Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2017 0:39:54   
Jet Silver

You know how for the longest time we've had the 13th weapons, and the question of who Jaysun was became expanded from a little blurb on a weapon to a full-on villain with a detailed and interesting backstory? Or how we found the backstory of Illumina the summon gem through her book?

Have you seen or read something that you found interesting to the point you wish it got expanded on like those, even in the form of a short book? Like who was the Deathknight Zeclem? What's the order of Death Knights known as Death Stalkers? What do Soul Harvester's look like? Who is the very, very short ice mage?

Personally my favorite is the Shadowheart Bracer.

quote:

Legends tell the story of a Darkness elemental who fell in love with a hero. The elemental gave up their mortal form to be with the hero always.

Like, where can I find more of this legend? What happened? I find it particularly neat because it's found in some of Caitiff's quests, where we're effectively playing as a darkness elemental who's inhabiting the body of our dear innkeeper fused with the Doom Weapon they're bound to. Could the elemental also have been one who'd been inside a Doom Weapon but ending up falling for their wielder? (Sure they're members of the Shadowscythe, but hey it could happen. Just ask Medeia in MechQuest. And then don't remind Braddock Steele.) Could it have even been a princess like the princess of light when she decided to take a human form? Who was the hero of this legend? Who knows. There's so many possible facets to the story and so little information on it. I'd love a book or some place in the game discussing it though.

Anyone else have little blurbs or details that might not have been meant for much but leave you thinking "WOW this is interesting, but now I wanna know more. When can I get MORE?!" Particularly on some weapon or accessory.

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 9/16/2017 0:44:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/16/2017 21:29:48   
Flabagast

To be fair, Medeia seemed to be more humanoid than your typical Shadowscythe Pilot. And as I remember it she only thought of Braddock as an ideal mate with which to produce strong offspring. Besides, I'd argue that the Shadowscythe of Dragonfable are even less capable of feeling love than their pre-Reset counterparts.

More on topic, I've always been curious about the Helm of Destiny and Mantle of Destiny, and how items of Destiny (besides weapons) are made. Does it work the same way the weapons do; would one need to acquire a Doomknight's Helm and purify it into a helm of Destiny?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
9/17/2017 0:35:17   
Jet Silver

Yeah, who was the great paladin/crusader of light who wielded those items? Was he someone who could purify items like Artix? In regards to Final 13th items, another thing I'm curious about is Gabriel, Uriel, Metatron, and particularly, Metatron's master.

quote:

Metatron heard the words of his Master and lent his grace to these weapons, bestowing them on those who would wield them in service to the light.
Uriel looked down on the rogues and saw them fighting on behalf of all that is good in the world, and chose to bestow his daggers upon them.

Gabriel's Blade description only mentions the weapon as a gift from the heavens, but the implication seems to be he was an important figure to the light and blessed his weapon as well. Who are these beings? What is their purpose? Who could possibly be the master of such a being though? The Lady of Light? Her avatar? The very princess within Ash's blade? Did they choose to act in the Final 13th or do the weapons reference a period from long ago?

As for the Medeia thing, I dunno.

quote:

Medeia: You win, <Character>... Perhaps I will never obtain the love of my life.
<Character>: I'm sure there's some... lucky guy out there for you somewhere. I guess..
Medeia: Whatever. Just leave my ship before I hit self-destruct and destroy us all.

Medeia: Maybe someday things will be different between us....

Sounds like being an agent of darkness and doom that wants to destroy all life doesn't exclude that kinda stuff. Honestly got me wondering where Steele and Medeia went in the Reset. I can't really recall if it was clear she was from the plane of Darkness or not, it seemed most users of the Sepulchure mech were. But at that point I'm just speculating about other things and non-DF stuff and I don't think this is the thread for that. :P Plus with how one-sided it was it's not even worth me humoring it was those two, and post-reset questions could be applied to too many characters. (Especially the other Gears house leaders...)

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 9/17/2017 0:48:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/18/2017 3:03:00   
Rafiq von den Vielen

since Destiny/Paladin related things are already mentioned here (and my 4th is currently farming Doom upgrade resources)... what's up with Braughlmurk Bindings and Shadow Bone Shards?

Why were the parties mentioned in the item description at war? What made them different from regular Paladins/Necromancers? Were they just alternatively trained or are they from a different school altogether? Could they do something "regular" Pallys/Necros couldn't? And what was that feat?

Why did they end up warring in the end?
Post #: 4
9/19/2017 1:48:21   
Flabagast

^ I've always found Braughlmurk Cape interesting, and I still wonder if it'll ever be revisited or expanded upon. I've just assumed that the Braughlmurk Paladins were pretty similar to any old member of the Order you'd find around Lore nowadays, aside from the armour they wore I suppose, since it was blessed with light magic.

The Shadow Necromancers may have been a different story though. Since the battle has seemed to leave the entire place full of spooks, I'd wager there was something about the Shadow Necromancers' magic that made them pretty unique.
quote:

Ennwen: The bones and spirits of the paladins still try to stand guard in the depth of the ruins as well.

^^^I'd also bet their magic had a hand in reanimating the Paladins too.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
9/19/2017 6:52:37   
Kyros127

@above

I think it was mentioned by Dracelix (in game) that Paladin Order are slowly rebuilding their headquarters at Braughlmurk Cape in Book 3.

Personally I'm curious about Aegis backstory and how he died. According to Aegis he apparently died on a expedition to the North searching for a spherical object of great power. I don't think its being directly confirmed or denied whether this object was in fact the Ice Orb. Also he apparently was betrayed by a friend right after saving said friend from drowning.
Post #: 6
9/19/2017 7:20:20   
Kailaa

yes i like death knight order one as well
btw ik its not related here but i hear in some other forum people talking about discord of somekind can anyone link me to it ?
Post #: 7
9/19/2017 18:17:12   
GammaCavy

metaron is a common fantasy term for 'voice of god', and Uriel andGabierl are, of course, angels. I'm fairly sure those weapons are the team's little nod to religion.
DF  Post #: 8
9/19/2017 19:48:43   
Greyor_42

^ yep. metatron, uriel, and gabriel are all archangels from judaism and christianity. so, "metatron's master", would be a reference to the abrahamic God, most likely.
DF  Post #: 9
9/19/2017 20:08:16   
Jet Silver

Now I understand that, but the descriptions also mean they have some kind of counterpart in regards to LORE's world. Who those people are on LORE is the thing I'm particularly curious of.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/19/2017 20:50:56   
Greyor_42

quote:

but the descriptions also mean they have some kind of counterpart in regards to LORE's world.

not necessarily. there are plenty of items who's flavor text exist purely for the sake of referencing something, and have absolutely no impact on the world of lore. and quite a few of them have characters, for example, Itchi's Restrained Blade, whose description, and even appearance is a shout out to the anime "bleach". and that's all it is: a shout out.

however, that doesn't mean they DON'T have some alternate meaning to Lore. all it means is that it's not a 100% guarantee that they do. i'd personally give it a 50/50 chance that there's something important to lore in it.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 9/19/2017 20:54:04 >
DF  Post #: 11
9/20/2017 10:44:21   
Jet Silver

Fair enough, but I guess part of the point of this thread is that little shout-outs like Itchi could potentially end up being made into some parody character that exists proper, since that's literally how Jaysun ended up being a thing. Even if they aren't relevant or important to lore, or are just shout-outs, I don't think that removes the fact exist in the world by way of the description making it so.

I now want to see Itchi Goes delivery in Swordhaven.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/20/2017 11:15:56   
Greyor_42

@jet silver

quote:

I now want to see Itchi Goes delivery in Swordhaven.

not gonna lie, i totally agree with that.
DF  Post #: 13
9/20/2017 11:31:55   
Baron Dante

quote:

not necessarily. there are plenty of items who's flavor text exist purely for the sake of referencing something, and have absolutely no impact on the world of lore. and quite a few of them have characters, for example, Itchi's Restrained Blade, whose description, and even appearance is a shout out to the anime "bleach". and that's all it is: a shout out.

however, that doesn't mean they DON'T have some alternate meaning to Lore. all it means is that it's not a 100% guarantee that they do. i'd personally give it a 50/50 chance that there's something important to lore in it.

The way I see it is that these things have to exist in-universe. Sure, we may never see or heard of them any further, and there's not really any reason we would have to, but outside of the rare cases that are specifically not canon (Like a bunch of the DC classes etc.), it just makes sense that these things are part of Lore's... lore.

Of course, that means that if something isn't mentioned in the game (Or supplementary material, I suppose. That kinda depends, as we know), we can't just extrapolate to accept that anything else we associate with that particular reference holds true.
So sure, we have someone called Itchi, that during Book 1 (Maybe 3 too? You can still buy the weapon from Cysero in Book 3) had a delivery business in Swordhaven. He used to hunt ghosts with a sword that had the ability to get stronger, and visually changed to reflect that.
(You know, if only there was a Ghost specification in the game, it'd be neat to release a new version of this thing that triggers against them and changes form accordingly. Not exactly in the... spirit... of the original reference, but hey.)
Anyways, that's all we really have to go off of in terms of Itchi. Two descriptions in weapons. Can't really assume he uh, fought other ghost hunters to save a friend or anything like that :P

I do want to pose the big question though.
Are Dragonfable item descriptions the Dark Souls of item descriptions?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/20/2017 23:16:19   
Jet Silver

quote:

Are Dragonfable item descriptions the Dark Souls of item descriptions?

No, but they are the Crash Bandicoot of shout-outs and references.

One item description that also got me really curious in its possible relation to in-game story was the Avenger's Helm.

quote:

Long ago there was an order of evil knights who swore to defend the worlds most powerful elemental dark items from all danger. These knights attempted to keep light balanced with darkness, but these knights became lost to the dark.

Aren't the most powerful elemental dark items the Doom Weapons? What happened to this order of evil knights? Are they involved in the history of the Shadowscythe?

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 9/21/2017 0:01:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/24/2017 13:11:17   
Fire alandry

The history of Ravenloss and the ChaosWeavers. Especially more information about Sk'aar (I hope this is the right spelling), the CW god of nightmares (you can see him in the Museum). I mean, we have almost no gods in the game, so this can be very interesting.

(Maybe he just another form of Kathool? Sea creatures think it look like that because this is the worst thing they can imagine, and CW imagine it like a... Goat-man? Well... nevermind).

I am Alandry, the fighting scholar- an imagination mage and elementalist.
I always happy to help and glad to learn.
DF  Post #: 16
9/24/2017 13:26:01   
Shiny_Underpants

^
quote:

(Maybe he just another form of Kathool? Sea creatures think it look like that because this is the worst thing they can imagine, and CW imagine it like a... Goat-man? Well... nevermind).

The entire point of Kathool is that you can't quite tell truth from reality, so he could be very capable of appearing as a... goat-man.
Though it is more likely that his true form is a sea creature, since he lives in the sea.

In light of the recent replay of the 2016 Talk Like a Pirate Day quest, I'd like to see some more of the feathered creatures (I've forgotten what they're called...). I suspect our travel to Azaveyr will involve some type of encounter with them in any case-- there is an implication in this quest that our travel to Azaveyr will involve signing on to Maz's crew.
DF MQ  Post #: 17
9/24/2017 14:09:39   
Baron Dante

quote:

The history of Ravenloss and the ChaosWeavers. Especially more information about Sk'aar (I hope this is the right spelling), the CW god of nightmares (you can see him in the Museum). I mean, we have almost no gods in the game, so this can be very interesting.

Well, going back to item descriptions that are basically just references to other things, we do have the weapons from Ice Cave.
Mjolnir, Gungnir and Midgard Serpent Chakram.
quote:

This hammer is the favorite of the Thunder God, Thor. It occasionally will let loose with a blast of thunder, calling out the praise of the original wielder.

quote:

This spear was Odin's favorite. He was often seen wielding it while riding Slepnir, the eight legged steed.

quote:

When Gotterdammerung happens, the mighty Thor will be brought low by the Midgard Serpent. Loki crafted this weapon in anticipation of that day.

I mean sure, only one of these is actually referred to as a god, but figured I might as well drop the other parts of the set.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/24/2017 16:36:15   
Fire alandry

@baron Dante
This is interesting. But as you said, those gods have nothing to do with Lore.
So, how many gods we have in-game?
There is Zeuster, of course.
IIRC, the avatars are seen as gods to many people. Is it true? If yes, why?
The Shapeless is an artificial god, according to Roirr. So, people maybe worship it, but it's not a God.
There is Sk'aar. I wish that we were know if he's real like Zeuster, and do the CW still believe in him...

Another interesting point is said by Mana-Roirr:
quote:

???: I have seen the throne of the Gods... and it was empty...

But Tomix said he was just delusional, so this has no meaning, sadly.
DF  Post #: 19
9/24/2017 21:41:44   
Silver Sky Magician

I think some backstory on Captain Hugo would be nice. He was the least developed of all of Seppy's spies. Maybe he could be an underling of Amadeus even now.

Lots of different races in Ravenloss that we could really explore, especially the Dark Elves and Dracomancers. And what about Char...?

Very surprised that the Rose managed to establish dominance over almost all parts of Dragonia. As we have seen vampires and doom elementals easily overwhelmed them - surely other intelligent races like elves and dragons could muster enough firepower to stand their ground? Is this really all thanks to Zadd? If so, how did he become so strong in just a few years?

Epic  Post #: 20
9/24/2017 22:29:25   
Baron Dante

quote:

This is interesting. But as you said, those gods have nothing to do with Lore.
So, how many gods we have in-game?
There is Zeuster, of course.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, as it's in the game and not really explicitly stated as non-canon, we know that within the DF universe, there is a God of Thunder, and idk, he left his favorite hammer in a cave on Lore. :P

I'm still yet to see any form of evidence to Zeuster being any sort of a god. The opposite on the other hand...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/24/2017 22:50:03   
Greyor_42

@silver sky magician

quote:

Is this really all thanks to Zadd? If so, how did he become so strong in just a few years?

simple. he actually has funding now. of course, he himself is still an incompetent fool that the devs seems to pick on alot when he isn't simply inventing or examining things for the rose.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 9/24/2017 22:52:42 >
DF  Post #: 22
9/25/2017 3:07:47   
Rafiq von den Vielen

My bet is on Zadd being a Nexus that managed to somehow use the magical storeroom that he is (lack of a better term, my bad) to increase his own capabilities.
Post #: 23
9/25/2017 18:15:56   
PurgeXZ

For those of you asking about Uriel, Gabriel, and Metatron, they are archangels from Christianity, and Judaism.
Uriel and Gabriel are 2 of the archangels, (Along with Michael and Raphael) and Metatron's leader would be God, as he is the voice of God. Metatron also has a "twin" known as Sandalphon.
I know this because
A. I'm a nerd
B. I play Shin Megami Tensei. (They're generally portrayed as villains though. xD)
Post #: 24
9/25/2017 18:21:02   
DarkLore

Sir Malifact's Tale! I wanted this for years! We know he found a cursed ring that warped him into a DeathKnight. But we don't know the whole story from his perspective. Would be nice to get a character slot for him... Play as him in Paladin form. Then later... DeathKnight up until his fall and sealing in his crypt by Trelix and Stabina's hands!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition