Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 28«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2018 19:28:36   
Edme MacHeath

If you are gonna get Elemental Warrior, earn it. Otherwise there is no reason to get it at all. It's quite easy to get too.
For Archfiend, it's not worth 2k ACs either. Archfiend is abit more difficult to farm unless you have one of the pets from nulgath that give the fiend tokens.

I don't know whether you are referring to exalted soul cleaver or legion doomknight when you say "legion class from dage" but neither is really worth 2k ACs

Exalted is not worth your ACs at all. it's not worth using in terms of anything outside of PvP.
LDK is seasonal and will return in march and costs 2k ACs or 2k legion tokens, but a paragon pet or the lack of foursight at /evilwardage both basically spit out legion tokens like there's no tomorrow.

You can easily farm 2k legion tokens in a few hours even with lack of foursight and much much faster with a paragon pet. Lack Of foursight is such a good quest as it doesn't require anything except being a part of the legion, and you need to be in the legion to get the classes anyways.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 1/28/2018 19:29:26 >
AQ  Post #: 526
1/28/2018 21:59:19   

2k acs for a Paragon pet pretty much means a lifetime's supply of LTs and Legion classes. It's one of the best investments you can make rn.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 527
1/28/2018 22:19:51   
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

LDmK still holds its own for the most part, so that's a good part. ESC is basically only used for having a bit of fun and seeing what kind of damage you can do, so that's not really something that I'd say factors in that much. And the other Legion classes aren't available anymore. So for most intents and purposes, 2k ACs gets you LDmK immediately or it gets you LDmK after a bit of effort, though of course the caveat is that second method might result in getting other classes with a bit of effort later on as well. I'd definitely say there's not really any reason to buy LDmK for 2k ACs though.
AQ AQW  Post #: 528
1/29/2018 1:30:43   

just a thought. How about we put AC Enchantments (like those with Evolved Painsaws) to the non-ac classes ONCE IT REACHES RANK 10?
So we don't have to feel bad to discard something we've spent boosts with
Post #: 529
1/29/2018 1:40:49   

Wouldn't getting an AC version of a class you ranked up to rank 10 mean that you would have to rank it up to rank 10 again? The classes would be two separate items, so the rank wouldn't carry over.
AQW  Post #: 530
1/29/2018 11:59:46   

Ah yeah :/ well that will be an extra work/coding if they keep the rank 10 on merge. Haven't thought of that lol
Post #: 531
1/29/2018 21:42:11   

Whats the combo for eternal chronomancer? Non of the youtube vids actually the order of the skills to you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 532
2/1/2018 14:58:05   

is immortal chronomancer still worth getting?

if not why is that?
Post #: 533
2/1/2018 16:34:21   

This is just how you preferably start up a combo with EC/IC, it may not always go as you want, but if everything works out in your favor (not missing a Deadlock stack), it should look something like this:

2>5>2>5, repeat until you have 4 stacks of Infinity Rift and 4 Stacks of Temporal Rift (just count on the Rift you applied last) then use 3 for the damage boost and 4 to nuke.

If everything works out, you should be able to start up on the next kill with 5>2>5 (this should apply The Fourth Dimension and a stack of Temporal Rift), now repeat the cycle of 2 and 5 until you have used 5 a total of 4 times after you applied Temporal Rift and instantly use 3 and 4.

On the 3rd nuke is where things really speeds up, if you have done as previously mentioned and everything hit, you will now be able to use 5 to instantly apply The Fourth Dimension and Temporal Rift, which means from here on out, as long as you don't switch class, die or waste 90 seconds doing nothing, you can just use 5>2>5>2>5>2>5>2>5 then 3 to refresh the damage boost and 4 to nuke, the cooldown of the nuke should line up more or less perfectly with this loop and will set you up for yet another (5>2) x 5 > 3 > 4 loop. Just repeat that however much you like.

If you happen to miss and it throws off the Deadlock Counter, you can always play around that and it wont lose you much more than a couple seconds. Your main priority once you finished the 2nd loop is to try an make sure you can activate The Fourth Dimension and Temporal Rift instantly once you have used your nuke, you don't need to worry about your Infinity Rift stacks, they will automatically refresh while setting up the next nuke. You should also use 3 before a nuke, just to make sure you refresh your 30% damage buff and the extra healing doesn't hurt. You can also use Speed Abrasion first if you have already completed 1 nuke successfully and have your cooldowns ready to make sure you hit with everything up until your next nuke.

If you have a Stonecrusher, Lightcaster to increase your haste, you can add another use of both 2 and 5 beyond the normal combo and still only have spend 10 seconds. It can increase your damage by quite a bit in group fights, but this does mean you have yo start with 2 instead of 5 on your next nuke setup.

The short version:
1. Stack up Temporal and Infinity Rift to 4, press 3 then 4.
2. Apply Temporal Rift again, loop 2>5 (4 times), pres 3 then 4.
3. Repeat process until enemy is dead and make adjustments if your Deadlock stacks gets off track.
You don't want to apply Enter Infinity before The Fourth Dimension from 2nd nuke and onward, but if you do, it would only waste 3 Deadlocks worth of time, generally not the biggest deal.

I would say it's worth it if you have the ACs for it. Unless there's some other rare or something you are just itching to get, or you need some more inventory spaces and that would prevent you from using 6k ACs on Immortal Chronomancer, there's little reason to not get Immortal Chronomancer.

There has also been no new classes introduced since then, so the worth is the same, but nowadays, you have more people who have used it for a while to give advice on how to use it most effectively and whatever else you want to know about the class. It's definitely something you need to play around with for a while to get the most put of, especially if you are fighting a boss in that weird hp range where stacking up fully is overkill (there's not much reason to use IC if the enemy is already down to 20-30k ish hp by the time your nuke it set up), but stacking up slightly less can save you a good 5-7 seconds per kill.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/1/2018 16:35:39 >
AQW  Post #: 534
2/1/2018 17:16:59   

ya but what if a more powerful class come out and is better the ic so far my to go class is light class and i do have about 6kish ac
Post #: 535
2/1/2018 17:22:33   
Aura Knight

We can't give advice based on hypothetical situations. In the end, the decision to get the class should be your own. I'd have to agree that it's worth having. Very useful for those boss fights against hp sponges that we SO really enjoy. The class is a single target high damage class with decent sustain. I'm sure there's plenty of videos showing it off. If you've not seen any, check them out and maybe those can help you make a final decision.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 536
2/1/2018 18:04:27   
Edme MacHeath

Calendar classes generally are often above the current curve to begin with in terms of power. Classes still take at least a year or two before they become unviable so you shouldn't worry too much.
StoneCrusher and Legion DoomKnight are both a few years old and still both are some of the better classes ingame.
Usually a top tier class stays viable for longer and especially a chrono class.
Also I don't think any normal class will reach chrono like DPS for quite a while. They're usually ahead of other classes by a couple thousand DPS.

If you don't have a Chrono class, I'd definitely say IC is worth checking out.
AQ  Post #: 537
2/1/2018 18:35:46   

Fact of the matter is, Immortal Chronomancer is ridiculously powerful, and while there is a chance that something new will come and blow it out of the water, there's also a chance that nothing will come even close to it, leaving you without it OR anything else powerful.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 538
2/1/2018 21:45:49   

VHL can burst targets at once right? And seems faster in reaching it's peak damage. But does IC pales it in comparison?
Post #: 539
2/2/2018 9:29:08   

VHL does very good consistent damage, IC does "meh..." damage for about 12-14 seconds and then it hits insanely high, so in general, if you can kill something within that small amount of time with VHL, then you should pick VHL over IC. However, basically anything above that, IC just blows any class out of the water with a couple exceptions depending on the exact hp and if IC crits or not.

Just to give you a comparison, I did 3 kills on Deflated Glutus with VHL, without damage boosts and it took me just over a minute every time (1:02, 1:04 and 1:11).
With IC under the same circumstances, it took me 2-3 nukes every time, the time ranged anywhere from just under 30 to just above 40, depending if it was a 2 or 3 nuke kill and the higher hp bosses we take on, IC has more chances to crit, and for the most part just a single crit will put IC way ahead of VHL. If you go down to about 100k hp, it would be dependent on whether or not you do do a high crit on the first or 2nd nuke.

If I were to have used Burning Blade of Abezeth or NSoD, there would have been a high likely hood of me killing Glutus in 1 IC crit. With a SC or just any other good damage/haste buffing class, IC will obliterate hp sponges so much faster. With an SC, you would almost always crit and just in general hit close to twice as hard on the nuke, LC would be about the same as SC just with less crit chance, Arachnomancer/GB/Archfiend etc. also works wonders with IC if timed correctly.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/2/2018 9:55:54 >
AQW  Post #: 540
2/3/2018 13:52:05   
darkknight skull

What awe enhancement would you recommend for Chrono Assassin to either do more damage or cover weaknesses? Due to its built in haste boost along with its already lightning fast auto attack rate, getting off the effects of awe enhancements is quite easy and occur frequently.

< Message edited by darkknight skull -- 2/3/2018 13:53:31 >
Post #: 541
2/4/2018 1:47:34   

Health vamp for solo, spiral carve for damage
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 542
2/10/2018 18:09:46   

So as a returning/super rusty player, I was skimming through old posts in this thread, and I saw that people were saying how Shaman is still a good farming class.
Are they referring to OG Shaman or the Evolved Shaman? If it's the original one, then what's Evolved Shaman useful for?

Also, if I don't plan on farming endlessly, what would be a nice, reachable class to aim for? I mainly use Legion Doomknight, Shaman, and Dragonlord right now, but my char page should have the other classes I sometimes switch to. I also have Exalted Soul Cleaver, Pyromancer, Oracle, Undead Goat, and Alpha Omega in the bank, if that matters at all.

DF AQW  Post #: 543
2/10/2018 18:18:08   

what are the top 3 soloing class atm not counting Calendar classes

what are the top 3 farming class atm also not counting Calendar classes

< Message edited by darkhl7 -- 2/10/2018 18:19:51 >
Post #: 544
2/10/2018 19:41:06   

They are referring to "Shaman", not "Evolved Shaman". This is because a couple years back, they doubled the damage of Shaman's first 2 skills as well as adding a quite decent HoT for extra surviability, you can just spam the first 2 skills when doing AoE farming and you can kill a lot of things pretty quickly. This also turned it into a good class to kill bigger hp sponges.

Evolved Shaman just got left in the dust due to this change, the change affected both Elemental Embrace and Elemental Grasp, so Evo Shaman got something, but Evo Shaman is just weak in comparison to Shaman now. Evo Shaman can be used as a farming class like Shaman, but it's skill's cost more mana for less damage. In terms of soloing or just single target damage, Shaman also does better than Evo Shaman on that front. You would either use Evo Shaman as support-ish class or in PvP where you can potentially stun lock your opponent with enough good coinflips. You can easily throw Evolved Shaman away if you need the extra space.

You seem to have something for everything, LDK for solo/DPS, Shaman for farming and then some variety classes (as I like to call them), classes that aren't necessarily good, but fun to use every now and then.
Soul Cleaver, Undead Goat and Pyromancer are all bad in their own ways and Oracle is just way too slow for anything, but other than that, all your other classes range from decent to great.

As for classes you should get (in no particular order), I would say Stonecrusher (you already have Arcangrove Rank 10 at the very least, Brightoak and Mythsong are super easy to rep), Blaze Binder (rank 10 Doomwood and Embersea rep + Pyromancer), Scarlet Sorceress (a low% drop from the boss in /Towerofmirrors), Troll Spellsmith (rank 10 Troll, old but still holds up well) and Dragonslayer General, while it's not necessarily the best class, it's quite strong, ESPECIALLY on dragonkin and gets overlooked a lot, requires rank 10 Dragonslayer + farming a quest in /Dragontown for a bit.

I would also love to put Vampire lord and Glacial Berserker on the list, but they will only be available once their seasonal events return, which is Mogloween and Frostvale respectively (October and December).

Top soloing classes with high DPS:
1. Lighcaster/Void Highlord.
2. Legion Doomknight.
3. Glacial Berserker.

Top soloing classes without DPS factored in:
1. VHL.
2. Archpaladin.
3. Oracle or Scarlet Sorceress.

Top AoE classes:
1. Blaze Binder.
2. Vampire Lord.
3. Shaman.

Keep in mind these lists are subjective, some people prefer some classes and may put them higher or lower depending on their own point view. In the case of AoE classes, it very subjective, preference and hp range dependent. In a soloing situation, it's more objective, some classes simply deal more damage than others, ergo, they are better.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/10/2018 19:44:43 >
AQW  Post #: 545
2/11/2018 17:43:53   

Never seen anyone talk about it, but anyone have opinions on the Mechajouster buffs that happened last month?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 546
2/11/2018 20:17:51   
Legendary Ash

The change states that Charge received a buff of 20% to self and -20 resistance to opponent and extended its three effects to 10 seconds, previously haste was 8 seconds.

However, it seems that there is a bug of the Punctured not interacting with the Bleed and Demoralized stacking multiplicatively with Punctured instead of additively for a total of 2.04 buff value.

With no effects:
Auto 258, Crit 585

With Momentum applied:
Auto 310, Crit 702
/258 = 1.2

With Punctured applied:
Auto 387, Crit 878, DoT 177 per tick after Momentum fades and Demoralized never applied to this second target, DoT 213 per tick after Momentum and Demoralize fades on this target, both DoTs remain the same even after Punctured fades
/258 = 1.5

With Momentum and Demoralized applied:
Auto 372, Crit 842
/258 = 1.44

With Momentum and Punctured applied, DoT applied to second target without Demoralize:
Auto 464, Crit 1053, DoT 256 per tick then refer to Punctured only above
/258 = 1.8

With Momentum, Demoralized and Punctured applied:
Auto 557, Crit 1264, DoT 307 per tick then refer Punctured only above
/258 = 2.1589
AQ  Post #: 547
2/11/2018 22:04:06   
you stop

just a certain comment to what Metakirby mentioned regarding Glacial Berserker, the map /icepike is still available as well as the rep shop (contains GB). this map also happens to be one of the best sites to farm the said class.
AQW  Post #: 548
2/13/2018 11:14:36   

I'd honestly buy it for ACS because of the AC tag. Don't buy support classes with ACs.
Post #: 549
2/19/2018 1:52:19   

I haven't really played much over the last couple of years, and have a few questions.

Is it worth spending 2k AC's on Pyromancer, just to get Blaze Blinder?

How do Darkblood Stormking and Flame Dragon Warrior hold up these days?

And, are there any must-have classes I need? (I already have Archpally)
AQW  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 28«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition