Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2017 13:53:18   
Aura Knight

Was the Midnight War not a TLaPD thing?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
9/13/2017 14:14:12   
dragontackle

@aura knight
I consider it a tlapd war
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
9/13/2017 14:29:33   
flyingmongoose

Midnight War was released on September 16 last year so Im pretty sure it was done for TLAPD.
I believe it also had the distinction of being the only war finished in one day. I doubt we'll get a repeat of that this year.
If you read some of the npc text for it, it also states the Midnight War is supposed to be yearly to decide supremacy between the Vampirates and the Talking Dogs.

I think the fast clear time is the main reason Alina and friends want to extend it to two weeks to milk it for what its worth (beat the horse dead) and make it a multi-part war.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/13/2017 15:26:37 >
AQW  Post #: 28
9/13/2017 14:37:02   
Metakirby

If they use the same reward scheme as last year, you bet it will be over quick.

Honestly, I would prefer a simple merge shop system, where the merge items comes from the medal quests for the most part. It could still be semi random rewards, like you could have a chance of getting item 1, item 2 and item 3 per turn in and you would need various of each to make certain equipment. It would give incentive to turn in and not be as annoyingly random like Midnight War.

quote:

If you read some of the npc text for it, it also states the Midnight War is supposed to be yearly to decide supremacy between the Vampirates and the Talking Dogs.

I doubt we will hear much from them this year.
AQW  Post #: 29
9/13/2017 17:50:21   
zanathos

Midnight War had some of the best war items this game has ever seen, and a good portion of them were free-player AC. Judging by the rest of the TLAPD release, I doubt we will be seeing many rewards for free-player AC this year.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
9/13/2017 19:06:37   
flyingmongoose

For this Defense of Lolosia War we have Dark Corsair and Oathbreaker and then we need to wait a full week (!) for DeepDweller.
In comparison, Midnight War had 32 AC items in total so I dont think theyre going to outshoot that.
I suspect if they go through with making it a two week event then we will have more items to deal with.

I might buy the Sakura Dragonborn Naval Commander because its the best looking one of them all hue hue hue

@RKC
Declining player base and members means they need to make money somehow.
You really shouldn't go ballistic over this one decently small thing. Perhaps you should tell us what your real problem is.

Its starting to look like they need a marketing person again to wrangle their base of "loyal" members. If only they hadn't "axed" their last one.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/14/2017 8:44:34 >
AQW  Post #: 31
9/13/2017 22:46:33   
RKC

quote:

So........

ORIGINAL Design Notes

quote:

If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the Explorer Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE! (This is a 2017 event rare)

MODIFIED Design Notes

quote:

If the war hits 100% by next Friday, September 22nd, anyone with the AC version of the Naval Commander CLASS will automatically unlock the 2017 event rare Kaiju Naval Commander (shown in the image above and originally designed by former guest artist, Vokun) for FREE!

So is AE expecting me to grind and pay 2k AC's for a naval commander when the others cost 1.1k AC's or are the lack of players making them charge more for navels now. Always thought the greater the supply and the lower the demand prices should decrease not increase. Well GG AQW...

Well I think people are just gonna let this slide like most of the things AE does when they do something bad. I saw the original one and it got me excited and when I saw it again I was like "wait thats not what I read" I was sure of it and because of this thank you sir for confirming that this years TLAPD is just a huge AC vacuum.

This also confirms that being legend is just huge waste of money and AE should just go full AC's on this game. Thank you.

Im canceling my subscription now.

Im now beginning to think that I should just drop this game. Ive spent more money on AQW than any tripple A game I got in my life

< Message edited by RKC -- 9/13/2017 22:50:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/14/2017 10:53:46   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

You guys do realize that there is no Explorer Naval Commander class, right? The NC class has the same art as the Explorer Naval Commander, which was the 1100 AC armour. So they likely intended it to be the AC version all along, and just accidentally mixed up the armour and the class names. Thus the new version is probably just clarifying what they'd meant before.
AQ AQW  Post #: 33
9/14/2017 14:57:56   
flyingmongoose

Lolosia War has been confirmed to be in the same style as Midnight War

23 new moderators have been fully trained and deployed according to Sora.

In regards to something that may be a member armor, Kaiju Pirate Captain is also going to be released.
There will be an AC only variant of Kaiju Naval Commander for those without the class.

Dark Corsair is available at 0% of the event
Oathbreaker set unlocks at 75%(!)

Pretty sure Alina is hinting on Twitter that Safiria is coming back in the Mogloween explosion they're doing in October.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 9/14/2017 20:11:48 >
AQW  Post #: 34
9/14/2017 18:27:21   
Ted Zlammy

It's almost TLAP time again eh? Last year was some good fun with the way you could get gear by turning in the War quests. Hopefully the war is good this time around as well.
MQ AQW  Post #: 35
9/14/2017 23:48:56   
LouisCyphere

quote:

Pretty sure Alina is hinting on Twitter that Safiria is coming back in the Mogloween explosion they're doing in October.

They better do it. I'm still salty that they killed her. C'mon, Safiria is a longtime AE NPC.

also, does that mean we will have two sides in the war?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
9/15/2017 0:11:13   
ShatteredReality

If Safiria comes back, does that mean Solani loses her job as the queen of the vampires?
AQW  Post #: 37
9/15/2017 18:19:03   
Ted Zlammy

Well, looks like the event is live. Kinda.

Seems like not all of the stuff is in the game yet though. Such as the Obsidian/Dark Paladin armor stuff, and it seem like the Armor for the Dark Corsair isn't in any of the war quests (or did they decide to sneak it onto one of the mooks?). The old blazebeard maps don't look to be in game either. Wonder when stuff will be in proper working order~

At any rate, so far only need the 2 capes from the War Quests (and the armor if it isn't in game yet). Hopefully they won't mock me like the Vampirate flintlock did last war, haha.

Edit: Well, took the time to look at Alina's twitter. Sounds like some more stuff will be added to Quibble's shop next week (which I assume is the Dark Paladin stuff), the Blazebeard maps look to be in game now, and the armor for the Dark Corsair set will be available once we get further into the war.

< Message edited by Ted Zlammy -- 9/15/2017 18:49:00 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 38
9/15/2017 18:44:22   
Beshin Adin

It's tough putting pirates and Japanese monsters in the same thought process.........
AQ AQW  Post #: 39
9/15/2017 21:17:18   
LordDarkex

Cool stuff this year! Really regret missing last year's tlapd though, the drops and quibble shop were fantastic that year
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes, September 12, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition