Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Patch Notes (Updated 11 Jun 2018)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Patch Notes (Updated 11 Jun 2018)
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2017 20:20:41   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Wait, how did Cannoneer break Classic Pirate?
Weird.
DF AQW  Post #: 26
9/25/2017 21:21:19   
TsumetheWolf

@Jams- For AC tags and such, I know there was a Tweet from Alina a long time ago once saying that only 0 gold items could be made AC. I know some items have been made AC since then that had a gold sellback before, but that doesn't necessarily mean any and all items can be converted. There is likely certain criteria and regulations behind it.

Also, there was once a design notes from Cysero explaining a bit more about the problems facing infinite storage. He mentions in these that AC items would eventually cause the issues described. I know my bank has more AC items now than a couple of years ago and it takes longer to load categories.

On the FAQ, it's mentioned that reports about art are subjective; I wonder if naming is the same way- unless there are typos. That's then a different story.

@The ErosionSeeker: It sounds bizarre, but I can believe it. As an example, the Chaotic Orb Staff used to turn into the art for the agitated Chaorrupted Orb under certain conditions. However, if it broke the class and not the art, then that would not have been good news.

< Message edited by TsumetheWolf -- 9/25/2017 21:23:12 >
Post #: 27
9/25/2017 21:21:28   
Shadowhunt

@The ErosionSeeker: It was only an issue on the female versions, the male versions were unaffected. For Alpha Pirate, it removed some stuff so you were missing your neck. For Classic Pirate, it gave you a new wardrobe.
AQ AQW  Post #: 28
9/25/2017 22:42:40   
Jams Loyal Subject

@Tsume

Regarding AC Tags:

Yeah I get that, but even with all those conditions, the Amulet is 0 gold, part of a set where everything else was AC tagged, was itself AC tagged for a short period of time, is rare and is also unique. Which is more than I can say (just as an example) about an item like the Blade of Guiding. Again, just an example. Fwiw, the permanent amulets have an ac tag, which would 'damage' the server much more than a rare one. Furthermore, the Halfling's PvP Medal + 900 had a tag also. But I digress.

The inconsistency with what constitutes an AC tag has forever been something of annoyance to me, thats why I decided to submit a bug report explaining why certain items should have them added, those were:

Toxic Venom Blade
Holiday Paragon Cape
Dark Legs of Arachna
The Sword of the Legion
Legion Fenrir Armor
Frost Void of Nulgath
Paladin's Curse
Paladin's Curse (Rare)
EpicDuel Destiny PvP Amulet + 1000

All for various reasons, some had multiple, but the common one amongst all of them is consistency.

The ironic part was, that they gave them to some of the above items (Holiday Paragon Cape, the two Paladin's Curses and The Sword of the Legion), further exemplifying the inconsistency the team has with AC tags as I used largely the same reasoning for all the aforementioned items, and yet they chose to fix some of them and not others.

Some of the above items are 0 gold, others are not, however I've never seen that to be a real issue, more of a cop out really, as they can adjust number values as well if needed easily (e.g. Fancy Lycan Morph, Dark Heartbreaker or even every single item in this entire shop).

TLDR: AC tagging needs to be consistent, all the items in my report should have AC tags because of this.

Regarding Naming:

Again, just be consistent. Don't give half a set the "of Nulgath" and not the other half, its simply not right. Fwiw, I consider the name "Evolved Shadow Helm" a bug, as many other items in that release were labelled in a similar lazy fashion, and were all fixed, it really seems to me that this one just slipped through the cracks.

I really am disappointed that the Bug Team appears to have picked and chosen in this case. The 'significance' of an item (e.g. The Sword of the Legion) should be less of a factor than common sense and logic (e.g. EpicDuel Destiny PvP Amulet +1000).

Ah well, I'm just a player, it seems that I don't have any power to sway the 'opinions' of the bug team. Just gotta be grateful that they at least fixed some of the items.

~Loyal.

< Message edited by Jams Loyal Subject -- 9/25/2017 22:58:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
9/26/2017 0:09:18   
fxmybrute13

Jams, little of what you talk about is what is typically considered a "bug". Bugs are when something is not working as intended, which are generally what these patches are for (although there are a small handful of exceptions). I think AQWorlds Suggestions Forums would be a better place to voice your thoughts.

Back to topic.

If it's ok to ask, is it possible for the bug-hunting team to release a list of all known (and harmless) bugs? For example, the Kaiju Cannoneer breaking Alpha Pirate. It would seem like a lot of fun to mess with my friends by equipping the same armor, but looking different. Unless of course, that would be considered bug abuse.

Also, I note that most of these fixes are cosmetic (which is fine). But what's the progress on the bug where caster classes only using the lower half of their damage range? Is that not fixable until the rewrite, or has that been patched and I'm just completely lost.
DF AQW  Post #: 30
9/26/2017 0:19:11   
  Rickyb20
PockeyChew Master

@fxmybrute13: There is a "known bugs" list which can be found here, but it mostly just includes bugs that aren't fixable for the time being. I imagine that bugs you're describing would most likely be tested and looked into right away if any reports were sent in for them.

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 9/26/2017 0:20:09 >
AQW  Post #: 31
9/26/2017 0:44:15   
Shadowhunt

It could be a little tough to keep track of what's a known bug that's not been fixed yet, too. As in point 3, testing can take a while. If it comes in on a report, then it wouldn't really be considered a "known bug" yet until it's been tested and confirmed. Once we confirm it, it goes to a different place and we don't really look at it again. Most bugs will get fixed in the Monday bug fixes, but some are able to get fixed and rolled immediately, or get fixed and rolled with the next server restart. So in order for us to maintain a list of known bugs outside the commonly reported ones Ricky linked, we'd need someone to be checking at least once a day in the confirmed reports to see what's been confirmed and is yet unfixed. That's kind of a waste of time that would be better spent working on the unconfirmed bugs So long story short, it is technically possible but we're not likely to do it.

As for class stuff, those are handled a bit differently, so basically... iDunno
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
9/26/2017 1:30:32   
fxmybrute13

Ah, I thought Bug Hunting also involved Bug Fixing, so I thought there was a (hopefully small) list of known bugs that would be systemically updated once a bug was fixed. I guess that is the confirmed list that SH described, but by the sound of it, it's being submitted to the debuggers and they groom through it without any back-reporting.

And thanks to the link RB20 linked, seems as if class bugs have a lower priority than server rewrite. So I guess that answers my class bug question and where it stands.

< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 9/26/2017 1:39:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 33
9/26/2017 2:17:21   
Jams Loyal Subject

@fxmy Whilst that is fair and probably true for some items (such as Legion Fenrir Armor and Frost Void, as they don't really have any precedents), it is my understanding that the majority of these items were supposed to be AC tagged/have a different name from the beginning, for the most part they are all parts of existing sets/limited time hunts/shops where they are the odd one out that got overlooked. In that sense, they are bugged as they were not priced/name as they were supposed to.

I do see your point regarding some of them though, but those are more me arguing that they should using common sense, rather than an existing precedent (Still hopeful on all of them )

~Loyal.

< Message edited by Jams Loyal Subject -- 9/26/2017 2:25:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
10/2/2017 16:00:54   
Shadowhunt

Yay for more squashes! And the Burning Blade of Abezeth is indeed lowered down to 80 from 83, so you can use Awe enhancements with it!
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
10/4/2017 18:57:15   
iDreadnaut

So... I few Legend and 2k ACs classes got renamed...
AQW  Post #: 36
10/4/2017 19:00:54   
Shadowhunt

They're all going to be renamed eventually. It's a work in progress. DNs will be coming about it to explain it in a bit more detail.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/4/2017 19:03:33 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
10/4/2017 22:03:36   
flyingmongoose

Why add 'Heroic' to the name, there's really nothing heroic about using money to get pseudo-currency to get a class.
I get Legendary, just not Heroic.
---

At this point why not add titles right before names based on how much you've "donated" or maybe have another rares Wheel.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 10/5/2017 3:56:19 >
AQW  Post #: 38
10/4/2017 22:54:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

It's heroic because it helps keep the game afloat.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
10/5/2017 16:08:53   
Arcane Energy

The rename was so great, now the ever ringing question in ever players head "Is that the AC version or farmed version of the class" can be easily answered. /S

On the real though, easier to spot the P2W on very easy F2P/W game and it's not even winning if you don't have lightcaster :v

< Message edited by Arcane Energy -- 10/5/2017 16:09:57 >
Post #: 40
10/5/2017 18:36:13   
fxmybrute13

Unforunately for you, Arcane Energy, a lot of the class renames have been rolled back. And when I say a lot, I mean basically everything lol.
DF AQW  Post #: 41
10/5/2017 19:12:26   
Arcane Energy

Just noticed, kind of sad , guess I'll have to go back to char. paging someone to find out the type of class they have /S. Is this the end of QoL changes to the game? Now one can only wonder what the next big innovation will be?!?!?!

< Message edited by Arcane Energy -- 10/5/2017 19:14:17 >
Post #: 42
10/5/2017 19:43:45   
Shadowhunt

The intention was never to help you determine what version of a class someone was using. The intention was to make it clear what version of a class is needed in order to do quests that require certain classes. This is clearly stated in the Design Notes. It's difficult for people to know what version of something is required when you've got several items with the same name but different IDs. People complained about it, though, so changes were reverted and only in the necessary cases will they be differentiated. There's no need to be glib about it. Something was tried, it didn't work out the way we hoped, and so it was reverted.
AQ AQW  Post #: 43
10/16/2017 19:09:58   
  Phantasmia
Time to be a [BIG SHOT]

quote:

Bug fixes: October 16, 2017

• Kaiju chest is giving proper quest again.
  • All previous F13 maps (that are not rare) are now open to all players.
  • Shadow Blade Shinobi Hair fixed.
  • Vampire Lord Morph - all 3 versions are now CC to skin on face.
  • Sinister Clown rarity changed to same as rest of set: Seasonal.
  • Vampire Dragon Bank Pet should remember he’s a bank pet now.
  • Lynaria’s button to Falcontower works now.
  • Sora is no longer holding people hostage in Oaklore. WHOOPS! Seems we were a little ahead on this. The fix has been made, but other fixes are coming as well so this one will not be live just yet.
  • Book of Lore badges showing when they should not has now been fixed.
  • Various typos.

• Updated the first post with these, thanks Phantasmia! ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/17/2017 16:16:00 >

DF AQW  Post #: 44
    11/15/2017 10:27:53   
    Stronius

"Single and Dual Grimlord Blade of Nulgath now have same damage range."
    I actually don't like this change, at all. I was really happy when I saw the Dual-wield version had a more stable damage range, because that meant you can actually USE it with a caster class, without losing 90% of your DPS. I love the blade, it's one of the best pieces of art from the war IMO, but you just can't use it with a magical class with such a wide damage range.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 45
    11/15/2017 10:55:46   
    Shadowhunt

IIRC the issue with casters and damage ranges has been resolved on the test servers, though I'm not 100% on that since I usually let Eht play around with those scary things. Assuming this is accurate, you could shift to playing mostly on test servers if you really want to use both the weapon and a caster class without being overly penalized for it.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 46
    11/15/2017 13:24:26   
    Stronius

If that's true, then that's good news, although how much good it actually does is up for question, considering how long this rewrite has been "just around the corner". All I know is, a low-damage end of three is way too low to be used on anything not Luck-based in the current servers. Maybe if I got around to finishing VHL that wouldn't be such an issue...
    AQW Epic  Post #: 47
    11/16/2017 13:52:29   
    neora5

Taken from the November 6 Patch Notes:
    quote:

Bug fixes: November 6, 2017

Non-CC Paragon Plate eyeglows fixed.

I'm glad that something is finally being done about this, but the art remains unchanged. It still has the same broken appearance (New) instead of the fixed appearance (Old). I've even equipped it ingame, and it still looks unchanged. Has anyone else noticed this?

Long Unlive the ShadowScythe
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
    11/28/2017 9:21:11   
    XeNON_54

So Blade of Revontheus The Good Pet no longer has the Sword of Nulgath quests? Must suck for those who don't have the 8th betrayal Blade Pet.
    Here's to hoping they don't remove the quests from the Betrayal Blade pet too otherwise Non-Mems will no longer have a reliable way of getting reagent quests without going to tercess all the time.
    And going to tercess all the time is such a huge pain in the backside.
    Post #: 49
    12/12/2017 13:12:26   
    secondxhb

It might help if the class changes mentioned in the most recent notes actually specified which class it's for, lmao.
    Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Patch Notes (Updated 11 Jun 2018)
    Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition