   
hohohahaPTSD

As a warrior that likes to rely on efficient SP skills (Headless Horseman, Human Fisher, Tera Suul, Akriloth etc.) I would gladly choose a water version of Star Saber of Balance over Hydromancer Blood Blade any other day since warriors are more SP starved in general. Still, can't wait for this release.

Post #: 26
9/13/2017 8:03:12   
I Overlord I

quote:

Personally, I think the staves look better, although that might be my preference towards staves over swords for mages.

I'm also pretty sure the reason people want it to be any element other than Water is so it won't clash with Hydromancers Blood Blade. The Taxing Cutlass sounds like it's going to be Melee (or at least Melee/Magic toggle) since it's the only one of the new GGB's that don't have arcane in their names.

Strictly from a role-playing perspective, I prefer staves to "magical blades" as well. However, these particular magical blades are really quite exquisite and I can fully appreciate them as such.

As for the second part -- unfortunately, that's probably it, yeah. Most people are all about DAMAGE, DAMAGE, DAMAGE; though, to be fair, HBB is probably as strong as you can possibly get without encroaching on the territory of Zealot's and possibly (probably?) Thrale's, so I can definitely see the appeal relative to a standard (t/n: vanilla; boring) 0%-proc weapon. Still, if TMS is anything to go by, TC will incur a pretty hefty penalty from the outset. It'll likely turn out to be another great utility option, yes, but I don't see it toppling HBB as the frontrunner in most people's active inventories any time soon.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 9/13/2017 8:09:06 >
AQ  Post #: 27
9/14/2017 12:43:34   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The info sub for Tome of Knowledge Spell has been posted! We'll keep the spell in the GGB for 1 extra week to give folks a chance to decide if they want it.
AQ  Post #: 28
9/14/2017 12:55:51   
Rayimika

Hi! Should we fasten our seatbelts for the release is incoming?
AQ  Post #: 29
9/14/2017 13:17:59   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

AYE! ...but pirates don't need seatbelts!
AQ  Post #: 30
9/14/2017 13:40:00   
Rayimika

Ray may become a pirate, but there are still govermental pirate slayers, law-enforcers and bounty hunters, that's why you never know when even a seatbelt can save your romantic life, so I wouldn't dismiss it, maybe even just incase there happens to spontaneously tunnel from future a motor car, lacking one.
AQ  Post #: 31
9/14/2017 15:20:26   
PD

Just an FYI, this new SP regening cutlass is basically a water clone of the SSOB.

I'd still probably recommend getting it for its utility, if you have the slots for it.
AQ MQ  Post #: 32
9/14/2017 15:31:11   
Carandor

Archknight
AQ Pedia

Click the map in Rhubarbs hand for the new quest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
9/14/2017 16:14:24   
RedEyedDrake

So then.

First of, the BattleOn News has a typo where it says that all Z-Token packages give you "an extra 25Z-Tokens".

Second, there is something wrong with the wheel looking thing behind Cap'n in the TLaPD "hub". When you click on it the appropriate dialogue box pops up for less than a second before being replaced by the dialogue box that you get when you agree to take the quiz.

Also, I take it that "doing things the hard way" with the boss would result in something that is identical to the "other one"? Or is this one still weaker than the "other one" even when you "do things the hard way"? And are there additional rewards for "doing things the hard way" in the first place?
AQ  Post #: 34
9/14/2017 16:32:00   
darksampson

Rewards for the new TLAP quest

spoiler:

Ranged water gun that can blind

Water shield that has a chance to inflict unlucky

Water pet that you can switch between regular mode and blind.
AQ  Post #: 35
9/14/2017 16:33:57   
Carandor

Archknight
AQ Pedia

^Those are for the normal fight. There is also an extra reward for the challenge fight, plus a title.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
9/14/2017 16:59:08   
Caecus

A standard quest, great use of boss monster, and the rewards seem nice.

From the info subs the cutlasses seem amazing. They boost spells way more than I'd expect given past weapons (perhaps due to being mastercrafted?) and seem like a great pickup for caster mages. I can't wait to try out Pyro bloodmage + the combustion cutlass + cozy fire orb. Add in Poelala and maybe even ramssy and you've got some insane potential!

I love the pet, is there any way we could get its blind to stack? As of now it works like carnation blossom where the second attempt at a status just overwrites the first. Not a huge issue most of the time but it does make it less than great for beastmasters (the people who should get the most use out of pets). Anything that gives your pets celerity (bard of war, troofle fur, etc) is sort of wasted with these types of non-stackable effect.

Other than that, a fun release and another good chapter in a longstanding AQ tradition :)

< Message edited by Caecus -- 9/14/2017 17:47:39 >
Post #: 37
9/14/2017 18:03:49   
Lord Tenebros

How does one access the new quest?
Post #: 38
9/14/2017 18:24:05   
Thor

Mmmm, almost 30 spell boost on 'em cutlaz surely deserves to be in UR. Glad to see they all aren't toggle, the toggle thing was a meme at one point nice to see it's getting less and less, some toggling is fine but it was insane at one point Nice mages got a new permanent GOOD water weapon, and warriors/hybrids who doesn't have bloodblade/wants to try something difference can now use this beauty copy of balance sabre.

A permanent water shield that has a great effect for infliction.

A nice water 100% proc, which can blind omg

8,5/10 for this release, small but realllllyy good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
9/14/2017 18:33:12   
High Paladin

@ Lord Tenebros
quote:

Click the map in Rhubarbs hand for the new quest.

Check out Carandor's post.
AQ  Post #: 40
9/14/2017 18:45:42   
Kay Oh

It's been a long time since I've been excited for a GGB release. Art looks great and the effects are oh so nice.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 41
9/14/2017 22:24:16   
Zafqing

Won't be able to play the game for awhile but are all the GGB weapons in the UR shop?
Edit: Aight thanks.

< Message edited by Zafqing -- 9/14/2017 23:35:06 >
Post #: 42
9/14/2017 23:20:56   
I Overlord I

^ Nah, the Taxing Cutlass is actually in the Rare shop.
AQ  Post #: 43
9/15/2017 10:36:23   
Atomos

It's quite ironic how the Arcane Cutlassess appear larger than the Taxing Cutlass in the newsletter when they are in actual fact smaller. Other than the title, what exactly is the extra reward for defeating the boss in Challenge Battle? I do not know which is it as I defeated it straight in the Challenge mode. The pure water shield is good, but I don't know about the Water/Darkness one, cos it's resistances are lower, and taking damage from blocking is like as if you can't evade at all.
AQ  Post #: 44
9/15/2017 11:07:47   
CH4OT1C!

@atomos the effect doesn't compensate for the lower resistances for the water/dark shield. You're better off with a single element shield (or toggle) rather than both at the same time.
AQ  Post #: 45
9/15/2017 11:17:52   
Atomos

other than the title, what is the other reward for the Challenge Battle? I can't tell which as I defeated it straight on the challenge battle. The Water/Dark Wheel?
AQ  Post #: 46
9/15/2017 13:57:55   
the warden

just going to mention this in here since i havent seen this happen before, but the random battles buttion when you log in is missing now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
9/15/2017 14:16:21   
kreem

@The Warden

It is now just the mountains in the background instead of the old button. It was changed during one of the updates to Battleon.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
9/16/2017 1:53:29   
Greldracion

Looks like the water staff and the wheel are not in the normal fight shop. died in the challenge fight cause I didn't have my pikazard on me.
AQ  Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Talk Like a Pirate Day + September Golden Giftboxes!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition