Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Element Locking Armors

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AQ Suggestions >> Element Locking Armors
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2017 19:39:41   
Xynophelias

I think it could be neat to see an Element locking armor, like Algern's Carapace or Svaldifari's oath, for each element. I quite enjoy these armors for the unique experience they offer and the added skill they get, it's a risk/reward situation since generally swapping to this armor will result in you taking a lot more damage but also being able to dish out a lot more as well!
Ive come up with a few idea for different special abilities each elemental armor

Fire: Special ability would be something such as x% chance to melt down the enemy's armor for the next turn or two and reducing their MRM or Increasing the element% (Thinking a decrease to the MRM would be a little more balanced though)
Water: Special ability would be something such causing the enemy to be trapped in a bubble without oxygen lowering their dexterity and perhaps another stat by a considerable amount while trapped in the bubble (I struggled coming up with a water themed effect so any suggestions would be nice)
Wind: Special ability would be something such as causing a bleed effect on the target due to how sharp the winds are or something along those lines, bleed would have all the regular attributes of any other bleed with a chance to save based on END and further attacks that have the bleed effect will increase the intensity
Ice: I had issues coming up with something for this that wasnt just a straight copy of Svalidfari's oath's stun to be honest but it would make sense for them to have a chance to be frozen solid (and perhaps take increased fire damage as a result? however that would defeat the purpose of an elemental locking armor...)
Earth: Chance to daze the enemy, giving them an x% chance to be unable to attack for an extended number of turns. (Similar to Svaldifari's oath, however this would be a reduced chance for act for a longer number of turns to compensate for that, potentially making it better or worse than the stun depending on rng)
Light: Chance to blind the foe, severely reducing their chance to hit

Obviously these are just suggestions and I am totally open to criticism on this but id love to get opinions!
Post #: 1
9/12/2017 20:34:27   
Deaf of Destiny

where is dark?
Post #: 2
9/13/2017 10:04:54   
Xynophelias

Dark would be an updated Algern's Carapace. Even the max level version (which is only level 132 if im not mistaken??) Is still actually a viable armor for 150 players, especially with how powerful the lifedrain is, but a max level version would be nice as well with maybe a few number adjustments
Post #: 3
9/13/2017 10:08:26   
Zeldax

Wind has Griffinrider Mount. Earth has Frogzard Form and Mutant King Form (both from their own weapon).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/13/2017 10:38:34   
Xynophelias

Isnt the griffinrider armor a temporary one? and as for the frogzard form i totally forgot about that one so thank you for the reminder there!
Post #: 5
9/13/2017 14:25:11   
Yozai

Griffen is a token package.

Seal of Primal Shadows is ele-lock on random light/dark

Pirate Costume have last hit locked on water

Time Twisted Carnax Fighter has the last hit locked to fire or energy.

But purely locked elemental locked armors with effects would be nice, I agree on that

< Message edited by Yozai -- 9/13/2017 14:26:18 >
AQ  Post #: 6
9/13/2017 15:04:21   
Andlu

The mage alternative for frogzard sword is mutant king club
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
9/13/2017 15:06:39   
High Paladin

In terms of effects, Water has fairly traditionally been associated with Bleed, while Wind tends to be Choke or Offbalance. (Basically you could switch the effects for those two elements).

Fire looks really nice, elemental vulnerability would synergize nicely since the point of Ele-locked armors is usually to increase your damage so that would take it even further.

I agree Ice is something of a conundrum, since it usually freezes stuff which increases fire resistance, meaning you'd want to keep changing armors to capitalize on the effect. Perhaps a "Frostbite" effect that is an Ice-element Burn?
AQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AQ Suggestions >> Element Locking Armors
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition