Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balance PvP system: Super unfair battles and strange mechanics.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance PvP system: Super unfair battles and strange mechanics.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2017 11:55:52   
SuperAngry

This game is too luck-based:
Yes this is a complaint to the PvP system. The game is too luck-based rather than skill-based. I have a total of 60 wins and 200 losses thanks to this unfair system. Am I a bad player from those scores? No just extremely unlucky and thus super angry. When you are constantly matched up with people 3-5 levels above yours who constantly kill you in 2-3 turns it's unbelievably annoying and frustrating. There's also some bs that goes on in almost every battle such as all of my opponents have had a 100% stun rate and my stun NEVER procs. When all of your opponents have 5+ less support than you and they always get to start and manage to crit and stun on their first turn it's stupid (this happened over 70x in a row yesterday). I only have 24+2 support with the rest going to hp, dex, and tech (no need for mp if your turn never comes). This isn't even an exaggeration.

Game mechanics are also luck based:
I played when epicduel was fairly new (before we had class changes) and I felt like things were more balanced. Less crits, less stuns, highest support starts, etc. Now it's totally different and messed up.

Strength:
Str should dictate how much your primary but in fact does nothing now. My basic attack damage has no change whatsoever even when there is a 30 stat gap in it. Example: 30 str gives me around 190-202 primary damage while 60 str gives me around 300-312 primary damage but in battle the damage is no different. I will do 100 dmg to a level 2 Junker whether I have 30 str or 60 str. That makes no sense to me. On the other hand, if my opponent were to have 60 str they do 300 dmg to me with a basic attack. Why is that?

Dex and Tech:
This is the same with dex and tech. If I have 30 dex or 60 dex, my physical defense goes up in numbers but a Junker will still deal 24 physical damage to me despite my defense increasing by twofolds.

Support:
Support is supposed to act like in-game luck but it is too affected by irl luck that it doesn't function properly. It should be set that the attacking order is set by highest to lowest support which it isn't at all!! I can have 5+ more support than my opponent and they will still be the one to attack first, gain rage faster, and crit and stun 24/7 while I am the one who attacks last, gain rage 1.5x slower than they do, and never crit or stun. None of these stats seem to work for me as they're just blatant lies!
Support should be sort of a fixed stat to mimic luck. I'm sure we can all agree that it's totally unfair if some lucky person gets everything they want and crits 24/7 with no points into support. If they're already so lucky they why give them even more? It'd be better if support actually dictates attacking order, and has a fixed chance for crits and stuns. Example: 20 support=crit on 7th attack, 25 support=crit on 6th attack, 30 support=crit on 5th attack, 35 support=crit on 4th attack, ... and 50 support =crit on every attack. Having over 50 support does nothing to crit chance or crit dmg. That way people will have to consider when to use skills, which skills to save, etc.

Maybe my account is bugged because it's from 2011 and when I logged in in 2017 I had -5 stat points and some extremely horrible luck and stats that do nothing.

No more than 3 smileys per post. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 9/17/2017 12:28:03 >
Post #: 1
9/17/2017 13:21:37   
Mother1

The game balance has been changed from when you start as well as myself.

Do you know about deminishing returns? When you get to a certain point with stats (55 and the 85) you will get less for your stats. Also there is a minimum you can hit with certain attacks which is why the junker can get a certain amount of damage on you no matter how high your defenses are.

Next off the match making system is like this due to how small the population in the game is. when I first started the population was within the thosand's and even during reset the player pool was still higher than what it is now. If there were more people within your player range playing you would get less lopsided fights, but seeing as the matchmaker has a -5 to +5 range (with 1-5 and 36-40 being the exceptions) if the system can't find someone within your range (which is what it looks for first) it will then go up or down until someone is found then if that doesn't work you get a NPC to fight.

As for Luck that is nothing new and you aren't the first to complain about it. However in order to remove luck completely you would need to do the following

1) Remove the RNG (random number generator) This right here is the biggest luck factor in the game since the number it generates are random within the range.
2) Fix it do that everything does fixed damage that isn't on a range. An example of a move like this is Plasma bolt since it always does a fixed damage depending on how much tech you invested.
3) Fix defenses so they don't have a range (Ex instead of 200 - 250 it would be 250) So in this case if you used a 540 plasma bolt at a 300 resistance character you will know you will hit 240 damage.
4) Remove Block, stun, deflection, and crits.

If you did all 4 of these than epic duel would have 0 luck with the battle itself. and if you locked the ranges to where you only faced your own level (For all levels) then you would have as fair a battle field as you could possibly get at least in 1 vs 1 and possibly 2 vs 2.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/17/2017 13:22:39 >
Epic  Post #: 2
9/17/2017 15:23:52   
SuperAngry

I didn't know about diminishing returns but one's damage SHOULD increase noticably if 30 str is added to it. There's also the fact that I got matched with people 3+ levels higher than me 70x in a row and I kept dying in 2-3 turns and almost every battle started with me being stunned followed by a crit to kill me despite me having more support than them. That's really unfun. I'd rather be matched with an NPC near my level rather than someone who will 2-turn me. I'm sure you understand why I would like some changes.

P.S. I came back 2 days ago and lost 70x in a row within a span of 2 days with multiple breaks and whack your boss sessions.
Post #: 3
9/17/2017 15:50:48   
Mother1

that issue is due to as I pointed out the small player base. Back in the older days not even reset had this few people (at least 100-200 more than what we get at the peek) Which means less opponents for you to choose from.

It could very well be that there is no one on your exact level playing the battle mode you are in which is why you get 3+ levels higher than you. However even a few years back that wasn't too much of a problem if you had a build edge (which was what helped me in these situations)

As for NPC pairings you get these if no one shows up due to either

A) No one is in your range
B) The people in your range fought you the limit number of times per hour
C) No one shows up within the correct time.

Epic  Post #: 4
9/18/2017 3:25:05   
luffynater92

Haha I honestly didn't know about the diminishing returns part, good to learn something new everyday:)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance PvP system: Super unfair battles and strange mechanics.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition