Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2017 17:55:39   
GreyCat

I'll put in a vote for Sir Leon and Mritha, since they're usually the ones I bring with me. Aegis would be nice too, if he was made it was made so non-SoulWeavers could bring him.
DF  Post #: 76
10/9/2017 20:28:30   
luis el master

Sepulchere... or artix full skills !!! please
Post #: 77
10/9/2017 20:46:03   
Flabagast

@Greldracion I was merely suggesting the page of Book 3 guests be locked, rather than the guests themselves. You could still easily go and find a Book 3 NPC and invite them as a guest. Then once the Caitiff Saga is complete, you can excess them from that single page.

I like GammaCavy's idea; making guests accessible from the Book of Lore once you find them sounds very reasonable, although it might be a bit harder to code.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
10/9/2017 21:13:25   
Solargeo

@Baron Maybe they should give her a new Saga where we help capture " Everyone's Favorite DragonMaster" That could be goood. Have a Double Titan Fight where We team up against Frosty and some other villain .. Ignore the slashed text. anyway Yes we need to hear more about her. and maybe get her in some more normalish dragonlord armor?

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 10/9/2017 21:14:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
10/9/2017 21:27:47   
popinloopy

I noticed another thing, but I'm not sure I'd call it a glitch this time, so much as an oversight. Standing on healing pads in a quest DOES heal your guest, BUT if you get to full HP and MP before they do, they'll stop healing when you stop.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
10/9/2017 21:51:39   
Greldracion

@ Flabagast

But an issue with that idea still is that more than half of the guests either A, have no initial relevance to the Calamity saga and can be invited or at least used in quests outside of that storyline (the exceptions being Artix, Nythera, and I believe the pirates), or B, will have no affiliation with the storyline at all (Leon and Mritha, who are both proposed characters for the two guest slots, don't even appear in the calamity saga). Add to this the fact that your proposition requires the completion of the entire Calamity saga, which is not really an easy feat in and of itself, and you basically cut off an efficient resource for lower level beastmasters. I do somewhat agree on the immersion aspect, but the proposition that was suggested seems like it would just slow down and harm some players, rather than to promote playstyles.

On another note though, what class/guest setups have you guys found that work well?

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 10/9/2017 21:52:49 >
AQ  Post #: 81
10/9/2017 22:00:39   
Solargeo

@Grey the age ole beat em till they die , aka most STR a good bit of luck and some wisdom to keep some mana hungry classes feed. aka most classes but just use a stun to power up or set up a combo that HITS hard

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 10/9/2017 22:01:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
10/9/2017 22:09:03   
Greldracion

^Well I meant in general, what classes pair well with what certain guests, though I do like your idea for some quests. Though, what would be a good CHA build setup?
AQ  Post #: 83
10/9/2017 22:14:58   
Solargeo

Idk, I don't use CHA, there is a guide somewhere. And I would say Paladin with Artix and the other Light Guest if Pally has a light reduction skill. or of one of the others do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
10/10/2017 0:16:44   
GammaCavy

Icebound Revenant equipped after acquiring Aegis is almost unbeatable. As for stats, it's good to remember the item stat boosts. I have 155 STR, plus another 43 from item boosts, 43 INT and DEX from items. If you're playing as Mage or Rouge instead of Warrior, i would suggest giving that 155 to your class strength. 25 CHA plus another 22 from items has worked well in regards to the damage my guests do, and 125 in WIS, plus, you guessed it, 83 from items. Luck is good to invest in until you have enough items that add to it to untrain and retrain. Overall, I've found the above combination working quite well for everything from Riftawlker to Pyromnacer to SoulWeaver.

Still voting for the Book 3 versions of guests to become unlocked once you meet them. Perhaps only have the Book 1 versions open before that? Or the option to summon the person form Book 1 or 3? It would work for the immersion factor.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 10/10/2017 0:21:43 >
DF  Post #: 85
10/10/2017 0:49:48   
Greldracion

I kinda like that idea for guest inviting, Gamma. Makes it easy to get most of the guests, since their available pretty early into their quest lines, and getting the three most powerful guests (Artix, Aegis and Nythera) take the most and are the hardest to get. Though I don't really like the prospect of having only 4 extra damage for guests, as well as -6% EXP/Gold per guest. Right now I'm experimenting with a overall 210 CHA/200 LUK/75 WIS build, as I'm only lev 76 (Need to level a little more for my 80 gear) So I'm thinking multi hit armors are going to work best and possibly running with Artix/Ash, or Nythera/Zhoom as my guests. Each guest has some powerful light attacks, but a couple have some nice fire DoT's, so I think I might run a Pally, AoT, or Pyro build.

Edit: Also, @Verly, could it be possible to maybe tweak the pirate's Crit to be maybe 15% (30 Crit) so that it's slightly easier to use their nuke? Right now their damage seems slightly lackluster compared to everyone else, and their blinds are a lot riskier to use with the defense change.

Edit 2: on second thought, 10% might be better to ask, forgot both scurvy and boost are there.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 10/10/2017 1:21:32 >
AQ  Post #: 86
10/10/2017 5:07:29   
HwarangxDxArcher

For the guest, maybe make less spot for them, like only 5 or 6, but they're being rotated every week

Seems fun to me that way :D

DF Epic  Post #: 87
10/10/2017 13:46:55   
GammaCavy

The CHA setup I've got works pretty well for me Greld, but if something else works better for you, go for it! It's a setup I came up with sometime back, and probably has a few bugs somewhere, like the EXP and gold thing you just mentioned. Thanks for pointing that out! Perhaps I should work on revamping it.
DF  Post #: 88
10/10/2017 16:30:32   
Greldracion

No problem! Though I'm still tweaking mine too!
AQ  Post #: 89
10/10/2017 16:35:59   
Solargeo

Greid my set up as Level 62 is 150 STR, 85 END 15 LUK and 55 Wis, this is without equipment mods
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
10/10/2017 22:45:45   
Greldracion

I think that for my level, a 80 CHA/Dmg Stat, 150 LUK, and 50 WIS will be a good build setup. I should get about 21 bonus Dmg from INT and LUK, about 12 Dmg for pets/guests, and a +2% increase in gold and exp, as well as have close to 900 MP (which is easily enough for anything except DK, Ent, IBR, or ACC). At 85, I'm looking at potentially 170 LUK, 100 INT/CHA, and 50 WIS.

Edit: It looks like Book of lore heal gives guests NaN mana, but Voltbolt's heal doesn't.

Edit 2: It looks like guest scaling is not working right in the new quests unless there is a conflict with XBoost. When I fight by myself at 200 CHA (with item stats included) I get 603 EXP from mobs and 21 gold. With 2 guests I get 579 EXP and 21 gold. Against the triple tog mob I get 1807 EXP by myself and 1685 with 2 guests.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 10/10/2017 23:33:35 >
AQ  Post #: 91
10/11/2017 0:58:59   
Siedgrief

Valencia and revamped Robina... also Aegis... also Mritha... and Tomix.

pd: Cap. Rhubarb needs a change to his skill set, having him and Mazurek with the same skills is such a waste of slot, change his skills or replace with other guest (nothing personal against him :C).

pd2: some guest needs some extra skills like Rolith, he could get some party def skills for example.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
10/11/2017 11:42:03   
Lord Run

i like this Grandi the Flora part of his nameless so ill call him Grandi, he is very generic but some thing about him just reminds me my father.
Post #: 93
10/12/2017 12:51:47   
Solargeo

also Artix and Ash with a Paladin are a decently potent combo, fought the ultimate blade guy and won . and fought the golem person with nythera and artix and did good.. God a Ice Soulweaver with Aegeis and Vilmor? ahile the ice weapon is a frozen claymore?

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 10/12/2017 12:53:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
10/12/2017 14:36:36   
GammaCavy

quote:

Ice weapon as the frozen Claymore
. Unfortunately, the Frozen Claymore is no longer a permanent drop, and can only be gained temporarily when fighting Akrithoth. however, any level 50 player can be assured of getting the Vanilla Ice Katana from draKonan's lair. An i alignedSW with Aegis, Vilmor, and an Ice Katana is an axtremely kickass concept.
DF  Post #: 95
10/12/2017 14:42:29   
Solargeo

i frgot not everyone has it but they can use the tempary version of the fire orb saga too. @gamma
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
10/23/2017 5:08:59   
steambin96

I Diamyo considered a possible guest to be added?
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes October 6: The Branden Quarter!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition