Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2017 22:17:25   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Have a favourite class? Perhaps you like a specific combination of enhancements for a particular class? What do you think of the global cool-down on skills? Is there a certain combination of skills you like to use with each class? All class discussion here!

Thread Rules

• The =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and =AQW= General Discussion Forum Rules apply.

• Be Respectful. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion does not mean you should go and offend that user. Move on if that subject matter does not suit you. If you cannot control your behavior, refrain from posting until you're able to do so.

• Be Constructive. Constructive criticism is meant to improve something; not expressed through ranting, whining, or complaining. Any feedback offered must include the issue at hand and offer wordy feedback about what worked, what didn't, and what may have helped make it better. If you want to criticize, do so with the intent to give help, not tear down.

• No OP/UP Discussion. Do not discuss subjects relating to "overpowered" or "underpowered", do not even mention OP/UP in this thread. What may seem overpowered to some players may seem perfectly reasonable to others. We realize that different classes can be prioritized in such a manner as to be beneficial to both instances. While some armors work better for PvE, other armors work better for PvP. That does not mean that a class is imbalanced, but it means that it can be more beneficial to use it in another instance. The AQW staff will not release unbalanced strong classes in the game. Should there be such a case, it will be tweaked or mentioned upon release.

• No Comparison Discussion. Any arguments relating to Legends vs Free Players vs ACs will not be tolerated. It has been clarified under the rules that such posts are not permitted.

• No Suggestions. You may provide a skill tweak on a particular class, granted that you do not start suggesting the entire class revamp or skill set. Suggestions for existing classes may be posted here. You can suggest a whole new class here.

• No PvP Discussion. Any PvP discussion related to classes needs to be posted in the =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread. Small comparisons and references may be made, but the PvP thread exists to house all discussions related to the subject.

Useful Links

• Useful/Recommended Class Builds Guide
  • =AQW= Existing Class Suggestions
  • =AQW= New Class Suggestions
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 1
    10/9/2017 0:42:37   
    Aura Knight

Since I upgraded a few days ago, I picked up doomknight, paladin and evolved pumpkinlord. All are rather fun to use. Most recently obtained class is paladin. I love the damage when facing undead but it seems to have mana issues. Perhaps I'm using it wrong. How should it be enhanced? And of these three I think I enjoy using evolved pumpkinlord the most. I still have quite a few classes to try and 3 months to use them. This is gonna be fun. That's what I'd like to say but most of my time will be focused on SDKA, but that's got nothing to do with classes. Just hope I don't forget to finish getting Svelgr Fangs for chrono assassin.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
    10/9/2017 9:36:29   
    MaligKnight

I think it's always been 3 wiz 1 luk for paladin (and archpaladin respectively)
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    10/9/2017 10:53:11   
    orc orc orc

Stick with full luck for Paladin. Luck gives way more crit damage, better hit and higher crit chance than wizard.
    Post #: 4
    10/9/2017 10:55:14   
    LouisCyphere

AP should be full luck, its last skill is not a reliable source of damage since it can miss and most of AP's skills are physical/magical.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    10/9/2017 21:01:06   
    darkknight skull

I recently bought the calendar and unlocked the ShadowWalker/ShadowStalker of Time classes. I got one of them rank 10, and the class is one of the most intricate classes that I've used. All of its skills have alternate effects, and the class seems like it will perform fairly well in most situations; however, I do not quite understand the best use for this class along with being confused with what order to use the skills in.
    Post #: 6
    10/10/2017 5:26:08   
    Foulman

@darkknight skull
    Check the last thread for combos, or just ask someone like Shadowhunt. The class can be used somewhat well to farm, but it's mainly for PvP and boss fights. Given enough time, this class has the highest potential DPS in the game, although it currently ranks in as the 3rd fastest with the bosses we have right now. Its intricacies make it totally worth the money you used for it, because it's a class that's very hard to get bored of.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    10/10/2017 10:57:17   
      Shadowhunt

Yeah, the use of one skill to cause alternate effects on others is a somewhat clever way to get around the limitations of having only four skills, but uSWoTm8 takes it to a pretty intense level, one I find makes it really difficult to remember everything that each skill can potentially do, especially when I don't really use the class all that often. I like using it in groups against bosses and the like because you can pretty quickly get some high damage ramped up, but mostly where I use it. As a result of it having so many effects, I sort of gave up trying to figure out the fully optimal skill rotation based on what I'm fighting and instead, I'll just do 5 4 3 2 3 on my faster computer or 5 4 2 3 on the slower one (I often can't get that second 3 in time on the slower one, so I just remove the first one). Is it the best way to use it? Probably not. Is it a simple way to use it that's still rather effective? Yes.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 8
    10/10/2017 19:25:18   
    firelegend240

I was aware that the old Legion DoomKnight became the Classic Legion DK, but was unaware that you could also get the new Legion DK if you had the CLDK. Is there any benefit to using the new LDK over CLDK, and should it also be run full luck?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    10/10/2017 19:46:20   
      Solanaceae

ArchKnightshade of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

On the topic of SSoT, I think that the best rotation actually is just 5 4 3 2 3 because it maximizes damage (2 nukes per Temporal Eclipse, and consumes minimal mana outside of nuking) while also being surprisingly good on the defensive (HoT, dodge buff, enemy hit chance debuff, couple it with Health Vamp if you have to). There are technically 9 skills on SSoT if you count both autos, but in all honesty you only need to focus on 4 of them: Temporal Eclipse, and all the skills you can use while that's active. The others are enticing, but not at all necessary. Exude applies a DoT, making it a pure damage skill, which gives you a lot less bang for your buck than the nuke. Vendetta isn't bad, but 30 mana is a bit on the pricy side for a relatively minor defense debuff. I would only use either of those skills if I'm near full mana while Temporal Eclipse still isn't ready to use. Silhouette is pretty interesting, but Shadow Warp is a lot better (free mana on a chrono class is really valuable) and the long CD means you're forced to choose one or the other in your skill rotations.

@Foulman:

quote:

Given enough time, this class has the highest potential DPS in the game, although it currently ranks in as the 3rd fastest with the bosses we have right now.

I'm not too sure about that. Tests were conducted on SN.O.W. Challenge, which has 150k HP (and I was able to beat all the other class times with just spamming 5 4 3 2 3 and Health Vamp). This is a pretty good representation of many generic bosses, but for tankier ones like Aranx in /celestialarenad or the Doom Overlords in /necrodungeon, I think SSoT would come out ahead in solos.

@firelegend240: New LDK is quite a bit better once it builds up stacks, but it has a lot more stacks than CLDK. I'm honestly not too sure when new LDK outperforms it, but using it on anything with over 150k HP sounds like a good rough estimate at level 85. Since your character is level 50, maybe anything with over 100k HP? One thing to keep in mind is that CLDK will probably perform better in groups because enemies die too fast to build up 10+ stacks on new LDK, and also because CLDK has higher base damage on its skills. This matters a lot when you start stacking several multiplicative buffs together.
    DF AQW  Post #: 10
    10/10/2017 20:08:33   
    The ErosionSeeker

Evo Pumpkinlord seems really good on PTR with its really fast autohit skills, Explosive Pumpkins does a consistent 3700 with +75% damage every 4 seconds, while its Sprout DOT exceeds 1100 and ticks instantly, pushing you to 4700. Vine Whip is another constant 800 every few seconds, and you have infinite HP with the very strong 600 heal.

If anyone's looking for a PTR class that requires minimal effort to get and minimal effort to actually play, EPL is your plant.
    DF AQW  Post #: 11
    10/10/2017 21:28:30   
    Edme MacHeath

quote:

Given enough time, this class has the highest potential DPS in the game, although it currently ranks in as the 3rd fastest with the bosses we have right now

Not exactly how I'd put that. It's more or less equal with LC and VHL in fights around 100-150k HP, if you use awe and boosts.
    It's abit harder on SSoT with lower HP bosses, you don't have as many chances to use your DoT combo,
    Bosses at 50-100k don't give you enough HP to pull off multiple DoTs. However the DPS of SSoT still makes it completely competitive to other classes.

If you use Awe and Weapon boosts. It's the fastest class period against almost any boss with good DoTs.
    I don't like using AWE and weapon boosts for benchmarks though. AWES rely on 2 things. How well they work with classes, and how often they occur. So a case by case basis and the other is reliant on RNG.
    Calendar classes like SSoT get much more than any other class from boosts and awes.
    Given without boosts or AWE your statement would be correct. It's more like 3rd without boosts or awe. It requires some good handling of timings of skills.

The only problem with SSoT is that it costs 6k ACs.

Given it's really neck and neck with LC and VHL against many bosses. SSoT can surpass them, it's just dependent on the DoTs. SSoT is a class with that uses a lot of variables.
    It can be the fastest class against anything if all the variables line up. Which means beating LC and VHL against most anything. If you are confident with your presses, I actually recommend using SSoT against any boss that has over 200k HP.

I don't think SSoT is a bad class. It's DPS is competitive with LC and VHL. It only takes awhile for SSoT to hit 4k and 5k DPS. It quickly reaches 3k. It has plenty of survival to keep it alive against any normal boss.
    SSoT is simply just very good.

However I've been using a different combo. I've been using 523234 mixing in with 52342, sometimes if you are lucky you can pull out 2 DoTs in 1 use of skill 5.
    Which means you get almost double damage in that sequence. Doing this more than once cuts and cuts and cuts time off your solo.
    Also I've been using the 20% extra damage to fuel my 2nd skill bringing it about 200-300 damage higher.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/10/2017 21:50:55 >
    AQ  Post #: 12
    10/12/2017 1:01:24   
    MaligKnight

What's a good enhancement set for EPL? full luck or mix some fighter in with it?
    DF AQW  Post #: 13
    10/12/2017 15:28:03   
    kartron

What enhancements do you recommend for stonecrusher? and why is its shield so tiny now
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    10/12/2017 16:30:01   
    Rastaban

I would use all luck for Stonecrusher. While I think wizard might technically be better in a group, all luck Stonecrusher works well enough in a group and also seems to have an easier time with soloing.

I believe the animation was changed to reduce lag.
    Post #: 15
    10/12/2017 21:27:10   
    Werewolf_King

I'm returnimg from awq and recently renewed my membership and just awhile ago bought 5K ac's and I'm wondering which ac class is good for farming/decent at surviving blows from bosses?

Moved from Q&A and merged with Class Discussion Thread. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/12/2017 21:55:12 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 16
    10/12/2017 22:04:32   
    firelegend240

@Werewolf_King

Not the most knowledgeable since I'm just returning myself, but in terms of a good farming class Blaze Binder is supposed to be one of the best, however I've been finding LightCaster as a class that does a good job in terms of farming higher level enemies and excellent at surviving boss battles. Specifically when I'm farming Legion Tokens at Dragon Heart I found LC to be more effective than BB, but that's my two cents.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    10/12/2017 22:36:51   
    teravor

Blazebinder is a decently powerful group farming class, while Lightcaster is an AMAZING support class- If you can afford it, get it while it's still here, it's a yearly thing.

Barring that, some classes are more powerful than others, and while I may be a little biased, Darkblood Stormking a decently powerful all-rounder class that isn't going to steer you wrong, if you don't want to have to use Lightcaster. (Though why wouldn't you, Lightcaster is a monstrously powerful class)
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    10/12/2017 23:23:25   
    Edme MacHeath

ShadowStalker seems to have comparable DPS to blazebinder while farming. Thanks to Temporal Eclipse, it has almost as much reliability on landing everything as blazebinder, although not quite.

Shaman, Abyssal Angel, Blazebinder, and Daimon and even Paladin make great farming classes. In some cases you could even use chaos slayer or void highlord as farming classes.
    CS seems to hit really strong AoE autos. I think chaos slayer is underrated as it has an auto attack that is abit over 2x slower than abyssals but it is easily up to 3-4x stronger with all the buffs.
    Not that I'm implying it is faster or better than abyssal, it isn't.

Troll SpellSmith and Scarlet Sorceress are both abit slower but deal very well with higher HP mobs as they can oneshot monsters in the 4-8k HP range.

I really want to measure farming class DPS. Although I'm debating whether to use DPS or Kills as the metric for farming classes.
    Soloing definitely matters to a degree with the amount of HP an enemy has, but I think farming matters even more in that regard..
    The ability to insta kill mobs in a single skill changes which classes are the best entirely. I don't think any of them really struggle too much with survival, so I can ignore that.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/12/2017 23:41:44 >
    AQ  Post #: 19
    10/13/2017 0:03:14   
    G Man

LightCaster is simply a must.
    It's one of the best soloing/group aiding classes ingame.

It's a stacking class, so you need to spam the skills, but the fact that it has "mage" regen (Where ALL hits will restore mana, depending on the amount of damage you do compared to your health) makes this not so bad. Especially with the first skill which increases the damage your target takes. This makes you and anyone else attacking do more damage.

There's also a pretty strong blind that when stacked to full, and maintained, is a 25% blind, and this helps everyone take less damage.

The heal also has a ton of boosts that come along with the heal, that arguably make it the best healing skill in the game (15% increase to damage, crit damage, crit chance, hit chance, dodge chance, haste and damage resistance)

Finally the final skill does pretty potent damage initially then also has a pretty strong DoT to boot.

And if that wasn't enough, the "class" is only 1K ACS.
    (You have the buy the unsellable Evolved LightCaster Armor and access the LightCaster Token A Shop to buy LightCaster )

As for a farming class:

Blazebinder is a solid choice, arguably the best farming class all around.

But if you want to save ACS and possibly save time over farming reputation(s) (Due to RNG it's entirely possible you can never get the class, but that's semantics at this point...) Scarlet Sorceress is free from Scarletta at /towerofmirrors it didn't take me too long on my alt to get, about an hour...
    Scarlet Sorceress is on the slower end, but it's still very much a solid class.

< Message edited by G Man -- 10/13/2017 10:43:51 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    10/13/2017 0:11:51   
      Shadowhunt

@Edme: You're definitely not the only one who would love to have some solid numbers for farming classes, but they're just so much harder to get. Different farming classes behave very differently depending on what you're doing. A class that's great for roomhopping low-HP mobs, for instance, may struggle more when it comes to roomhopping mid to high HP mobs, and so forth. Basically, there seems to be a variety of factors that play into it:

-Low HP
    -Medium HP
    -High HP

-Stationary farming (standing in one spot just repeatedly killing the same mobs)
    -Running farming (moving a lot from screen to screen)
    -Roomhop farming

If you use those alone, then there are nine combinations that you'd have to test for each class to figure out where it excels and where others are better. Plus there's the whole issue of defining low, med, and high HP, and when do you get to the point where it's not really considered farming as much as it's considered soloing? That's all just part of why it's so hard to really definitely pin down a single best farming class. Something that's really strong with stationary medium HP farming may end up being pretty bad at running low HP farming. If you wanted to test out pretty much every scenario with every class you could consider a farming class, then you could probably pretty well figure out what classes work best for what. But that's a pretty huge undertaking.

I do think kill number (probably per minute) is a better measure than just DPS, but you'll run into problems with respawn rates in certain scenarios, so you'd have to keep that in mind as well.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/13/2017 0:12:56 >

AQ AQW  Post #: 21
    10/13/2017 8:08:21   
    thulsa doom

For me at least, most multiple mob farming entails fighting fairly low HP monsters -- Bludrut 2 and 4 and most new releases.
    The Classes I find the fastest and most fun to use are as follows:
    Chunin -- extremely fast farmer, especially now that the last skill does reliable 1000 + damage.
    Dragonlord -- two powerful AoEs (and like Chunin, it has the Mage mana regen) ensure that you never really pause while running from room to room.
    Mage (yep, that's right, good 'ol starter class Mage)-- fast CDs and great damage is a hard thing to beat if you are looking for a good farmer.
    Daimon -- with 2 Luck and 2 Wiz Daimon is a beast at decimating these low HP monsters. It's basically nothing more than using the first skill and letting the DoT and AA do the rest of the work for you.
    Blazebinder -- I put this one last, but it's pretty much equal to Daimon in speed, but you might have to use more than one skill.
    Honorable mention: AbA -- Yes it's fast, but I find it to be too annoying what with the whole self targeting thing which in the end makes it really no faster than Chunin or Dragonlord or even Mage.

For Stronger Mobs the best AoE Class is definitely Shaman.

IMO Shaman, Mage, and Lightcaster are all anyone really needs for any situation in this game.

@V
    Good one zanathos! Archpally is also a pretty decent mob farmer too, which just adds to its usefulness. In fact, maybe just Shaman, Lightcater, and Archpally is all anyone really needs.

< Message edited by thulsa doom -- 10/13/2017 12:26:44 >
    AQW  Post #: 22
    10/13/2017 11:43:00   
    zanathos

I would add Archpally to that list Thulsa, because there are some bosses that Lightcaster just can't out-defend, that Archpally tanks easily. It's a slow kill for sure, but the risk is as low as it could possibly get
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
    10/13/2017 17:50:42   
    Edme MacHeath

Vampire Lord Class has hit the design notes... it's probably gonna be good considering that the birthday classes are usually good, maybe dragon shinobi wasn't tooo good, but even that wasn't too bad.
    quote:

Skill Breakdown

Auto Attack: Slash
    Rank needed: 1
    Mana cost: 0
    Cooldown: 2 sec. cooldown
    Type: Physical
    Range: Long Ranged
    Description: You slash out at two targets with your extended Vampire claws, dealing 70% weapon damage to each. Deals 70% damage to 2 targets.

Rank 1: Devour Blood

Mana cost: 25
    Cooldown: 5 sec.
    Type: Magical/Physical
    Range: Long Ranged
    Description: Deals damage to up to 2 enemies and heals for some of the damage dealt. Applies 'Blood Loss' debuff to your enemies, reducing damage done by 50% for 5 seconds.

Does not apply 'Blood Loss' while 'Aspect of The Bat' is active.

Rank 2: Sonar Scream

Mana cost: 0
    Cooldown: 10 sec.
    Type: Magical
    Range: All
    Description: Applies 'Deafened' debuff to up to 4 enemies, increasing the damage they take by 30% for 8 seconds. If you have 'Aspect of The Bat', applies 'Sonar Senses' buff to yourself, increasing your hit chance by 50% for 8 seconds.

Rank 3: Ghoul Gouge

Cooldown: 8 sec.
    Type: Magical/Physical
    Range: Long Range
    Description: Deals damage to up to 2 targets and applies 'Gouged' debuff to your enemies, dealing damage over 12 seconds.

Does not apply 'Gouged' while 'Aspect of The Bat' is active.

Rank 4 Passives

Pure Blood: Increases Endurance by 25%
    Ageless: Intellect increased by 30%, Crit Rate reduced by 20%

Rank 5: Aspect of The Bat

Cooldown: 30 sec.
    Type: No Modifiers
    Range: Melee
    Description: You take on the aspects of a bat! Your haste and crit chance increase by 500% for 15 seconds but you deal 50% less damage, take 50% more, , your skills cost 100% more mana and no longer apply debuffs to your enemies.

Rank 10 Passive

Sanguine Lord: Damage increased by 20%

Looks to be a farming class. I'll definitely enjoy the AoE auto attack and the other AoE skills. This might be a class that switches between offense and defense, from the looks of it.
    it might not be able to really crit until you use Aspect of The Bat. the tradeoff of that skill will mostly be lessened by your other skills, except the mana cost doubling.
    I think 500% crit and haste is really overkill and silly but I guess it works. You will deal 50% less and take 50% more damage but sonar scream increases 2 targets damage taken by 30% and devour blood makes 2 deal 50% less.
    However the class has a 4 target skill so it seems like they did that to keep the penalty of aspect of the bat.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/13/2017 17:59:17 >
    AQ  Post #: 24
    10/13/2017 18:12:09   
    Rastaban

The last skill appears to disable the 50% damage reduction from Devour Blood, unfortunately.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 512345>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition