Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2017 15:48:18   
The ErosionSeeker

quote:

September 12, 2017
Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017

Mechas, Pirates, and Kaiju Corsairs = WAR!
Every September, Pirates around Lore ship out with one goal in mind -- bringing home BIG piles of plunder! Every ship stops at home port to refuel after battle which means… Lolosia is loaded with gold.This Talk Like a Pirate Day, a fleet of fiercesome, Kaiju-loving corsairs plan to take control of Lolosia and ALL the loot! On September 15th, the Defense of Lolosia begins with Rhubarb, Lim, Cysero, the entire crew… and you!

This war is SO BIG, and there are so many farming and shop rewards (not to mention the titan-sized war boss battles) that we've split the event into two weeks.
Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017 Schedule
  • Friday, September 15: war begins, Quibble's Shop arrives
  • Tuesday, September 19: Quibble's shop gets more gear + more war farming gear
  • Friday, September 22: War boss + end cutscene + even MORE rewards

War Loot Headin' Yer Way
We've got chestfuls of gear coming for you this week and next! Two full sets of farming rewards were designed by your fellow players: Seth Juron and Daniel PP2!
  • Farm for Daniel PP2's Dark Corsair set as soon as the war begins
  • Unlock Seth's Oathbreaker Pirate in the 75% war reward chest (TLaPD 2017 war rare)

• If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the AC version of the Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the 2017 event rare Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE!
  • Fight to earn Axeros' Deepdweller Pirate gear once the boss fight is unlocked on September 22nd!

Tags: Alina

:OOO

Added a tag and edited just a bit. Thanks for getting these written out. ~ kaos rules x

< Message edited by kaos rules x -- 9/12/2017 20:41:11 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
9/12/2017 16:19:47   
Arcane Energy

quote:

If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the Explorer Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE! (This is a 2017 event rare)

Read that about 5 times. A Good War Reward???? Whhhhaaaaaattttt!?!?! Hunnnnnaahhhh!!!!
The first war in a long time that I will participate in, the first tlapd I can't wait for was well.
Post #: 2
9/12/2017 17:05:19   
zanathos

The cutlass for that Dark Corsair armor is beautiful. I need it.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
9/12/2017 17:16:54   
The Finnish Phoenix

Is that you, Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
9/12/2017 17:17:13   
flyingmongoose

So we have to wait a week for Axeros' armor set oh boy.
Im not sure if anyone else remembers Midnight War but if its a repeat and we stunt all over the war then we're gonna need new content STAT.
AQW  Post #: 5
9/12/2017 17:22:35   
Aura Knight

Now, this looks like a fun event. Can't wait to play it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
9/12/2017 18:04:08   
Banpreiomaster

quote:

If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the Explorer Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE! (This is a 2017 event rare)

Is KNC an armor or a class?
If it's a class, will it have different skillset from NC?

If both of them are answered by "yes", then it's time to re-buy NC.
If not, then... keep playing as usual.

Post #: 7
9/12/2017 19:00:26   
Harrison

see, this is what happens when you make a war with good incentives, people actually want to try and help. good looks
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/12/2017 20:30:58   
flyingmongoose

I'm thinking they don't want a fast clear like last year so its going to be either more difficult (more unit kills per turn-in) or have way more numbers needed to clear it (more tokens needed).

In regards to motivation, I don't actually want the items (worse than last year's). I don't even want to defend Lolosia, it can burn for all I care. I would like a reason to fight other than "Pirates are taking our loot YARRR". Last year it was supporters of Vampires versus supporters of Hybrid Talking Dogs while this one is more of a supporters of Loot against nobody at all because it seems like a one sided war until they release more details.

If you can talk me into doing thousands of turn-ins (again) then by all means try and persuade me but looking around at everything doesn't pull me into the spirit. Those items are going into my bank and I may never use them more than once.

According to Alina's twitter they may split the event up over two whole weeks which is just ridiculous.
The DeepDweller set also looks icky much to my chagrin after seeing everything else Axeros has done.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/12/2017 23:14:17 >
AQW  Post #: 9
9/12/2017 22:47:42   
LouisCyphere

Why did they make the war last for 3 weeks? Does it have something to do with the hurricane?
I'm not particularly fond of Pirate armors, here's hoping that they will be AC-tagged.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/13/2017 0:02:33   
dragontackle

Wow, this is the second year in a row that they did a good TLaPD war. Very nice. The servers are gonna be hype over the next few weeks especially with everyone(myself definitely included) trying to get to 100 before the 22nd so we can get Kaiju Naval for free, which is something I need in my life. If we dont make it, im still fine with paying for it with AC's.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
9/13/2017 0:42:57   
paskyfer007

Boring.
This release just for ones who own such the money to waste on this game.
I want a story release, like a REAL one.
Post #: 12
9/13/2017 2:15:21   
Foulman

That Cursed Pirate set looks dope
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/13/2017 3:08:55   
iDreadnaut

Haven't done the dragon's release for the past 2 or 3 weeks, and I really can't see anything special about TLaPD events... Wake me up when September ends, pls.
AQW  Post #: 14
9/13/2017 4:01:18   
RKC

https://twitter.com/Alina_AE/status/904132283006898176

Please alina the promise was saturday last week
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/13/2017 4:03:19   
dragontackle

@paskyfer007
You do realize theres going to be a ton of 0 ac items?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
9/13/2017 5:12:07   
  1welve Gull2

@RKC I don't know when exactly they were added but I noticed the new Raider's Gilded Rapier and Raider's Rapier were in the shop last night.

@below Yep, they renamed the others to Cutlass, so that's what I was referring to. Glad you found 'em.

-Gulls

< Message edited by 1welve Gull2 -- 9/13/2017 7:06:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/13/2017 5:18:42   
RKC

@ 1welve Gull2

What they are talking is the one in the promo poster

and yes I see it now. Thanks alina

< Message edited by RKC -- 9/13/2017 5:20:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/13/2017 6:13:52   
Instantstrike

im assuming not anyone will get the kaiju naval commander. i think only those people who has the Naval Commander class.
AQW  Post #: 19
9/13/2017 7:40:27   
zanathos

Strange choice to offer only those with a paid class the free armor as a timed war reward for a war which everyone contributes to, including free players. Pirate armors are rarely my fancy, but I'm always down for some war-mongering, so I hope this war will be a decent new source of xp, I'm tired of battlegrounds
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
9/13/2017 10:18:48   
Arcane Energy

So........

ORIGINAL Design Notes

quote:

MODIFIED Design Notes

quote:

If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the AC version of the Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the 2017 event rare Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE!

So is AE expecting me to grind and pay 2k AC's for a naval commander when the others cost 1.1k AC's or are the lack of players making them charge more for navels now. Always thought the greater the supply and the lower the demand prices should decrease not increase. Well GG AQW...

< Message edited by Arcane Energy -- 9/13/2017 10:22:23 >
Post #: 21
9/13/2017 10:33:57   
Harrison

I mean, it's pretty obvious that this year was just a cashgrab. ^

@@@@above the cutlasses were not supposed to be added in yet, but rather added in on Friday. The Artix restart on Tuesday accidentally pushed out a different live version of the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/13/2017 10:36:52   
Metakirby

quote:

So is AE expecting me to grind and pay 2k AC's for a naval commander when the others cost 1.1k AC's

I think it's just there to encourage people to buy the Naval Commander class and from a value standpoint, you get the class + a free naval, for no extra fee. I'm pretty sure they made it to only the AC variant so members could not get a literally free Naval Commander. Since the Naval Commander class doesn't seem to have a sell restriction, you can get the Kaiju Naval for a mere 200 ACs, with the correct timing on you purchase, assuming they don't pull a "cannot be sold before xx/xx".
It's also not stated wheter or not the Kaiju Naval is purchasable standalone, so it could still be the same price as other Navals, if you don't fancy spending 2k on the class, this is just a way for some people to save those ACs if they are willing to buy the class in the first place (paying more to save more, it's a common business practice and it will definitely increase the sale of the Naval Commander class, no doubt).

No one said you needed to farm for anything, I suspect enough people would be willing to grind all those waves for you, because they too want the Kaiju Naval for free, although since it only applies to the AC variant now, I suspect it will take slightly longer to reach the goal than if it applied to the member version as well.
AQW  Post #: 23
9/13/2017 11:55:26   
The ErosionSeeker

If you don't have ENC, this is more like getting 2 for 2000 instead of 2200, or if you do it's like a free +1100, both benefits for having ENC.

There is literally nothing unfair about this, man.
DF AQW  Post #: 24
9/13/2017 13:22:31   
Rtkat3

The last time there was a war on "Talk Like a Pirate Day," it was between the Pirates and the Navy which ended in a draw due to the interference of the Mysterious Aquamancer.
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition