Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2017 8:41:45   
Fire alandry

This quest was amazing! Thank you Devs...
spoiler:

quote:

Wow, I honestly thought DF was going to kill off another child.

Yes, this scene was scary. Fortunately, Aeon wrote this quest. Because Tomix would've kill him (no offence Tomix, I really love your writing. And the dark parts too).

Anyway, Lore is a hard world. I wouldn't want to live there.

< Message edited by Fire alandry -- 10/1/2017 8:43:41 >

"Never make fun of someone who speaks broken English. It means they know another language."
DF  Post #: 26
10/1/2017 10:38:04   
Greyor_42

@fxmybrute13

it was specifically the MAIN part of the quest(as in, during the time we were playing as faust and in the village) that took place before the gala, everything after that is not the main part, and thus could easily have taken place JUST after the gala did.

also,
spoiler:

considering what exactly lysander had been doing(having his soldiers set up bombs in villages to utterly destroy them and apparently turn part of their pupulation undead),and being more or less unconcerned about the hero finding out about these activities, i'd say that he definitely would consider a gala being attacked by a foreign power, and the king getting kidnapped "uneventful".

EDIT: on a side note, based on his new twitter handle, tomix prefers to be called "Tove" now. i shall proceed to do so from now on.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/1/2017 10:40:53 >
DF  Post #: 27
10/1/2017 16:11:08   
Sanani

Aww. So no Tovex or Dovex? I can live with it.
spoiler:

Faust scream, I AM ANIME CHARCTER" for miles, but im always for more mysterious ones
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
10/1/2017 16:16:17   
GammaCavy

Tove? As in 'twas brilig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe?' I won't be able to take our intrepid animator seriously with that association. Still, I'll do my best to remember his preference.
Tove, if you're reading this, sorry if I periodically slip and call you Tomix!
DF  Post #: 29
10/1/2017 17:24:22   
Emrys

spoiler:

Considering Lysander is the greek version/origin of Alexander, I'm inclined to believe he is somehow related to Xan, if not the man himself. It's possible being frozen changed him a lot, and he seems to be acting directly against the rose, ie against Janaia

Amazing release! With some great writing by Aeon. Exciting to see Faust again and can't wait to see what happens next with this third party, as well as discover the remaining 3 (or 4, do we count?) of the six heroes.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
10/1/2017 17:25:53   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

So with the kid and single mother going have to move away with the Guardians protecting them?
DF  Post #: 31
10/1/2017 18:22:49   
Shiny_Underpants

spoiler:

Lysander really brought the sun with that massive explosion. Talk about drawing a long bow, Shiny...
I really want to know what book Lysander is reading. Also whether he's drinking modern coffee or DF rennaissance coffee. Or a babychino.

Not entirely sure what detonating a bunch of villages in complete secrecy is going to achieve. But if the Hero is aware of the activities, perhaps it's bait.

quote:

~original: @Melrakki018
spoiler:

Faust runs with his hands in his pockets...

This may be one of the most weirdly amusing things I've seen lately. Definitely worth the extra day.

I do that. Melbourne can be cold.

quote:

~original: @Alamiran
spoiler:

Maybe Faust thought Fangblade would be in the finale of the tournament, and that by getting to the finale with him, he could ask him where "it" is. Maybe "it" was in that box with the uoside down heart?

I imagine the box contained the bomb, so unless he really wanted to find a bomb to smuggle into the Gala heroically defuse or something, I doubt it.

Faust is so dark and mysterious that it's almost comical. He's detached to the point that, even in the process of saving a small child, he's considering something entirely unrelated.
It's times like these I miss Veya...

Tove didn't just change his handle.
That profile picture is great.
DF MQ  Post #: 32
10/1/2017 22:40:20   
shadowvamp17

is it me or does anyone else imagine faust with qrow brenwen's (RWBY) voice?
Post #: 33
10/1/2017 23:48:30   
Flabagast

spoiler:

"Only the Six Heroes can defeat the White Tyrant."

I suppose this one pretty much checks out then? Six heroes from six villages, and an antagonist dressed in white?

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 10/3/2017 0:36:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
10/2/2017 1:44:01   
GreyCat

Well, it's a great quest from what I've seen SO FAR, but I can't seem to get past the first burning zombie. It walks up, then after a while the little "un-stick" button appears, but then the zombie just stays there after I click the button.
spoiler:

Also, I love Faust, and I'm happy he's becoming a recurring character! Is anyone else getting Black Butler vibes from him? I don't know, maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there...
DF  Post #: 35
10/2/2017 3:48:44   
Shiny_Underpants

I knew the name Lysander was familiar...
It's literally the entry above one of the names I've used in a story.
(Sourced from an ancient copy of E.H. Blakeney's 'A Smaller Classical Dictionary'.)

quote:

~original: @shadowvamp17
is it me or does anyone else imagine faust with qrow brenwen's (RWBY) voice?

I'd imagine Faust as sounding a little more... sober. Also, not all of Faust's lines are entirely comprised of clichés. Not that Faust has that many...

quote:

~original: @Aeon
I’m just going to put it out there once and for all, but Xan and Lysander have completely different hair colors. Look at the actual tint and compare them

I'll just put this somewhere nice and safe for future reference.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 10/2/2017 3:49:23 >
DF MQ  Post #: 36
10/2/2017 4:13:47   
Aura Knight

I finally decided to play this release and got stuck twice. Burning zombie's second attack just has it walk up close and do nothing. Unstick button showed up but clicking on it didn't change anything.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 37
10/2/2017 11:18:59   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

Are there no quest rewards for this quest or is this one of those quests where you have the chance of getting nothing? I've played it on all of my characters and none of them got a reward.

@shadowvamp17: That's not a bad voice for Faust, maybe a little less gruff but I think it's a good fit.
DF AQW  Post #: 38
10/2/2017 11:51:53   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

spoiler:

Hm... Faust still feels out of place, but dev-avatars usually do.

So based on this quest, some people use the conflict between Rose and rebels to push through their own agenda? (Which Guardians are those btw? Willowshire?)

We also have a villain now... a new third party, I guess? Though colour- and design-scheme wise, he has that Azaveyr vibe, so I wouldn't rule out some connection with the Magesterium entirely. On the other hand, he probably would've reacted more harshly to the Gala in that case, I guess.
DF AQW  Post #: 39
10/2/2017 13:42:30   
Baron Dante

spoiler:

You know, I find the specific phrasing of Aeon's post a bit curious. It doesn't say that Xan and Lysander aren't related, or even that they aren't the same person. Just that the hair color is different.
Not that I think that's what we're going for, but y'know :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
10/2/2017 15:53:38   
GammaCavy

I hear Faust primarily as Jonny Yong Bosch of Bleach and Code Geass fame. Calm, quiet, laid back, but when things get dangerous...
DF  Post #: 41
10/2/2017 16:19:03   
Dark Lord Urmi

spoiler:

calling it now faust is our shadow the hedgehog a dark anti hero...and i love it. also i may be wrong but the name Lysander comes from A Midsummer Night's Dream right? he was a very passionate lover if i recall so i still think he may be xan slight hair color change or no.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 10/2/2017 16:22:11 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
10/2/2017 21:21:57   
raylas

spoiler:

How do you use the "bargin" skill, and what does it do?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
10/2/2017 22:06:34   
Greyor_42

@raylas

nobody knows so far.
DF  Post #: 44
10/2/2017 23:11:11   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

As a major fan of dark themes, this was fantastic to watch. That, combined with all the cool new NPC outfits we got to see...*shudders*

I loved it. The music, the animation, the theory material. Wonderful, all the way. You've gained a me as a fan, Aeon.

quote:

spoiler:

You know, I find the specific phrasing of Aeon's post a bit curious. It doesn't say that Xan and Lysander aren't related, or even that they aren't the same person. Just that the hair color is different.
Not that I think that's what we're going for, but y'know :P

I was thinking the exact same thing...while I won't go so far as to say that
spoiler:

Lysander is Xan
yet, I will say that I believe there to be some sort of link between the two of them.

quote:

I knew the name Lysander was familiar...

I'm glad somebody else took the time to find this. I contemplated the relationship too, but I'm always skeptical to try to find direct references to real world history and/or lore. It all depends on who wrote the quest.

Once again, bravo DF team, I'm very intrigued to see where this is going. I have a feeling this plotline will add another layer of complexity and moral greyness to book 3, something I've been a huge fan of from the beginning. ;)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
10/3/2017 0:32:56   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ i do remember Lysander being the name of a spartan general. so on one hand we have a brutal general and the other a passionate lover....maybe it's both for this guy.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
10/3/2017 4:12:44   
Gabriel Castro

Since people aren't convinced with Aeon's earlier response in the thread, here's what he said in the DragonFable Discord server.
Post #: 47
10/3/2017 4:46:52   
Dark Lord Urmi

Dragonfable has a discord server?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
10/3/2017 5:30:41   
Gabriel Castro

The Discord server is unofficial, Urmi. Although, we have been blessed with the presence of a few staff members.

Now, a bit more on topic: I'm seriously impressed with this quest. I knew that book 3 would bring a much heavier tone, but this quest has surpassed my expectations. Not only there was a literal bomb, but there were also burning zombies. I'll admit that I'm not too invested in Faust, but Lysander sure is an interesting villain. Eagerly awaiting for more quests!

< Message edited by gabrielcastro -- 10/3/2017 5:40:39 >
Post #: 49
10/3/2017 6:14:27   
RKC

Are we making a avengers team here?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition