Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2017 7:54:05   
Gabriel Castro

I second that idea. Having guests appear on the book only after you've met them would absolutely contribute to the immersion!

I still haven't had the chance to play Elryn's new quest, but it sure looks interesting. Always a pleasure to learn more about The Rose.

< Message edited by Gabriel Castro -- 10/8/2017 7:56:12 >
Post #: 51
10/8/2017 9:05:10   
Solargeo

@greyor I had forgot that. Eh oh well. .. I know how about everyones Second favorite Dragonlord ? With all new skills, and can summon her dragon for an ult .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
10/8/2017 12:38:04   
Jet Silver

I feel like, rather than Aegis, the last 2 buttons should be Sir Leon and Mritha, and THEN there should be a button elsewhere on the book or Dragon Amulet called "Call SoulAlly" that unlocks after unlocking SoulWeaver.

That way even if we decide to eat/destroy Aegis in the Chaosweaver/Fleshweaver questline there won't be a locked button and we can call Secundus, as well as all major non-class based guests being accounted for in the book.

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 10/8/2017 12:40:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
10/8/2017 13:52:59   
GammaCavy

Jet has a good idea about the uses of a Summon Aegis button. I have to admit, though, that it would be just like our dear animator who feasts on the tears of his enemies to leave a locked button for him, reminding every Fleashweaver of what they gave up to attain this power, what bond will never be had again.
DF  Post #: 54
10/8/2017 14:07:15   
Bamzalot

I agree with Aegis having his own invitation method. Aegis is like the dragon of the SoulWeaver class, so having his own summon for SoulWeavers would be fitting. Then it opens up those two slots for other guests.

If possible, it would be ideal if there were multiple pages of guest invites. After all, there are a lot of choices. Now that I think about it, I am surprised that Valencia isn't already on the list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get multiple pages in, because there are a a lot more than just two characters that should be added. But, if we can only have those two, my vote still goes to Aegis and Sir Leon.
Post #: 55
10/8/2017 14:54:19   
holdinglines

Just wanna say: Thank you SO MUCH for listening to our worries and making things more easily accessible. Putting a button for guests and allowing them to heal up is something I'm sure took a lotta time to do, and I really appreciate that!
DF  Post #: 56
10/8/2017 15:28:34   
Dragon Master1229

My vote's also for Aegis, as for the second slot I don't really have a preference so.
DF  Post #: 57
10/8/2017 15:40:15   
Fire alandry

quote:

Just wanna say: Thank you SO MUCH for listening to our worries and making things more easily accessible. Putting a button for guests and allowing them to heal up is something I'm sure took a lotta time to do, and I really appreciate that!

I couldn't agree more. You are the best:-)

I will vote for B3 Aegis.
I really loved B1 Tomix, but he's
spoiler:

older and dead
so it's probably not an option...
DF  Post #: 58
10/8/2017 16:47:16   
Luckyjazzt

Another vote for Aegis and Mritha from me. Or, if possible, one that you can choose and save in the future. Say if automatically saves whichever person is your guest 1, and then you have a button for that. Regardless, I love the button. Much thanks for it.
DF  Post #: 59
10/8/2017 17:47:18   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

I'd say I'd like to see Aegis and Konnan. I believe the latter is a highly underrated guest, considering how high his damage output is. Though he lacks any actual "skills", I think his raw power would be a great asset alongside most classes.

*Or Sepulchure. The likelihood of him being an option is very small, but one can always hope. ;)

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 10/8/2017 17:49:48 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
10/8/2017 18:07:49   
rater202

I think we'd need a book 3 Konna quest period for us to have a Konna guest in the book though.

Not that I'd mind, but he seems intent on repenting and being a normal blacksmith right now. It'd take a lot to get him to come adventuring with us--especially since, for all that he seems to have let go of his own misplaced anger, we don't really seem to like him very much right now.
AQ DF  Post #: 61
10/8/2017 18:45:17   
Caesaris

Void Walker of AQW Sugg & Brazilian Help

Mritha and Aegis, please!

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
10/8/2017 19:20:25   
GammaCavy

What about Book 1 Tomix being someone who can be invited outside of the Ravenloss War? I really do like bringing him on some quests *Cough* Nightmare Demons- Darkness Orb Saga *Cough* and since he turns up in the cutscenes anyway...
And I'm still voting for Aegis, or a Summon Aegis button, or something!

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 10/8/2017 19:21:06 >
DF  Post #: 63
10/8/2017 22:44:52   
afb728

I just got back into the game and have really enjoyed the recent quests. Despite this little arc being intended as kind of a filler, I really like the look into the minds and sentiments of the "little people" of Lore. It's a strength of Book 3; we don't only see the world of the powerful or upperclass. So, thanks for this quest!

I love the new feature of adding the guests, and definitely Aegis is my vote for one to be added.

However, I am currently playing from Book 1 on a new character. As some people have pointed out, it doesn't work for the immersion factor to have guests available before you've met them, but in addition to that, All of the guests are the Book 3 versions of themselves. The skillsets are different, so although I want Artix to join me, I want the functions that his Book 1 guest (From the Necropolis, not from Amityvale) has. Book 3 Artix lacks those functions (E.g. healing) and Ash now has most of them. However, in order to keep the immersion, I can't summon him. Other than Artix and (possibly) Aegis, I'm not sure if this goes for the other guests, but it is something that stood out to me.

That being said, I'm very grateful for this feature and have thoroughly enjoyed my return to the game. Thanks staff!

EDIT for clarification: I don't think that people should be locked from using Book 3 guests if they're playing in Book 1 or 2, but I think the option of Book 1-2 guests should be there.

< Message edited by afb728 -- 10/8/2017 23:04:35 >

Every day is a different adventure.

DF  Post #: 64
10/8/2017 23:00:51   
Flabagast

^ Gah, that might be a problem. Maybe we need one page of guests for each Book on second thought, maybe Book 2 guests shouldn't be accessible outside of the Book 2 storyline, just to keep things from getting messy. One page for Book 1 and another for Book 3, and the latter is only accessible once the Caitiff saga is completed?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
10/8/2017 23:31:48   
Greldracion

^ That wouldn't work as you can use Ash, Galanoth, Maz, and Raven before the Calamity Saga, so locking them out wouldn't be productive at all.
AQ  Post #: 66
10/9/2017 0:33:10   
GammaCavy

Perhaps make Book 3 Guests only available after reaching them in their locations... Town, Forest, Undercity, The Shears, Sulen'Eska. In other words, locked until your first interaction with them, with people like Ash being activated on completing the book 3 intro, maybe?
DF  Post #: 67
10/9/2017 0:37:46   
afb728

Granted I'm looking at this from the point of view of playing an alt, but I feel like people should be able to choose. Definitely on some alts I don't care about immersion and if a Book 3 guest is the best one for whatever I'm doing, that's great.
Basically what I'm suggesting/asking for is more options. If nothing else so new players don't load Book 3 Nythera and wonder why she looks so different from what you normally see. Dude, where'd her hair go?
DF  Post #: 68
10/9/2017 2:24:26   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

pls give me the option to use Verlyrus thenks
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
10/9/2017 3:00:58   
fxmybrute13

Having Rhubard and Mazurek seems redundant, they seem identical in stats and abilities.
DF AQW  Post #: 70
10/9/2017 13:03:48   
Rafiq von den Vielen

quote:

Let us know on the forums who you'd like to see summonable from the Book of Lore!

Aegis and Book 3 Tomix. I second/third/fourth/whateverth this.
Maximum soulweaver flavor. Plus, Tomix is awesome.
Post #: 71
10/9/2017 14:07:54   
Solargeo

Does no One Like my Second idea? Or did everyone forget about the DragonGrasp Saga? Or forget who i was talking about?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
10/9/2017 14:32:12   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

@Solargeo: Nothing's wrong with Vilmor, I just think everyone has there own ideas of who they want.
DF AQW  Post #: 73
10/9/2017 14:51:33   
Solargeo

I want know how things are in DragonGrasp and if the Thorn is giving them any trouble. And Vilmor i think She needs more screen time

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 10/9/2017 14:58:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
10/9/2017 15:17:07   
Baron Dante

@Solargeo: You know, I'd like to have more Vilmor in general.
As far as the guests go though, I don't recall her skillset being particularly noteworthy, so as long as we're limited to just adding 2 characters, I figure might as well make them count.
(Then again, you can't actually get Vilmor with you outside of the one guest she's in, so having her available outside that in general wouldn't be too bad)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition