Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/17/2017 13:04:49   
elixxon

Is Lore really the acronym for that? OMG X,D

That explains literally EVERYTHING!!!
DF  Post #: 51
10/18/2017 2:29:26   
Phastore

Just went out on a flashback trip to Hunter's Paradise, and it seems that the game still hasn't told Teral's past life together with his "love" as well as his tattoos, the room that's blocked by some bandits? I don't actually remember... Also, we haven't been introduced to "Deep Root", the path next to the other that leads to the Blackwynn Tomb?
AQW  Post #: 52
10/20/2017 10:36:50   
spirit of greed

There's so many unexplained things in this game.

1:More Dravir history. How the dravir society work, what happened to them after Gorgok was defeated, did they had civil war?

2:More backstory about Ravenloss and the Chaosweavers

3:More history about Valthrith's early years and more about his family, they seems to be interesting Definitely not a boring normal family.

4:More Dracomancers

5:The backstory how Tomix banished the rest of the corrupted spirits.

7:The truth about Grams. It's so sad that everyone thinks she was a spy. Even the hero and Grams's family.
DF AQW  Post #: 53
10/20/2017 11:32:15   
elixxon

7. Seriously why no one found out the truth about it? She died such a heroic death, yet remembered as a villain.
DF  Post #: 54
10/20/2017 15:18:03   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

in the third atgasedd quest, you fight embodiments of betrayal, and the fake doom grams is the bossfight. upon completing the quest, you get a title card where the description is just "grams....", showing that the hero is still hurt by it. the sad part is, the hero isn't eve sure of what her fate truly was, as they only think she died. and they don't even know about her being on sepulchure's fortress when it crashed. and then grace showed up at the nest, looking almost identical to grams which really shook up the hero.
DF  Post #: 55
10/20/2017 20:14:55   
Flabagast

@Spirit of greed

We did learn quite a bit about the Dravir from Mritha, concerning their origin and their oppression at the hands of Dragons.

Also, speaking of Tomix, I'd personally like to know how he found out that Aspar resurrected him (presumably using Poitr's soul).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
10/20/2017 20:35:32   
Steel_King

The Grams issue needs to be settled once and for all. It's so depressing that such a great person is remembered as a villain. I would also love to know more about:

Braughlmurk Cape

Other families at the time of the Valtriths (like the Darkspyres)

Ravenloss. Did the Chaosweavers build it? Was it always underground?

Teral's backstory.

All things Void. The Codex, schism between the Void Dragons, what the Core IS!?

*Just had a thought isn't related to this thread, but what if the Void Core is somehow linked to the Mana Core? Like a matter/antimatter thing? No need to respond, just wanted to say it.
Post #: 57
10/21/2017 16:57:56   
King of Zards

I'm curious about some places we've heard about but never visited like Coldfall Barrens and Siren's Anchorage.
Also, the supposedly haunted ruins that are visible from Moonridge. We haven't been there yet, have we?
Post #: 58
10/23/2017 10:58:54   
spirit of greed

8: I totally forgot Bread Lady Caitiff. I want to see her so much in that alternative universe and be friend with her.

@Flabagast

I forgot it thanks.
Anyway i still miss them, i wouldn't mind if we could help them and be friends with them just like with the clawkins. I'm sure not everyone of them is evil.

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 10/23/2017 11:02:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 59
10/24/2017 0:50:23   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Forgot to mention two of the most important things I've been wondering about for almost a decade: the Elemental pantheons, and The Mysterious Stranger and its army.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
10/25/2017 15:43:02   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

I wouldn't count on Grams necessarily being dead, because someone got to be raising Gravelyn, and I doubt it's Seppy.
DF AQW  Post #: 61
10/25/2017 17:21:01   
Da Awesomancer

I highly doubt Seppy would trust Grams with his daughter again, not after she attempted to escape with her. If anything, he's more likely to be actively raising her now because he wouldn't actively trust most people to look after her after that sort of thing.
DF AQW  Post #: 62
10/25/2017 19:25:17   
Greyor_42

^ that and sepulchure DID leave her unconscious in the fortress when it crashed into the guardian tower... if the guardians in the tower didn't survive, what odds does grams have?
DF  Post #: 63
10/25/2017 19:58:30   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ She is a named character so quite high.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
10/26/2017 3:50:25   
Fionnes

^ And given they've elaborated her full name (Gramercy) and given her more backstory through that Yulgar quest I imagine they can do more with that character.
DF  Post #: 65
10/31/2017 11:24:31   
Pantocrator

If there is something that I want to have an explanation about, it's the relation between the central governing authority based in Swordhaven and the different Orders within the kingdom such as the Guardian Order, the Paladin Order, etc.

Let's face it: there has to be a reason why, in Book 3, the Rose has not tried to level Falconreach to the ground aside from being the home base of the Hero as well as the stationed adventurers, guardians, and other such individuals capable of arming themselves and/or use magic that could go toe-to-toe with the Rose's forces. If we look at it from the point of view of any governing authority, Falconreach, being the safe haven of those whom the Rose and, in turn, Swordhaven, has deemed to be the enemies of the kingdom, has openly contested the authority of the King, making anyone who lives there enemies of the kingdom. This alone would warrant the use of military force to lay siege of the city or, worse, to reduce it to the ground.

The only plausible clue to the answer must have to do with the Orders. There must be considerable political clout that the Orders must have in order to prevent something like a siege of Falconreach from happening. Given that the Black Winter War pretty much weakened severely the capacity of Falconreach to defend itself from another large scale conflict, the fact that we refused Jaania's offer leads to the conclusion that there is really nothing that can stop the Rose from attacking.

So, this brings us to the question of the Orders and their relation to Swordhaven. Given that DF is situated within a parody of the feudal ages, are the Orders serve the same purpose as their historical counterparts such as the Knights Templar or the Sovereign Order of Malta (the Sovereign Order of Malta is still existing today)? This would also clear the relation of The Rose with respect to the kingdom and how they managed to attain the scale and size that it is today as of Book 3.

Other than that, the ones listed here are well and good and I would like to explore them as well.

"Four men entered the Orchard Azzai, Zoma, Acher, and Akiva. Azzai looked and died; Zoma looked and went mad; Acher cut off the branches; Akiva entered in peace and departed in peace."
Post #: 66
10/31/2017 11:39:31   
Greyor_42

@pantocrator

quote:

Let's face it: there has to be a reason why, in Book 3, the Rose has not tried to level Falconreach to the ground aside from being the home base of the Hero as well as the stationed adventurers, guardians, and other such individuals capable of arming themselves and/or use magic that could go toe-to-toe with the Rose's forces. If we look at it from the point of view of any governing authority, Falconreach, being the safe haven of those whom the Rose and, in turn, Swordhaven, has deemed to be the enemies of the kingdom, has openly contested the authority of the King, making anyone who lives there enemies of the kingdom. This alone would warrant the use of military force to lay siege of the city or, worse, to reduce it to the ground.

actually, it's specifically BECAUSE king alteon wants it left alone that it is. in other words, it's by the king's authority. ATTACKING falconreach would be openly contesting his authority.

quote:

from the tournament of champions, part 1:

Amadeus: As for Falconreach...
Jaania: I know. I'm respecting Alteon's wishes... ... for the time being.

but yeah, the relationship between the guardians, the swordhaven knights, and the paladins is something i WOULD like to see explored a bit.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/31/2017 11:41:25 >
DF  Post #: 67
11/1/2017 9:52:37   
Pantocrator

@Greyor:

Well, I didn't know that particular tidbit of information so, thank you for providing that. But, there is still too many loose ends to consider. As far as I know, the Guardian Order was tasked to be the custodians of the elemental orbs and to safeguard it against hostile forces. It is for this reason that the Guardian Towers that can be found all over the kingdom were built: to act as safe havens for the orbs. If the thesis that the major cities of the kingdom such as Falconreach, Willowshire, Amityvale, etc. were established as the result of the Towers being a nexus point for trade and commerce is correct, then it isn't far-fetched to conclude that the cities can be considered as under the protection of the Order itself. Since the Order must have some level of autonomy from the kingdom, then the kingdom, in turn, acknowledges the existence of these cities part of its dominion. There must be a concession on the part of the Guardian Order that, at the end of the day, they are not to be considered as a separate political entity and is still subjected to the sovereignty of the kingdom although, they could engage in diplomatic relations.

Notwithstanding the organizational structure of the Order, of course. That is still a mystery. Are the individual Guardian Towers to be considered as an discrete, independent entity on its own? Or is there are centralized command structure that directs the action of the Order as a whole? There are only too few information regarding the Paladin Order to be discussed about so, that is reserved for future discussions. The thesis about the origin of the major cities such as Falconreach is only presumed to be correct. Who knows? Maybe Falconreach existed before the establishment of the Guardian Tower. But, it cannot be denied that the Guardian Order's influence runs deep within Falconreach.

Speaking of influence, I've noticed that, in Book 1, the presence of Swordhaven has not been felt throughout the kingdom in terms of its soldiers being anywhere other than Falconreach and the surrounding areas such as Oaklore Keep and Surewood Forest. What I mean is that there was a noticeable lack of military presence throughout the kingdom. It is only in Book 3 that the presence of Swordhaven has been felt throughout the kingdom with the help of The Rose to the extent that the Sandsea and Amityvale has been included within its domain. This raises a few questions. One, is the king's support for The Rose a matter of political convenience since it has the benefit of uniting the kingdom under his control? Two, if this is the case, what is the king's contingency plan if The Rose becomes unruly or has decided to sever its allegiance to him?

We have not touched even the subject of the arcana imperii (secret of power) with respect to The Rose, the kingdom of Swordhaven, and the various orders within the land. The Hero, too, figures into the arcana as well since not only his skill but also his influence runs deep within the kingdom. There is a need for a further exploration regarding the political influence of the Hero as has been revealed during the aftermath of the Black Winter War.

There are so many things left unexplored as of now. But, I would also like for some other details to be explored as well such as the summon gems and the flavor texts on weapons. Those would add a fascinating layer to the story of Lore in general.
Post #: 68
11/1/2017 17:21:04   
Axpower

Anyone know what's up with the little area in Book 3 Falconreach accessible by going up (downstream, judging from the direction of water flow) the river? What is that statue?

< Message edited by Axpower -- 11/1/2017 17:23:49 >
DF  Post #: 69
11/1/2017 17:36:57   
Greyor_42

@axpower

are you referring to the broken one with the moglin sitting on it? that's the memorial statue to warlic from when he died.
DF  Post #: 70
11/1/2017 19:34:53   
Sakurai the Cursed

^Pretty sure they mean the one in the little glade down the 'hidden' path along the river. In which case, it's probably geopetal (former head of the DragonFable team), but I have my doubts; when it was first released I remember starting a conspiracy thread saying that it couldn't be her because there was a hidden little popup if you hovered over her Design Notes avatar that said "has blue eyes," while the statue's eyes are green. Very suspicious.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/1/2017 20:13:09   
Greyor_42

ah. that was my other guess as to which statue he was referring to. but i couldn't remember how to find it, so i couldn't confirm....
DF  Post #: 72
11/2/2017 19:40:48   
wild guy12

I don't quite know if this fits the criteria of small tidbit, but I would like to know was how long Mazurek was waiting in those caves for us to arrive. He was given a place to meet, probably a time, but was he just sitting down there for a while or did he enter right behind us...poor guy.
Post #: 73
11/2/2017 20:33:07   
Greyor_42

@wild guy12

i'm....confused by your question. mazurek is the pirate captain who piloted the void ship, remember? i don't think she ever waited in a cave for us.....
DF  Post #: 74
11/2/2017 22:49:03   
Axpower

@greyor

yeah I was talking about the hidden glade with the statue that is "watching you" haha

DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Interesting little stories in DF that make you wish they were expanded on
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition