Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2017 23:58:38   
TimeKiller

I see the discord ss but I mean that staff has mislead us before about things. I can imagine that being in ice for 5 years might cure and if it did could possible lighten his hair color.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/4/2017 11:08:00   
Vanilla Icecream

I like Faust :D
Forgive me if this offends anyone, but he reminds me of Kinesis in Maplestory
Even his barrier skill reminds me of Kinesis's skills.

spoiler:

I wonder what that skill on the far right does, and whether we'll get to use it one day.
DF  Post #: 52
10/4/2017 11:11:00   
Lord Run

i don't know what with you guys but for me this quest was random villain burning random village in random place for no reason what so ever and the emo vampire student from the turnement
kick random soldiers that have an armor that resembling Roilth and all sensed by the random blue hair dud that had very minor appearance in the gale? i don't know what with you guys i understood nothing hopefully we will all understand it in the future i don't know if it was a good or bad quest i would give it i don't know 5? 6? out of 10?
i mean for a none filler quest its really nothing special or having any relevant to the story other then the fact that vampire boy gonna probably be one of the 6 legendary heros and i must admit
he is OP and i can tell why such guy can be a legendary hero such a fighter wouldn't shame the early seasons of Dragonball Z,wait maybe that was the entire idea of this quest to intredus that OP hero as a hero and not as a villain,well if that was the idia then it did a good job i guess i give this quest 7 as a none filler quest for it dose serves so superpose.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/4/2017 11:17:30 >
Post #: 53
10/4/2017 11:51:07   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

I can imagine that being in ice for 5 years might cure and if it did could possible lighten his hair color.

This is a very good point. The fire on Xan's skull burns him, yet heals him so he doesn't die. However, at the end of book 1, we do briefly see his flames extinguished, and he is still alive. Perhaps the ice extinguished his flame, but didn't stop its healing power?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
10/5/2017 8:24:44   
Lord Alsvinich

I feel like we are seriously annoying Aeon by continuing to think that Lysander and Xan are the same person

also could someone P.M me the discord thing

< Message edited by Lord Alsvinich -- 10/5/2017 8:25:16 >
Post #: 55
10/5/2017 9:02:37   
elcidIII

hmm... hair color does tend to vary a bit between siblings...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
10/5/2017 10:12:58   
Rio3678

quote:

I like Faust :D
Forgive me if this offends anyone, but he reminds me of Kinesis in Maplestory
Even his barrier skill reminds me of Kinesis's skills.

First of all why would that offend anyone? (serious question I legit don't know why)

Second of all, it reminds me of him too. It doesn't help that he's dressed like he's from our world.
I often theorized he was some kind of dimension traveler.

Third of all, it's nice to see another Maplestory fan

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
10/5/2017 11:07:07   
Vanilla Icecream

@Rio
I've seen lots of cases where artists didn't like comparing OCs to existing characters
I was afraid my observation might bug the creators, too, especially since Maplestory is a game rather than an anime or anything lol

Tbh, I was thinking the same thing as your second point. Maybe he's a player of the game who made a bargain to enter it, making him act rather indifferently throughout the quest.
spoiler:

He didn't even bother to persuade the others of his innocence.

Maybe all that happened in the quest was a game to him, something he could simply log out of?
DF  Post #: 58
10/5/2017 14:42:23   
holdinglines

I know this'll probably seem kinda stupid but...I wonder if the Hero of Lore is going to count as one of the Six Heroes? Idk, I guess I'm thinking of the PC playing more of a mentor role or something...
DF  Post #: 59
10/5/2017 15:07:02   
Ĉon
The Darklight Hero

No such thing as a stupid theory! Keep 'em coming!

< Message edited by Ĉon -- 10/5/2017 20:22:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
10/5/2017 15:24:04   
Greyor_42

@holdinglines

well, that last clue we got about the six heroes is that we already know one of them, but haven't guessed them yet. interestingly enough, the hero themselves is one of the few people we hadn't guessed up until then, or even AFTER we were told, so your idea is actually quite possible.

though it's also possible that after we were told we knew who it was, we DID guess the six hero we knew, but just haven't been told that we did. of course, the number of names we've guessed so far is very large, so even if aeon DID tell us that we've finally correctly guessed who i shall for now call "the first hero", we probably wouldn't even know which of our guesses was the correct one, until it was revealed in a quest.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/5/2017 15:27:49 >
DF  Post #: 61
10/5/2017 15:29:45   
Dark Lord Urmi

@holdinglines it's obvious the six heroes are the power rangers but we are the green/white ranger XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
10/5/2017 18:23:35   
Rio3678

When I heard six heroes and undertale references I thought of the six human souls from Undertale

Justice, Kindness, Integrity, Perserverance, Bravery, Patience

This questline is filling me with DETERMINATION
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
10/5/2017 19:20:47   
holdinglines

@Rio

hnnng, i never even thought of that!
DF  Post #: 64
10/5/2017 22:31:42   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

well, Faust does seem to be patience, he never loses his cool, suave demeanor.
DF AQW  Post #: 65
10/6/2017 5:31:11   
Shiny_Underpants

^Faust is not, however, one of the heroes. @Aeon has confirmed that.

So in the first quest in the saga there were a number of Undertale references. In this release, there was a black and white heart, split down the middle, with the kanji associated with despair on it. Is this perhaps also a reference to another game? Half black, half white, and despair...

quote:

~original: @Greyor_42
well, that last clue we got about the six heroes is that we already know one of them, but haven't guessed them yet. interestingly enough, the hero themselves is one of the few people we hadn't guessed up until then, or even AFTER we were told, so your idea is actually quite possible.

It's actually possible that we have guessed them, since that post. Based on when the edit was made to that post, my guess may have been somewhere near the mark. As to who that was... I'm also more interested in the speculation.
Also, I was fairly sure the Hero was recognized as a potential candidate before that clue was given. I cannot recall exactly whether it was confirmed that they were not.
Lysander was not raised as a potential candidate.

Looking through the dictionary, there could be a skill called 'Seisachtheia'. Just saying.
Another note on this dictionary is that Faust is actually not included as an entry. In terms of which Lysander Aeon is referencing (and I suspect it is a figure of history or mythology, based on previous characters), it could be either; Faust was an actual figure of history in the fifteenth and sixteenth century, so historically that is a similar timeframe to A Midsummer Night's Dream. But a dictionary of phrase and fable could contain both Faust and Lysander as well.

Lysander's motive is still unclear. One particular thing about the General's bio jumped out at me:
"but the king purposely thwarted all his designs, and refused all the favours which he asked."

The Hero of DF has the clear capacity of obtaining favours from the King. And even in the event of the King's demise, the Hero is also in the Queen's good books.
The Hero knowing Lysander's plan does not bother him; in fact, it appears to please him. And the Hero saves people from dying, while Lysander is intentionally killing people in large numbers.
Lysander is also a strategic thinker, as well as a critical one, lending more credence to the General being the source of the name. He also seems... dispassionate, which is an odd choice for a passionate lover.

quote:

~original: @Lord Run
i don't know if it was a good or bad quest i would give it i don't know 5? 6? out of 10?

I feel as though the expressive intention was to create uncertainty, so in that regard perhaps it exceeds a mid-range score... After all, stories are primarily about emotions.

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but it was a fun quest! I enjoyed it.
DF MQ  Post #: 66
10/6/2017 9:38:17   
Lord Run

yes we are Tommy the white ranger i mean ya green is cool but white 10 times better it gives the feeling of a holy warrior XD.
but now seriously i don't like this Faust,Faust is a common name for necromancers from some odd reason i encounter like
8 necromancers with the name Faust in 8 deffrent movies books and games i don't know why but Faust is all ways a name with a bad aura to it.
any time i see a character named Faust in any media i know that this character probbly have some thing dark and maybe sinister and evil around them.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/6/2017 9:43:01 >
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 30: The Burning Village
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition