Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AE, how do you make your money on such great value?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> AE, how do you make your money on such great value?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2017 5:12:28   
Cherant

I just purchased a one-time payment upgrade to all my characters (God knows I've literally been playing AQ for 10+ years before I finally bought it... time flies), and I literally just bought a 6-character upgrade to my Dragon Fable account now. Heck, soon I might even spend on MechQuest. I still can't believe it's a one-time payment thing.

The curiosity is just KILLING me. TELL ME, I BEG YOU. How in the world can you get by with so many game projects of such high quality and we get away with only 1 payment? Even Jagex is like "Gimme 5 dollah every month".

How do you even get by and stay?? Don't you need consistent cash flow for hosting servers?? Where does most of the money come from? My curiosity is literally killing me right now!!

< Message edited by Cherant -- 9/28/2017 5:26:04 >
Post #: 1
9/28/2017 5:51:32   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Most of AE's games are unable to sustain themselves with Oversoul, HeroSmash, WarpForce and EpicDuel already dead. AE relies heavily on AQWorlds for money and later on, possibly AQ3D. All of AE's games have secondary currency and they rely upon this to make money, for those games that have a one time upgrade system. AQWorlds has "membership" which expires after the specified time. In order to continue enjoying perks a player has to renew his/her membership.

< Message edited by Dr Disrespect -- 9/28/2017 5:55:52 >
Post #: 2
9/28/2017 11:22:50   
ShadowMoon

you forgot to mention that mechquest is also pretty much dead since ash left.
AE seems to need more coders and story writers
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/28/2017 13:22:31   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Ah yes, I forgot about MechQuest. It's hard to keep a mental list of dead AE games, there are so many of them now.
Post #: 4
9/28/2017 14:25:48   
Cherant

Who is Ash? What was he good at?
Post #: 5
9/28/2017 22:54:14   
Rickyb20

Pika-Knight
FR & AQW Q&A/Sugg

Ash was the sole coder for MQ and a coder for DF. There was a falling out between him and Artix which was why he left. MQ died after he left because he was the only person coding it and there was nobody else available to code it.

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 9/28/2017 22:55:41 >
AQW  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> AE, how do you make your money on such great value?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition