Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2017 1:23:47   
Edme MacHeath

Support: StoneCrusher is still the best support, followed by lightcaster, then followed by Aracnomancer and ArchFiend, and maybe Bard. Bard and ArchFiend are both member only though.

Healing: LightCaster is amazing in healing self/groups. It has offensive support aswell and exceptional DPS, making it one of the best support, soloing and healing classes, although it is seasonal.
ArchPaladin is extremely tanky and reduces your opponent's damage and other things too, making it one of the best defensive classes ingame, also making it the best defensive support. Healer and Oracle are both slow but heal groups well, you can also obtain both basically for free. You already have oracle and I assume you know how to obtain healer.

Farming: Shaman is still one of the best, I'd get Vampire Lord before it goes rare, as it has insane DPS. BlazeBinder can be obtained and has the best survival for a farming class if you ask me, none of BB's skills miss either. Abyssal Angel is rare but one of the best. If you want something easier to obtain try Chaos Slayer if you aren't a member, and try paladin or daimon if you are a member. If you want to spend ACs then ShadowStalker of Time is good.

Void HighLord is indeed one of the best soloing classes with it's high DPS and Survival. LightCaster and ShadowStalker of Time both are the next best soloing classes in terms of damage and both have still quite good survival.. Legion DoomKnight is seasonal aswell but is still quite good. Glacial Bezerker is good too and returns every year at frostval which comes in December. Necromancer is a decent soloing class that is easy to obtain. Not much else.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 11/12/2017 1:26:33 >
AQ  Post #: 276
11/12/2017 1:31:53   
NEOCROM

So this classes can be considered in the top as being one of the best. What about the chrono classes? Let's say the chrono Dragonknight. As for Lightcaster, you told it's seasonal, this means it returns when?
AQ  Post #: 277
11/12/2017 17:52:34   
Edme MacHeath

LightCaster returns every September for 1k ACs. Since it's ACs I gave some other classes that are good.

Most of the chrono classes are good in groups especially with a stonecrusher. Chrono DragonKnight being able to hit in the hundred thousands is still good and will probably be good for a long time.
AQ  Post #: 278
11/13/2017 4:05:13   
you stop

I still think LC is better than SC due to one reason: raw dps. LC + other class clears bosses faster than SC + another class due to LC's dps, which acts as a double dps combo. Apart from SC's dmg reduction and extra mana sustain, I'd recommend LC over SC any day.

An exception perhaps is SC + Calendar classes. That aside, LC is what I would go for.
AQW  Post #: 279
11/13/2017 5:20:38   
Edme MacHeath

Not at all.

LC doesn't do better in a large party. You won't have reach even 15 stacks against anything under 500k HP. I've fought 100k+ bosses in 2 player parties and haven't been able to even fully stack stonecrusher.

StoneCrusher basically doubles anyone that can take enough advantage of all the boosts. LightCaster will never reach enough DPS in a party due to how much faster the boss will die. Even at 5k DPS lightcaster only really somewhat outsupports SC. Seeing as in a solo LC has to fight a 400-500k HP boss to fully stack. I don't think it will outplay SC at any situation. All the other players add to the speed of the kill. in a 6 player group boss fight. I don't see lightcaster reaching even 3k+ DPS against anything under 500k unless everyone is just using horrid classes. SC's support is way too big and adds thousands to everyone. LCs DPS isn't enough to warrant the use of it over stonecrusher. SC's support adds to everyone else's DPS too much.

Perhaps LightCaster might be better in a 2 player party. I think it really depends on what class everyone is using though.

AQ  Post #: 280
11/13/2017 6:32:37   
Metakirby

To add on top of what Edme said, Stonecrusher can almost guarantee Magnitudes every time in a bigger group (even just 2-3 other people increases your chances greatly), this increases SC's own overall DPS quite a lot, when you can get magnitude off on pretty much every use of Stalagmite and Endless Fissure, giving you constant 3-4k+ crits with Stalagmite and 10+ with Endless Fissure, on top of all your auto attacks which crits mostly every time, all before damage boost items are even taken into consideration.
A little extra note on SC that you don't really think about a lot is that SC can only hit up to 5 people with it's support skills, this includes itself, although I think you can target 5 others, if your main target is another person on the team. 6 man parties are kind of a rarity and pretty unnecessary in most fights though, because you only really need 1 SC, 1 Arachnomancer and then whatever damage classes you can throw into the pile and you can kill million hp bosses in possibly less than a minute with the right combination, I bet it will even be possible without any Calendar classes involved.
There's also certain classes which benefits a lot more from SC than LC, which makes for better 2 man groups, mostly classes which needs close to, or more than 30% haste for maximum potential.
AQW  Post #: 281
11/14/2017 1:35:22   
NEOCROM

As for the solo classes, Void Highlord would be a pain till i will get it, LC is seasonal and Shadowstalker must be bought with cash, but till i think about this classes, is there any other class than can handle pretty good to solo high HP bosses? (like 200k+ bosses for example)
AQ  Post #: 282
11/14/2017 4:06:20   
Metakirby

Glacial Berserker, seasonal for Frostvale: Has huge debuffs like hit and haste reduction, it has top tier damage potential, but is combo reliant, so effectiveness might differ from fight to fight.

Legion Doomknight/Classic Legion Doomknight, Seasonal for Dage's birthday: You could pretty much see this one as the standard for a good soloer nowadays, spams everything, never runs out of mana and does good damage.

Shaman: You need some pretty high hp bosses for it to really shine, you can easily use it as a substitute for LC/VHL on higher hp bosses. It also scales super well in a group fight with a SC or LC.

Chaos Slayer: Good damage output with various debuffs, with the only real downside of being random in terms of effectiveness because of the random "Courageous" buff and your heal being a 50/50 chance. That being said, it's still very solid, as long as you don't get horribly and unlucky or apply the "Paragon" effect.

Stonecrusher: More or less a top tier soloer, but reliant on Magnitudes for maximum damage output and overall solo potential.
AQW  Post #: 283
11/14/2017 13:40:54   
NEOCROM

This classes are good for solo high HP bosses too, right? Asking because sometimes i am the only one at a boss and i wait alot till some ppl join, and till then i would like to finish that boss by myself.
AQ  Post #: 284
11/14/2017 14:03:23   
Metakirby

Yes, I tried to narrow it down to the best long term damage classes that aren't too hard to get/doesn't cost ACs, or are rare (with the exception of Legion Doomknight requiring legionship).

I could put a whole lot more classes on the list like Necromancer, Darkblood Stormking, Scarlet Sorceress, Vampire Lord, Cryomancer, Collector etc. classes which can solo well enough, but lacks in the long term compared to basically all the classes I mentioned previously.

You can also add Dragonslayer General on the list of good long term soloing classes, in the case you are fighting dragons, like the 7 deadly dragons, or Ultra Akriloth, although you would probably want to use Shaman for soloing the latter.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 11/14/2017 17:08:25 >
AQW  Post #: 285
11/14/2017 23:42:08   
NEOCROM

Yeah, tested Vampire Lord at celestial arena bosses for example. It really has a limit at those bosses. Especially when you use aspect of the bat, allowing the boss to do 50% more damage to you. Thing is i really can't see how classes without some strong healing skills can solo 500k hp bosses. Like Shaman for example, been playing this class for years, but it's heal isn't that great, against a boss with high hp and high damage it can zerk you pretty easily, or it's something i don't do right? With SC i managed to solo something, but sometimes it has his limits.
Well, Oracle i can say is something, but his damage is very low. I have Legion Doomknight, gonna give it a more serious test, see how it works, as for Glacial, well, gonna wait 1 more month for that, cuz from what i've seen in videos, it looks good even against 1 million HP bosses.
AQ  Post #: 286
11/15/2017 0:39:05   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Monster health and damage aren't necessarily correlated, just as soloing capability and DPS aren't necessarily correlated. It sounds like you're pretty much looking for something that's got high survivability as well as high DPS, which is why you might find things like Shaman lacking a bit for soloing. Shaman's got a pretty good heal on the whole once you factor in the HoT, and Embrace really helps with the negating crit chance. It can be a good class for high-HP bosses because of the stacking damage increase, but that can take a bit to start getting to high levels.

Really, a lot of it comes down to what you're trying to solo and the amount of risk you're willing to take. A hard-hitting and high-HP boss can be tough if you've not got something like VHL, Lightcaster, or SWoT; all of these classes have great survivability as well as great DPS. So at that point you'd have to decide: is it more worth it to try to get it done faster but risk dying and starting over, or is it more worth it to go slowly but safely, with a pretty good chance of finishing the battle.

Assuming your AQW character is the same as your forum name, none of the classes you've got in your inventory really stand out as high-DPS solo classes. Stonecrusher can work but I've found it inconsistent enough that I don't really like using it for solos. You say you have LDmK, so I'd probably swap Oracle for that. Oracle is so insanely boring. If you want to get a class that survive pretty much anything, I'd go with ArchPally, which at least has damage output, unlike Oracle.
AQ AQW  Post #: 287
11/15/2017 1:31:17   
NEOCROM

For now i'm trying to find my guts in order to farm for VHL, after seeing the requirements, would rather pay ACs for that if would be an option though. Anyway, i will think about Archpaladin, give it a try and see how it handles. Thanks for help.
AQ  Post #: 288
11/15/2017 6:31:32   
LouisCyphere

VHL will never have an AC shortcut.
If you want the second best solo/bossing class, you might want to get LightCaster for 1k ACs
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 289
11/15/2017 10:21:19   
Stronius

Yeah, VHL is never going to be purchasable, which is a good thing. The entire point of the class, aside from it's insane solo power, is the bragging rights associated with farming it. Having a purchasable version would be like, as Veya put it, "The walk of shame in armor form", Fiendish Doomknight.
AQW Epic  Post #: 290
11/15/2017 13:07:39   
wizman

Are there any classes that are so good that they are worth the AC's? I'm a returning player who hasn't played in a year or so and really don't feel like grinding for an op class.

Classes not on my character page are: Chaos Shaper, Dark Legendary Hero, Evo Leppy, Guardian, Mechajouster and Sentinel.

I was also wondering what classes that i currently have are good?

< Message edited by wizman -- 11/15/2017 13:11:24 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 291
11/15/2017 13:49:23   
Ach1

@above

You have blaze binder which is considered to be one of, if not the best farming classes in the game. Darkblood is also quite good but a bit outdated compared to new classes.
Most of the time it is not worth to buy a class with an AC since it can be farmed, there are quite a few exceptions, for example if the AC version of class is non-mem while non-AC class requires membership, some people prefer to buy AC version to use permanently. Since you dont want to grind, I suggest buying stonecrusher (best support class in game, quite good solo class(better than darkblood IMO)). Ive also heard Daimon is good, but I am not sure since I do not have it myself. I also recommend saving 1000 AC for lightcaster class, which is one of the best solo classes, but it is seasonal.

Which support class is better, Archfiend or Arachnomancer? Also what are the best enhancements for arachno?

< Message edited by Ach1 -- 11/15/2017 13:58:51 >
AQW  Post #: 292
11/15/2017 14:02:13   
Stronius

In most cases, Arachno is better, assuming that in both cases you already have a SC with the party. Arachno gives everyone in the group 2x damage and 4x DoT damage for a few seconds, and it's got a pretty low cooldown with the haste buff from SC. Archfiend, meanwhile, gives a crit % buff and a 75% damage increase, though AF's damage buff has something like a 45-second cooldown.
AQW Epic  Post #: 293
11/15/2017 14:11:01   
Ach1

@above

Yeah just did some testing, both are pretty interesting classes, but it is disappointing how weak Archfiend is, with contract applied, damage output is quite nice, but the class has survivability problems, especially when fighting multiple opponents (which is another weird thing about this class, why on earth are second and last skills AoE, while first one is not, makes the class really questionable)
Also cooldowns are very problematic, heal is inconsistent and very small, even with full wizard.

Arachno on the other hand had nice damage output, but seems to have mana issues after using the last two skills.
AQW  Post #: 294
11/15/2017 17:55:21   
  Shadowhunt

The only use I really see for Archfiend these days is for high-HP bosses, assuming you've got it rank 10. And even then, if possible, you'd be better off using something else and then switching to Archfiend once the monster is at around 20% health or so. The rank 10 can help finish a fight pretty quick, but that is about it. It used to be a decent support class but Arachnomancer pretty much outdid it in terms of offensive support, and that in turn was outdone by Stonecrusher (though not necessarily in terms of raw damage increase).
AQ AQW  Post #: 295
11/15/2017 22:09:20   
Ach1

Thanks for the information! Still looking for the enhancement recommendations for arachno
AQW  Post #: 296
11/16/2017 7:17:31   
XeNON_54

Lucky is always a good way to go.
Some say Thief if you're going solo but you will NEVER go solo when using Arachno.
Post #: 297
11/16/2017 12:34:53   
  Shadowhunt

I too used Lucky on Arachno. You're pretty much only ever going to be using it in a party, so you'll (hopefully) not have issues with haste and healing. As such, Lucky can be good because, IIRC, you do have a skill that's a guaranteed crit and so you can contribute a little bit more to the overall party DPS by using Lucky and that skill.
AQ AQW  Post #: 298
11/16/2017 12:47:23   
Aura Knight

I thought I read somewhere that wizard is better for arachno as that gives better haste and DoT which should be more useful in a support role.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 299
11/16/2017 14:28:42   
Ach1

Alright, I will try luck, I tried wizard, it increases DoT but survivablity goes low. Is it true that luck enhancements are getting useless after the server rewrite?
AQW  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition