Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

How do you imagine the voices of the DragonFable characters?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> How do you imagine the voices of the DragonFable characters?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2017 23:01:23   
PurgeXZ

So, since DragonFable doesn't feature voice acting very often, I thought it would be kind of fun to show each other how we think the DF characters would sound. You may as well post a video of some voice clip from a video game, movie, or whatever to show how you think they sound.
For example, I always imagined Sepulchure sounded like this: http://quietube7.com/v.php/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6r1ZN5IkE4 (Kind of creepy, I know)
Or for Valtrith: http://quietube7.com/v.php/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_7-UCW9Pk
And for Super Mega Ultra Darkness Dracolich: (At 20:01) http://quietube7.com/v.php/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEb1nGQ1cMw&t

Can you think of any voices?

< Message edited by PurgeXZ -- 9/28/2017 19:40:28 >
Post #: 1
9/28/2017 10:13:49   
elcidIII

quote:

DragonFable features no voice acting

*cough*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/28/2017 10:41:59   
Chewy905

Doesn't akanthus have voice acting too in one of his quests?
Post #: 3
9/28/2017 11:01:20   
Greyor_42

@elcidIII

there's also these two quests which have voice acting from the character's creators themselves(though, serenity is actually voiced by alina in this, and lime is voiced by nythera)
DF  Post #: 4
9/28/2017 12:18:28   
GreyCat

I've never been a fan of the quests with voice acting. I often have a set voice in my head for that character, and then the voice acting will come along and force me to rethink everything .
DF  Post #: 5
9/28/2017 14:45:29   
Vaalirus

There's also the time when Vaal forced Roirr to become a spirit
DF  Post #: 6
9/28/2017 15:06:59   
Greyor_42

@vaalirus

that's the video that elcidIII linked.
DF  Post #: 7
9/28/2017 15:48:41   
Tomix
Soulweaver

I remember voicing Tomix, as something extra, for DNs.
People from Azaveyr have a hard slavic accent!

For the main game continent, I'd imagine a mix of different dialects, depending on regions... but in most cases, american accents would fit!
I know Xan has an annoying raspy high-pitched voice!
DF  Post #: 8
9/28/2017 15:56:08   
Baron Dante

Since we voice the characters whenever we play through the quets with a friend, those voices usually, hopefully stuck?
It's a pretty freeform way of doing it, just whatever end up happening. Some voices come out great, others probably less so.

I don't usually pay much attention to the voices we've seen in the game or otherwise because of that. If you've had a voice for someone a while, it might be hard to change after a while. (Though DF does benefit from the fact that you might not see some characters in a long time due to the weekly nature that uh, you might kinda forget some of them and just redo the voice)

I can assure you that Batoto gets the most appropriate deep voice he needs though.
And uh, for some reason, Galanoth ended up with a Batman voice too.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/28/2017 19:41:01   
PurgeXZ

Changed the text to make it more accurate. It now says "doesn't feature voice acting very often".
Post #: 10
9/28/2017 23:22:56   
Lord Run

i think we all agree from thous 3 voiced quest that voiced dragonfable is a bad idia they are just to much characters and since there is a new quest every day AE team can't passably
afford to hire professional voice actors every week so i say let us keep imagine the characters how we like trust me its better this way,some times the place for imagination is the best thing
for example when i play a game that the hero is not exactly the style i like and there is not character costumazaition option i usually prefers heros that have helmet and never remove them all the game
because in my imagination under that helmet the hero looks 100% like i would like him to look the same with none voiced games when the game have no voice in my head the characters sounds exactly like i want them to sound any time i read a dialog i read it in the imagined voice in my head that fit to my opinion to the character.
with all honestly the voiced quest kinda ruined it to me i imagined Artix with much more heroic and deeper voice and Cysero with much more silly and one don't lough but like Goofy seriously.
actually i kinda forgotten thous quest i hope thous new voices won't stick to my head i liked the one i imagined much more as for Lim i imagined more doctor Frankenstein i guess only Serenity's
voice was pulse minus what i imagined it to be tho i imagined her to talk in a more British extant don't ask me why im not British but Serenity and lady Celestia i tended to imagine the both of them
with British extent ,as for Ash i kinda imgined him in his youth to sounds like Leonard scrapped princess now when he is more adult i kinda started to imagine him to sound more like oddly engouth
like my father,as For king Alteon i kinda imgin his voice like the voice of king Kashu from records of lodoss wars english DUB. as for Robina Deedlet records of lodoss wars DUB,as for Sepchulre
i imgined him like Darth Vader and now in book 3 i imgine him like Anakin skywalker revenge of the sith,as for Jania i imagine her like Elsa from Frozen XD,sorry i had to do this joke.
now Falwynn in my head is like Cassandra Soulcalibur 3,Valancia like Lera Croft tomb rider not the movie the video games,Darkath odd as it might sound Yukimura Sanada Samurai warriors 1 english version,Galanoth Siegfried soulcalibur 3, Warlic i wouled say Slain Records of Lodos war,Yulgar not all ways but lately Ulfric Stormcloack Skyrim,now Leon well Leon of DF is in my head Leon from Kingdoms Heart i mean look https://sanadayukimura777.deviantart.com/art/Leon-from-KH-at-DF-693965010 ,and now the hero Joey from Yu-Gi-Ho!,Xan well Skeletor from He-man, the rest they have a voice in my head but not of any famous characters

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 9/29/2017 0:01:30 >
Post #: 11
9/29/2017 3:56:46   
lastspartan

Cycerso~ British accent as all Brits r nuts
Post #: 12
9/29/2017 7:18:55   
Rafiq von den Vielen

fun fact: Every time I revisit the Final 13th quests with Seppy and the NBoD, I think that voice actors from Psycho Pass really fit them. (namely Saiga Joji for the NBoD and Ginoza for Seppy).

Justice, no matter how twisted, is still justice.
Post #: 13
9/29/2017 11:46:29   
Dark Lord Urmi

heh i always figured xan sounded like skeletor.

jaania's voice in my head is light but hard...hrm not sure how to explain it the best comparison i can think of is princess buttercup from the princess bride

alaxander sounded like wesley (actually most of the cast are played by princess bride actors in my mind)

robina sounds like princess vespa from space balls

seppy in armor form sounded like arthas the lich king around the :50 mark in amadeus form he sounds like jeremy irons as scar.

the list goes on and on.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 9/29/2017 11:49:40 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
9/29/2017 12:03:25   
Greyor_42

personally, i've always though young ash would sound something like sora from kingdom hearts.

also@dark lord urmi

i absolutely love your lineup of voice actors there(kind of makes me wonder which character sounds like inigo montoya to you). though, while my seppy has a voice similar in deepness, it's much more booming and in-your-face, as opposed to being whispery and rasping. though, amadeus as scar is definitely pretty fitting.

but i'm not quite sure what voice to give akanthus yet.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 9/29/2017 12:05:20 >
DF  Post #: 15
9/29/2017 12:16:21   
Dark Lord Urmi

i always figured seppy to have a voice that hinted at his intellect that's why the voice stuck with me

i've yet to find my inigo not even zhoom fit the bill for me.

zadd is vizzini the sicilian could think of no better voice to fit the face.

akanthus has a voice i think you would use for seppy Death's Hand. i feel like ark has voice modulation effect that feels like a forced intimidation tactic.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 9/29/2017 12:20:15 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
9/29/2017 12:26:04   
Silver Sky Magician

Gary sounds like he inhaled helium

Zorbak sounds like the voice actor for the evil rabbit in The Secret Life of Pets

Geopetal sounds like Mick Jagger

Zadd sounds like he has the flu

Verly sounds like a cat
Epic  Post #: 17
9/29/2017 12:31:32   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

actually, i think if found a much more fitting voice for seppy than i hadoriginally given him. he'd probably sound something more along the lines of Nobunaga from onimusha 3. minus the eastern accent, of course.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 9/29/2017 12:32:32 >
DF  Post #: 18
9/29/2017 12:35:55   
Dark Lord Urmi

Ah Nobunaga Oda king of demons and destroyer of the takeda clan calvary good choice greyor, personally i could see this voice fit the baron or even wargoth (in Nobunaga's demon form)

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 9/29/2017 12:36:57 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
9/29/2017 12:58:44   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^ If anyone is supposed to voice act the Baron, then it's Kane Hodder. If not, you're doing something wrong*.

*Who just so happens to be the most famous for his characterization of Jason Voorhees.
Post #: 20
9/29/2017 13:13:34   
Dark Lord Urmi

eh...i just don't think the voice fits too well sure the novelty is fun but i just don't see it do you have a specific example in mind Vielen?

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 9/29/2017 13:17:47 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
9/29/2017 16:40:16   
Alamiran

I always thought of Seppy as having a deeper voice than average, but still not nearly as deep as could be, and then very raspy, but still human-ish. Amadeus, on the other hand, is pretty much the deepest voice you could imagine... try imagining the sentence:
quote:

Amadeus: You solve everyone else's problems...

With some sarcasm. Make it very cold, and have his face and sarcastic impression in mind at the same time. That's my best guess at least.

Wargoth is like thundering flames, and MS is as dark and deep as you can imagine, like his voice was not coming out of him, but going into him from outside, like a black hole. NBoD and Xan are both pretty much like Tomix just described Xan. Warlic has a rather deep, soft, mysterious sounding voice. For Artix... I actually hear real life Artix's voice too often to imagine anything else than that. Cysero has a completely care-free voice, with a heavy american accent. Kara has a deep, mother-like voice, at least deep for a woman.

These are, of course, just the way I imagine them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
9/30/2017 2:00:29   
Lord Run

NOBUNAGA! I HATE NOBUNAGA AND IEYASU! becouse of them any time i play as Sanada and Takeda at any game i know Nagashino and Osaka summer siege gona be MXJ@^@^%&(*##^&USNZDGB..... DOG! but now realy if i had to chose any verson of Nobunaga to be Sepchulre's voice it wouled be samurai warriors 2 Nobunaga verson

as for the Baron AKA Serenity's brother...... well isn't it obvious its Voldemort!

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 9/30/2017 2:03:46 >
Post #: 23
9/30/2017 13:37:24   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

having a few quests with voiced-over lines doesn't really mean the game have voice acting in the meaning of constant reading and acting of lines by professionals that stick with their character (not saying the voice-overs we have aren't as good as professionals, mind you).

That out of the bag.... I gave Akanthus the voice of Christopher Lee in my head, with the added echo of his helmet xD
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=C_3JdKoQ914&p=n

And since my char is female, I ended up reading her lines with Korra's voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWBbMZykTus

Since this video also have Asami, her voice does fit Jaania well.

As for, well, my own character, I too imagined a voice for him :3
John DeLancie, in his role as Discord from MLP fits perfectly.
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=Gw1OBzWGorI&p=n
DF AQW  Post #: 24
10/1/2017 13:20:42   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow
AQ MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> How do you imagine the voices of the DragonFable characters?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition