Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Who Should Our Villain Be?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Who Should Our Villain Be?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2017 10:54:36   
brotherinlaw

As you all very well know, our current enemy is the Dragonlord Talyn. He is the first major villain we face, but I for one doubt he will become THE villain of AQ3D. In a game, it could be said that there are filler villains and villains that you remember a game for, and often the former can be said about a games first major antagonist more than the latter.

After all, do you remember Adventurequest for Akriloth or for The`Galin? Is Dragonfable memorable because of Xan or Sepulchure? Which memory sticks with you, your first encounter with Kingadent Slugwrath or with Lord Valoth? And let's face it, AQWorlds is Drakath's game more than it ever was Sepulchure`s.

So, on to the question at hand. As many of us know, originality is hard to come by since most everything has been done already, especially villains. So, since it would likely be derivative by nature, give me a pop-culture example of what you think our villain of AQ3D should be like and explain why. Would you like someone as hated as King Joffery, as mysterious and complex as Lord Mantid, or another cosmic level entity like The'Galin.
Include a quote if you want, and don`t be afraid to use a super obscure character. Heaven knows many of us love to Google this stuff
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/29/2017 17:43:40   
Llane Wrynn

Actually the most iconic and mysterious villain that hooked me to aqw was Nulgath. Just beeing able to get to him was a struggle back in the day and i actually loved that grind.
However, i do not believe that we should meet this mysterious villain just yet, i rather have a few lesser villains who eventually leads up to this big badass fella.
For me this would make my experience superb. And i bet alot of others aswell. A buildup (according to me) always makes it so much more rewarding when you finally get to the point were you can destroy your arch nemesis.

But hey, this is just my opinion and id like to see whst others think!
Post #: 2
9/30/2017 9:23:45   
brotherinlaw

The grinding part, if that's what you like, would make for a great NPC developer`s character, but not so much for a main antagonist. At least, that`sounds what I would think.

For me, I'd like to see Megatron. I've been watching the Armada-Energon-Cybertron series', and realized what a great villain he is. He's loud, bombastic, and arrogant, a perfect main villain. But he's also incredibly powerfull and intelligent, rarely underestimating his opponents and backing every arrogant claim with swift, ruthless action. Plus, he's got a good origin story.

He was of the oppressed majority on an elitist planet and he tried to educate the masses. Sometimes the story says he was a mineworker writing papers addressing his people and sending them out on the bodies of his multitude of dead coworkers, sometimes he was a gladiator who would give elegant speeches rallying the masses to his cause. Either way, he would eventually realize that the only way the government would listen was through violence, so he formed ann army for the purpose of freedom. It was during the ensuing war, however, that Megatron`s ideals were corrupted. He began fighting for war, for conquest, and for his own reign and empire. Megatron knew he was evil, and he didn`the care. In fact, he liked it.

The thing I like most about Megatron is that he's his own man. He didn`t make a deal or take power from someone else, he built his empire from the ground up and, though he doesn`t fear death, he fears what would happen to his empire after the fact. He suffers no delusions, he knows he`s evil and he's having far too much fun to care. He even employs a second in command who constantly tries to stab him in the back and would make a terrible leader if he ever did just to keep himself in check so he always watches his back.

That, and he just. won`t. stay. DEAD!

"I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over Prime!"
"I am not going to kill you. I am going to destroy you. I promise you, when this is over...you will know the difference."
"I will create desolation, and call it peace!"
"Lesser creatures are the playthings of my will."

"Freedom is the right of allOh, shut up!"

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 10/1/2017 8:26:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/30/2017 11:51:32   
XeNON_54

I want the villain to be more than just some random bad guy.

I want him/her to have a LEGIT REASON to actually BE EVIL.
Post #: 4
9/30/2017 23:33:52   
brotherinlaw

Ah, but their are pitfalls in that. I think society has bogged down villains with complex back stories, relatability, and redeemability. Honestly, I I don`t mind an origin story, just so long as it doesn`t make him/her whiny, weak, or worst of all, redeemable. Just give me an evil villain with no sob story who legitimately enjoys the suffering of others, is that too much to ask?

And whatever you do, don`t blame your circumstances for making you evil. With legitimate insanity as the only exception, villainy is a choice, and I like my antagonists to own that. Sepulchure made no excuses, he had a goal and he did whatever he had to to succeed. The Seekrat did whatever he needed to satisfy his greed, no excuses needed. And Xan... well, as I said. Total legal insanity is a pretty good reason

Wow, my short post on how origin stories can bog down a villain got bogged down by me. I guess I've just been getting annoyed by modern, relatable villains with their real problems and "society shaped me" whining. I'm a Joker fan: cause chaos and destruction in a way that suits your fancy for no other reason than because it`s fun. He's legally sane, he knows that right and wrong are. He just gets so much joy from human suffering!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/1/2017 3:10:13   
Foulman

Twig and the Icecweam
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/1/2017 8:25:15   
brotherinlaw

GLORY TO TWIG, DESTROYER OF WORLDS AND MASTER OF ALL!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/1/2017 23:46:56   
Frigus

After several strings of DF storylines of guardians being inept at their job, AQW storylines of guardians not being present or sucking at their jobs, or AQC storylines of guardians sucking at their jobs, I think it is time for a guardian story or long-term AE players. It is high time we have a story about a group of guardians who are tired of the order's unwillingness to change and adapt to more modern threats and fighting styles. They will have a leader who will draw up a new order and create a sect of fanatics who wish to follow the law to the letter. The hero will acknowledge the need for the guardians to change, but the ends don't justify the means.

< Message edited by Frigus -- 10/1/2017 23:47:42 >
Post #: 8
10/2/2017 3:58:06   
Vypie

quote:

Ah, but their are pitfalls in that. I think society has bogged down villains with complex back stories, relatability, and redeemability. Honestly, I I don`t mind an origin story, just so long as it doesn`t make him/her whiny, weak, or worst of all, redeemable. Just give me an evil villain with no sob story who legitimately enjoys the suffering of others, is that too much to ask?

And whatever you do, don`t blame your circumstances for making you evil.

Nah, the villains just need a "WHY", it doesn't need to make them weak. They just need a strong conviction.
Having a reason doesn't make them redeemable or forgives them in any way. It just makes them UNDERSTANDABLE, even if the actions to achieve their ideals are completely horrible or close to insane.

Sure, you can have villains that do evil because they like doing it. But there's always a reason behind how they came to be that way, how their perception of the world got twisted.
Epic  Post #: 9
10/2/2017 18:58:30   
One Winged Angel1357

Dragons are one of the more powerful groups of creatures in Lore so why couldn't Talyn be our main villain? At the very least the threat of someone other than the guardians having power from the dragons would be a way to move an arc along. Or you could float the possiblity of dragonslayers versus guardians.

One side is bent on destroying all dragons. The other secretly gets their power from dragons. Who better to break this secret than a villain constantly trying to find more powerful dragons to bolster his own ranks
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/3/2017 9:01:26   
brotherinlaw

@Frigus: Actually, our theme for AQ3D seems to be WHY the Guardians suckable at their job. Remember, the Guardians are an ancient order that, by recent times, have been reduced to only one tower. In the Ashfall saga we saw that the Ashfall Guardian Tower was taken down by a seeker. If one were to assume they would lead to the fall of all the towers, a Guardian central storyline might mean our main villain is seeker related, possibly Dragon Master Calladus. It could also be Awethur related, either an old foe or Awethur himself.

@Vipie: Oh, I understand that. I like a villain with a reason, it's just some people forget the reason can be pointless. They think a simple, unrelatable villain is bad writing, when people hurt each other for no reason whatsoever all the time in the real world. Sure, a guy could have lost his mother while King Alton was seizing control and he now wants revenge, but at the same time an antagonist can just be greedy, ambitious, self-centered, and a sadist.

@One Winged Angel: Frostscythe, just saying. Anyway I highly doubt Talyn's going to be around much longer. He's going to try and FORCE his dragon amulet, one of the most powerfull magical artifacts in AE's universe, to bond with Akriloth, an ancient Elemental Dragon of Fire, who he plans to feed the Elemental Orbs of Fire. Yeah, he's toast.
Plus, something I've noticed about AE's arch-villains, they allwalso seem to be completely original and introdu their own elements. Sepulchure introduced us to the Doom Knight. Valoth`s forces were Shadowscythe aliens and, to date, he is the only true Shadowscythe we've ever seen. Drakath introduced chaos and Elemental Champions into AQW. This pattern seems to show the AE staff prefers that their villains be completely original to the game they come from.

Also, Ashfall is just an arc, we are not permanently allying ourselves with the Dragonslayers or against dragonkind. It's quite possible the vartai will be in this game, and we will have to ally with them to act against Galanoth's plans for draconian genocide.

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 10/3/2017 9:04:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/3/2017 12:48:10   
chisagen

I am not sure who the main villain will be, but I would love to see the anti-guardians play a role in the storyline. Even if it a guardian only storyline, would love to see them in 3D. I am also hoping that we see a certain Devourer, but that is wishful thinking

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
10/3/2017 20:14:18   
brotherinlaw

^he's shown up several times in history so, while we may not see him show up, we may get some easter eggs!

Also, anti-guardianS? As far as I remember, there was only one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/4/2017 4:37:38   
Flabagast

I wouldn't be so quick dismiss the possibility of The'Galin playing a some sort of role in AQ3D's storyline. There's some evidence in some of the art that Dage made for the 2018 calendar, as well as that one Master Vault quest in the Bank of Battleon. We could very well be seeing Beleqwaya, Diviara, the Huntress and Ryuusei Cartwright again.

Considering AQ3D's "sneaky world plot" though, I'd guess the main villian(s) may be some sinister, omnipotent, inter-dimensional force. If it's supposedly what's driving all magic to behave strangely, the communication between the Guardian Towers to cease entirely and the connection between Lore and the Shadowrealm to go out of whack, it'd have to be something pretty big 'n' crazy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
10/4/2017 8:11:59   
brotherinlaw

Well, technically the Seekers are major interdimensional threats that fit the bill, and even more so are the Shadowscythe. But like I said, AE's main antagonists usually are completely original, so I look forward to being wrong.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/4/2017 18:02:11   
Taybuscus

Sepulchure. <3
Post #: 16
10/5/2017 10:40:51   
XeNON_54

Sepulchure kinda sucks though. He was such a whiny baby especially during the end of Book One in DragonFable.
Post #: 17
10/5/2017 23:06:34   
brotherinlaw

^Uh, did we play the same game? In the Dragonfable that I remember, Sepulchure was a stoic supervillain who overpowers the hero with ease and whose strategic genius COULD have won him the fight if the Mysterious Stranger hadn't been so set on his own, separate plans. The man who, theoretically, overthrew battleon and gathered the Orbs so he could get his love back, was then betrayed and took his own sword to the chest. He the shook off the gaping wound and took on Dragon Drakath and the hero simultaneously before teaming up to take out Drakath. He then was betrayed again, this time by his master, who took the source of his power, leaving him for dead. And yet, somehow, he didn't die...

How does any of that strike you as "whiny?" If anything, it makes him sound awesome. Kinda reminds me of Megatron (from Prime, not the Unicron trilogy, more silent and solemn, less Braggs and egotistical). The only whiny ones I remember are Drakath and Valtrith.

Wow, I just realised, Sepulchure and Drakath are basically Megatron and Starscream, if Starscream was whiner and more entitled and Megatron didn`t originate his empire and borrowed his power from someone else... My favorite AE character Is a bargain-bin Megatron....my life is a lie...

Anyway.... got a little off topic. The reason we don't want Sepulchure as our main villain is because he's already in Dragonfable. If a main villain makes a game then we'd like a villain who makes AQ3D it's own game. An original villain, separate from the Loreonian of other games and unique to AQ3D would give it life and character.

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 10/11/2017 8:54:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/12/2017 18:42:35   
Astzor

We just have to see what the main plotline will development into. So far its just short stories of villains such as the Dragonlord and Necroknight.
Post #: 19
10/24/2017 0:58:35   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

One of the villains should be Vaxen from AQW, as his story was already setup for AQ3D.

However...

There is one enemy that transcends anything that we have faced, are currently facing, and could likely be the most powerful enemy we will ever face. A force so mighty that the Decadere and Creatioux fear it. The one that The Mysterious Stranger bends knee to... THE PRIMORDIAL.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
10/24/2017 1:54:31   
Iron Volvametal

I think having one of the unused Elemental Champions would be pretty cool; if I read right, there's no revealed Champion of Fire, Earth, Energy, Water, or Wind. I'm assuming just because they're Champions doesn't automatically mean they're good(ex. Gravelynn, Drakath).

And if this really is an alternate timeline, there could be a new Chaos one(though, I'm pretty sure everyone else would like something new).

AQW  Post #: 21
10/24/2017 6:52:31   
Spartaneous X

Say you have an AQ and Artix Fan who turns Evil because he meets his heroes and then decides to turn evil because he isn't granted access to their guild and in short takes forbidden knowledge from the Guardian Tower and begins to assemble his own league of dark guardians and villains. In other words the classic good guy turned evil due to misfortune routine . And because he was a guardian he had access to all things lore making him incredibly cunning like doctor doom and as much of a threat to all ways of life in AdventureQuest so much to the point he tries to turn back time in the world of lore back to the "dark ages " the ages of when adventure quest was in 2-D this could be a break the 4th wall opportunity and it's a threat to all lore that could branch off to many possibilities reutilizing many of the Artix Entertainment Universes All colliding into a multiverse pandemic. Heroes from across all world's would collide for epic battles to stop this one guardian from the ancient days of lore from destroying the multiverse of the AE teams games.
Keep your friends close, but your enemy was once on our side...
Name him Lord Jorlak. Once a humble guardian by the name Jorlak who decided to take lore and forbidden magicks into his own hands stolen from the tower library and co inspired with villain from the many games multiverse taking players through a tour de France of all of AE's Games and Characters fighting all villains until the final battle for the multi verses begin.

In otherwords a single fan uses cunning targets key people in AE's Lore and turns them to his cause threatening to destroy his creators for he feels he is enslaved by them and their cause for good. Sick of puns and wracked with anger at his misfortune he decides to turn to the dark side and wreaks havoc across the multiverse of all of the AE games much like Drakath ensuing chaos but instead he is forged from all matters of life across all of lore making him incredibly powerful he has infinite knowledge of all the Universes the AE Team have created. Using any form of power he can get his hands on from Mechquest mechs to Gaining Villainous powers from HeroQuest to Gaining Battlegems and harnessing their power along with Chaos Energy and dragonlord power from dragonfable. Basically giving homage to show fans are powerful and they helped create this amazing AE Team and if they turned evil with enough knowledge they could threaten the very life of lore. It would be an awesome storyline where the AE Team could bring into thought many villains and heroes from across all their games and have them collide. This is my idea I hope you guys like it.

Merged double post. ~Vexx

< Message edited by Vexx -- 10/24/2017 14:24:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/24/2017 9:02:45   
brotherinlaw

Basically Sharkboy and Lavagirl for AE?

Also, expect that post to be merged by an Archknight...

Edit: yup, thought so.

Anyway, Iron, I believe the AE team is trying to return to it's roots with more AQesque lore and a Guardian-centric story. So it's likely there will be no Champions, though we will likely see more Avatars, Lords, and Elemental Dragons. Also, expect the main villain to be related to the downfall of the Guardian towers, as this game appears to take place earlier than the main AQ or Dragonfable. It will likely be related to the Seekers or whatever took out the Darkovia Guardians before Frydae took took over the tower, should they not be one and the same.

We are also likely to see reference to the Anti-Guardian

Oh, and I just remembered something. If this game IS supposed to be closer to AQ, then Sepulchure is likely already dead. Don't fret, however. The Shadowscythe Empire would still exist, though I don't beleive Gravelyn would be ruling it. As Dragonfable was originally supposed to take place 5 years before AQ before the timelines were seperated, she would be like seven at the start of AQClassic.

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 10/24/2017 21:37:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
10/25/2017 10:17:10   
Spartaneous X

Not even more like good guy gone bad routine you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain type of deal I think the villain should be an Anti-Guardian it's only fitting and to have most of the AQ universes collide will be an enjoyable tribute to past games and many years of playing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/23/2017 17:45:39   
Naberus

Backstory:
A low tier demon(insert name here) that has the ability to time travel AND change time and events. He was actually a "king" but he went back in time and managed to get everyone to believe that he is a "low tier" demon. This demon crafts items with pure evil and sadistic material that binds to the person using it. Anyone he manages to sell one of his cursed items to will die after using the item in any visible way. He got attacked by a bunch of Royal Exorcists and the most powerful exorcist in lore(insert name here), he was converted to a mage-ish knight of the good. He was not in time to timetravel to save himself. But one day, he was going to buy an axe (said to have the poer to slay anything stronger than the person wielding it) from a normal warrior but what he didn't know was that, that warrior had previously bought one of the cursed items from that very same demon who created it. After he used the axe in combat it started to turn him back to a demon but the exorcists converting powers were too powerful so instead of transforming him back to a demon he became a half-demon. the item bound with his soul. He had to use it at all times or otherwise he would painfully tortured by his own axe. He even got hurt while using it in combat. He wanted to get rid of the axe somehow but it was virtually impossible. One day he was searching for a necromancer(known by the half-demon before transforming) who offered to make a trade deal with the half-demon. He could make the axe not affect him during the day. In exchange he wanted 60% of the half-demons powers to time travel. He agreed to the deal and became a normal mage-ish knight. But when night strucks he becomes an impure BattleMage that has the purpose of stealing other heroes's powers. But as soon as day arrives, he is back to helping the kingdom.

The current story:
Since he is a menacing power-stealer during night he also has to cover up his identity of himself to stay alive and survive. He does not want to be evil but he simply cannot control it. During night he gets so reckless that he kills any kind of support for anyone wether he/she is innocent or not. He kills healers and protectors that are both good and evil. During the day he is the best friend you could have and he even supports you by healing you and sacrificing a little of his powers to rescue you from near death experiences. If someone would to find out about his evil indentity he would surely get imprisoned at all times or executed. So at night he took the identity of the Necromancer who made the trade deal with the half-demon. What he is currently doing is trying to weaken the exorcists by killing them and draining their powers. If he becomes too powerful he will start attacking leaders and kings.

The half-demon's role:
Because of his hate to his own mistakes he rips parts of himself off and creates near indentical compies of himself that does not do mistakes but they are about 20% as strong as the original half-demon is. He has full control of these and knows everything that they do.
He blocks entrances to the domains that he intends to invade.
By only having 40% of his time-traveling powers left, he can only use it to transport another person trough time and not too far.
At night he gets 100% of the demon king's personality he had before he transformed into a half-demon.
Killing everyone with special powers to use them himself(the people who have special powers just by coincidence happen to be important for Lore)
Wanting to gain enough power to backstab the necromancer he made the trade-deal with so that he can get all of his powers back + the current ones that he is possesing.

Your role:
Step 1: Protect the exorcists.
Step 2: Find a counter to the half-demon.
Step 3: Try to separate the cursed Axe and the half-demon.
Step 4: Protect the king(The half demon will attack the king just when you arrive there).
Step 5: Use your counter to the half demon and try to defeat him.
Step 6: He will transform into a full-demon and leave the king and you alone since you are too strong and he will start attacking the other important people with special powers. Protect all the others.
Step 7: Defeat him. (The demon summons the other copies of him during the fight and they also heal the main demon)
Step 8: He turns back into a full-human but is too weak and dies.
Step 9: The necromancer finds him, revives him only as a shadow of his original demon form/spirit that has it's own life that still haunts Lore.
Step 10: You can now accept quests, trade, buy hard-gained items from the shadow.

< Message edited by Naberus -- 11/23/2017 18:37:12 >
AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Who Should Our Villain Be?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition