Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= News September 15th, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News September 15th, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/15/2017 23:00:44   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

Artix Krieger | Wednesday, September 15, 2017

Talk Like a Pirate Day Weekend!
Avast, ye' lilly livered land lubbers-- AdventureQuest 3D be celebrating its 1st ever Talk Like a Pirate Day. Raid a DC shop full o' booty to be walk'n the plank in style, har har.

What is Talk Like a Pirate Day?
Shivery me timbers! Next Tuesday, September 19th, is the official International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Or "TLAPD" if ye be one'o dem abbrever-inating scallywags). It is a one-day holiday where we... well, me matey, the name pretty much sums it up. Created by John Baur & Mark Summers, we have been celebrating it every single year in our video games. Did you know the infamous Captain Rhubarb's arrived during our 1st Talk Like a Pirate Day in the original AdventureQuest?

Captain Rhubarb's Pirate Shop
Captain Rhubarb is visiting the town of Battleon for a short time. Talk to him and check out his shop full of cosmetic DC seasonal loot.

• Pirate Hook Hand - 250 DC
  • Eye patch - 100 DC
  • Pirate Hat & Eye patch - 100 DC
  • Pirate Anchor (Weapon) - 250 DC
  • Big Pirate Cutlass - 250 DC
  • Anchor on your Back - 500 DC
  • King's Cutlass - 250 DC
  • Pirate Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
  • Naval Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
  • Leather Pirate Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
  • Leather Pirate Hat - 100 DC
  • Leather Pirate Gloves - 150 DC
  • Leather Pirate Boots - 150 DC
  • Leather Pirate Belt - 100 DC
  • Naval Commander Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
  • Naval Commander Eye Patch - 100 DC
  • Naval Commander Hat - 100 DC
  • Naval Commander Gloves - 150 DC
  • Naval Commander Boots - 150 DC
  • Naval Commander Belt - 100 DC
  • Naval Commander Shoulders - 500 DC
  • Naval Commander Cutlass - 250 DC

You can get pieces individually or...

Get it all! Pirate collector's bounty 2017
    Permanently unlock every item from the 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day Shop

Want to have every item? Want to have permanent access to every item year round without using up any of that precious bank space? Buy the "Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017" for 4,900 DC. This is a special quest item-- turn it in to Captain Rhubarb, and you will permanently unlock ALL of the items from the first ever AdventureQuest 3D Talk Like a Pirate Day. It will also give you a RARE badge.

That's right! The character page badge that you get for unlocking the 2017 TLAPD collection is RARE. Each year's collection will have its own badge so this is your ONLY CHANCE to get it!

The entire collection will be available to you through a shop which contains all the items for 0 gold (meaning you can freely get it, delete it, and get it again whenever you want.)

If ye purchase the Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017, ye can access it from Captain Rhubarb until he leaves or from Melodia in Yulgar's Inn at any time.

Kickstarter Alpha Pirate bonus
    Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and Pirate Sword Back Item!

AdventureQuest 3D keeps getting better, and in our next major release we will have the new Warrior, Rogue, Mage, and Guardian classes. Once you fall in love with those, we will rapidly be releasing Dragonslayer, Paladin, Necromancer, Ninja, and... Alpha Pirate-- which will be our first ranged Pistol class. We really wanted to surprise you by having it ready for this event, but it will be worth the wait. So, for this special event, we put bonus gifts in your Alpha Pirate shop at the Founder's sanctuary to give you more pieces to your perma-rare set-- Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and a Pirate Sword Back Item!

How to talk like a pirate
    Thee first thing ye need to know ‘bout becomin’ a pirate be crucial: ye gotta believe yer a pirate! If ye don’t truly believe ye be a Swashbuckler, then ain't nobody else gonna be fooled!

Best follow these steps below!

1. We pirates don’t be good at speakin’. We scowl a lot, and we like to mutter most o’ our words. Best get used to it, matey!
    2. Ye gotta run yer words together. Ye gotta slur. Don’t use no proper sentences, neither!
    3. If ye still have yer hands, use a motherload o’ gestures. Movin’ yer hands about when ye speak be key to a pirate’s life. It also be good fer ye circulation!
    4. Pirates be loud n’ lusty. Th' louder ye be, th' smart’r ye sound!
    5. Never say “you” or “your” unless ye wishes to walk thee plank! It be “ye” an’ “yer” in th' Pirate’s life! Savvy?
    6. Oh, and it be “me” and not no “mine”! Fer example, “that be me sword, ye no-good, two-toothed, thievin’ scallywag!”
    7. Drop th' “g” after words endin’ in “ing”. There be no need fer that “g” after many words, like goin’, and questin’, and fishin’, and swimmin’!
    8. Make up words if ye have to! We pirates don’t be minding a wee bit o’ hornswaggling!
    9. Never leave port without yer good luck charm, or there be mighty dire consequences! I never leaves home without me lucky skull beret!

Pirate 101 - Use some swanky lingo
  • All hands on deck! – A cry that calls for immediate action.
  • Ahoy! – A general greeting, meaning "Hello!"
  • Arrr! – A pirate’s most commonly used word that has no solid definition.
  • Avast! – A cry that generally means “Stop and give attention.” Can also mean "Whoa!” or "Check it out" or "No way!"
  • Aye! - "Yes!"
  • Belay - To immediately cease or stop.
  • Booty - Anything of value that a pirate can plunder.
  • Cat’o’Nine Tails – A whip made up of nine knotted ropes.
  • Crow’s Nest – A lookout point at the top of the tallest mast on a ship.
  • Cutlass – A curved sword, favored by many sailors.
  • Davy Jones' Locker – Technically means the bottom of the sea. It is also where the souls of drowned pirates go.
  • Grog – A pirate’s beverage of choice.
  • Hoist the Colors! –To raise the Pirate flag before attacking.
  • Hearties –Shipmates and friends.
  • Hornswaggle—To cheat or to lie.
  • Lad—A name for a young gentleman.
  • Lass - A name for a young woman, usually more polite.
  • Lubber or landlubber—A name give to those who prefer land over the sea.
  • Motherload –A term for a very large amount of booty or treasure.
  • Salt or Old Salt—The name given to veteran Sailors. Also used to enhance the flavor of food.
  • Savvy – Meaning to understand or “okay”.
  • Smartly – To do or to perform something quickly.
  • Scurvy –A common condition of sailors who go too long without eating fruits and vegetables.
  • Shiver me timbers! –"Well, I'll be" or "What a surprise!"
  • Swag—The common term for riches and/or gold.
  • Walk the plank – To be forced to walk the length of a plank that has been placed over the side of a ship. The outcome is not promising.

On behalf o’ th' Aaaaaaartix Entertainment crew, ye be ready fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Grab ye cutlass and ye hat, and don’t be forgettin’ yer lucky charm! At any time that ye be needin’ a quick reminder, come back ‘n get a refresher! Savvy, pirate?

• AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    9/16/2017 1:37:05   
    Andlu

Is that really all? Nothing but DC items?
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
    9/17/2017 2:54:05   
    RKC

@Andlu

Yes its all DC. If it makes you feel better Im a kickstarter in this game. I dont approve of this release so much, so I didnt buy anything in the shop at all to show this is not a good idea to make everything DC and still they expect people to be welcomed in this game.

As much as I love this release. I feel bad for people who logged in to the game thinking they can have a piece of celebration pie.

If this is what the staff is planning to draw in new players. Its not a really good idea. People who cant get DC are just left out.

< Message edited by RKC -- 9/17/2017 2:56:44 >
    AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 3
    9/17/2017 10:27:19   
    Vypie

I feel like some of the items, like the eye-patch, could have been available to all as some quest reward or sold for gold.

And if you wanted a combo of [Pirate hat + Eyepatch] in one item, then that could for example be a DC item.

Having all items being DC not only makes many players not even bother to log in, and if they did they wouldn't be able to take part in the fun with anything pirate-y.
    I mean, Pirates are all for the gold, right? ;)

I'm sure if they were not super busy preparing for the release and ashfall etc, they would have made an all around nicer event, but not having a single item for gold would not have been extra work.
    Epic  Post #: 4
    9/18/2017 8:33:07   
    overdead

Are these items perma-rare?
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    9/18/2017 8:49:49   
    *Nova*

Is AE bringing in the trend of having a shop full of dc and rare items in this game too? I guess it'll be better for them to do this sooner than later so we all know how this game will be like in the near future.
    I was hoping not every update will be solely about items, was hoping for some gameplay improvements. But Hey! it's only OPEN BETA, we still got time.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 9/18/2017 8:52:56 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 6
    9/18/2017 10:31:29   
    RKC

@overdead

They are seasona,l but if you buy the pirates collectors bounty for 4.900 DC (Which I dont recommend) you will have access to them whole year, but they will only affect the 2017 pirate items in the shop. Next year with the new ones it wont.

If you dont buy it then you have to wait next year for it to come back along with new pirate items.

< Message edited by RKC -- 9/18/2017 10:32:02 >
    AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 7
    9/18/2017 20:53:04   
    overdead

Oh good. Thanks RKC!
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News September 15th, 2017: Talk Like a Pirate Day
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition