Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why is unhealable companions/friends still a thing?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why is unhealable companions/friends still a thing?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2017 12:41:37   
Cherant

I've been away like I don't know. 5, 6 years? And still I have to get an OCD attack (joke) when I see my companions health and mana bar just STAY THERE when I step on a healing pad or spam heal me button on Twilly or something. You'd have to travel all around the world to reinvite them again just like 10 years ago. Why is this still a thing?? It's been friggin 10 years!

Is leaving companions unhealable intentional?? Why??
Post #: 1
9/28/2017 14:40:39   
Jet Silver

There are quests that kinda fix that. I assume that fixing all heal pads so they work on guests is more trouble than it's worth. I agree there should be a simpler option to healing guests than getting them to rejoin though. Personally I'd like some kind of station in my house or falconreach where I can pick from any of the guests in the game or heal them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/28/2017 15:14:43   
GreyCat

I've been annoyed by this for a long time, and I never comprehended that other people might be too .

I've discovered recently that there are "Heal Party" buttons in the Calamity Saga wars, and probably in other places too. It's still kind of a hassle to go there between every quest, but it's a LOT easier than gathering up all my companions again.

As for healing pads, I kind of like the fact that they don't heal my companions too, just because the ones I usually quest with make me slightly OP, and I think a lot of quests would be too easy (I play on hard mode most of the time) if my companions could get the same full heal between every few monsters that my character gets. Although I do think that if a quest has a boss at the end with a heal button, my companions should get the same full heal that I get for the boss.

And while we're on the subject, it would also be nice to be able to save companions the same way you can save equipment at the guardian tower library (with a DA). Even though I just have to go to one place to heal them, it's still an inconvenience having to gather them each time I log in .
DF  Post #: 3
9/28/2017 15:49:25   
Baron Dante

Wasn't it recently changed so that if your friends fall to 0 health, they actually do leave instead of lingering around with 0 health, being able to live for one turn, potentially sponge one hit and then they're done again?

I feel that with that change, it might actually be nice to allow Guest healing in quests. Especially at higher levels, they're likely to be much less capable of taking hits, so it might actually incentivise people to go to heal when they themselves don't need to.
Then again, that does go against the new trend of reducing sponging capabilities, but I don't think it's that big of a deal? Usually if you need help, the fight is likely to be a one-off, so having them at full health might be expected.

Also, it'd make sense with healing pads and such? They work on everyone, right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/29/2017 2:57:07   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^ I remember that (as a Rolith Guest abuser whenever I'm not forced into special guests) being a thing for more than a year but I guess that's recently in DF terms
Post #: 5
9/29/2017 18:12:05   
Tesarion

This actually made me shut down my internet browser (and DF too with it) during some of the wars in past. Right now you get more exp and gold if you fight alone, and additionally some bosses get stronger the more friends you bring with you so going solo is my way to live right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/29/2017 18:35:52   
GammaCavy

Nope GreyCat, one specific Calamity Saga war is the only place with a Heal party button. I know, because I have to either reload my half-healty Aegis, or go there to heal him. It would be very nice to have healing pads or potion refills that work on guests as well as the play. Obviously some have healing skills, but those who don't are of limited value.
DF  Post #: 7
9/29/2017 19:13:44   
Greyor_42

@agammacavy

actually, i've experience certain quests, or even quest-givers where the heal button does fully heal guests as well, despite not saying "heal party" or something similar, only saying "heal". they aren't very common, though.
DF  Post #: 8
9/30/2017 13:49:49   
GammaCavy

Really? Where?
DF  Post #: 9
9/30/2017 14:54:14   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

they're pretty few and far between, but i seem to recall a couple heal buttons working like that now in at least one of the orb sagas.
DF  Post #: 10
9/30/2017 20:52:33   
Htown1001

@Greyor_42

I do remember this as well. Even some early on quests with a boss at the end had the heal button heal your party, but only those where you had a storyline guest with you.
DF  Post #: 11
9/30/2017 23:41:22   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Right now you get more exp and gold if you fight alone, and additionally some bosses get stronger the more friends you bring with you so going solo is my way to live right now.

If you invest into CHA, you'll end up getting more exp and gold than if you fight alone. Breakeven is at 100 CHA.

Guests being healed isn't something that we've been trying to avoid- and going back and fixing every heal pad/button isn't feasible either. I can probably do a pass of some major heal button spots, but I'm not going to be able to touch the majority of them just out of time constraint.

Saving guests is something that I can look into, but probably isn't going to happen soon.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

EDIT: actually, i jst got an idea- gonna try to implement it next week, but no promises. it might not work.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/30/2017 23:44:57 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
10/1/2017 19:08:18   
Jet Silver

So if I have 200 CHA I get more exp from bringing guests along? That's news to me. Is CHA the only stat to give a straight-up EXP boost under certain circumstances?

Also Verlyrus, could there be some faster way to access certain guests? Like some area in Falconreach with a list of add guest buttons? Maybe certain guests locked until you've found them once already? Though I supposed if saving guests becomes a thing that issue becomes moot for the most part.

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 10/1/2017 19:13:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/8/2017 18:57:51   
Htown1001

I would just like to thank the creators of this game, Verly here especially, for reading the community's input and acting on it. Without this kind of devotion and connection, I think the game would be in a drastically worse place.
DF  Post #: 14
10/8/2017 19:33:24   
GammaCavy

I too wish to thank our intrepid Boxcat for taking the time to listen to our input and make the gameplay smoother. At 11 years, I've been playing this for over half my life, and it has always been a wonderful experience. The care of the team shows in every facet of the world and gamplay, and so:
From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Verlyrus, Tove.
DF  Post #: 15
10/8/2017 21:57:27   
Luckyjazzt

I don't think I've ever played a game where the developers no only listen to our criticisms, but take it well and actually better the game around them. You guys really are awesome, and we thank you every day, but its still not enough. You guys are the best.
DF  Post #: 16
10/10/2017 17:11:33   
Tesarion

Okay, today is the first time I tried to actually use companions in quests (I am gathering Bloody Monster Hearts to unlock ShadowHunter). It is cool I can add them to my party from the Book of Lore, but there is one thing. After every quest I healed them and myself using this "Heal & Potions" button from Book. And mana of my companions is NaN (NaN/890), and it stays this way, doesn't deplete at all. It has no bad effects (well, it makes things a lot easier), the game doesn't crash, no errors, things work ike they should.

Happened when I was using Artix/Nythera, Artix/Rolith, Artix/Ash, Symone/Nythera.

< Message edited by Tesarion -- 10/13/2017 17:15:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/10/2017 17:54:38   
Solargeo

@Tes It also just happened to robina , i just decided to try try farming for the upgrade to my destiny weapon
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/11/2017 11:38:57   
Lord Run

so they updated Robina's MP but didn't created an invite to party version that is above lvl 2 to random quests.....
god just bring Robina back even Ash get lvl updated in book 3 bring Robina update so i can walk around with my old team agine
me Robina and Ash i mean ever since monsters started to attack companions i wasn't able to use part until Ash got lvl update becouse now the low lvl part members just die in any first attack and the enemies just getting free extra HP
Post #: 19
10/11/2017 13:50:24   
Greyor_42

@lord run

they can't make a book 3 robina guest, she's the acting queen of swordhaven, remember?
DF  Post #: 20
10/12/2017 2:48:23   
Lord Run

then update book 1 lvl like they did with Artix Galanoth Valencia and basicly every party member other then book 1 Ash and book 1 Robina.now low lvl book 1 Ash is ok becouse in book one he was a joke about noob players and there is high lvl version in book 3,but i realy want to have both of Ash and Robina in desent lvl for my rendom none canon story quests and doungeon crawling quests and challenge quests and farming gold/equipment random quests im doing.
all so when we get permanent lvl scaled Warlic guest heck ever since the quest with Xan that we got lvl 12 Warlic we never partyed with Warlic once in the entire Dragon Fable and he is one of the Adventure quest classics. AE games just not feel like AE games without the classic characters joining there fray here and there to be honest the entire book 3 was cassic butchering all together both in art style and screen time you all moust don't see the classics in book 3 outher then Robina that not even reminds herself any more do to im going to spy on the rose that actually leaded to nothing other then we slaying Sik Duat for the rose not once that spying realy helped aginst the rose there was only 2 small quests of us going to the tree fortress and thats it.
we saw the classics so far only at the final quests of the Catith Saga,wich means we spended all moust 2 years in dragon fable all moust not meeting the classics characters at all,i mean i know that Tomix said he hate nostalgia but show some love to us nostalgic players to i mean he gave fan services to the LGBT players here and there but not to us the old nostalgic players?

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/12/2017 3:03:07 >
Post #: 21
10/12/2017 2:58:27   
Greyor_42

@lord run

warlic is what is referred to as an "all-powerful bystander". that's his thing, he doesn't actually get involved unless it's either absolutely necessary, or a personal thing(like the elemental storm war and vs. xan that one time). and look what happened the LAST time he got involved.

unlike other guest characters, he's not SUPPOSED to be someone you team up with all the time. he's supposed to be someone who you NEVER team up with.

also, just because "classic" characters aren't heavily involved doesn't mean they aren't there or interacted with anymore. heck, even aqc doesn't use the old staff characters quite as often nowadays. and it doesn't make it not an AE game either. just like any world, dragonfable has evolved and grown over time. and as long as it lives, it will continue to do so. besides, it's been a separate beast from aqc since way back in book 1, which is a good thing. that means it has its own identity.

and while nostalgia is a good thing, focusing ONLY on nostalgia factors really isn't. doing so blinds you to flaws that there used to be, as well as good things that are in the new work.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/12/2017 3:07:05 >
DF  Post #: 22
10/12/2017 3:05:59   
Lord Run

hmm i gess you right about the Warlic part i mean i miss hanging around with him like i used to at the Original AQ but ya makeing him get involved in dragonfable is indid to much to ask i can see that i add Warlic to the party press 4th skill slot and all the world explodes! XD

but Gavor you are the wrong person for me to talk about it you from day one that i started geting involved in the forums was aginst my love to Nostalgia you are from the players that
welcomes the less old school stuff so its pointless for me to try to find agreement with you about it so lets agree to dissagree about this one.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/12/2017 3:09:37 >
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why is unhealable companions/friends still a thing?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition