Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2017 23:59:25   
Vaalirus

Love to explore the Dark Elven royalty
DF  Post #: 26
9/27/2017 16:37:44   
GammaCavy

Dracomancer. Just more on the dracomancers.
DF  Post #: 27
9/27/2017 20:24:10   
The Jop

King Splurt. I really want to know how the sneevils' world works. Is their currency boxes? What do they eat? Do they have their own culture or just adapt to other peoples' like zards adapt to elements?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/7/2017 2:35:29   
Christophoses
AQW Release Tester & Lore Connoisseur

1. The extinct Codex civilization. I was fascinated by the concept of a race of enlightened beings who lived around the Ynnungaap and would love to find out more about them.

2. The Dark Elves in Ravenloss. There's definitely a story there. I need to know more!

3. Innkeeper Caitiff

4. The origins and pantheon of the 1st Dimension. Dimensional Transphasers are extremely powerful beings. However, they are shrouded in mystery. More information is required.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
10/7/2017 15:09:04   
GammaCavy

Void Dragons. How did they split into the two factions? Are the combat abilities of a SoulSmith less than those of a SoulWeaver? More on the dynamics of the Weaving Families. Did the void dragons build the Codex? And if not them, who? How can a human and a dragon get married and have children? I mean, did Nythera hatch, or what?
DF  Post #: 30
10/7/2017 21:38:26   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

quote:

How can a human and a dragon get married and have children? I mean, did Nythera hatch, or what?

in my time, i have learned there are some questions better left... unanswered.
DF  Post #: 31
10/7/2017 22:04:23   
Dragtarius

Dragons can probably have kids with non Dragons through shape-shifting. Since we saw Nythera's mother in a human form.

In short, Magic.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
10/7/2017 22:26:32   
Nessa Ellensse

quote:

A millennium ago, there occurred an elemental war so terrible that the northern reache o of this land were left so desolate as to bear its namesake

First I thought that war was only 5 years ago. Why does the map say 1,000 years? Is this a mistake or has someone been rewritting Lore's History? I' would like to see the fate of Battleon looked into a bit more closely

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 10/7/2017 22:27:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 33
10/7/2017 22:33:35   
Kyros127

@above

I think the war which occurred a millennium happened before the Avatars gave the guardians the elemental orbs. After the devastation that elemental war caused the Avatars gave the guardians the orbs in order to restore balance or something.

< Message edited by Kyros127 -- 10/7/2017 22:36:41 >
Post #: 34
10/7/2017 22:35:02   
Greyor_42

@nessa ellensse

quote:

First I thought that war was only 5 years ago. Why does the map say 1,000 years? Is this a mistake or has someone been rewritting Lore's History? I' would like to see the fate of Battleon looked into a bit more closely

no, it's always been a millenium ago. they're referring to the war where the avatars showed up and gave the orbs to the humans to guard. that story was already explained in the earth orb saga.

the "five years ago" thing was just what dragonfable was ORIGINALLY supposed to be for adventure quest classic, but that didn't last long.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/7/2017 22:36:15 >
DF  Post #: 35
10/7/2017 22:36:41   
Flabagast

^ Yup. It also happened shortly before Fae got her powers from the Nature Orb.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
10/8/2017 1:34:34   
Nessa Ellensse

Greyor_42 There are some things that don't add up

1) Prior to book 3 The deadlands did not exist, Battleon and Willowcreek were acceable, and the area around them was very hospitable. So it was not the war where the avatars that showed up that devistated the region

2) Count Frydae talks about Drakath who you fight in book 2 having children and grand children

quote:

Lord Frydae: I accepted this gift to complete my rule over this dark land, but that slug Drakath reduced me to hiding in the darkest shadows.
Lord Frydae: Then he and his children and his children’s children took my kingdom, my legacy, for their own.
Lord Frydae: The once mighty kingdom of Darkovia… reduced to a mere Doomwood within Greenguard. My own descendants were weak. Pitiful.

3)
quote:

<Character>: I haven't had very many positive interactions with your organization. I tend not to take it well when someone freezes me in a giant block of ice.
Magus Neron: You seem to have taken it better than Arch Magus Jaania. I supposed a few years versus hundreds can make that difference.

4) Everyone else has aged in appearance, but it's somewhere around 5 -7 years give or take.

How long exactly has the main charater been out and what happened?

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 10/8/2017 1:36:22 >
AQ DF  Post #: 37
10/8/2017 2:09:57   
Greyor_42

@nessa ellensse

the reason they don't add up is because all of those things are completely unrelated.

1) the deadlands aren't the reason that battleon and willowshire aren't accessible right now. it's simply because book 3 battleon and book 3 willowshire haven't been made yet. besides, there were defendable points during the black winter war, meaning they they're STILL hospitable. there's no lore reason as to why we can't go to them in book 3. same goes for deadlands, it's just that up until book 3, they were nothing more than backstory. it just that NOW it's been coded into the game. besides, sulen 'eska didn't exist on the map in-game before book 3. that doesn't it didn't exist lore-wise before then. a forest village of wind elves doesn't just pop up out of nowhere in the span of 5 years. especially one so established, and cultured. also, it specifically says the "northern reaches" of the deadlands are desolate and inhospitable, not all of it. battleon and willowshire are respectively in the southern and middle area, not the north.

2) remember, even in book 1 Frydae was CENTURIES old. the drakath he was referring to wouldn't be the one WE know. if you look at the valtrith storyline, in the quest where you find serenity's diary from when she was still a valtrith herself, it talks about the drakath FAMILY from 600 years before the events of dragonfable.
quote:

(Page 1) I hate it here. I hate my family. Why couldn't I have been a Valorous? We're supposed to hate them because the dragons favored them and then Lord Valorous disappeared with their gift... I bet he went on an adventure! He went to save a town from the Night Knight Pugs Frydae or the Goddess Arkana! He's probably been trapped in a dungeon or under a spell for the last 400 years... one day he'll come back with the dragon's gift and I won't have to be afraid anymore. He'll save me and all the townspeople from my family and we'll go and stop the Drakath's, and the Frydae's, and the Darkspyre's. and the Duat's and all the fighting will finally be over....

3&4) canonically, the hero has been frozen for around 5 years, but again, completely unrelated to the deadlands.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/8/2017 2:20:39 >
DF  Post #: 38
10/8/2017 22:43:52   
Flabagast

^ Just to add to that, we've been to the Deadlands long before Book 3 began. Sepulcher's fortress was in the northern reaches of the Deadlands, and in Book 2 the Professor had a hideout in the Deadlands. So story-wise, it has cropped up now and again.

I knew Geo had mentioned Frydae and the Drakaths somewhere! >>>> Clickies

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 10/8/2017 22:47:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
10/9/2017 14:35:14   
Warmonger DragonJax

Atrea and the Empress being so mysterious I'm curious about their motives and True Mortals quest line because it has been so long and that man who is the big baddie seems really serious and way more powerful than he should be in comparison to the pantheon of villains we already have.
Post #: 40
10/12/2017 3:14:30   
Vanilla Icecream

Did we ever get to know what summon gems are, where they're from, and what the creatures do on their free time when they're not summoned?
DF  Post #: 41
10/12/2017 3:20:12   
Lord Run

play as Sapachulre when he was Valen back when he served the king and him and finaly to some what get to know what kind of person was the mother of Gravelyin Victoria Britany Terra
and the person that started the war between Sep to Alteon and more so Darkath Father! the one battle quest at AQW against Darkath Father was not nearly engoth for me its time to put the story origins on the screen in detailed and setesfieing way that story all ways deserved but never was toled as it shouled have in any of the AE games
Post #: 42
10/16/2017 15:17:24   
Nessa Ellensse

Ghost of Tiffany. Who was Tiffanny and why does her ghost seem like someone I've seen in Game before?

Admitilly she does look a lot like sally from AQ Worlds but I know there is some creepy quest where you meet a buch of creey doll like girls as NPCs

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 10/16/2017 15:25:04 >
AQ DF  Post #: 43
10/16/2017 15:45:02   
elixxon

How about the Hero's origin as a kind of being and it's purpose in the grand scheme of things?

The Hero is not omnipotent, but even if they can't defeat the enemy by their own strength they are the catalyst that sets change in motion and tips the balance to the "good guys' favor" in the conflict. They are also awfully resilient. So much so that nothing managed to actually kill the Hero. Heck the Hero even went toe to toe with DEATH itself and WON!!!!

There must be some cosmic force keeping them running!
DF  Post #: 44
10/16/2017 18:09:27   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Any Chaosweaver background. There are so many references to Chaosweaver history throughout book 1 Ravenloss, and I'd LOVE to see them expanded upon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
10/16/2017 19:29:31   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

quote:

How about the Hero's origin as a kind of being and it's purpose in the grand scheme of things?

no, that wouldn't really be good. besides, the hero's origin is PURPOSEFULLY left blank, so that we can make one for ourselves(heck, there's a whole thread somewhere where we discus the origins of our heroes).

quote:

The Hero is not omnipotent, but even if they can't defeat the enemy by their own strength they are the catalyst that sets change in motion and tips the balance to the "good guys' favor" in the conflict. They are also awfully resilient. So much so that nothing managed to actually kill the Hero. Heck the Hero even went toe to toe with DEATH itself and WON!!!!

There must be some cosmic force keeping them running!

this, however has actually been explained. the elemental orbs boosted our abilities exponentially as we came in contact with them, so we're pretty much superhuman. of course, durability and stamina is something we've always had naturally in spades, but with the orbs, we've kind of become monsters in those two aspects especially(i mean, we can fight through 60% or so of an army of undead and cultists that is 13,000,000 waves strong, and just be "a little winded".)
DF  Post #: 46
10/17/2017 1:59:31   
elixxon

@Greyor_42
quote:

no, that wouldn't really be good. besides, the hero's origin is PURPOSEFULLY left blank, so that we can make one for ourselves(heck, there's a whole thread somewhere where we discus the origins of our heroes).

I expressed myself wrong. I meant the "Hero" possibly being a role that someone takes up to either balance things out or clean up things. Timeline-wise after the Hero's appearance at Oaklore, bigger and bigger forces began to move to destroy or reeeeally mess up the world(earlier ones were put out before they could even begin like Frydae trying to take over the world with a moe 3kawaii5me vampire granddaugter; Noxus' undead legion, etc.), but the Hero was always there to stop it, and when they got frozen for 5 years the world just spiraled into a reeeally big mess.
DF  Post #: 47
10/17/2017 9:57:26   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

ahhh. you want to know where their TITLE as "hero of lore" originated.

based on the events, they started out as "hero of falconreach" during xan's assault on falconreach(which we actually lost that war way back before the orb saga started), even getting named as the 301st elite knight by king alteon. then, as book 1 progressed, they became "hero of___" accordingly for each and every village/city/whatever that they visited and did their heroics in, to the point that it probably just got too much trouble to list everywhere that they were hero of, so people condensed it down and just gave him the title "hero of lore", which they FULLY earned as a title during the climax of book 1, when they slew the SMUDD. at least, that's what i believe led to the title.
DF  Post #: 48
10/17/2017 11:13:37   
elixxon

I did not mean the literal title but the way how the Hero is seemingly acting like a force of nature at the grand scheme of things.
With the amount of powers popping up being so extremely close to world domination / MASSIVE scale of destruction it seems weird how did the world not end before the Hero showed up.

Although it may be just the Hero acting as the counterbalance to what we could vaguely refer to as "the evils of the world", and the BROKEN OP characters chilling in the background are chilling in the background so they won't level nations by accidents or going overboard while fighting for the "good" cause themselves. Which explains the world not ending long before the Hero was even born with they were keeping things together.

The 5 years of absence however broke the balancing letting "the evils of the world" run rampart giving the Rose the way to grow so exponentially with the absence of any other force that could do something about the chaos.
DF  Post #: 49
10/17/2017 12:56:06   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

well, "lore" does quite literally stand for "Land Of Rising Evil" in dragonfable, so it could be taken as "the evil and chaos grows(rises) over time. besides, the hero we play as isn't the only hero that lives on lore, so it's very likely that until we showed up, there were several other heroes that acted to defend the people. besides, before the events of book 1, the guardians were a pretty strong force(they kind of had to be, considering their main purpose was to guard the elemental orbs from everything).
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition