Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2017 17:16:32   
  Karika
Level 1 Laughing Tog

quote:

Tomix
The Branden Quarter!

Itís Friday and the release is live!

Head on over to Book 3 Swordhaven by the Library to pick up the quest from a member of The Rose in need of your aid! Itís up to you whether you want to help them or not... but know that they sure could use a hand. Trouble is brewing in parts of Swordhaven that are the most left behind and The Roseís military cannot sit on its laurels.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Engine update from Verlyrus:

• A new Dragon Amulet only page has been added to the Book of Lore that will allow you to invite guests outside of quests.
  • There are two spots left on the guest page! Let us know on the forums who you'd like to see summonable from the Book of Lore! Aegis? Mritha? Let us know!
  • Quests now recieve healing from all sources outside of battle.

Tags: Tomix Elryn Verlyrus
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    10/6/2017 17:37:16   
    The Sixth Samurai

I would love to see Aegis on the guest menu!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    10/6/2017 17:37:45   
    Bamzalot

A guest page and guest healing? This is a convenience I'm amazed I lasted so long without. I think I'll finally start using full parties now that I can manage my guests more efficiently. Thanks a ton for this!

As for the two spots left, I think Aegis should be a given. My vote for the second guest may be an unpopular opinion, but I would love for it to be Sir Leon. He is by far my favorite party member. Being a fully skilled light-based warrior makes him an extremely effective partner to the player character.
    Post #: 3
    10/6/2017 17:37:49   
    liger98

Definitely Mritha. Annoying to get to easily but has a ton of power.
    Post #: 4
    10/6/2017 17:55:30   
    SilverAngel
    Friendly!

Looks like we'll be getting a look at the lives of some of Swordhaven's citizens, I wonder what we'll learn.

Another vote for Aegis, no way am I passing on our Soul Ally ^^ I wonder if Tomix is a option, given the events of Book 3 Ravenloss.

DF AQW  Post #: 5
    10/6/2017 18:11:02   
    Commander_In_Red

I didn't realise that Quests needed healing. That's something new.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
    the optimist expects it to change;
    the realist adjusts the sails.
    - William Arthur Ward
    DF  Post #: 6
    10/6/2017 18:18:33   
    Spear180

Aegis, definitely. I love fighting alongside our soul ally and he's a very useful companion.
    AQW  Post #: 7
    10/6/2017 18:19:47   
    Lord Run

the thing that truly maded me smile is the quick party members menu that was add its a nice change from starting going to every single party member and colect him all so the healing pods now heal the party but they stop healing them when the hero is fully healed even if they aren't but you did great job with the add party member menu they shouled have done it years ago not only in dragonfable but in the original adventure & quest to.
    its truly makes me happy all so i must say the quest itself only shows how
    much the king was in the dark you know i preferred king Altheon of AQW him and DF Altheon are totally deffrent persons to be honest i find DF Altheon not worthy to be king,we need a new king
    we need a new high king! one that know FU SU DA! preferred XD, we need Ulfric Stormcloak like king or at list one like king Kashu from Lodoss wars,or Robina with all honesty i think she can actually be a great queen she is a bit young and unexpirianced but she have a strong spirit actualy she is a queen right now,i hope she will take the oportunity that she have right now as the soul ruler and fix few things and won't just sit on the throne and cry i mean she can tottaly fix the sins of the father.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/6/2017 18:20:41 >
    Post #: 8
    10/6/2017 18:32:18   
    GammaCavy

Definitely Aegis. And Tomix has to be available for players doing the first two books. Maybe book 1 Tomix only, and go over into a second page? Either that, or people can stick to grabbing him from the Gate in book 1 if they need him. He's not nearly as hard to get as Mrithra, after all.
    DF  Post #: 9
    10/6/2017 18:50:46   
    littlenessie2

Sir Leon
    DF  Post #: 10
    10/6/2017 19:02:58   
    Dragtarius

I would definitely vote Mritha. It's a little tedious to have to go to the Dragon Rose War every time one wants her to join, but in my opinion she's a really good guest, especially for bosses.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
    10/6/2017 19:34:39   
    Boxer2380

It seems to me that everyone thinks that Aegis should be one of the guests, and I agree. Being your Soul Ally, he's going to be there for you whenever you need him. As for the other guest, I would've voted for Falwynn since she's adventuring with us now, but I don't think we've ever even had her as a guest in the first place. So I'll vote Mritha, since a lot of other people seem to want her (three others voting for her, two others voting for Sir Leon at time of writing).
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
    10/6/2017 20:13:02   
    Vanilla Icecream

I'm voting for Aegis.
    He's not as hard to get as Mritha, but for people whose default armors are SW, it would save lots of trouble.
    I personally don't use other guests as much, so I'm leaving the second slot vote for the others :)

< Message edited by Vanilla Icecream -- 10/6/2017 21:48:29 >
    DF  Post #: 13
    10/6/2017 22:37:49   
    DarkLore

Um! Huge issue!! Inviting someone to first slot doesn't work!!! Please fix!!
    Okay... Seems its just Zhoom! His first slot button is the only broken one out of all the guests! His second slot works. But not his first...

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 10/6/2017 22:39:50 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    10/6/2017 22:42:34   
    Silver Sky Magician

Aegis and Seppy
    Epic  Post #: 15
    10/6/2017 22:46:01   
    Dark Lord Urmi

I love how you put such a big update in small text.

Yeah so you can now bring all your favorite npcs into battle if you have a DA whenever you want no biggie. XD

Excellent work again guys Aegis for sure...maybe tomix too?

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 10/6/2017 23:05:18 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
    10/6/2017 22:58:58   
    LouisCyphere

This is what I've always wanted. More guests.
    As for guests,
    There's always fan favorites like Sir Leon, Mritha and Aegis.
    How about Kara, Niki and Book 3 Tomix?

If we have too many guests to pick, is it possible to add another page for guests?

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/6/2017 23:06:18 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    10/6/2017 23:04:52   
    LanceDrake286

Love this QoL addition to the game! As for the last two spots, hard decision. Aegis FOR SURE. But as for the last one, i'm torn between B3 Tomix, Mritha and Sir Leon
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
    10/6/2017 23:24:35   
    DarkLore

Here's a cray idea! XAN! *Gets bricked* Okay... Fine... That would be awesome though!!!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    10/6/2017 23:58:42   
    Hermitpriest

I gotta say Aegis if hes able to be added without needing SW equipped, if not than Mritha is a given and maybe a Holiday only character or maybe Aria.
    DF  Post #: 20
    10/7/2017 0:07:21   
    Baron Dante

I wonder what are the odds we'll eventually get more than 1 page of easy summonable NPCs?
    Though, there really aren't that many that are really worth it currently. LouisCyphere basically listed all of them already, I'd think.
    I'd point at Imaru and Serenity Okami though. Since they're a pair, and they're basically identical, you could probably magic them to be slot A and B instead of being able to summon both separately as you wish. :P

I do love the fact that not only does this make summoning these guests easier, but it also offers you some new combinations as some of these couldn't be summoned at the same time originally.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    10/7/2017 2:20:55   
    Christophoses
    AQW Release Tester & Lore Connoisseur

A few months ago I suggested that Aegis' sigil appear next to the Dragon Amulet so that you could summon him from anywhere in-game. Aegis is definitely the one who I'm casting my vote for.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
    10/7/2017 3:13:29   
    LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

So when we going get the facial tattoo from this quest NPC?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 10/7/2017 3:16:26 >
    DF  Post #: 23
    10/7/2017 3:51:07   
    steambin96

Aegis and Niki would be good.
    Post #: 24
    10/7/2017 4:22:03   
    popinloopy

Absolutely Mritha and Aegis. Maybe a Page 2 that has some slightly less serious allies, such as being able to summon the MOP cats. Also makes me wonder if they could put a "set starting equipment" button in the book, too. That'd be pretty convenient.

EDIT: Found a small bug, I think. Guests don't just heal outside of quests when you do. So far, I've found opening the inventory and drinking potions from there healed my guest during a quest still. Almost no further testing done, so no more details.

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 10/7/2017 4:47:44 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition